PDA

View Full Version : Pink Floyd Unplugged

Dazed and Confused
08-23-2005, 10:29 AM
I've been listening to a lot of Pink Floyd latley and I was thinking that an unplugged show by them would be a cool, so post some songs that you think would sound good played acousticly by Pink Floyd (excluding songs that are already mostly acoustic such as Wish You Were Here)

I think.....

Breathe
Summer '68
Us and Them
Brain Damage/Eclipse
Hey You
Comfortably Numb
Arnold Layne

tomamar04
08-23-2005, 11:01 AM
The Wall as well.

Do you think Pink Floyd will actually start touring again?

Dazed and Confused
08-23-2005, 11:10 AM
I very much doubt it. Maybe without Roger Waters, but we can always dream

I don't think the entirety of The Wall would sound very good acoustic personally

tomamar04
08-23-2005, 11:20 AM
I think they should start touring, they were the best act at Live 8.

Buster Sword Strike
08-23-2005, 06:38 PM
I think most of Dark Side of the Moon cause I think it's true, that's what defined them best. Sometimes I wish I lived in the 70's so I could see Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd and all of these other legends perform live.

White Raven
08-23-2005, 07:14 PM
Though there are many wonderful guitar rifts through out Pink Floyd (most noteable being the ones in Comfortably Numb, Money and Hey You ), for the most part Pink Floyd's music is heavily dependant on synthesizers and other gizmos to make their instruments speak.

Don't get me wrong, Waters and Gilmour are great guitarists, but Pink Floyd is not much aboot the guitar as it is the lyrics, vocals and the other sounds and how they are wonderfully synched up.

But to forget all that and answer your question....

~Hey You
~Pillow of Dreams
~Have a Cigar
~Money

(And Pink Floyd in it's entirity will NEVER tour again...Waters and the rest will never see eye to eye again...and Syd is too spaced out to do anything more)

Brian The Pink Shark
08-23-2005, 09:13 PM
you'd definetly need to have "Wish you Were here" and "comfortably numb" :choc:

Mitch
08-24-2005, 06:50 AM
See Emily Play
Stay
Seamus (oh yeah!)
The Gnome
Fearless
Cirrus Minor
Set The Controls For The Heart of The Sun
Time

Buster Sword Strike
08-30-2005, 02:17 AM
"Picking away, the moments that make up a dull day" :)
Pink Floyd is an amazing band that deserve a lot more attention than they recieve.

Jebus
08-30-2005, 02:23 AM
I'd sell my right arm on eBay to see Pink Floyd tour again.