PDA

View Full Version : user notes

Cloud No.9
08-23-2005, 09:30 PM
is it just me or should each individual have control get control over what goes into his or her user notes rather than pestering mods if people start flaming or spamming? it would make things easier for everyone and wouldn't cause any harm as it is your own profile and should be able to have what you like there.

XxSephirothxX
08-23-2005, 09:33 PM
I don't think people should be able to edit other people's usernotes, but it seems fair to me that they'd be able to delete ones they disliked that were in their profile. It may not even be possible with vBulletin, though. I have no idea.

Shoeberto
08-23-2005, 09:35 PM
It's really not pestering us, since it's our job to take care of that stuff.

I'm not sure what kind of hack would be required to give each user permission to moderate their own notes, so I'm assuming it's going to be a no, but I don't really know much about the VB backend and what the admins can/want to do with it.

kikimm
08-23-2005, 09:35 PM
We used to have that option, if I remember correctly. But with at least one person in particular, it got quite out of hand, so I'm not so sure it'd be a good idea. Don't know.

Sepho
08-23-2005, 09:36 PM
It actually doesn't sound like a bad idea. I'm not sure why anyone would want to delete or edit their own usernotes, but considering that you have control over everything else that goes in your profile, it makes sense.

Leeza
08-23-2005, 10:15 PM
There is no hack required. The option to edit your own usernotes was taken away when members would go in a edit what has been written to them by other members. Since the option has been abused, it is now no longer available to anyone.

Letting a mod know is not pestering. If someone is writing something in your notes that you do not think is okay, let a mod know about it.

XxSephirothxX
08-23-2005, 10:22 PM
Is it possible to allow members to delete usernotes left for them, but not edit them? I think that would be ideal, as no one would have any real reason to delete usernotes unless they simply didn't like what was said in them.

ZeZipster
08-23-2005, 10:39 PM
Is it possible to allow members to delete usernotes left for them, but not edit them? I think that would be ideal, as no one would have any real reason to delete usernotes unless they simply didn't like what was said in them.

Yeah, what loser would just go and delete all his usernotes for no apparent reason?

*coughs*

Cz
08-23-2005, 10:51 PM
Yeah, what loser would just go and delete all his usernotes for no apparent reason?

*coughs*That's nothing. Rather than just delete them all, I once sorted through my usernotes with a fine toothcomb, and only deleted the ones that I felt were too spammy. :D

Loony BoB
08-23-2005, 11:01 PM
If there is a problem with a certain user abusing their user notes privileges, we take those privileges away. If a lot of people do it, we'll just remove usernotes altogether. :D

Psychotic
08-23-2005, 11:01 PM
If a lot of people abuse the staff, will we remove them altogether? ...pretty please?

Oh and by them I mean the staff. ;)

rubah
08-23-2005, 11:26 PM
Let's remove Pssy :D

Psychotic
08-23-2005, 11:29 PM
I get abused by rugby all the time (in more ways than one, if you catch my drift, which you don't because I have neither dropped nor thrown it) so yeah, go for it. :banme

Del Murder
08-24-2005, 01:36 AM
It would be ideal but I don't think it is possible with our current board. Of course, I'm sure The Man could write a hack for it, but he just had a posting binge here so probably won't be back for another month or two.

Hawkeye
08-24-2005, 01:42 AM
EoFF is the new addiction, after all.

But yeah, I would be in favor of the deletion button only

eestlinc
08-24-2005, 01:44 AM
the problem is edit/delete are the same button.

Hawkeye
08-24-2005, 01:51 AM
Thats why you need some super genious who knows this stuff. If The Man aint present, you gotta have a back up for his place!

WHAT? EOFF DOESNT HAVE A BACK UP? RESPONSIBILITY, GUYS

XxSephirothxX
08-24-2005, 01:52 AM
Well, if this would only be possible with a hack, I'll give it up, because odds are that'll never happen. :p

-N-
08-24-2005, 02:12 AM
I agree! :love:

edczxcvbnm
08-24-2005, 03:42 AM
-N- is my hero :love:

Old Manus
08-24-2005, 10:08 AM
There is only one thing to do. Make everybody moderators.

*shudders*

Dreddz
08-24-2005, 01:15 PM
I see no purpose in User Notes anywayz..............

Agent Proto
08-24-2005, 06:03 PM
I have no problems not being able to delete/edit usernotes on my own. If I find something unusual, I tell a staff member about it. Did it last time, and I'll do it again if I have to.

edczxcvbnm
08-24-2005, 06:14 PM
I like to edit my own user notes to say funny stuffs.

Resha
08-24-2005, 06:27 PM
I see no purpose in User Notes anywayz..............

You heathen. :(