PDA

View Full Version : Her frist day at JR High

Yuna Braska 19
08-24-2005, 03:13 AM
Well this is about my friend and she is very upstead and she needs help.
She has not made any friends yet and she has really hard homework.
And her Mom has a BF so she can't always be with her.
What can she do?
I talked to her alot and she was crying about it too.
She has to get up at 6:30 to 2 something, but the work is goning to get harder and she is really upstead.
What can I say and do for her?
:(

Hawkeye
08-24-2005, 03:24 AM
She should probably go to the school cousoler, but once I take psychology next semester, I'll get back to ya ;)

Flamethrower
08-24-2005, 03:41 AM
The first few weeks/months of school are always the toughest. It always gets easier. Also, it's not a big deal that she hasn't made friends yet on the very first day. Not a whole lot of people do.

nik0tine
08-24-2005, 05:24 AM
What kind of Junior High is she going to? If it's a public school she is just being whiney and over exagerating her workload tenfold. As for the friend thing... it's the first day. And it's Junior high.

Dignified Pauper
08-24-2005, 08:16 AM
Sounds pretty Emo to me.

boris no no
08-24-2005, 10:07 AM
shouldn't this be in eyes on eachother?
school is hard for the first few months. trying to be cool and cop with the work.
get her to talk to someone at ther school....a form tutor or the nicest seeming teacher.
:)

Old Manus
08-24-2005, 10:21 AM
This is another one of those "I have a friend who" things.

silverpigeon97
08-24-2005, 10:49 AM
i can answer in one word, drink. Or she can just go and play sports, thats always a good way of meeting people.

Seymour_Guado_Goth
08-24-2005, 10:54 AM
Wow. That sucks. Her mom should spend more time with her

udsuna
08-24-2005, 12:41 PM
Yeah, don't post things requesting help/advice/comfort in the general chat area.... you get some "interesting" replies from a lot of jackasses who don't have any empathic ability, or even basic dignity.

But, on your subject, I advise your "friend" (let's be honest, almost no one's going to believe it's not you, even if it isn't)... anyways, she should try toughing it out. Getting upset over the *first day* is just disappointingly over-emotional.

However, what no one here seems to realize, is that school is almost certainly NOT the real issue. I promise you, whatever the problem, it's far more important than her new adventures in school. Can't tell you what's up, as I don't have a great deal of information to work with, but it has to do with her home/personal life. Or she could simply be a sympathy whore. But that's always caused by something, too... so, again, don't look at the obvious "school" answer, it's not school that's causing the problem. Beyond that, I don't know what to tell you.

Dignified Pauper
08-24-2005, 04:26 PM
Yeah, don't post things requesting help/advice/comfort in the general chat area.... you get some "interesting" replies from a lot of jackasses who don't have any empathic ability, or even basic dignity.

Jackass? I prefer Jackeestlinc (http://www.eyesonff.com/forums/showthread.php?t=68386) myself. Besides, this doesn't deserve empathy. you said yourself here that...

But, on your subject, I advise your "friend" (let's be honest, almost no one's going to believe it's not you, even if it isn't)... anyways, she should try toughing it out. Getting upset over the *first day* is just disappointingly over-emotional.

Emo.

However, what no one here seems to realize, is that school is almost certainly NOT the real issue. I promise you, whatever the problem, it's far more important than her new adventures in school. Can't tell you what's up, as I don't have a great deal of information to work with, but it has to do with her home/personal life. Or she could simply be a sympathy whore. But that's always caused by something, too... so, again, don't look at the obvious "school" answer, it's not school that's causing the problem. Beyond that, I don't know what to tell you.

So what, it doesn't stop the fact that it's Emo. You can't pick your family. So pick some friends. Your inability to not be able to get friends is no one elses fault but your own. Whining about it only makes it worse.

Old Manus
08-24-2005, 05:54 PM

The great thing is, udsuna has "No Eyes on Each Other for me".

udsuna
08-24-2005, 08:24 PM
The great thing is, udsuna has "No Eyes on Each Other for me".

Because I got into a heated discussion with a couple people who were actually defending child molesters. But, yeah, crossed the line on that one. What gets in my craw isn't the temporary block, it's that the other offenders didn't.

Oh, and Pauper, neither you nor I have any freaking clue what might actually be wrong with the girl. For all we know, she's being molested by her mom's new boyfriend. So don't make judgements like that until you actually know that you have enough of the story. Everyone should follow that rule, I think.

DMKA
08-24-2005, 08:43 PM
This is another one of those "I have a friend who" "I'm a lying sack of crap" things.

Lindy
08-24-2005, 08:45 PM
I'd suggest you tell your friend to kill herself, it's only going to go downhill from here, so might as well end it on a relative high.

Suicide pacts are often a good way of making friends too, try that.

ZeZipster
08-24-2005, 09:04 PM
You're all assholes.

I had the same problem when I moved. Time will deal with it if you just endure.

lordblazer
08-24-2005, 09:10 PM
What kind of Junior High is she going to? If it's a public school she is just being whiney and over exagerating her workload tenfold. As for the friend thing... it's the first day. And it's Junior high.
If you think about it from a child's perspective. It may be too much work because she doesn't know or understand how to balance work from play. Heck all middle school kids dont. Anyway they learn in high school and even more in college. So it doesn't matter. Just help her out and stuff and she'll be ok.

Rye
08-24-2005, 09:37 PM
I can relate slightly, as I was nervous as heck about Middle School. The first day was AWFUL for me. I had no friends and I was late and I was terrified. Personally, I think High School is a bit easier than Middle School. People were jerks than to me a lot and they'd make fun of my weight (as I was heavier then and my school is like the land of anorexic people) and now I have it pretty easy. :)

Resha
08-24-2005, 09:46 PM
I'd suggest you tell your friend to kill herself, it's only going to go downhill from here, so might as well end it on a relative high.

Suicide pacts are often a good way of making friends too, try that.

:laugh: I'm laughing at such evil..:(

Drift
08-24-2005, 09:49 PM
EVIL!

Dignified Pauper
08-25-2005, 06:21 AM
I think this thread is priceless.

Oh, and about not having friends. Did she not have friends in elementary school? I mean, she has you doesn't she. That's ONE friend.

Oh wait... this is one of those "I have this friend see.." stories..

Sephex
08-25-2005, 06:24 AM
What I have learned from this thread: People in this forum should spend sometime growing up a bit.

DMKA
08-25-2005, 07:07 AM
What I have learned from this thread: People in this forum should spend sometime growing up a bit.
Well one person atleast.

Dignified Pauper
08-25-2005, 07:13 AM
Oh, and Pauper, neither you nor I have any freaking clue what might actually be wrong with the girl. For all we know, she's being molested by her mom's new boyfriend. So don't make judgements like that until you actually know that you have enough of the story. Everyone should follow that rule, I think.

You sound like you know... some "friend" without friends. Maybe your "friend" should speak up and seek counseling.

Jojee
08-25-2005, 07:17 AM
Middle school is tough, stick through it and it'll get better ^_^

Sephex
08-25-2005, 07:22 AM
Well one person atleast.

Fine, I'll elaborate.

To the people who are giving "the friend" crap: My, my...how easily we forget what a pain in the ass Jr. High was. Anyone who says Jr. High was fun is either lying or plain ****ing delusional.

DMKA
08-25-2005, 07:24 AM
To the people who are giving "the friend" crap: My, my...how easily we forget what a pain in the ass Jr. High was. Anyone who says Jr. High was fun is either lying or plain ****ing delusional.
And how do you know how everyone else experienced Jr High? How do you know it sucked for everyone like it did for you?

You don't.

Sephex
08-25-2005, 07:28 AM
And how do you know how everyone else experienced Jr High? How do you know it sucked for everyone like it did for you?

You don't.

That's right, but I have never heard anyone be enthusiastic about Jr. High. Sure, I heard people say that it didn't bother them too much, but I have never heard anyone say that they truly loved it.

If we weren't able to share our opinions on things based on if other peoples experiences were similar to someone elses, then no one would ever be able to share an opinion.

DMKA
08-25-2005, 07:32 AM
If we weren't able to share our opinions on things based on if other peoples experiences were similar to someone elses, then no one would ever be able to share an opinion.
True...not that I would know what sharing an opinion with anyone is like. :greenie:

Sephex
08-25-2005, 07:36 AM
True...not that I would know what sharing an opinion with anyone is like. :greenie:

*real heavy sigh*

I meant that no one would even bother to speak (typed that too fast... that's what I get for multi-tasking) if we were only allowed to give our opinion on something if it matched someone else's experence 100%.

Dignified Pauper
08-25-2005, 07:43 AM
Well one person atleast.

Fine, I'll elaborate.

Jr. High isn't nearly as bad as anyone makes it out to be. Yes, it is MORE cliquey than highschool and it's that stage where kids are mean to eachother, but guess what, everyone goes through it care-free. You act as though Jr. High is so hard. It's not. Highschool demands more work to be done. so that sure isn't. Just because kids are their meanest in Jr. High doesn't make it horrible. Hell, in kindegarten, kids will beat the hell outta eachother.

Regardless. This thread is stupid and doesn't deserve the spam General Chat has to offer.

Sephex
08-25-2005, 07:57 AM
Well one person atleast.

Fine, I'll elaborate.

Jr. High isn't nearly as bad as anyone makes it out to be. Yes, it is MORE cliquey than highschool and it's that stage where kids are mean to eachother, but guess what, everyone goes through it care-free. You act as though Jr. High is so hard. It's not. Highschool demands more work to be done. so that sure isn't. Just because kids are their meanest in Jr. High doesn't make it horrible. Hell, in kindegarten, kids will beat the hell outta eachother.

Regardless. This thread is stupid and doesn't deserve the spam General
Chat has to offer.

True, looking back, it wasn't as bad as I thought it was. However, at the time, Jr. High seems like you are going through hell for some people. Just because we are past that stage, that doesn't mean we should expect 11-14 year olds to mature overnight and feel better about going to a building where they are constantly bullied (or whatever else problem is bothering them).

And I never said or acted like Jr. High itself was hard (especially if you were assuming I meant school work, or something). I just was overexaggerating my point (when I said the delusional bit).

And kids being mean is always horrible. Sure, I don't expect everyone to get along. And yes, I was a jerk on some days too. However, what pissed me off about both Jr. High and High School was that it seemed everyone was going out of their way to make eachother as miserable as possible. I went to both Jr. High and High School in a very good district. And it's like, we have all these opportunities for an excellent education in front of us, and what do students do? Girls treat school like a goddamn fashion show and boys have to pick fights with anyone who is slightly different than them.

And this should be in EoEo, yes.

P.S. "Why don't you post more often Sephex?"

Answer: Because if you dare to have a differing opinion on the internet, it really upsets people. Hiding behind a computer screen sure gives people some balls (and no, that wasn't directed at anyone, forget about what witty insult you were going to hurl at me).

Dignified Pauper
08-25-2005, 04:47 PM
*inserts witty insult*

Actually, I'm this big of a jerk in real life, it's just masked well with sarcasm and humor.

Regardless, I think JR. High is when kids are their meanest. High School isn't nearly as bad. However, I don't think it's a bad thing. I think it's natural, though I believe kids have gotten worse as time progresses forward, but I don't see it as a problem. Kids can't grow up thinking everyone is nice and happy with eachother. They need to have some sort of tough shell (not that they should be closed off from one another), but in the adult world, people will be rhuthless and you won't even know it. You'll end up being betrayed by co-workers and sometimes friends. So, it's better these kids learn early.

fire_of_avalon
08-25-2005, 07:06 PM
Hey everyone, this is foa. Remember me? Anyhow, stop being jerks. Like now.

Just be there for your friend if you can, and make her try to talk to her mom. If that doesn't work, find another adult who will talk to her mother for her.

Middle School/Jr High can be the worst experience of some people's lives, so stop belittling it.

Flamethrower
08-25-2005, 08:03 PM
What is wrong with you people? You're acting like having a tough time starting school is pathetic. It's actually quite normal. I'm sure you arn't helping her any by calling her problems stupid or "emo". Nice to see that the respect rule is invalid here in General Chat.

Anyway, I hope things work out for you or your friend, Yuna.

DMKA
08-25-2005, 09:17 PM
Hey everyone, this is foa. Remember me? Anyhow, stop being jerks. Like now.
Why? It's a rediculous laughable topic posted in general chat...do what Leeza does and move it to EoEO so you can start banning people for it.

Dignified Pauper
08-25-2005, 09:30 PM
What is wrong with you people? You're acting like having a tough time starting school is pathetic. It's actually quite normal. I'm sure you arn't helping her any by calling her problems stupid or "emo". Nice to see that the respect rule is invalid here in General Chat.

Anyway, I hope things work out for you or your friend, Yuna.

Since when did General Chat have rules?

Miriel
08-25-2005, 09:40 PM
That's right, but I have never heard anyone be enthusiastic about Jr. High. Sure, I heard people say that it didn't bother them too much, but I have never heard anyone say that they truly loved it.
I adored Middle School. Some of the best years of my life. I'm not kidding either. Some of the most memorable events in my life took place during those three years.

I honestly can't relate when people say that Middle School was a horrible and torturous time. Everything was so much more fun and innocent back then. Maybe I just got lucky.

Yuna, if your friend really is having that hard a time with the school work, then she should consider getting a tutor. As for friends, someone already mentioned in this thread, but the best way to meet people is to join a sport or a club.

Yuna Braska 19
08-26-2005, 03:53 AM
Yeah my friend does want that but she goes to a Charader School- Meaning that it's for JR Studens that get A's and B's only.
And her teacher said next week they are planing to give more Homework and my friend was really upstead.
She wantes to talk to her Mom but she is with her Boyfriend alot now.
When I go to her house he mom is nice like her but once I go there again she might be out long.

I really feel sorry for my friend, She feels like people think that she is aloner and all the stuff.

JR High was like a mad house, I lost my friends and I felt like lose my new friends in 8th Grade but I am planing to do Homeschooling.

Sephex
08-26-2005, 05:04 AM
...It's a rediculous laughable topic posted in general chat...

And how do you know how everyone else experienced Jr High?...

You don't.

Yuna Braska 19
08-26-2005, 05:38 AM
...It's a rediculous laughable topic posted in general chat...

And how do you know how everyone else experienced Jr High?...

You don't.

This is my friend not me, and beside when I was in JR It was like I was going to go crazy!
@.@

Dignified Pauper
08-27-2005, 04:29 AM
This is my friend not me, and beside when I was in JR It was like I was going to go crazy!
@.@

there is medication for that.

nik0tine
08-27-2005, 05:24 PM
Maybe they are all in Junior High.

silverpigeon97
08-27-2005, 05:36 PM
Get her to wear a miniskirt and a tight top, and to go on the pull.

nik0tine
08-27-2005, 05:39 PM
Get her to wear a miniskirt and a tight top, and to go on the pull.
Only if she's skinny. Otherwise it'll just make life worse.