PDA

View Full Version : Can't sleep, won't sleep.

Social Moon Firesky
08-24-2005, 04:12 AM
I've been on the PC for about two and a half hours now, and it's 4:10 am. My parents are asleep, and if they knew I was on here they'd kill me. Anyways, does anybody else do this on a regular basis? If so, why? I have a feeling this is going to become a habit...

Flamethrower
08-24-2005, 04:14 AM
Can't say that I do. I am one of those people that absolutly cannot function without a proper amount of sleep.

Kirobaito
08-24-2005, 04:17 AM
I tend to do that a lot in the summertime. Most of the time during the schoolyear, I make myself go to bed about 11:30 or so, but the summertime is anyone's guess. Generally about 2 AM or when my mom catches me and yells at me.

Shlup
08-24-2005, 04:20 AM
I usually stay up until around sunrise, sometimes even if I have to get up. I suck like that. Last night I actually fell asleep before 1am so I could get up in time for my 8am class though. Good for me.

Shoeberto
08-24-2005, 04:21 AM
Yeah, I've got a bad problem where I'm exhausted, and I'm bored as hell, but I can't get myself to want to go to bed. I don't really get it.

Meat Puppet
08-24-2005, 04:21 AM
The Hsu never sleeps!

Hawkeye
08-24-2005, 04:24 AM
I go to bed when I'm exhasuted, and I wake up every day at the same time

I can go to parties, wont get back till 4, and still wake up at 6

Yamaneko
08-24-2005, 04:25 AM
I sleep when I want!

rubah
08-24-2005, 04:27 AM
I would make myself go crazy if I stayed up past midnight every school night. As it is, this is late for me to go to bed, and it's only 10:20.

Summer is a vastly different matter.

SammieBabe
08-24-2005, 04:32 AM
I used to be like that ... but not anymore.. I need like 10 hours of sleep..

*If I double posted, It was a complete accident. My computer wigged out as I was posting*

strawberryman
08-24-2005, 05:10 AM
I never need alot of sleep, so I tend to do that alot. :laughing:

Polyonymous
08-24-2005, 05:31 AM
When my mom doesn't ask for me to bring her laptop into her room, I normally stay up late. Most of the time when that happens, I will stay awake until around 4 AM because thats about that time that my mom wakes up to take my bf to work. I figure it's a lot easier to just go to sleep at that time than to wait for her to get home and fall asleep before I get back on the comp.

Madame Adequate
08-24-2005, 05:47 AM
It's 5:45 right now, and that's a fairly typical bedtime for me. Tonight I actually meant to go to bed an hour or so ago, but I ended up reading a pile of stuff about the encephalon and various odd maladies it can suffer from, so here I am now.

I don't like functioning without enough sleep, but I tend to prefer that to wasting time (As it seems to be.) sleeping. I know there's good biological reasoning for it, I'm just rather stubborn and think that sentience > biology.

nik0tine
08-24-2005, 07:17 AM
I usually stay up until around sunrise, sometimes even if I have to get up. I suck like that. Last night I actually fell asleep before 1am so I could get up in time for my 8am class though. Good for me.

Leeza
08-24-2005, 07:25 AM
I agree with MILF in that I think that sleep is more or less a waste of time, but I can't really function very well at work without it so I do try to be in bed by 12 on a worknight.

BackRoomKid
08-24-2005, 07:39 AM
insomnia sux i know

occupy yourself...the only advice i can give

draw, read, exorcise, clean, anything really to make you tired at the end of the day

Sephex
08-24-2005, 07:41 AM
I tend to stay up too late sometimes, but it's not because of the internet. It's because some nights I just have trouble sleeping!

Dking'squeen
08-24-2005, 07:41 AM
Only when I'm working and can't stop out of fear of loosing whatever thoughts are streaming into my head at 110mph...If I'm not doing work, I'm working on burning CDs and music or makign sigs. Other than that, I have a life off of the computer. I know it's hard to believe...

Sepho
08-24-2005, 07:53 AM
If the internet didn't exist, I'd find something else to do that wasn't sleep. A couple nights last week I played Fable until sunrise.

Sleep just feels like a waste of the day, and even during school I'd usually get about 5 or 6 hours of sleep a night, and I'd be fine.

Shlup
08-24-2005, 07:57 AM
I should've gone to be two hours ago but my download finished today and I can't stop watching it. >_<

Mindflare
08-24-2005, 08:07 AM
I have no sleeping patterns at all. One day, I won't sleep at all, go to school, return, sleep 14 hours, wake up, school again, then get a normal night of sleep. It's a mess. I can never fall asleep unless I'm exhausted.

boris no no
08-24-2005, 10:11 AM
my sleep patterns are pretty crazy. seen as its still the summer hols for me i'm staying up until 2ish and waking up at 11ish
buuuuuuuut sometimes i get tired and go to bed earlier blah blah blah
i just sleep when i need it really
the other night i go almost 12 hours sleep O__o

Zanius
08-24-2005, 10:36 AM
Sleeping can be a waste of time or not... it depends of the person and the occasions as well. Some need to sleep to recharge their batteries and others don't need to sleep because they can do things normally without sleeping.

I think that most of us, when we are not on vacations, we do that kind of routine, like:

- Go to sleep at 10 or 11 p.m. (depending of the cases)

- Wake up at 6 or 7 a.m. (depending of the cases)

- Go to the work or school, doing almost the same things everyday.

When it comes the vacation season, we have a tendency to break the routine and also start to do things that we don't usually do on the work or school time. It also can sound a little weird at first, because our body is used to walk the old routine. Like go to sleep on 10 or 11 a.m. without felling tired... (it’s just an example, there are others cases as well...)

It’s totally normal that Firesky, doesn’t fell any tired at all. He will go to sleep if his body say so… in that time he should enjoy the moment and have fun! :D

Seymour_Guado_Goth
08-24-2005, 10:55 AM
I do it all the time. But oh my god my dad wupped my ass when he found out last night

ShunNakamura
08-24-2005, 11:03 AM
Guh.. I can have serious problems falling asleep at night. Ain't bad if I am asleep before 11pm-midnight.. but if I am up past that mark.. well I aint' falling asleep.. lets just leave it with... I can lay in bed for four hours straight and not fall asleep.

*ETERNAL FANTASY*
08-24-2005, 11:40 AM
Can't say that I do. I am one of those people that absolutly cannot function without a proper amount of sleep.

Ditto need the standard 7-8 hours sleep before i can function to do anything, any less i get grumpy and anymore i end up being extremly lazy or feel too tired!

Captain Maxx Power
08-24-2005, 11:49 AM
I do, mainly because I have this awful habit of spending all day bored, then finally finding something useful to do around midnight. That and the fact that I hate sleeping anyway.

Dr.K
08-24-2005, 12:00 PM
Yeah, I've got a bad problem where I'm exhausted, and I'm bored as hell, but I can't get myself to want to go to bed. I don't really get it.I like sleep, but the same happens to me. I think it's the getting to sleep I don't like.

Kamiko
08-24-2005, 03:10 PM
Haha. It just get worse as skool progresses. lol

Resha
08-24-2005, 03:14 PM
Yup. I've been sleeping at like 5 am more often than not every ..night? ...this summer. Not on school nights, though.

I'm nocturnal! I SWEAR IT!

Shoden
08-24-2005, 03:52 PM
I stay on till 3AM latest

Dignified Pauper
08-24-2005, 04:39 PM
When you're on the Internet, you don't need sleep. It's the amazing All-purpose invention.

KoShiatar
08-24-2005, 08:42 PM
Yes, I do. Not until 4 in the morning but some nights until 3...and I wake up at half past 8 the next day and exaggerate on coffe...
I cannot tell if I exaggerate on PC because I cannot sleep or if I cannot sleep because I exaggerate on PC...

Apollo
08-25-2005, 03:07 AM
Yeah, I do it like every night during the summer. It's because I have a hard time sleeping, and a lot of times, I don't want to sleep. I usually end up staying online all night till about 5 in the morning. I don't do this during the school year though. I usually only stay up around 2am at the latest during that time. :)

disapointedchild
08-25-2005, 03:11 AM
Excersise, that usually puts me to sleep, in the event that I cant.

Jojee
08-25-2005, 06:54 AM
I don't... sleep... e_e

Social Moon Firesky
09-01-2005, 04:49 AM
I can't sleep properly at the mo, but I'm at the point where I just don't feel tired anymore. Once you hit the fourth day of really late nights, you lose all sense of time and stuff. Well, that's how it is for me, but I'm one fo those lucky people who can survive on the minimalist of sleeping times, and can make up for lost time at weekends. Most days off, I don't sleep till the early hours of the morning, and I don't submerge until early afternoon. I start Sixth Form next Monday, and that means half-days! Teh yayness! Even more time off to catch up on sleep! :)