PDA

View Full Version : ZNES Help....

Dreddz
08-22-2005, 09:29 PM
I finally got my laptop, so I decided to get an emulator and chose Znes
I got chrono trigger ( very good game I might say). But I need help on saving, or freezing whatever.
How do you freeze your game ?
All I have is the screen with the game, but nothing else around to click on.
And i pressed all the buttons on my key board and nothing. I had to stop ( after consuming nearly an 1hr on Chrono Trigger ) which annoyed me
Anywayz, help please......

ShunNakamura
08-22-2005, 11:10 PM
Znes?? no clue bud.. you are on your own there. Never even heard of it till now.

As a recomendation. For Snes emulation I would stick with Zsnes. Never had any problems with it. And it is very self explanitory.

Dreddz
08-22-2005, 11:13 PM
you didnt make any sense then....

Cloud No.9
08-22-2005, 11:20 PM
gibbi did you mean zsnes?

crashNUMBERS
08-22-2005, 11:36 PM
Freeze your game?? you mean like pause it for a moment?? I think thats the Escape button. "Esc". To save well.. Thats the game. You know the typical RPG save point stuff. If you need anymore help ask me on MSN or here and I might know...

Dreddz
08-22-2005, 11:59 PM
yea, oops....
I changed to Snes9x and I think its alot better. But I still cant save the game. With game ROMS, do you keep them on till you beat the game ?

crashNUMBERS
08-23-2005, 12:04 AM
yea, oops....
I changed to Snes9x and I think its alot better. But I still cant save the game. With game ROMS, do you keep them on till you beat the game ?
Whaddya mean?? Chrono trigger saves when you find a save point for it..

Shoeberto
08-23-2005, 12:08 AM
Yeah, you just use the in game save points, like a real game. There is an alternative option, using save states, but for a game like Chrono Trigger you don't need it. Just use the game's save points.

kawakami Gensai
08-23-2005, 02:25 AM
On a realted topic, I too have had zsnes problems. Every time I try to download one it pops up as a finale notepad (music program) file. Anybody know how to fix that?

Tama2
08-23-2005, 02:36 AM
Snes9x it's Shift F1-F9. each F1 to F9 is it's own slot. To load just press F1-F9.

I hate ZSNES

ShunNakamura
08-23-2005, 05:33 AM
Well Znes is a program.. I looked it up(don't know much though).. so rather then assume you made a typo.. *shrug*.

As for saving state in Zsnes. Hit the Esc key... go down the file option. select save state.. and viola.

crashNUMBERS
08-23-2005, 05:34 AM
Well Znes is a program.. I looked it up(don't know much though).. so rather then assume you made a typo.. *shrug*.

As for saving state in Zsnes. Hit the Esc key... go down the file option. select save state.. and viola.
Theres a save state?? Holy crap. Didnt know that...

ShunNakamura
08-23-2005, 05:43 AM
Well in the version I used there was... but that is an outdated version. Downloaded it 2-3 years ago.. installed it once.. didn't use it for ages.. loaded it up about a month or so ago(darn SNES don't want to work right :( ). And I saved states alot. I keep 9 or so instances of the same game. That was why I wanted in the first place. the game had only one or two save slots naturally.

Not to mention it would let you save before a boss fight. No more dungeon crawling back due to a stupid error.

Dudius
08-23-2005, 05:44 AM
the windows version of zsnes is far superior to snes9x, the dos version kinda sucks pretty bad especially when using Windows ME and up.

to save state in ZSNES press F2. to load a state press F4. everytime you save state it automatically takes a small snapshot of the screen you just saved on. Press F3 to choose a different state. This is good because you can tell which state is which.

ShunNakamura
08-23-2005, 05:56 AM
Heh.. well that is different. I think I was using the dos Based version.. It got the job done just fine for me.

Though the picture thingy sounds useful and nice. Perhaps I should check out the updated one.

Dreddz
08-23-2005, 10:43 AM
You lot dont know what I mean. If nI wanted to turn off my comp, if i go back, will it still be there. Everytime I press on Chrono Trigger. It starts a new game. I want to get back to my place that I was before.......
And im using Snes9x now btw.....

ShunNakamura
08-23-2005, 01:57 PM
Can't help you there. But if you do go back to Zsnes all you do is what Dudius says(or so I assume). Hold f4 and select the state. after it was saved of course. It will remain there.

If you use the in game save points. Next time you run that room it will be there saved into the rom.. just like they save into the cartridge.

Dreddz
08-23-2005, 02:21 PM
but when I save states, whenever I play the game again, it is gone.
I really need help, my laptop is burning up, i need to shut it down quick.
When I start Chrono Trigger again, it plays from the beginning. So if I go to load in the screen, my save will be there
I need help as fast as possible. My laptop is burning me....

Baisically, All I want to do it shut down my comp, have a life. Come back and be able to start where i left off. i know how to save the games state. Its just when i load chrono trigger again. its gone and i have to start over......

EDIT : No worries people, I did it. Thanks to all that helped....

Dudius
08-24-2005, 12:42 AM
I don't understand how this problem can exist unless you can't write to the HD or if you're running your game off of a cd or something. when you savestate it'll create a file called chrono.zs1 or chrono.zs2-9 depending on which slot you're using. and when you do an ingame save it'll create another file, but I don't remember the extension for it. (this is zsnes by the way, but snes9x works pretty much the same)

So try saving your state (F2 in zsnes and Shift+f1-9). Then look at whatever folder your rom is and look to see if it's created another file. if it did, you should be able to load it (F4 in zsnes and F1-9 in snes9x). If not then I suggest deleting the emulator and all it's files and your rom and downloading them again. If that doesn't work then I'm not sure how to help you.