PDA

View Full Version : DENSHA OTOKO

Necronopticous
08-23-2005, 05:01 PM
Densha Otoko may be the best thing that's ever happened to me. As forum junkies, it is essential that you all see this as soon as possible.

Anyone else obsessed yet?

DK
08-23-2005, 05:45 PM
what you say

Necronopticous
08-23-2005, 06:21 PM
I say "Anyone else obsessed yet?" because if anyone has seen even just the first episode, they'd be out of their mind not to be obsessed.

DK
08-23-2005, 07:25 PM
Sorry, I meant to ask "What is this show?" because I have never heard of it, but I lost my soul to AYB.

Necronopticous
08-23-2005, 10:00 PM
It's a show airing in Japan right now about a complete loser otaku who saves a drop-dead gorgeous rich girl from a drunk pervert on a train. Since he knows nothing about the opposite sex, he posts about the incident in a thread on a popular Japanese message board, getting tips on what to do to get the girl, basically.

The show is very unique because it contains lots of extremely accurate references to geek and otaku culture, managing to pull off 15 minute scenes consisting only of him posting on the message board and receiving replies that don't get boring in the slightest. It's hilarious and heartwarming, definitely the best live-action J-drama I've ever seen.

If you haven't seen it, don't wait any longer. You're already really missing out.