PDA

View Full Version : What makes you like FF6?

Peter_20
08-24-2005, 10:34 AM
I always thought this one was the most entertaining in the whole series, even superior to FF7 and FF9 in gameplay.
Too me, most of the gameplay comes from item collection and stuff; I always get kicks from collecting all the Espers, fighting in the Colloseum for nice prices, equipping characters to Optimum and try out different Relic Combos.
I donīt really care to much about the story anymore; sure, itīs amazingly told and whatnot, and the atmosphere rules, but too me, the fun mainly lies in clearing Rages, collecting magics and so on; Iīve already heard the story multiple times and know it by heart.
Itīs really nice hunting for rare items, and then the feeling of equipping all chars to their best thanks to all the hunting (Tiger Fangs x 2 for Sabin is a good example; you can steal another one in Kefkaīs Tower).
I never really liked ignoring anything, I always aim for a perfect game, and that just feel great overall.

ThroneofDravaris
08-24-2005, 10:39 AM
This game is probably one of the best for side quests (hell, the second half of the game FEELS like one massive side quest…) although what I really like about this game is the massive cast of playable character that each have their unique battle commands. I mean, you get to use a Moogle!

Peter_20
08-24-2005, 10:50 AM
Yeah, the playable Mog was really cool.
Moogles forever! :love:

But itīs hard for me to explain this thing, sidequests in this game just have a certain kind of "gorgeous" feeling;
it feels so nice moving around the characters in towns etc.

HINT:
When you save Celes in Lockeīs scenario, youīll pass some corridors with RegalCutLass and this stuff right before the exit, right?
There are somewhat secret stairs leading down to a small room with an X-Potion and an Ether, right?
If you go straight down from the chest with the X-Potion, youīll find another chest containing a Ribbon.
Thatīs VERY early, IMO.

ThroneofDravaris
08-24-2005, 10:53 AM
Ribbon is overrated in the earlier games...

The only time I remember using it was when I equipped the Cursed Shield.

Too bad I gave it to Gogo…all those hours wasted…

Peter_20
08-24-2005, 10:58 AM
Ribbon is overrated in the earlier games...

The only time I remember using it was when I equipped the Cursed Shield.

Too bad I gave it to Gogo…all those hours wasted…

Well, itīs considered one of the greatest items, and I just found it funny it was found that early.
Kinda like getting the Atma Weapon in the Sealed Cave, lol! :D

...Wait a moment...!

Somethingīs wrong here...

Damn it.

Itīs kinda like getting the Marvel Shoes in the Sabil Mountains. :D

crashNUMBERS
08-24-2005, 04:20 PM
The Music
The Gameplay
No Main Character
The Story
The value of replay to see what teams you can create for the final boss
The characters
The amount of characters
And pretty much everything..

This game comes into a close one to Final Fantasy IV...

Skarr
08-24-2005, 04:23 PM
its the only one that has a collection of characters that are so memorable and a deep story...and that nostalgia thing....

Flying Mullet
08-24-2005, 04:27 PM
It has a huge replay valu efor me as to who you use when you play. That and all of the "side-quests" in the second half of the game make it a lot of fun for me. :)

Sasquatch
08-24-2005, 05:16 PM
It's one of those games that you can play ten times, and play ten different ways, and still have much left to do. You never get tired of it. Each of the fourteen characters is special in that they have their own abilities, not like FFVII. Each character was also original (again, not like FFVII) and had their own history, development, and reasons to join your quest. The magic system was great, but they incorporated magic in without fixing it to experience and levels.

Peter_20
08-24-2005, 07:08 PM
I just LOVE collecting stuff! :love:
Right now Iīm about to enter this Cave of the Sealed Gate, but first Iīm gonna learn all possible magics to all characters by fighting Intangirs (10 AP, yeah!).
That way, I can concentrate on Stat upgrading later. :D

Flying Mullet
08-24-2005, 07:33 PM
I always loved the fact that leveling up, learning magic, etc... doesn't feel like a chore. In so many games it feels like a chore to power up but in this game I love taking a half hour detour anywhere in the game just to go fight wherever and level up. Maybe it's the fact that FFVI has the best battle music of any FF. :love:

Sasquatch
08-24-2005, 09:15 PM
I just LOVE collecting stuff! :love:
Right now Iīm about to enter this Cave of the Sealed Gate, but first Iīm gonna learn all possible magics to all characters by fighting Intangirs (10 AP, yeah!).
That way, I can concentrate on Stat upgrading later. :D

True, but then you've also got to be careful about being wasteful. you won't get any new espers for a little while, what will you learn until then?

Sepho
08-24-2005, 09:33 PM
There's something about 2D that gives off a sort of atmosphere, and FF6 feels as epic to me as any of the series' later installments. The combination of story and music lends to this, and the esper system offers gameplay depth to keep you playing and actually having fun. The characters more than ever before had distinct strengths and weaknesses, battle-wise, in addition to notable personalities (i.e. they're actually developed characters).

The main quest is plenty long, but there's a good number of optional things to do aside from that. Probably one of my favorite aspects of the game, though, is the setting. It's a small bit medievil, but mostly modern/sci-fi, with sort of an industrial revolution thing going on and the Empire developing as a monopoly to gain its power. The post-apocalyptic World of Ruin environment was a fun experience too.

Peter_20
08-24-2005, 09:48 PM
True, but then you've also got to be careful about being wasteful. you won't get any new espers for a little while, what will you learn until then?

Nothing.
Learning all magics as fast as possible means I can freely boost Stats without worrying about not learning the proper magics. I could equip Bismark to boost Strength, without having to worry about "Ah, I still have to learn Doom from Shoat. Damn it."
And so on.

s[H]sIkuA
08-25-2005, 12:23 AM
Side Quest mode (WOR = sidequest :D)
Massive Character
Story
Villain (who doesnt love/hate/remember Kefka :p )
Gameplay
Moogles
Unique Skill of every character
Deep ,Interesting
Replayable
Too Many to list here..

boys from the dwarf
08-25-2005, 10:00 AM
the second worlds a whole big sidequest(apart from some of it.)and i just realy like the first world because its one of the most actions packed part in any FF and also there are about 50 different ending dependin in what characters you have in your party and which one survived the final battle(has anyone seen then all?).

Lenna
08-25-2005, 11:13 AM
Whilst playing this game I've always loved the way the story is put together, it's a heart warming yet depressing storyline which shows love, betrayal and destruction throughout the game. Not necessarily "love" but love can be defined as friendship's love, or just love.

The music is beautiful, the opera is absolutely spectacular, the enemies, such as Ultros and Kefka have their funny side aswell as their evil side. Not only are they bad guys, they are also humorous. Whether that was intended or not, it still made quite an impact on how I enjoyed the game.

The battle system was rather unique and I found it challenging aswell as easy to control. You never want things too easy in a game ;)

The characters storylines are brilliant and emotional, it certainly got to me. (but I'm a girl I do blubber at the sad storylines etc :P)

All on all I loved everything about it.

Midnight Garnet
08-25-2005, 03:08 PM
i love the story...i love the characters..(especially the moogles...using moogles to fight!! wooo!!) i love the music too... :p

boys from the dwarf
08-25-2005, 07:43 PM
i also like the mystery behing characters like gogo and who he could be(although it reckon hes designed to give you ideas but none of them are correct because hes no one but himself.)the character cast in FF6 is one of the best.and the first world storyline is one of the best.world 2 was good but not as fun i suppose.i always got bored with it.FF6 is definetly 1st or 2nd best out of all of the older 2D FFs.

Armisael
08-25-2005, 08:25 PM
The whole game! It's just so good! ^_^

Slade
08-26-2005, 07:31 AM
Terra! She was great. The whole game is great. :D

blackmage_nuke
08-28-2005, 06:24 AM
story
characters
the bugs that make the game easy (vanish/doom etc)
super combo relics (offering+fixed dice+genji glove) u dont get many super combo's in the newer games...
opera
music
kefka laugh

cookieface
08-28-2005, 07:25 AM
Since this thread is here, this is my inevitable response. here goes, and oh yea, I don't think anyone should not know better, but there stuff that some might consider spoilers, but who cares right. Besides, I wouldn't consider them that.

Anyways, I like FFVI for many reasons. Most people have already named most of the big reasons. The music is awesome for one. From start to finish, there is not a single slacking track. Next reason is the fact that it's original, stubby sprite final fantasy. Old school FF, so even if the lush visuals help it, you must use your imagination, there is no detail in animations. And the way that all comes together with the music at all times is a work of art. It's a subtle thing that only a fan would know.

Then there is the artwork. The look of this game is very original looking, relatively speaking. The hand drawn scenes are hypnotic in a strange way. And hardly an inch in the whole of the visuals in the game don't come together effortlessly. The vision and direction of the artists and creators comes accross clearly and comes together as one object. And there is little borrowed in this from anything other than classical themes, unlike something like FFVII. The best way I could describe this game is that every aspect of this game, both visual and aural, is like an Italian Renaissance painting come to life, and bestowed with, not tacked on with, novel and mysterious attributes.

Then of course there's the fact that this game just keeps you moving from one magnificent feel to the next, at least for the whole of the first world. I know some have claimed that the 2nd half was not as good, but I see it as the calm movement in the symphony before the grand finale. And this game did have a finale. The ending themes are seamlessly woven with the visual story in momentous movements. No sketchy background music while the credits roll here. When it ends, you know it, and get it, if you were paying attention. It all starts out with short, opera-like epilogues of every single character, as if to remind you that every single player in this large and unique cast was an actual character, not just a sprite. And all that including their, by then familiar, themes that come together seamlessly as a single musical score. Then after that of course there's even a bit more theatre. No odd novelties here in the show. But very entertaining, with (even more) momentous, film timed, yet masterful music. You get all that while looking at basically sprites little different than pacman.

If that's not a good game, I don't know what is.

Peter_20
08-28-2005, 11:14 AM
the bugs that make the game easy (vanish/doom etc)Thatīs no bug, thatīs Magic logic.
Magic hits anything thatīs invisible; Vanish = invisibility, Doom = destructive magic.

From start to finish, there is not a single slacking track.Thatīs your opinion, but I donīt fully agree; I never was that fond of the Village Theme, especially not the one in Thamasa :rolleyes2.
However, there certainly are lots of great tunes, the Character Themes in particular; Terra, Locke, Edgar/Sabin, Shadow, Celes, Cyan and so on.
Come to think of it, the Char Themes are my favourites. :love:

Oh, and the Veldt Theme is cool too, although not as great as the earlier mentioned ones. :cool:

No need to double post, use the edit/delete button instead.

~Void

Dreddz
08-28-2005, 12:17 PM
I liked it because it had a more Futuristic feel
The music, battles system
And it was my first FF.

cookieface
08-29-2005, 11:59 PM
Of course it's my opinion, that's all something like this can be

Yoruhoshi
08-30-2005, 12:44 AM
I think I love FF6 because of the storyline, the gameplay, and mostly Kefka, because he's insane. Kefka rocks.

Mo-Nercy
08-30-2005, 04:59 AM
The general story/plot. It was rather moving.

Also, Genji Gloves + Offering = FF6 <3

Music was great too. Celes' Aria is hard to go by.

Tama2
08-30-2005, 05:07 AM
I'll go with Miss Yuro said.

Leene
08-30-2005, 09:39 AM
:save:story
characters
music
are great i love this game.:save:

The legendary Shadow
08-30-2005, 10:07 PM
Shadow makes me like FFVI

TurkSlayer
08-30-2005, 10:17 PM
Cool, interesting characters
Graphics (I love games with sprites, I don't know why.)
Great storyline
Secret Characters (Secret characters are awesome)
A playable moogle
So many side quest, especially when you get to WoR
Funny villian
One of my favorite characters of all time, Shadow
And one of my other favorite characters, Biggs!

The legendary Shadow
08-30-2005, 10:31 PM
And one of my favorite characters of all time, Shadow

You`re my man!!

ScottNUMBERS
09-02-2005, 11:23 AM
The only thing wrong with this game is that its way too short, then again even if they made it longer, no matter how long this game is, it would always be too short. :love: One of the the best things about it would have to be when the world of balance turns into the world of ruin, that was soo facinating and absolutly brilliant. i never would have seen it coming. :love: :love: :love:

09-10-2005, 04:50 PM
I think the music is the best ever
in game or any media.
I love the emotional draw of this game.
Sadly no other game to date has rivaled this.
Also the fact that you can lose your main chara
later on,if you are not careful.
I like the comedy factor that these cute 2d sprites have.
All in all a very charming and perfect game.

09-10-2005, 04:57 PM
...oh forgot the opera scene.
I think it brought tears to my eyes when i first played this.

ThroneofDravaris
09-10-2005, 05:14 PM
...ok

For every person that says that, I die a little more inside...

Sasquatch
09-10-2005, 05:54 PM
I'd have to agree. Crying during the opera scene would be almost as lame as crying when Aeris died.

Skarr
09-10-2005, 09:28 PM
i like ff6 cause of my good friend mog...and the oprea scence was nice...but who the hell cries because of it has major emotional issues

Sepho
09-10-2005, 10:26 PM
Conversely, feeling the need to prove one's masculinity, to members of a message board no less, would probably mean one should worry about one's own "issues."

Skarr
09-11-2005, 07:42 PM
really.......well whatever....u misunderstand my point...i just find it hard to believe that someone cried during that scence...i mean its emotional...but crying...come on

-N-
09-11-2005, 09:47 PM
"What makes you like FF6?"

I'm small, rectangular, and I can fit inside a SNES.

09-12-2005, 04:24 PM
lol
"brought tears to my eyes"
is a common metaphor for emotional deep and/or beautiful
...all in 16-bit :)

x_Hopeless_Deviate_x
09-12-2005, 11:31 PM
I can understand why someone would cry during the opera scene.
It isn't exactly a happy story, it's sad.
And I will admit that I thought the part where Madonna lost Terra to Gestahl was very heart-wrenching, and also when Maduin spoke to Terra.

09-13-2005, 01:03 PM
I can understand why someone would cry during the opera scene.

...must be the italian in me :rolleyes2

This sad/unconventional story would not work without the
music me thinks.

ThroneofDravaris
09-13-2005, 03:53 PM
...crying over video games=electric shock

Sapher
09-13-2005, 08:26 PM
...crying over video games=electric shock

While crying about a movie is perfectly normal, right? :rolleyes2

On the other hand the only game that miiiiight deserve a tear or two would be Breath of Fire 2.

x_Hopeless_Deviate_x
09-13-2005, 10:37 PM
111111, I am half Italian haha.
We are very emotional, us Italians!
:p

ThroneofDravaris
09-14-2005, 12:13 AM

It is certainly more acceptable than crying over 16 bit sprites anyway...

Sapher
09-16-2005, 05:48 AM

It is certainly more acceptable than crying over 16 bit sprites anyway...

Soooo a book should never make you cry because it has nothing visual?
Your reasoning is false; emotions are not triggered by how life-like or not something is but by the ideas and emotions it confers upon you.And incidentally most people cry at Bambi when Bambi's mother is shot and fewer (if any) cry when Forest Gump's mother dies or even Jenny.And Bambi is a cartoon.

To answer the original question: i like FF 6 because it was my first RPG ever,the music is great and the story is deep.

nik0tine
09-16-2005, 06:50 AM
Great story, great characters, great music, and it's just alot of fun.

ThroneofDravaris
09-16-2005, 07:03 AM
Soooo a book should never make you cry because it has nothing visual?
Your reasoning is false; emotions are not triggered by how life-like or not something is but by the ideas and emotions it confers upon you.And incidentally most people cry at Bambi when Bambi's mother is shot and fewer (if any) cry when Forest Gump's mother dies or even Jenny.And Bambi is a cartoon.

You are comparing a scene which was SUPPOSED to be tearful, to a video game scene that was not.

Sure, if you could find a video game that had a death scene as dramatic as say, Metropolis, it might be more understandable. However, there is nothing in the Opera scene (or FF6 in general) that warrants tears.

It was a well orchestrated tune. it was probably the best of it's time for a video game. However, if you cried during this scene, you're probably seeing something that isn't really there...

~*~Celes~*~
10-10-2005, 11:00 PM
Okay, I'll just sum this up for everyone. FFVI is THE game of all games, period, hands down. Everyone loves it, if you don't like it, you're crazy and you need to be shot. LOL J/K ^^ Everything about the game rocks, including the intensity you feel when the characters are mad/sad/happy. I even crack up laughing in certain parts 'cause of Edgar and Kefka ^^ they're funny guys ^^

~*~Celes~*~

TurkSlayer
10-10-2005, 11:03 PM
[QUOTE=ThroneofDravaris]

On the other hand the only game that miiiiight deserve a tear or two would be Breath of Fire 2.

Why? Just get the perfect ending and there isn't anything to cry about.

Destai
10-10-2005, 11:53 PM
It's one of those games that you can play ten times, and play ten different ways, and still have much left to do. You never get tired of it. Each of the fourteen characters is special in that they have their own abilities, not like FFVII. Each character was also original (again, not like FFVII) and had their own history, development, and reasons to join your quest. The magic system was great, but they incorporated magic in without fixing it to experience and levels.
Isnt being a VI fanboy because you hate VII fanboy kinda defeating the purpose?

(it is by the way, just in case you didnt realise)

ThroneofDravaris
10-11-2005, 12:29 AM
[QUOTE=ThroneofDravaris]

Why? Just get the perfect ending and there isn't anything to cry about.

...I didn't say that. I haven't played Breath of Fire 2....

I think that was Sapher...

Sasquatch
10-11-2005, 12:40 AM

But I'm not a "fanboy". I'm not one of the ones who talks about how "dramatic" the opera scene, or Celes' attempted suicide, or Rachel, or anything is. I'm not one of the people who talks about how it was emotional enough to make me cry. It's a video game. It's a great video game, much better than the next in its lineage, but still a video game.

Destai
10-11-2005, 12:44 AM

But I'm not a "fanboy". I'm not one of the ones who talks about how "dramatic" the opera scene, or Celes' attempted suicide, or Rachel, or anything is. I'm not one of the people who talks about how it was emotional enough to make me cry. It's a video game. It's a great video game, much better than the next in its lineage, but still a video game.Well what I meant to say was, yeah we get you dont like VII. Plenty of people feel the way about VII you do about VI but the several times you compared VI to VII for no real reason gave of the impression you were one of those people praising VI out of spite. Either way I dont see why you compared it to VII automatically in more than a few posts I read while browsing.

garbagehat
10-19-2005, 04:58 AM
wazzou

Neco Arc
10-19-2005, 05:22 AM
music, gameplay, charcters, story...etc...'nuff said

boys from the dwarf
10-19-2005, 08:22 AM
You`re my man!!
that is the wrongest thing ive ever heard. im gonna pretend you didnt say that.

FF6 has always just been amazing and exiting challenging.its hard to say why i like it its just so good.

charchar
11-02-2005, 08:26 PM
the writing for me, is the main thing. when cyan watches his wife and son leave on the phantom train and you're left as sabin, and you talk to shadow, *the heartless guy* and he tells you "leave 'em alone"... it's the subtleties like that that make this game brilliant.

also because kefka is way cooler than sephiroth and i love the underdog.

the third reason is dancing mad.

Ishin Ookami
11-04-2005, 06:42 AM
As a musician, I love FFVI's soundtrack. I mean even in midi format the game wipes the floor with most of today's best soundtracks. And dont get me started about the opera theme.

Then there's the story, which is brilliant, wonderful, and very gripping. More twists then a bag of pretzels staring into a funhouse mirror. The characters were all likeable, with each getting as much legit drama as well as moments of comic relief. And as bad as kefka is, What with the whole armegeddon and esper genocide thing, I still think Emperor Geshtal is FF's top villain. Just the thought of him slitting the throat of Terra's mom just to be sure terra would grow up without knowing warmth or love, so that she would remain his ultimate living weapon, thats just so bloody twisted.

From start to finish, I found FFVI to be wonderful, I think Dragon Quest VI and Tales of Phantasia are better overall games, and phantasy star IV has better presentation values, but FFVI just has a brilliant and wonderful story that I love to pieces.

Peter_20
11-16-2005, 03:18 PM
dont get me started about the opera theme.I loved every single Opera theme in the whole Opera House, but my personal favourite would probably be the one that plays when you go after Ultros and his weight-dropping.
That theme is so goddamn cool, opera at its best. :love:

Crossblades
11-16-2005, 03:23 PM
What made me like FF VI is the kickass story and awesome characters

dragoonknight_kain
11-19-2005, 05:54 PM
This is my favorite FF. The characters are great, with their abilities and great stories. There tons of sidequests, many items for max damage (i could do over 100,000 damage in one "turn").
But what really makes this a wonderful game are the characters and the great story.

tampaviking
12-05-2005, 11:53 PM
how come the coolest character's you never get to use, general leo would have been so awesome, he could have helped the returners so much, oh well. it was a great story and everybody had their own reasons for fighting. Setzer was the best. Han solo wannabe but still cool

?????
12-06-2005, 01:00 AM
This is as close to an epic as you'll find on SNES. They pushed the limits of the hardware so hard I thought it might actually break. The best part of the game was the music, the battle system, which laid the foundation for every FF that followed, and all the characters that aren't optional. The optional ones pretty much sucked balls with regards to story and development, but the "main" cadre, Terra, Celes, Locke, Cyan, Edgar, Sabin, and Shadow, all kicked incredible amounts of ass. They actually felt like real people in the way they behaved. If they'd just left it at that, the game might have been even better than VII or X, but saddling the cast down with unnecessary extra characters severely diminished its ability to develop the core players. Setzer, Gogo, Umaro, Mog, Strago, Relm, and Gau - fully half the cast of playable characters - were all completely unnecessary.

UWAOOOOU
12-11-2005, 05:50 PM
Its got heart :)

ThroneofDravaris
12-11-2005, 06:54 PM
It must have heart. It has the wonderfully original theme of love and friendship.

UWAOOOOU
12-11-2005, 06:56 PM
Teh bad guys so silly:grover: tee hee

crazymoronx
12-14-2005, 04:12 PM
Final Fantasy VI, best game of all time.

Now that we have the formalities out of the way, to the question at hand. What makes FFVI great to me? Well that's a tough question.

It could be that it's one of the first SNES RPGs I ever played, and that it holds nostalgia value. Or it could be just because I've played it so many times...

I'd like to say because the stroy was so great, but I'll be honest, I don't remember half of the story.

The characters were very well developed, and it had some really nice emotional scenes, opera scene comes to mind. So that attributes to it.

The graphics at the time were top notch, but I'm no graphics whore.

The gameplay was standard RPG. But it got it so right, and added in some nice tidbits never seen before, at least to me. Blitz, slots, sword techs, etc... all pretty nice stuff.

Then you got the Esper system for learning magic and what-not that was fun.

And then there was all the secrets, yeah I loved the secrets. I'm a big fan of secrets, so FFVI catered to that.

It also had one of my favorites, a colloseum. Every RPG needs one of these, IMO.

It didn't hurt to have one of, if not the best soundtracks of all time either.

In short, all those above mentioned elements combined made it the ultimate gaming experience.

Memoria
12-15-2005, 09:17 PM
...okay, you're going to stare at me for this, but I love FFVI's love story. There's not really much to it, except Celes being that knight to the Emperor and Locke being a rebel searching for a way to bring Rachel back... then when he realizes that he's fallen in love... Oy! That's a wonderful story. I can't get enough of it... and the song... Aira de Mezzo Catterre! Ohh! ^_^

Other reasons I love this game are...
1) Kefka.
2) Edgar.
3) Kefka.
4) Edgar.
...and so on and so forth.

SiberianKiss
12-19-2005, 12:28 AM
When I think of FFVI, the one thing that comes to mind first and foremost is the music. This game has a wonderfully executed and brilliant soundtrack, capable of setting the mood for every single scene perfectly. I believe that FFVI would have been considerably less enjoyable if not for the soundtrack Nobuo Uematsu had created, which I believe to be his best. But that's just one reason to love FFVI. It has a wonderful cast of characters, an abundance of mood (which is ridiculously impressive considering it's an SNES title), and a genuinely insane villain. One thing about Kefka I always found horrific was that he slaughters innocent people without ONE SECOND of hesitation.

Memoria
12-19-2005, 07:18 PM
When I think of FFVI, the one thing that comes to mind first and foremost is the music. This game has a wonderfully executed and brilliant soundtrack, capable of setting the mood for every single scene perfectly. I believe that FFVI would have been considerably less enjoyable if not for the soundtrack Nobuo Uematsu had created, which I believe to be his best. But that's just one reason to love FFVI. It has a wonderful cast of characters, an abundance of mood (which is ridiculously impressive considering it's an SNES title), and a genuinely insane villain. One thing about Kefka I always found horrific was that he slaughters innocent people without ONE SECOND of hesitation.

When Kefka and Edgar talk: "There are more girls out here than grains of sand, I can't keep track of them all." :D I must be one of them! :rolleyes2

The music of FFVI is probably the best soundtrack that he's ever composed. I find so much originality in the music! It's the best game soundtrack I've found...

Perducci
12-19-2005, 09:14 PM
General Leo.

Marluxiaswife
12-29-2005, 09:12 PM
I really like the story line, and How they made
And a sweet and sad Ending

KoShiatar
12-29-2005, 09:47 PM
2-D awesomeness.
Amano designs=love.
Music. I think it has the best FF soundtrack so far.
Mood.
Characters.
Awesome story.
Gameplay.
Pretty much everything...

Neco Arc
12-30-2005, 10:32 AM
FFVI is FUN.

Christmas
12-30-2005, 10:37 AM
The story.

Setzer Gabianni
12-30-2005, 02:28 PM
The characters were good, although quite a few were weak and uncessary. The story I loved, I salute Edgar and Setzer, some fine male characters.

Kefka was atrocious, I don't see the big hype about him. You don't have to be highly destructive and kill hundreds of people to be a villain.

Villains come from many situations. He was shown as being too much of a villain, over glorified.

Being able to fight without using summons was good - I loved learning the skills, especially cure - saved me having to buy items and stuff.

Certainly matches FFVII in quality.

Hellion
12-30-2005, 03:36 PM
I can't believe you people and I'm a newbie to this forum.

FFVI is FUN
is spam if I ever saw it.

FF6 is one of the greatest games ever made for a few important reasons.

1. This game didn't use cliches, they made them
2. There weren't many maddeningly frustrating puzzles
3. The storyline was brilliant.
4. (stupid reason) Kefka was a clown
5. Almost every story had a part where you had to use them.
6. It wasn't too short, but at the same time it wasn't too long
7. The idea of being able to try to enter kefka's tower at any point once you got the Falcon meant you didn't have to wait for the final fight.
8. The esper system was easy to use and great to play with.
9. it had that great final fantasy flavour
10. It brought to life my favourite race, teh effing moogles!

Crossblades
12-30-2005, 03:53 PM
10. It brought to life my favourite race, teh effing moogles!

Actually, FF III(the REAL one that was released for the NES)introduced the moogles. But I agree with your other reasons though:D

a nirvana fan
01-05-2006, 07:33 PM
I like the storyline A LOT, maybe better than FF7's(I said maybe!), I DONT like how many characters there is, took me forever to train them all up.

Treize
01-05-2006, 11:56 PM
Final fantasy 6 was the best because you could get many cool and useful characters (Sabin,Shadow,Gogo) and the story was the best to date. what pther game made the world go into ruin and set lose powerful bosses this game is the best RPG no mater what anyone says.

Avarice-ness
01-06-2006, 07:00 AM
FFVI -is- out of all my love for Final Fantasy, my favorite all time game ever. My reasons are sentimental, due to the fact I got it when it came out on SNES as FFIII, and played it -constantly- before school, after school, on the weekends, any possible time, and to this day, I will play it at anychance possible. xD
The storyline, The Characters, The Music, The whole vast-side quest type things, Kefka, Everything.
I can say one thing for sure, when it comes out on the GBA, I will get it the -day- it comes out.. and then.. I'll play it, for until it bores me. (which means... I'm going to never stop. *won't be bored*)

*Obessed much. xD*
=]

Rogue
01-09-2006, 02:10 AM
good story and the characters shadow and setzer

Sarah Shirato
01-21-2006, 03:50 PM
good story and the characters shadow and setzerWhat he said...Good story and Great charaters!! I can never get bored!! :D :mog: :choc: :love: