PDA

View Full Version : Shenmue II

blackchocobo9999
08-24-2005, 03:18 PM
Anyone else play this or have heard of this game? I actually think it is really good, you talk to people and have to figure things out and you fight loads of people, and the storyline is soooo gripping when you go to taiwoon on it. I have only played the second one on X-Box, but a DVD comes with it, showing you everythings that happenes in Shenmue 1, its like a 2 hour film in X-Box graphics. As anyone else played it coz i think it rocks!!

Dudius
08-24-2005, 04:59 PM
I beat the first Shenmue on dreamcast. I was waiting for the second one, but it only came out in japan for the dreamcast... oh well.

Maxico
08-24-2005, 05:09 PM
I beat the first Shenmue on dreamcast. I was waiting for the second one, but it only came out in japan for the dreamcast... oh well.

It came out in Japan and Europe on DC and everywhere on Xbox (I had to order from amazon to get it).

One of the greatest games ever in my opinion.

Oh and Shenmue 3 (well actualy all three games for a next gen system) just got announced as well.

Erdrick Holmes
08-24-2005, 05:31 PM
I played the Euro version on my Dreamcast.

I can't wait for Shenmue 3. If it comes out on anythong other than the XBox 360 I'll buy it just for that.

blackchocobo9999
08-24-2005, 07:38 PM
I heard that Shenmue 3 was coming out, but i didnt know whever or not to belive it. I read in a interview (i think it was the Chairman for AM2) that there were no previews of Shenmue 3 at this years E3, but there will be at next years, and that it will carry on from the Shenmue 2. I never actually though that they would make another, because wasn't Shenmue 2 a really bad seller, even though it was such a great game?

DJZen
08-24-2005, 07:42 PM
You can actually import the PAL version for DC if you really want to play it on your DC in a language you can understand, you just gotta have the proper setup.

Madame Adequate
08-25-2005, 12:30 AM
Totally awesome (http://games.kikizo.com/news/200508/141_p1.asp).

As you can doubtlessly infer from 'Totally awesome', I <3 the Shenmue.

Shoeberto
08-25-2005, 12:35 AM
I started playing the first one a bit today. Does the game really pick up eventually? Because right now it seems like a lot of clunky controls and not much else.

blackchocobo9999
08-25-2005, 10:32 AM
I started playing the first one a bit today. Does the game really pick up eventually? Because right now it seems like a lot of clunky controls and not much else.
Later in the game, there is lots of gripping story and fighting, i think for Shemnmue 1, because i have never played it, i just saw the little movie of it on Shenmue 2 X-box version, but that gets extreamly exciting when you get further on.

Alice
08-25-2005, 10:59 AM
the first one was amazing, graphics A+ for DC and the story line is really good, you dont get so much of it till later and theres ALOT more to find out... 1 was better when you could get online and read the diaries and download stuff...

blackchocobo9999
08-25-2005, 04:02 PM
I really need a dreamcast to play the first one!

Alice
08-25-2005, 08:06 PM
According to a recent article i read at kikizo they want to release ALL three for all the consoles, or atleast one, so that people can actually play the first two ^_^ so you might wanna wait on that.

PS Shenmue III for Next-Gen consoles ONLY

blackchocobo9999
08-26-2005, 10:45 AM
According to a recent article i read at kikizo they want to release ALL three for all the consoles, or atleast one, so that people can actually play the first two ^_^ so you might wanna wait on that.

PS Shenmue III for Next-Gen consoles ONLY
I read the thing about all Shenmue's been in one, but, i knew the thing where they were saying it would be for nex-gen and this-gen console was a load of bull, coz it would take them too long to make!

DJZen
08-26-2005, 09:43 PM

Well, yes and no. You can actually move the story along VERY quickly if you want to. A lot of what you'll do in the latter part of the game is move boxes around the dock and then try to get info from people during your 5 second lunch break. There's a HUGE fight at the end that you can also force to move along quicker depending on how you fight. The big factor in the game speeding up is what you spend your time doing, and basically learning the layout of the city as well as how to respond to things. For example, if you try to act on information pre-emptively (before you've really found out what it's good for), you might actually advance the plot. If you do more thorough research, the game will feel slower but you'll feel like you understand what's happening a little better. If you talk to every single person, you'll feel like you're getting nowhere. If you only talk to someone who you're sure has the right information for you, you'll feel like things are moving quickly.

This game really needs to be played on the DC to be properly appreciated though. It won't seem nearly as interesting on a better console.

blackchocobo9999
08-27-2005, 01:58 PM

Well, yes and no. You can actually move the story along VERY quickly if you want to. A lot of what you'll do in the latter part of the game is move boxes around the dock and then try to get info from people during your 5 second lunch break. There's a HUGE fight at the end that you can also force to move along quicker depending on how you fight. The big factor in the game speeding up is what you spend your time doing, and basically learning the layout of the city as well as how to respond to things. For example, if you try to act on information pre-emptively (before you've really found out what it's good for), you might actually advance the plot. If you do more thorough research, the game will feel slower but you'll feel like you understand what's happening a little better. If you talk to every single person, you'll feel like you're getting nowhere. If you only talk to someone who you're sure has the right information for you, you'll feel like things are moving quickly.

This game really needs to be played on the DC to be properly appreciated though. It won't seem nearly as interesting on a better console.

I see your point about the slow playing thing, coz it does it in Shenmue 2, like, you can either run to where you wanna go, or stop and talk to people and play the gambling mini-games. And i also see your point about it been better playeds on the original console it was on, coz usually, remakes suck!