PDA

View Full Version : Alchemy

sunshine
08-25-2005, 05:39 AM
Hello everyone. =) I'm a new on the boards here.

I've never played Final Fantasy XI, actually, but that's why I came here to ask you lovely people for some help.

I was wondering about Alchemy in FFXI, and how it works. Apparently, you need crystals to mix things? What purpose would it play in the actual process of mixing?

I'm actually asking these questions because I am creating a character for an Message Board RPG.. He is an alchemist, and I was hoping to find out as much about the subject (in video games such as Final Fantasy, or perhaps even anime such as Full Metal Alchemist, at least) as possible.

Any information would be deeply appreciated. =)

-- Sunshine

strawberryman
08-25-2005, 09:59 AM
I was wondering about Alchemy in FFXI, and how it works. Apparently, you need crystals to mix things? What purpose would it play in the actual process of mixing?
Actually, that goes true for all crafts. Wind crystals work for Woodworking to carve logs into lumber, Fire crystals work for Smithing by melding materials together, Ice... well, you get the idea. :D

Lionx
08-25-2005, 10:24 PM
Well Alchemy usually falls into the MISC category, whatever other crafts cant do usually Alchemy falls into doing it. Like they make certain medicines(potions /Hi potions / Echo Drops etc...so to speak), they also use certain herbs and materials to make Silent Oils or Prism powders, and they are also responsible for making certain BST pets with the Philosopher's Stone(yes its in the game). However like every craft they need a crystal and the appropiate mateirals. The way you make things are not any different than any other craft, however your goods that you do will. The good part of Alchemy is that your money makers are usually consumables and are a driving force of its stability in price.

http://mysterytour.web.infoseek.co.jp/ffxi/us/

The link under Guild can show what you can make, and i think Alchemy is certainetly a very useful craft.

sunshine
08-26-2005, 04:16 AM
Thanks for the help =)

That link under Guild.. I checked it out, but they all seem to look like attacks to me.. I mean, if they're mixed items, they don't show what items to mix.. By the way, are there any sites that show you a table where they give you the item made, what items to mix, and what the item does as well? I seem to only be finding tables without that last bit of information, which I would find to be extremely helpful.

Lionx
08-26-2005, 04:28 AM
Did you even read the top of the table? It says what crystal to use not attacks. Sythesis item is what you are making, then it shows the rank of your craft that you can craft it successfully with minimal loss. Then it tells you when you stop leveling the craft by making that item, then the crystal type, then the Recipie is what you use in conjunction with the crystal to make "Sythesis Item", then HQ(high Quality..aka if you are high above the skill cap around 30, random exceptional results are listed)1-4.

>_>

sunshine
08-27-2005, 04:18 AM
Ohhh!! I feel stupid. Lol. I clicked the link directly under "Guild" that said "Scroll".. But I found the one you were referring to when I clicked Guild. Haahaha. Thanks again.

^_^;;;;;