PDA

View Full Version : Ozma....grrrr

HeartlessCloud
08-24-2005, 08:19 AM
I need help fighting Ozma....

When I first faught him I was on level 69-72 and with 2 pumince peices but I couldn't kill him

then I fuaght him at level 78-89.....still couldn't beat him

then I beat the game and made a pumince..I went back and tried ot fight him......still couldn't beat him.....

Necron is easier than him

boys from the dwarf
08-24-2005, 08:45 AM
like with all bosses on the game there low health dooms them from the start.take most of his hp of before he can deal serious damage and find ways to counter his attacks.devote one character to only healing and use the most poerful attacks and hell be dead before he gets a chance to seriously damage you.

FallenSilence
08-24-2005, 09:57 AM
The optional boss is always harder than the final boss.

Most of this just comes down to luck. Guard againat status effects and try to have Shadow protection on every character. Use one for nothing but healing, and have everyone else use their strongest attacks (Shock, No Mercy, etc. If Zidane Trances, use Grand Lethal constantly.) Have abilities such as Auto-Haste, Auto-Regen and Auto-Life on as many characters as possible.

Of course, there is always the chance he'll cast Meteor first turn and kill everyone before you can do anything.

It took me several tries to beat him, even at Level 99.

Masamune·1600
08-24-2005, 01:45 PM
It merits mentioning that if you've completed the Friendly Monsters sidequest, Ozma will no longer absorb Shadow damage, and will thus be injured, not healed, when it casts Doomsday. Completing the quest will also allow for normal physical attacks to be brought into play, if that helps.

As far as pre-battle set-up goes, protection against as many detrimental status effects as possible is ideal, as is protection against Holy and Shadow.

Level attacks can be guarded against by virtue of simply having levels that aren't multiples of its spells; other magic (like Flare or Holy) hits one character at a time. Flare Star deals damage directly based on level, so, as regards that spell, level is irrelevant. The damage dealt by Meteor is random; it can easily hit for 9999, but also deal utterly negligible damage. Curse is the biggest problem; ideally, Ozma should be defeated before it has a chance to use this ability.

It's a good idea to get attacks like Thievery, Dragon Crest, and Frog Drop (given that your levels are so high as regards the latter) up to 9999 automatic damage before beginning the battle. Other than that, I don't have much to suggest at the moment.

FluroChoco
08-24-2005, 02:29 PM
Was pretty easy for me, did it on level 55 just after completing chocographs at start of disk 4 (i.e, no leveling up, had not entered remoria yet).

Importantly had completed friendly creatures sidequest.

Used Steiner, Vivi, Garnet and Zidane. Most important ability is clear headedness and then use remedies after curse. Alos, all characters had auto-regen. All characters equpped with shadow absorb (2 pumice, some type of vest for zidane and armour for steiner (uhh cantg remember what called, press select when choosing armour and it will tell you when gives absorb shadow)). Equpped Vivi with return magic. 2 reasons - when he casts level 3 holy vivi's recast does no damage but gives time for auto-regen to heal. Alos when he casts doomsday heals my entire part and does 5000 to himself. Then vivi's recast does 9999 to Ozma. as only has ~60000 health this is 1/4, and i had nothing to do with it.

Steiner shocked unless mini which meant remedy.

Zidane stole a few thing (has dark matter/cloak of lords/elixr/pumice piece) and then used remedies/phoenixes. unless dyne. Only had to use scoop art to get 9999 dmg so didnt waste mana on others. Attacked if nothing better to do.

Vivi cast flare, or used remedies and phoenixes.

Garnet kinda stood there, or attacked with tger racket. Used remedies, cast life.

Auto regen meant never really had to heal. only died occasionaly from meteor, took 4-5 tries to have good luch with meteor. A few chs had auto life to save first meteor cast.

All in all an unrewarding battle, easily one. Extreme dissapointment as this was hardest battle in game, took very little prep, only a few tries, no dramatic or poetic backstory like weapons in FFVII, and had correspondingly weak rewards.

Oh yeah, all auto-haste. I invested in giving everyone this ability as soon as i got feather boots (somewhere in disk 3). And low levels helped not get wooted by flatre stare

Ended up killing himself with doomsday ;)

Good luck