PDA

View Full Version : DELAYED!!!! AGAIN!!!

cloud20747
08-25-2005, 12:15 AM
DAMN YOU SQUARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!FFVII: AC Delayed (http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3143124&did=1)

neosephiroth
08-25-2005, 12:27 AM
Meh. What's 2 more months to my long long pain?

Kamiko
08-25-2005, 12:28 AM
2 more months to jump off a tall building because Square can't just release it and realize that we don't care if it's in Japanese as long as they have subtitles.

neosephiroth
08-25-2005, 12:30 AM
Hey I think it will be worth it if we get a theatrical release. IMO.

Kamiko
08-25-2005, 12:31 AM
All I want is to see the movie! I don't even care about the voices!
[dies]

zbonks
08-25-2005, 12:34 AM
I think it is longer than 2 months. It's late august right now and the article said mid-to-late november that's like 3 months. I feel like I've been ripped off by Square.

Cid's Number 1 Fan
08-25-2005, 12:45 AM
BALLS!! :mad2:

EDIT: Seriously, guys... I'm contemplating importing it and buying a region free DVD player, haha.

neosephiroth
08-25-2005, 12:47 AM
I think it is longer than 2 months. It's late august right now and the article said mid-to-late november that's like 3 months. I feel like I've been ripped off by Square.

Crap I forgot about October.....XP

Vyk
08-25-2005, 12:49 AM
Hasn't happened before?

I say big deal. It was supposed to be released ... what? 2 summers ago? Yeah. I can handle another couple months.

And yeah. I kinda care about English voices. If they had/have no intention I'll live with it. But if they want us to wait so I can WATCH the movie and not have to READ the movie and just sit back and enjoy it. Worth it to me.

Tifa's Real Lover(really
08-25-2005, 01:01 AM
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IVE BEEN WAITING EVER SINCE OCTOBER FOR THIS MOVIE AND NOW THEY DELAYED IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rostum
08-25-2005, 01:04 AM
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IVE BEEN WAITING EVER SINCE OCTOBER FOR THIS MOVIE AND NOW THEY DELAYED IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

www.ohnoes.org

Tifa's Real Lover(really
08-25-2005, 01:10 AM
I HAD IT RESERVED AND EVERYTHING

Shoden
08-25-2005, 01:34 AM
DAMN! that is unfair!

TheAbominatrix
08-25-2005, 01:45 AM
I'm a bit concerned as I've only seen it on 1up.com and NO other sites, including AdventChildren.net. Isnt 1up notoriously full of /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif?

Dking'squeen
08-25-2005, 01:51 AM
I'm going to cry...I am going to cry...*goes into a dark corner and cries* I cannot believe this. I don't really care about the English voicing. I like it better in Japanese, to be honest. It sounds better to me in Japanese anyways, just as long as the subtitles are there, I'm good. It seems slightly fake in English, I don't know why...

Big D
08-25-2005, 01:53 AM
I won't be surprised if this is true. Square's been fluffing around for years, changing their release date time after time. Rather than just setting a deadline and sticking to it, or just admitting that they don't actually know how long it'll take.

Personally, though, I'd prefer to wait longer for a quality job, than to get fobbed off with something badly made in a rush.

Mercen-X
08-25-2005, 01:58 AM
. . . but what if after the 1000 delays, it still turns out to be another Spirits Within fiasco?

Cid's Number 1 Fan
08-25-2005, 02:00 AM
You know it won't be that judged by what we've already seen.

Vyk
08-25-2005, 02:03 AM
Yeah. I'm with Big D and #1. And honestly I'm pretty sure I will watch it subbed. But I want to watch it dubbed first so all my attention can be on the screen. I suppose it's unfair for them to make sub-lovers wait in order to cater to us dub-lovers. But it sounds more like they're just trying to get the most sales rather than cater to anyone. Which is wrong either way. They already know it's gonna sell insanely well. They have to o_O;

DMKA
08-25-2005, 02:12 AM
The same thing that happened with FFVII is happening with Advent Children. Apparently they're adding stuff...does this mean we'll get an English audio track after all? Hmm...

All I know is I couldn't wait until September 14th...I was really, really looking forward to FINALLY getting to see it. I suppose a few more months won't kill me, but still...so so close we were!

Shoeberto
08-25-2005, 02:47 AM
Three months? Pfft. I've had worse waits for things I was more excited about.

Necronopticous
08-25-2005, 03:23 AM
Well, I'd be lying if I said I wasn't dissapointed and upset, but let me explain to you why this is such a terrible, terrible decision for Square.

I'm quite sure that it is the English voice acting and voice synching that's not finished yet, honestly I've been suspicious for weeks because we still haven't a clue of who the English VA cast is, and we're not getting any advertising while Japan already has two new commercials running. The Japanese package is probably ready to be shipped right now, and it is clearly the US release that is unfinished. However, Square is going to lose an insane amount of sales on this delay, because they're going about it all wrong. If they really absolutely had to delay the film for the US release, they should have delayed the release in Japan as well. While this might initially dissapoint a larger amount of people, Square would thank themselves in the end for preserving the best thing that this film had going for it, sales-wise: the simultaneous release.

Why is this such a problem?

Well, now Japan will get their hands on Advent Children on the 14th, and have it fansubbed and torrented all over the Internet by the 16th. On the day that Advent Children is finally released in the states, half of the would-be buyers will have already seen it over two months prior, and half of them aren't going to want to spend the money to see it again.

I only hope that this doesn't compromise sales enough to put Square back in the same boat they were riding after the release of Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within. However, at this point, they're almost asking for it.

Big D
08-25-2005, 03:29 AM
Yeah, they're screwing themselves over with the poor time-management leading to missed deadlines.

However, I reckon there'll still be solid market for the *official* DVD if/when it finally gets released in the West. Fansubs, while satisfactory to people who absolutely must see it now, lack the "officialness" of the company's own translation. Not to mention the other neat stuff that's often included on DVDs.

Square aren't stupid; I'm sure they know as much about the implications of piracy as most people. Hopefully they'll do the right thing, whatever that may be under the circimstances.

Sephiroths Clone
08-25-2005, 03:32 AM
I was angry but now that i think about i have more time to get money for that and the Xbox 360..so its not that bad, it is only 3 months.

Necronopticous
08-25-2005, 03:35 AM
Anyway, for those of you questioning the validity of the delay, it's definately official. Just called up the Gamestop where my copies are reserved, the lady told me the release date has been moved to simply "November" with no specific date.

And to think, I was getting ready to soon start the Advent Children countdown thread.

Vyk
08-25-2005, 03:58 AM
I hadn't even thought about pirating it lol You're right though. People could even hold off long enough for it to be fansubbed and it'll be out before November. They're totally compromising their sales by trying to release (supposedly) on a date more benefical towards sales (in america). Horrible...

Azure Chrysanthemum
08-25-2005, 04:03 AM
It's dissappointing, but not too big a deal. There's plenty more to keep me occupied while I wait.

Sephex
08-25-2005, 04:56 AM
And? I'd rather give them more time to work on the movie. I didn't wait this long for a crappy, rushed story. They can take all the time they need.

Rengori
08-25-2005, 04:58 AM
Me --->:twak:<--- Square-Enix

Vyk
08-25-2005, 05:32 AM
And? I'd rather give them more time to work on the movie. I didn't wait this long for a crappy, rushed story. They can take all the time they need.
They're not working on the story. They're releasing it in Japan as scheduled.

Dking'squeen
08-25-2005, 06:51 AM
I was expecting that before school got too hectic, but now I might not even have time to WATCH it when I get it.

BackRoomKid
08-25-2005, 07:39 AM
pissed, angst, disappointment....

patient....sobered.....breatheing...still alive? yes i am....so no worries

well, i HAD it reserved...we'll see what happens then....1up may be wrong but i DOUBT it

Mi-Chan
08-25-2005, 08:39 AM
*tears up... *

Sept. 14 seemed a little bit too good to be true. *sniff sniff*

2 months... such a freakishly long wait. Especially when it will already be out elsewhere.

Must not give in to Piracy!

UGH!

We really need to start an Advent Children (#$^#!.. its delayed again..) support group.

><... so tired... I'm sure I'll wake up and freak out all over again. :cry:

DancingOnigiri
08-25-2005, 08:40 AM
Man, this sucks.

Armisael
08-25-2005, 08:56 AM
What a dissapointment! Oh well, i guess we can't do anything but waiting...

Mercen-X
08-25-2005, 09:12 AM
We really need to start an Advent Children (#$^#!.. its delayed again..) support group.
We need to start a rebellion. If we do not soon stage a coup, Square will eventually run itself into the ground. Their judgment seems to wane with every passing year.

Shoden
08-25-2005, 11:59 AM
the most peculiar thing is that it's only on that site, which has a history for B/s but i hope this is b/s.

crazybayman
08-25-2005, 02:05 PM
Wankers (Square).

I don't really care about the English voicing. I like it better in Japanese, to be honest. It sounds better to me in Japanese anyways, just as long as the subtitles are there, I'm good. It seems slightly fake in English, I don't know why...
How can is seem fake when all the characters look caucasian, and not asian?

To each their own, I suppose :p .

Hopefully this means that they intend on doing english voice-overs.

Cid's Number 1 Fan
08-25-2005, 02:31 PM

Actually, most of the characters look Asian to me. Maybe not Barrett. Or probably Cid. But nearly all the characters have relatively flat faces, sloped noses with no ridge. I just can't help but see the asian in about 90% of the faces in the preview.

crazybayman
08-25-2005, 03:21 PM

Actually, most of the characters look Asian to me. Maybe not Barrett. Or probably Cid. But nearly all the characters have relatively flat faces, sloped noses with no ridge. I just can't help but see the asian in about 90% of the faces in the preview.

Yes, they have some very minute asian facial features, but very minute at that. Ask someone from Oriental Asia how asian they look. No doubt they'll say they look Caucasian. Compare their pictures with any picture of an Asian you know.

Anyways, my point is, is that it will sound FAR from fake, or cheesey if dubbed in English, in my opinion.

Tifa's Real Lover(really
08-25-2005, 04:20 PM
damm, u kno in the trailers it says two years later, does it meen for us to?

Necronopticous
08-25-2005, 04:49 PM
damm, u kno in the trailers it says two years later, does it meen for us to?Hahahahahahahahahahaha

Lord Magician
08-25-2005, 05:55 PM
damm, u kno in the trailers it says two years later, does it meen for us to?

Yeah you craked me up hear too! :D

But seriously, japan always gets stuff first, so no supprise to me they get the movie first. I mean back in 1997 they recived FF7 in january wile we recived it in august 1997. So no suprise if it comes out next year.

But making english vocie actor is smart and if they don't, THEN THEY ARE REALLY SCREWED!

They may be doing this in america to grab the attension of most XBOX 360 fans and turning them to sony.Intelligent.....but more irritating! :mad2:

Laugh at face of Danger
08-25-2005, 06:16 PM
I'd forgotten about it until this thread came about!

DAMN

<('-')> ~optimistic~

Shoden
08-25-2005, 06:36 PM
ok. 1 up messed up with release and news on AC how many times now?

Necronopticous
08-25-2005, 06:59 PM
ok. 1 up messed up with release and news on AC how many times now?I already verified it earlier in the thread.

-N-
08-25-2005, 07:05 PM
damm, u kno in the trailers it says two years later, does it meen for us to?HahahahahahahahahahahaxD

Lord Magician
08-25-2005, 07:05 PM
They want americans to suffer! :mad2:

Kawaii Ryűkishi
08-25-2005, 07:06 PM
Isnt 1up notoriously full of /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif?No.

KoShiatar
08-25-2005, 08:46 PM
So , as I suspected, the Venice preview will be subtitled Japanese (that actually makes me happy).
I'm not sure I'll go and see it yet (tickets, man...), but it's going to be more valuable than I thought of.

Shoden
08-25-2005, 09:14 PM
Well I think it'll come out in the US around the previous UK release date around mid November, don't you think? it won't take too long will it?

Please be before the 28th of November so i can import it for my bday XD or crimbo.

Lord Magician
08-25-2005, 10:08 PM
I'm going to japan to see it! :D

krissy
08-26-2005, 12:15 AM
lollll

GooeyToast
08-26-2005, 12:43 AM
they should have the option of japanese voices with subtitles or the english voices

that would be worth the wait

Cid's Number 1 Fan
08-26-2005, 03:20 AM
they should have the option of japanese voices with subtitles or the english voices

that would be worth the wait

The problem I see with that is this: if they release it with English voices, then they are probably going to re-sync the lips to the English words. (Don't hold me to that, though.) But if that's the case, a Japanese track will then have the same "dub feel" as English voices over the Japanese version would. To get it right for both languages, it would be like having to have two separate movies in the same package.

Necronopticous
08-26-2005, 03:22 AM
It would be like having to have two separate movies in the same package.I'm fairly sure that's what it's going to be. It is a double-DVD package, after all.

I wouldn't bet on the option being on the UMD.

CloudStrife48
08-26-2005, 07:49 AM
I first learned about this movie 3 years ago. (Yes, THREE WHOLE YEARS)

another few months of pain won't kill me

patience is a virtue

Mercen-X
08-26-2005, 08:51 AM
It would be like having to have two separate movies in the same package.I'm fairly sure that's what it's going to be. It is a double-DVD package, after all.
It wouldn't the first time a DVD was released with two differently edited versions of a movie. These include Director's Cut special features or any DVD that options Wide Screen and Full Screen. It's really no different either.

Since this is two DVD's in one package, it would make even greater sense for this to be the case.

*ETERNAL FANTASY*
08-26-2005, 03:42 PM
its not waiting thing that bothers me, its the fact that square is begging to delay projects more and more these days (*cough ff12 cough*)! I dont mind waiting, i just want them to get a solid release date AND STICK TO IT! They are called dead lines for a reason!

DarknessFromAbove
08-26-2005, 07:26 PM
Ugh. They're really killing me here. I sware . . .

Vincentsinnerdemon
08-26-2005, 09:08 PM
Everything I want is always delayed to the point that I want to rip out my hair(i.e. Halo2) or I cant get any info concerning the story and gameplay (i.e. FFVII:DoC) and this is no exception!

Lord Magician
08-26-2005, 09:15 PM
I feel like I am going to die if I don't see it soon. :( ... :D lol.

BackRoomKid
08-26-2005, 09:50 PM
make a college of all their trailers...we practically have half the movie in those

Rengori
08-26-2005, 10:24 PM
In what order they go in is pretty hard to tell.

SeeDRankLou
08-26-2005, 10:48 PM
And here I thought that Square was attempting to make some kind of precident where they released stuff in both Japanese and English at the same time, and probably Europe shortly after, so as to stop all of this adding crap when it comes to North America, making Europe wait even longer, and then making an international version for Japan with more stuff and just frankly pissing everyone off at some point or another. Oh well, it was a valient effort I guess.

And this probably means we can be expecting another delay for KHII as well, they seem to happen one after the other, since several, if not many, of the people working on Advent Children are working on KHII. Dammit.

Shoden
08-27-2005, 02:04 AM
It'll be in America for November/December so It's the duty of us Europeans to import. or download.

Vyk
08-27-2005, 03:07 AM
i.e. Boycott

Shadow_Wolf 6354
08-27-2005, 03:23 AM
BLOODY HELL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

you think im crazy? you should see my brother..........
:shoot:

Big D
08-27-2005, 03:42 AM
Maybe they're gonna hold back on releasing AC until 2007 - i.e, the 10th anniversary of FFVII's original release. You never know - after all, it was originally planned for release in 2004, which would've been the 7th anniversary of the 7th Final Fantasy...

Raven Nox
08-27-2005, 06:19 AM
The problem I see with that is this: if they release it with English voices, then they are probably going to re-sync the lips to the English words. (Don't hold me to that, though.) But if that's the case, a Japanese track will then have the same "dub feel" as English voices over the Japanese version would. To get it right for both languages, it would be like having to have two separate movies in the same package.

Actually, I have seen DVDs with to differnet visual version on one DVD, if they cram both the english and japanese onto one disc, both could be on track and long as you use the "language" menu on the DVD. If you choose english, it will play it with the english voices and english liping. If you choose Japanese with subtitles, it'll be with thre japanese voices and japanese liping. I've seen something like it on DVDs before, though it was with the words that were on screen (not the subtitles), it's still possible with the whole movie, it'd just probably not fit on one DVD because both version would take a lot of room.

It'd only be a probelm if you're watching the enlgish then use the remote to switch to the japanese. THEN the japanese would look dubbed.

and about it being delayed, I'm saddened by it, I found out eariler though because I went to reserve it, and they told me I couldn't because it was pushed back. -_- It sucks bad.

Chibi Angel
08-28-2005, 03:43 AM
:cry: :crying: :weep: no fair.

//Silver\\
08-28-2005, 04:52 AM
Whats another delay? Like most people have said if it means a better movie then its fine. plus there was going to be a delay for me down in Australia any way, things take forever to get down here, but Ill probably just import like everybody else.

§hĺd0w
08-28-2005, 02:35 PM
This delay has been about for almost a month; it's nothing new.

I reserved AC at GameStop 4 weeks ago, and they said the release was in November. So this really isn't a surprise or anything new.

Christmas
08-28-2005, 02:44 PM
I guess it can't be help but as far as I know, I think it might be worth the wait.

Tifa's Real Lover(really
08-28-2005, 03:34 PM
well............its better that we have the special edition..........so thats the good thing tht gots me waiting paticently

Lord Magician
08-28-2005, 07:06 PM
It'll be in America for November/December so It's the duty of us Europeans to import. or download.

Downloading will take for ever, especially if you have dial up! :shoot:

Kamiko
08-28-2005, 07:15 PM
HAHAHAHA! I have ethernet and too much free time!!

Lord Magician
08-28-2005, 07:21 PM
I don't care how long I wait. I learned time goes by fast! So by tomorrow it should be November! :D

Kamiko
08-28-2005, 07:25 PM
If you sleep alot like I do, anything can happen

TheAbominatrix
08-29-2005, 12:27 AM

Downloading will take for ever, especially if you have dial up! :shoot:

Yes if you have dial up, no otherwise. The torrents that will be out will no doubt have tons of seeds, and it'll probably take an hour or two at most. I definitly plan to download it.

Shoden
08-29-2005, 02:15 AM
yeah, It'll take 30 mins minimum on Bit Lord depending on seeds.

I'd rather import it though.

TheAbominatrix
08-29-2005, 02:18 AM
I wouldnt. No subtitles and my DVD player isnt region free, so it's downloading for me. I'll most likely buy it when it comes to America as well, unless for some strange reason it sucks horribly.

ultima88
08-29-2005, 07:29 AM
GOD DAMN IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *RIPS OUT LARGE CLUMPS OF HAIR* phew its ok...its ok... it'll all be worth it when i t eventually comes out.

but if it dose turn out to be another "spirits within" (which i really dont think it will) i will be forced to fly to japan and kick the c**p out of every single person in the square-enix office

sephiroth the dark angel
08-29-2005, 07:39 PM
GOD DAMN IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *RIPS OUT LARGE CLUMPS OF HAIR* phew its ok...its ok... it'll all be worth it when i t eventually comes out.

but if it dose turn out to be another "spirits within" (which i really dont think it will) i will be forced to fly to japan and kick the c**p out of every single person in the square-enix office

i'll help!
those asses can't think of anithing better than keep us ff7 fans waiting

Lord Magician
08-29-2005, 07:59 PM
Look at the topic: "good news" (http://www.eyesonff.com/forums/showthread.php?t=69136) to calm down some people! :rolleyes2

Shoden
08-29-2005, 11:10 PM
It's only about another months wait according to Nomura's revent announcement.

sephiroth the dark angel
09-03-2005, 02:09 PM
by a month's time ill be choking myself or maybe jump of a bridge what im suppose to do for a month. wait it can't be a month cose it's setember and it's gonna come out on november right?

TurkSlayer
09-03-2005, 02:33 PM
Damn, and I'd already gotten all my friends excited for this movie. They'll be so pissed, but then I'm pissed to. Still, I'm willing to wait if I must. I want to see this movie too badly to give up now.

Max
09-04-2005, 03:04 AM
Do you people want it done fast or want it done right?

Shoden
09-04-2005, 03:13 AM
(some posts have been deleted havent they, Deja vu feeling)

A bit of both IMO

ultima88
09-04-2005, 03:26 AM

i'll help!
those asses can't think of anithing better than keep us ff7 fans waiting

if its not out soon we'll arange a time and a place "gggrrrr"

sephiroth the dark angel
09-05-2005, 07:45 PM
sure how about japan and time is whenever u get there?

Lord Magician
09-05-2005, 07:51 PM
Do you people want it done fast or want it done right?

Done Right. I don't care if it comes out in many months. It's better for it to be a good movie. Not a crappy movie.

Tifa's Real Lover(really
09-05-2005, 07:54 PM
yeah but remember wen it sed 2004, can u imagine if it can out on time and this was old news

Lord Magician
09-05-2005, 07:56 PM
So.......your point is?

Tifa's Real Lover(really
09-05-2005, 07:59 PM
they should of been on time a focused alot on the movie, like work on it everyday

Lord Magician
09-05-2005, 08:01 PM
But they have a bunch of games and projects on there back every day. So that slows them down!

sephiroth the dark angel
09-05-2005, 08:05 PM
2 years to make a movie?! that best be a good movie! and in 2004 they weren't makin any game i think not for ps2 . so it should have been ready already

Lord Magician
09-05-2005, 08:09 PM
Well, tell me if it is easy to make a perfect graphic movie like that in a year or two. No. It take hard work for many people to get all the frames and movments correct. It's not as easy as it looks! :rolleyes2

sephiroth the dark angel
09-05-2005, 08:16 PM
thoe that look perfect to u do they look real? well i think it's the best u can get for a movie who the carechters arent real.(sorry bout the spelling)

Tifa's Real Lover(really
09-05-2005, 10:16 PM
yeah but why did they put 2004 if they knew tht wasnt gonna happen

Lord Magician
09-05-2005, 10:51 PM
They fail to keep it on time.

ultima88
09-05-2005, 11:33 PM
sure how about japan and time is whenever u get there?

we'll giv em a lil longer but they better hurry *shakes fist*

i think its ok, fiar enugh i would like it to be out soon but, imgine what its gunna be like when this fine movie eventually graces our screens after all this time ?

Big D
09-06-2005, 12:31 AM
Remember, AC has gone from a 20-minute short film to an entire feature-length project. That might have had a slight influence on the timeframe...

Tifa's Real Lover(really
09-06-2005, 12:47 AM
Remember, AC has gone from a 20-minute short film to an entire feature-length project. That might have had a slight influence on the timeframe...
(really?

Lord Magician
09-06-2005, 01:07 AM
I knew that since I first heard of it! :rolleyes2

It's smart they made it into A ACTUAL MOVIE! :D