PDA

View Full Version : Help Me! - My FFX-2 Disc is not working on the Mission Selection!

Nick :)
08-23-2005, 01:18 PM
Yo all. I gotta proper problem at the moment. Basically, the other day I tripped over my ps2 controller and it jerked my ps2 quite a bit. Luckily, the ps2 wasn't damaged and it appears that it's working fine. But when I tried FFX-2, it worked ok. So I decided to play it. When I spoke to Buddy, it was fine. But just as it's about to go to the mission screen, IT CRASHES! AH SUXAGE :X. I checked the disc for any damage, and it appears there's a tiny little scratch/burn on the disc. I've tried toothpaste, hair conditioner, rinsing with warm water, and it still crashes on the mission selection menu. What should I do? My mate said I should trade it in and pretend nothing is wrong with it then get some money and buy a used copy. My other mate said I should buy disc cleaning kit. But I don't have the money right now, and I've only got my mates ps2 for another 2 weeks or so.

Is there anything I can do to sort this disc out?
Cheers,
Nick.

Rye
08-23-2005, 01:19 PM
Why did you use water and toothpaste...?

I know they're are supposed to be a disc scratch fixers in GameStop, but I dunno if they work. Good luck. :)

08-23-2005, 01:20 PM
Well I checked a few sites and they said it helps coat over scratches etc.
Any other things I could try?

Little Miss Awesome
08-23-2005, 01:24 PM
Erm, in the manual there' something about getting a new disc, but it costs a bit. My disc for X-2 is scratched so bad it runs really slow. You can buy disc cleaning equipment, give that a try!

boris no no
08-23-2005, 01:25 PM
erm....not play it ;p

i dunno if they do this near you but in the city near me theres a shop that cleans the disk for only a few pounds....like £1.50 a disk
that normally works for me <3

08-23-2005, 01:34 PM
Kk Thanks peeps.
Nick.

PS. Have you checked the "Teen Love" thread? I wrote a good reply ;).

The Jamie Star Scenario
08-23-2005, 02:11 PM
Spray anti-perspirant on it. Other than that I suggest putting it in the microwave or leaving it in direct sunlight.

08-24-2005, 12:37 PM
Oh ok Jamie :). NOT! Don't try fooling me you twot! I know that if you leave a CD in direct sunlight it will damage it ¬_¬.

karatehero
08-24-2005, 12:54 PM
Um, I just had this problem with FF VIII. I just went out and got a new disk.

As much as those used game places are a horrible rip off, they don't deserved to get cheated. You can buy this game new for $20. You could probably find it used for even less.

Go out and sell your blood plasma, or donate some man juice. That'll get you a few bucks. ;)

Shadowdeathrose
08-24-2005, 07:06 PM
:D try cleaning the lenz on your ps2? it might work cuase theres alot more imformation to process in x - 2 than in other games - thats wat i had to do, and as you can guesse it worked, oh and the best part about it is it's CHEAP! ;)

OH TO do this basically unscrew the back of ya ps2 and you should see a small circular disk (lenz) just polish that or somat

Big D
08-25-2005, 10:34 AM
OK, time for a serious reply.

Your PS2 took a serious knock, right? That's possibly caused some kind of damage to the laser alignment. You ought to try a few different games, and see if they crash or skip at any point.

If you're sure the problem's with your X-2 disc, then all is not lost.
For a low price, you can get DVDs re-surfaced. They basically replace the clear coating on the front of the disc - many game stores can do this for you; just ask around. It's virtually 100% effective, as long as the damage is on the surface of the disc, not on the back (the label side, where the information is encoded).