PDA

View Full Version : Mantra help!

puny-luv
08-24-2005, 04:38 AM
Alright, so I've been trying to do Sabin's mantra for a while... but for it just isn't working. Now... correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't it:
R1, L1, R1, L1, triangle, square?

-N-
08-24-2005, 06:17 AM
Have you learned it yet? :p

puny-luv
08-24-2005, 06:24 AM
Ah ha... why yes I have. :p I've been trying to use it ever since Sabin learned it!

Sasquatch
08-24-2005, 04:46 PM
That should work. Dunno why it wouldn't, if you do it right.

Just wait until you get the Spiraler. So much better. [/sarcasm]

eestlinc
08-24-2005, 05:03 PM
I never use Sabin because I hate doing the blitz combos. My SNES controller got messed up from doing Bums Rush too much and then I couldn't do any litzes anymore, except pummel and suplex.

Darkmage
08-24-2005, 07:41 PM
i know why it doesnt work. i think... in the SNES version you had to make sure that you didnt hold r and l at the same time. i dunno if that helps or not but...

KoShiatar
08-24-2005, 09:30 PM
Is your controller OK? I used to do Blitzes wrong because of this stupid stupid stupid stupid Microsoft controller that also makes me make mistakes in FF IX when there's the Zidane vs. Blank theater fight scene.

Peter_20
08-24-2005, 09:56 PM
I never use Sabin because I hate doing the blitz combos. My SNES controller got messed up from doing Bums Rush too much and then I couldn't do any litzes anymore, except pummel and suplex.

I guess you´re having problems with the diagonal button combos.
Actually, there´s a way to get around that. Look at the Blitzes here:
http://www.eyesonff.com/ff6/skills.shtml

puny-luv
08-26-2005, 08:41 AM
My controller seems fine... it's pretty new, so I don't think that might be it. Well... maybe, I don't know. It's worked fine in the past. Also, I'm playing the Playstation version... if that's any help.
Also... I've been hearing that there's alternitive ways to do blitzes... could someone please post the one for mantra, if they know it?

Sapher
08-31-2005, 01:45 PM

I don't really know if its possible to believe me but...i have played FF 6 in all three formats: SNES,PS (i have it still) and Emulator (with keyboard).The only time i never miss my Bum Rush is at the emulator...granted i didn't have great button mashing techniques at the age of 12 (first time i played the game) but now i can only do Bum Rush with a keyboard...maybe its the right hand and such but it does strike as odd don't you think?