PDA

View Full Version : Odin

Cid001
08-23-2005, 03:05 AM
:mad2: Does anyone know any way to keep odin from appearing so often? He butts in almost every battle and i can never mug or anything
I have tried selling all my dead spirits and death stones but that didnt seem to help at all.. If i wasnt on disc 3 already I would start over and never even get him to join

Shoeberto
08-23-2005, 03:47 AM
Can't you just un-junction him from someone?

G SpOtZ
08-23-2005, 03:54 AM
nope, he's unjunctionable. you can't do anything with him, but i'm pretty sure there are more items to discard to keep him from appearing, i just don't know which ones.

Megalixir
08-23-2005, 03:55 AM
no.. odin doesnt get junctioned...

Cid001; if you want odin to appear less, you need a lower luck stat.. granted this will make mugging rares occur less, but if odin is getting in your way that much, take off luck-j or luck+50% and he should appear less frequently.

Skyblade
08-23-2005, 06:24 AM
Just wait until you get Gilgamesh. He almost never shows up.

x_Hopeless_Deviate_x
08-23-2005, 07:19 AM
How can you talk like that about Odin?
He's my friend and I like him hehe.
^_^

Slade
08-23-2005, 07:33 AM
Donsnt it have something to do with how many dead spirits you have? Im not entirely sure tho but it kind of makes sense.

Final_Heavan_33
08-23-2005, 08:30 AM
ODin is really that bad? you mean you would actually turn down an easy win in a battle? i welcome Odin with open arms when he comes and slashes the enemies in two.

Mercen-X
08-23-2005, 09:15 AM
Just wait until you get Gilgamesh. He almost never shows up.
I'm confused, how is it that Odin is popping up so much. I thought he only appeared once every TEN battles (Seifer being the exception).

I recall Gilgamesh showing up much more often than Odin. However, he doesn't always do anything useful.

crazybayman
08-23-2005, 12:07 PM
ODin is really that bad? you mean you would actually turn down an easy win in a battle? i welcome Odin with open arms when he comes and slashes the enemies in two.
Yes, but when your trying to mug rare items, and you finally get into that battle with the ever-elusive wendigo, blue dragon, etc, its a pain in the arse when Odin shows up, slashes everything to bits, and you can't mug anything or gain any rare items.

Christmas
08-23-2005, 12:51 PM
Odin works good before Malboro use it Bad Breath and you have no status guard against it.

Discord
08-23-2005, 12:58 PM
Odin works good before Malboro use it Bad Breath and you have no status guard against it.

Or if you have to fight the stupid fish while looking for the Adamantitoses. I hated those red fin bastards.

crazybayman
08-23-2005, 01:06 PM

Or if you have to fight the stupid fish while looking for the Adamantitoses. I hated those red fin bastards.
True.
However it sucked when he would show up when you finally did find the Adamantoises. Unless you were lucky enough for them to drop Adamantine after Odin slashed them to pieces.

Cid001
08-23-2005, 02:03 PM
You could just run away from the fish, I bet that would be faster than if odin kills them anyway.

..or junction 100 deaths to everyones status attack, they will die in 1 hit, then when you reach the adamantoise meltdown and mad rush ;)

Skyblade
08-23-2005, 02:38 PM
You could just run away from the fish, I bet that would be faster than if odin kills them anyway.

You can't run away if Odin shows up. It is a guaranteed victory, and there's nothing you can do about it.

crazybayman
08-23-2005, 02:59 PM
Does anyone know if its possible to get GF Tonberry and not get Odin? That would mean going into Centra Ruins, fighting as many Tonberries as possible in under 20 min, then leaving before 20min is up, and then keep going back for more Tonberries until you get 20, each time going for under 20 min.

You really don't need Odin if you junction properly.

Anyone know if this is possible?

Christmas
08-23-2005, 03:02 PM
Let me think...ppl want Odin appear whenever they want.
But in the past FF series, Odin can appear whenever the gamer want but not 100% kill.
So we want him to appear when we want him to and have a 100% killing rate.

So in the begining of a battle, we let the player have a option to choose. If Odin is in a good mood and wanted to appear, players then can choose whether to want him to appear.

Maybe if we add this feature in the game, everyone will be happy?

EDIT: To crazybayman: doesn't it reset the amount of tonberries you kill if you left the ruins? I need to check it out.

Skyblade
08-23-2005, 03:03 PM
Let me think...ppl want Odin appear whenever they want.
But in the past FF series, Odin can appear whenever the gamer want but not 100% kill.
So we want him to appear when we want him to and have a 100% killing rate.

So in the begining of a battle, we let the player have a option to choose. If Odin is in a good mood and wanted to appear, players then can choose whether to want him to appear.

Maybe if we add this feature in the game, everyone will be happy?

I would be. I'd make him not appear during the Seifer battle, and keep from acquiring that jack@$$ Gilgamesh...

Christmas
08-23-2005, 03:23 PM
I would be. I'd make him not appear during the Seifer battle, and keep from acquiring that jack@$$ Gilgamesh...

I was wondering why must it be Gilgamesh to replace Odin...
Siegfried anyone?

tailz
08-23-2005, 03:29 PM

I was wondering why must it be Gilgamesh to replace Odin...
Siegfried anyone?

yeah siegfried is a good idea but sky why dont you just get odin after disc 3 that way there will be no /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gifty gilgamesh

rubah
08-23-2005, 11:36 PM
Do you have any death spells also? You'll probably want to discard them.

Odin was coming about once every seven battles with me-- it's definitely random xD

Ichimonji
08-23-2005, 11:56 PM
Odin doesn't come once every ten nor seven nor any amount of battles. It's completely random. It's possble for him to show up four or five fights in a row, and it's possible for him not to show up for another fifteen battles.

crazybayman: I'm pretty sure it resets.

rubah
08-24-2005, 12:02 AM
I said it was random, but that I had counted it at a faster rate than the aforementioned 1/10 xD

Laugh at face of Danger
08-24-2005, 07:23 PM
I was dead impressed when my odin showed up for every Marlbro that i found, do you know how easy it is to get enough for the weapons that way?

Come on, Odin's a blessing, not a curse!

Megalixir
08-25-2005, 09:17 AM
Come on, Odin's a blessing, not a curse!

except for when you dont want exp.

FluroChoco
08-25-2005, 09:26 AM
I was trying to get bahamut by myself. I didn't realise there was a third option until after about 7 ruby dragons. Odin slashed like 4 of them though :):). I had better xp for bahamut n stuuf.

I love odin. Gilmagesh is weak....

Way to get rid of Odin - Get gilmagesh, he does jack all

Pouring Rain
08-26-2005, 12:31 AM
Just wait until you get Gilgamesh. He almost never shows up.Doesn't he come after Odin dies because Seifer slashes him in half in the last boss fight of disk 3 in Lunatic Pandora?

Skyblade
08-26-2005, 01:43 AM
Just wait until you get Gilgamesh. He almost never shows up.Doesn't he come after Odin dies because Seifer slashes him in half in the last boss fight of disk 3 in Lunatic Pandora?

Yes. That's where you obtain him. See how often he shows up after that.

rubah
08-26-2005, 02:25 AM
He hasn't yet for me.

Cid001
08-26-2005, 06:35 AM
Does anyone know if its possible to get GF Tonberry and not get Odin? That would mean going into Centra Ruins, fighting as many Tonberries as possible in under 20 min, then leaving before 20min is up, and then keep going back for more Tonberries until you get 20, each time going for under 20 min.

You really don't need Odin if you junction properly.

Anyone know if this is possible?

Yea I have done it.. I killed all the tonberries and the king within the time limit. just keep squall weak and do nothing but use squalls limit over and over, if anyone dies just use a regular life spell. You probably have pandemona by then so use spd-j, spd % and str %. just skip your other party members since they arent fast enough except for irvine but he will run out of ammo so just use squall. You can forget about summoning GF's since they are way too slow. BTW in case you dont know you can use the menu button to skip turn, and you can keep skipping turn to have another chance at getting your limit.

loza
08-27-2005, 07:17 AM
I love odin. Gilmagesh is weak....

gilmagesh sucks!
Odin is the best man!I hate it that you HAVE to get gilmagesh

P.S i know this is completely off subject but how do u get the pictures on the fourms?

rubah
08-27-2005, 04:34 PM
Wait to get Odin in disc 4.

To get an avatar: http://forums.eyesonff.com/profile.php?do=editavatar
a signature: http://forums.eyesonff.com/profile.php?do=editsignature

deathtrooper
09-07-2005, 04:09 PM
4th disk?
i always get odin in 2nd disk
plus you cant get him in disk 4
youll see if you dont know why

rubah
09-07-2005, 11:21 PM
Why can't you?

It seems rather simple to me.

Skyblade
09-08-2005, 05:20 AM
Why can't you?

He might think that the barriers that keep you from entering cities would affect the Centra Ruins too...

tranvanhieu
09-10-2005, 05:03 AM
Why can't you?

He might think that the barriers that keep you from entering cities would affect the Centra Ruins too...

Yeah,maybe.
And I think there are three places that aren't affectted : Centra Ruin,Deep Sea Research Center and Space Station Crash site.Any more places?
Oh and about Odin,when I face any Ruby Dragons on mountains around Esthar city,he ALWAYS shows up! I got so mad then!

ezzarian
09-10-2005, 08:19 PM
After using the protals on the chain, I could still get to the Centra Ruins! I don't know if you can still get Odin! By the way, Gilgamesh sucks straight down to the ground! He only appeared when I was fighting Seifer and when I was doing Omega Weapon and he only did '1' damage!!!

Gilgamesh of Legends
09-11-2005, 01:03 AM
he always appears when im fighitng ulti, i wonder if zantetsuken can activate then

HunterFlamebrow
09-12-2005, 02:08 AM
Two points: none of the locations where you can get a GF are closed in the 4th disc; this includes Centra Ruins (Tonberry), Deep Sea Research Lab (Bahamut), Tear's Point (Doomtrain), Tomb of the Unknown King (Brothers). This means that, by drawing GF's from the bosses in Ulti's Castle, it's possible to obtain all GFs in disc 4 (except maybe Diablos, if you didn't get the magic lamp from Cid).

Second: I've not tested this, but IN THEORY, it would be possible to get Tonberry without setting foot in Centra Ruins. Tonberries can be encountered in the corridor that leads to Ultimecia's chamber, so if you ran around there, and fought enough tonberries, you could get up to 20. Whether or not TK would appear, I don't know.

anima_griever
11-18-2007, 08:00 PM
(except maybe Diablos, if you didn't get the magic lamp from Cid).

How do you NOT get the magic lamp from Cid? He stops you as you leave the screen but I guess you could just sell it...?
I mean, why wouldn't you get diablos?

Takara
11-18-2007, 08:15 PM
Well, you don't get Diablos if you never use the lamp. :)

Aerith's Knight
11-18-2007, 08:37 PM
Well, you don't get Diablos if you never use the lamp. :)

nuhuu... they force you in disc 4 :) .. they strap you down and tape your mouth shut and then they throw the magic lamp at your head until diablo comes.. true story.. :tongue:

Zeromus_X
11-18-2007, 09:02 PM
Please don't revive threads that are this old, remember to look on the dates of previous posts in a thread before replying to it to avoid thread necromancy. Thanks! :)