PDA

View Full Version : College Football 2005

Strider
08-22-2005, 09:10 PM
I'm not sure how many people care about Division I-A football like I do, but it's worth a thread, anyway.

Class is back in session, which means college football is back in action. Whee. Of course, USC is the talk of the town, having stomped their way to back-to-back national titles and looking for a threepeat. With the return of Matt Leinart, their Heisman-winning quarterback, as well as Heisman finalist running back Reggie Bush, it's easy to see why they're the favorites.

Luckily for the rest of us, though, they're far from alone. The Texas Longhorns are considered to have their best team yet under Mack Brown, starting the season ranked #2. Hype is nothing, however, if they can't get that elusive win over #7 Oklahoma.

Personally, I'm psyched about Fresno State, since they'll start the season ranked for the first time in school history. Sure, it's #24, but you've gotta start somewhere. If they can get to November undefeated, they'll get Boise State and the Trojans on back-to-back weekends. Ooh, that'll be good.

Anyway, who do you root for and how do you think things will play out this year?

Max
08-22-2005, 11:47 PM
whoo boy

big ncaa fan :)

Personally im a Iowa fan. They are supposed to do good this year even though they dont have peirce

Masamune·1600
08-22-2005, 11:56 PM
I attend Notre Dame. Nothing else really needs to be said.

Well, realistically, we're probably not going to go undefeated. :cry: While Charlie Weis will certainly make an immediate positive impact, it's going to take some time for our program to "return to glory"....er, again. Nevertheless, I feel we'll surprise many. SI apparently doesn't think too highly of our squad, but our greatest flaw last season was inconsistency, and Weis is surely the man to deal with that. I'll just say that, for now, I'm guardedly optimistic.

MAS82587
08-23-2005, 12:23 AM
i actually like texas' chances of beating ou this year. vince young is the real deal.
my IOWA HAWKEYES should have a great year with drew tate leading the way.

escobert
08-23-2005, 06:57 AM
Michagin State.

Strider
08-23-2005, 07:02 AM
What is it with all of the Big Ten folk in here?

eestlinc
08-23-2005, 03:19 PM
OMG UGA DAWGS DAWGS DAWGS

actually, I really don't like college football. People are a bit too rabid about it in SEC country.