PDA

View Full Version : poaching in chapter 1

eestlinc
08-24-2005, 05:00 PM
i know you can't go to a fur shop until chapter 2, but if you poach monsters in chapter 1 can you sell them in chapter two?

Azure Chrysanthemum
08-24-2005, 05:16 PM
You get to buy the things you poach in chapter two, yes. I've found most of the stuff you poach in chapter one to be fairly useless though.

eestlinc
08-24-2005, 05:25 PM
yea, I figured as much, but at least you can. I ran into a party of five uribo's on the mandalia plains, though.

Sasquatch
08-24-2005, 09:12 PM
What can you get from poaching? Is there a list somewhere?

eestlinc
08-24-2005, 09:15 PM
There are a few on gamefaqs

Despotus
08-25-2005, 12:37 AM
I ran into a party of five uribo's on the mandalia plains, though.
I hope you invited one of those Uribos. Letting them breed into Porkies and Wildbows yields awesome results! ;)

eestlinc
08-25-2005, 05:18 AM
i was joking :( i wish i did. can you even run into them until late in the game?

Despotus
08-25-2005, 05:46 AM
:joker: Ha, good one! You had me fooled. ;) I think Zigolas Swamp in Ch. 2 is the first place you might see one.

I find most of the stuff you can poach in ch. 1 to be fairly useless...
Unless you're into breeding, those crappy ch. 1 monsters can be bred into Red Chocobos, Sacreds, Great Morbols, and other advanced species which can give you decent items. :cool:

Dark Messenger
09-04-2005, 12:42 PM
It's Chapter 3 when you can enter a Fur Shop....

Chapter 2 is when the Propositions open up...

greymon138
10-09-2005, 01:32 PM
Wow!! What are Uribos anyway? Haven't seen any. Are they strong? I have read that you can get good items if you poach them. Where can I find some of these Uribo monsters?

Despotus
10-10-2005, 02:13 AM
;) I think Zigolas Swamp in Ch. 2 is the first place you might see one.
In the first battle there, you might get to fight (i mean, invite) a Uribo. If you don't get a Uribo, reset and try again.

greymon138
10-10-2005, 01:53 PM
Oh yeah, I saw the Uribo. Its so cute!! I invited it using a train skill on my knight
(lucky me!).I also breed it and now I have a porky. That porky is icky, it uses pooh--. I haven't seen that Uribo in Zigolas swamp in my last game. Good thing I joined this forum.

BG-57
10-10-2005, 02:06 PM
As heartless as it sounds, be sure to poach your excess allied monsters. You get especially nifty stuff from the Uribo and Hydra classes.

greymon138
10-10-2005, 02:20 PM
Okay, Hydra and Uribos, I'll remember to poach them up! But, I just saw an Hyudra, Hydra and Tiamat in the battle with Balk, which means even if I poach them, I can't get their Items.... Are there any places(earlier in the game) where you can find a Hyudra, Hydra and Tiamat? I want to get one of them as allies. Or even breed them to make..... oh also, which of these Hydras is the strongest?

BG-57
10-10-2005, 02:25 PM
The first storyline battle you can get them is a pair of Hyrudras in Nelveska Temple. Use Train to recruit one; Invite has a low chance of success. They also appear as random encounters in END in deep dungeon.

Hyrudras are bright orange and the weakest type.

Hydras are black and are the medium type.

Tiamats are gold and are the strongest type. They may in fact be the best recruitable monster in the game. They have multiple attacks, can fly and have insane strength and power. :D

greymon138
10-10-2005, 02:46 PM
Oh, Nelveska Temple huh? Based on a walkthrough of FFT(i forgot what the link is), it is where you fight worker something and it is where you can find the Escheoteonnn and Javvvelllin 11 and Nagarockck and Naruto Knife right? I'm already in chapter 2, beating That IMPURE KING Quaklain(duck!!!). Am I near nelveska temple?

BG-57
10-10-2005, 03:23 PM
That's the one.

You won't be able to do this subquest until chapter 4.

greymon138
10-15-2005, 01:05 PM
Poaching Question...:
Where can I poach a Hyudra, Hydra, Tiamat, Uribo, Porky and Wildbow without breeding them. Is there a place where I can find them and poach them?

BG-57
10-15-2005, 02:05 PM
END in Deep Dungeon after defeating Elidibs. You'll encounter all three Hydra types, Porkys, and maybe Uribos. Wildbows have to be bred; they never occur normally as enemies.

greymon138
10-15-2005, 02:28 PM
Oh, deep dungeon eh? Then my only problem is the wildbow to get a FS bag( i still can't get one. I already have 10 ribbons......) Thanks for the answer. Now I'll just have to go to that dungeon.....
One more question:
Who is this Elidibs? What does he look like? Can you recruit him? Is he strong? What items can I get after I defeat him?

BG-57
10-15-2005, 02:42 PM
This will spoil several surprises:

1) Elidibs was the most brilliant wizard to come out of Magic City Gariland and a great hero of the Forty Years War. He's meditating in the bottom of Deep Dungeon. He somehow got a noncanonical Zodiac Stone: Serpentarius.

He normally appears as a blond beared wizard with slightly curly hair and the typical cloak and pointed hat. When he lets the stone possess him, he turns into a sullen giant wearing a snake like a boa.

2) No.

3) Yes.

4) The biggest prize is not an item, but a spell. He'll cast a summon spell called Zodiac, which is the most powerful in the game. Any Summoner that gets hit by it and survives will learn it. This is the only chance you'll get to complete the Summoner spell collection.

Basically you have to lower the faith of your Summoner so the spell does less damage. Innocent will not work here.

Serpentarius targets characters other than Ramza, so for Ramza to learn it he has to stand in range next to another character that is being targeted by Zodiac.

I suggest letting him hit an generic Summoner. Later on, with some trouble, you can teach Zodiac to the rest of party.

greymon138
10-15-2005, 02:50 PM
Oh, Ok.
I guess I'll have to check Elidibs myself. And I will beat him/her. Anyway, thanks for telling me where I can find the rare monsters.............

BG-57
10-15-2005, 03:07 PM
Make two saves right before you take him on. There's something that's easy to miss the first time you fight him. I mentioned it among the spoilers. But try to fight him first.

You're welcome. :)

greymon138
10-15-2005, 03:15 PM
eh? What's that? Is it the Zodiac thingy?

BG-57
10-15-2005, 03:16 PM
Yes.

greymon138
10-15-2005, 03:19 PM
Oh. I heard it is the ultimate summon of a summoner right? And I also heard that ramza as a squire can learn it. Is it true?????

BG-57
10-15-2005, 03:24 PM
It's all laid out in the spoilers, how to get Zodiac. EDIT: I removed the spoiler tag from that part.

As for Ramza's Squire, the ability he can learn is Ultima. From Celia, Lede or an Ultima Demon.

greymon138
10-16-2005, 01:36 PM
Oh, just the ultima eh?(I learned this ultima, accidentally.......)
One question:
How can I attack my allies with that Zodiac? I know all summons(for enemies) will only hit enemies and never allies..

BG-57
10-16-2005, 07:01 PM
Yes, just Ultima. In a way Ultima and Zodiac are the FFT Blue Magic, which is traditionally learned from enemies.

The tricky part about teaching Zodiac is that you can't cast it on allies. You have to get in a fight against a summoner, lower their Faith, then hit them with Zodiac so they learn it.

You have two options at this point:

1) Wait until they cast Zodiac on your summoner.

2) Kill them and there's a 50/50 chance they'll turn into a crystal when they die. You can learn Zodiac when you run over the crystal.

I haven't tried method #1, but method #2 works well if you're patient. One combination of random encounters in Terminate in Deep Dungeon includes two summoners. Good luck! :)

greymon138
10-17-2005, 01:53 PM
Oh, thanks for the tip! I'll try doing that.
So that means I can't learn the Flare2 and Bios? I have been wondering about these skills which only enemies use....

BG-57
10-18-2005, 01:15 AM
Just Ultima and Zodiac, I'm afraid. :(

Too bad, Teleport 2 would've been sweet. :D

greymon138
10-19-2005, 01:51 PM
Oh, I see......
I have no more questions for now. But anyways, thanks for the answers.....

BG-57
10-20-2005, 01:32 PM
Sure thing. :)

greymon138
10-23-2005, 01:42 PM
Non related question:
How can i post pictures in my post and signature? I don't know how:confused: :confused: .
Related question:
I have poached all Uribo class plus a sacred. I already got a Nagrarock, Cachusha, and Ivory stick(all rares). But this is the problem: I can't get a FS bag. I already have 12 Ribbons, yet no FS bag appears!:mad2: Are there any techniques in poaching???????????

Despotus
10-24-2005, 10:15 AM
There are no techniques that I know of that will increase your chances of getting a rare item. :( It's all luck. In my game, I haven't been able to get the Ivory Rod yet from a Sacred (Lucky you) and I have 18 Holy Lances.:p

BG-57
10-24-2005, 12:39 PM
To get a signature made and hosted go to this thread:

http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?t=70656

To have an image in a post, go to a website with the picture you want, click on it so the picture appears by itself in a white background.

Copy the URL and post it in a word document.

Open up a reply window, paste the URL in and then put image tags around it.

eestlinc
10-26-2005, 01:31 AM
I got one of the cool perfumes from poaching. it was the first cool poaching item I've ever gotten. Poaching seems like fun.

Despotus
10-26-2005, 02:06 AM
Oh yeah. There are about 15 rare items that you can pretty much only get by poaching. (Although a couple can be stolen from enemies or caught from high-level Ninjas) The best, i.m.h.o., are the Ribbon (prevents all neg. status effects), the Holy Lance (powerful lance with occasional Holy spell as a bonus), the Rubber Costume (versatile clothes with high h.p and immunity to Lightning), the Chantage (always Regen and Reraise status, e.g. IMMORTALITY!!), and the Setiemson (always Haste, and temporary Transparent status). Get these a.s.a.p.!:drool:

eestlinc
10-27-2005, 12:54 AM
Chantage you can steal from Meliadoul.

greymon138
10-28-2005, 01:28 PM
Oh, too bad there are no awesome techniques in poaching:( . But I am trying one, which is:
1. Poach three wildbows using Orlandu.
2. If the rare item did not appear, load your game with three wildbows.

I don't know if this thingy works, but I think it will.

Another question:
I am already at deep dungeon and got cloud(hey, he's cool:D ). I have read in cheatcc(or something) that you should first fight at deep dungeon at least six times so that you can get the rare items. Is it true???????

BG-57
10-28-2005, 03:05 PM
You mean by Move-Find or poaching? There are four Move-Find Treasures in each level of Deep Dungeon, either an Elixir or a rare item. You can get all the treasures the first time you go through each level or return to get the treasure later. Just when you do, use a treasure hunter with very low Brave.

Despotus
10-29-2005, 03:49 AM
If the rare item did not appear, load your game with three wildbows.

I don't know if this thingy works, but I think it will.
I think you'll get that FS Bag eventually

And if you are looking to find the rare items in D.D., there is a good Move-Find-Item guide on gamefaqs. com. Follow B.G.-57's advice and bring a treasure hunter with very low brave (15 or so).

greymon138
11-03-2005, 12:33 PM
Hey,
I already got most of the rare items in FFT. My last problem is the Madlemgen and Rubber Costume. Now my question is:
Where can I find many many many many Hydras and Great Morbols? I am having a hard time finding these monsters. Oh, and also......

I already defeated ELIDIBS and got ZODIAC

BG-57
11-03-2005, 01:50 PM
The best place to poach Hydras is END in Deep dungeon. Start a random battle in END. If you aren't facing an army of Hydras, Hyrudras, Tiamats and a Red Dragon or two, soft reset and try again until you do.

As for Great Morbols, they appear in one of the levels of Deep Dungeon, but I don't remember offhand which one.

greymon138
11-04-2005, 10:10 AM
Oh yeah...
There are hydras in END. And I already poached them and got a rubber costume. The Great Morbols are at VOYAGE(goooooood thing I tried that floor). I also got a MADLEMGEN now. But anyways, thanks.

FINALLY, I got all the items in FFT!

BG-57
11-04-2005, 12:23 PM
Congradulations! :D