PDA

View Full Version : I like questions. Do you?

SomethingBig
08-25-2005, 08:52 AM
I dunno if this'll last, but I hope it does. Here's how it works: One person asks a question, another answers, that person then gets to ask another question and the cycle continues. This is a thread for all of your brain-dead/random/embarrassing questions. If you've a question you're too embarrassed to ask anyone, then ask here. In fact, if you have a question that can be answered in one post, ask.

Rules:
~ As I said, I want this to last. Absolutely NO STUPID QUESTIONS like "If teh pengy eats snow caps, will it beecum teh polir ber?!?! ARHARHARHARH!".
~ Serious answers are wanted. If someone asks if the sun is a star, don't give an answer like "Teh sun is teh pengy wen its wings are teh polir eyes capz! :p :tongue:".
~ No asking the same question twice or variations of an existent question.
~ Try to ask questions that have definite answers.
~ Any and all questions are welcome(1 per post), so long as they follow the rules.

I guess I'll get this party started. What's with Shannon Doherty's eyes? If you look closely, they're uneven.

boris no no
08-25-2005, 09:15 AM
i'm sure she knows about it...

Jess
08-25-2005, 11:38 AM
Your meant to ask another question! :rolleyes2

Why do you think Boris no no didn't ask a question, to continue the game? :p

ThroneofDravaris
08-25-2005, 11:46 AM
Because Boris didn't read the entire post...

Why does Blair take a definite break in his sentences every five words?

silverpigeon97
08-25-2005, 12:17 PM
Because then he has to listen to his promter to find out what to say next. What is the point of grinding?

boris no no
08-25-2005, 12:25 PM
Because Boris didn't read the entire post...

Why does Blair take a definite break in his sentences every five words?
i did but i thoght that they might say something about it
*hits*

Because then he has to listen to his promter to find out what to say next. What is the point of grinding?
so the corn is nice and fine for baking

why is the sky blue?

SomethingBig
08-25-2005, 05:01 PM
There's a way big explanation, but this is as simple as it gets: molecules in the air scatter blue light more than red light.

What are the major differences between the current Japanese and American cultures?

Hawkeye
08-25-2005, 05:06 PM
Japanese have slanted eyes

Is Elvis Alive?

Zeldy
08-25-2005, 05:07 PM
Nope

Do you like Cheese?

Faris
08-25-2005, 05:10 PM
I like Cheese.

Why does it seem like a lot of people are getting banned from EoEo? :(

Sasquatch
08-25-2005, 05:10 PM
Because it's fun to do things that get us banned. And some of us are tired of dealing with the rampant stupidity.

Why isn't soccer as big in America as it is everywhere else?

SomethingBig
08-25-2005, 05:14 PM
Japanese have slanted eyes

Is Elvis Alive?

Do you like Cheese?
Please stop ruining my thread, guys. Serious questions and answers.

silverpigeon97
08-25-2005, 05:22 PM
Soccer isnt as big everywhere else because its called football in most places. And its the national sports of a few countries, including England.

Why doesnt america have roundabouts?

Sasquatch
08-25-2005, 06:23 PM
Because traffic circles are dumb. And America wants to be different.

(Actually, I know it's called football in most places, I just don't know why it didn't pick up in America.)

Why do so many women still swoon after Sean Connery?

boris no no
08-25-2005, 06:25 PM
because hes swarve and cool <33333333 and has a cool voice

did the big bang REALLY happen?

fire_of_avalon
08-25-2005, 06:35 PM
Based on the speed at which light in the universe is moving away from each other, it's fairly safe to assume that something like the big bang happened, but no on really knows for sure.

What's a cure for food poisoning?

SomethingBig
08-25-2005, 07:09 PM
Herbs and vitamins help with food poisoning. It really depends on what type it is and its severity.

Why did Linus get banned?

Psychotic
08-25-2005, 07:11 PM
He had an animation of a woman groping her breasts in his sig.

What colour are my eyes on Wednesdays?

Doomie
08-25-2005, 07:15 PM
He had an animation of a woman groping her breasts in his sig.

What colour are my eyes on Wednesdays?

Black, because Wednesday is "Satan's Night" at the local pub.

What's the purpose of the appendix. (The body part)

Mr. Mojo Risin
08-25-2005, 07:21 PM
No purpose, some theorize it to be a 'left over' from evolution.

What exactly does the word 'Sony' mean?

bipper
08-25-2005, 07:42 PM
he company name "Sony" was created by combining two words. One is 'sonus' in Latin, which is the root of the such words as 'sound' and 'sonic'. The other is 'sonny' meaning little son. The words were used to show that " Sony" is a very small group of young people who have the energy and passion toward unlimited creation.

Is it a fact that jupiter was to be our 'other sun'?

SomethingBig
08-25-2005, 11:27 PM
*Shrug* I've never heard that before.

WTF happened here?!

Erased
08-25-2005, 11:59 PM
I have two explanations:
1. It was all part of my coming back. How that's even possible, I don't know.
2. One word: Illuminati....

My question: Where would one work out to get the strength to use Cloud's sword proficiently?

Master Quan
08-26-2005, 12:10 AM
A GYM.

What would Jesus do?

Polyonymous
08-26-2005, 12:19 AM
He'd get nailed to a wooden poll.

Can you make ice-cream without an ice-cream maker? If you can, I would like to know how. :D

Kamiko
08-26-2005, 12:29 AM
Buying it at Wal-Mart.
What is your favorite flavor of ice cream?

Dixie
08-26-2005, 12:33 AM
Vanilla!

How many steps does it take to burn off one calorie?

GooeyToast
08-26-2005, 12:46 AM
3 steps forward and 2 steps back

Anyone ever seen a mutant?

SomethingBig
08-26-2005, 05:18 AM
As in an animal with a mutation? I've seen a two-headed turtle on TV before. I've yet to see a mutie in real life.

Are there any video-games in Alaska, the North Pole, or in the South Pole?

Dking'squeen
08-26-2005, 08:03 AM
They may not get any reception there. Or maybe they have all the really cool games and are hiding them from the rest of the world! Santi Clause has EVERYTHING!

Just because you paint your nails black and red, die your black hair red, wear black nad red and wear black/red eyeshadow, does that make you goth?

The Summoner of Leviathan
08-26-2005, 08:14 AM
I doubt it. That is basically based upon stereotypes. I really have no idea what "goth" fully entails.

Why didn't the USA adapt the metric system? Metric is so much simplier.

udsuna
08-26-2005, 08:15 AM
Perhaps, depends on skin color. If you have a dark skin tone, you also have to powder it white or something like that.

EDIT: because SoL posted while I was posting. And the answer is because Americans are too lazy to even bother taking the time to switch over to an easier method.

Can I answer the questions posted previously, even though they've already been answered?

Dking'squeen
08-26-2005, 08:20 AM
Yeah, and it doesn't matter because you already did, sweetheart n.n

Why are most people who drink 'fat free' drinks getting fat?

Sasquatch
08-26-2005, 08:53 AM
Because they drink a lot of them? And it's not so much fat, it's everything else they have to burn before their body gets to the fat. Even if you don't eat much fat, if you don't burn off the protein and carbs to get to it, the fat will store.

Why don't soldiers in combat, who do arguable the most dangerous job in the world, get paid more?

udsuna
08-26-2005, 09:29 AM
Is it a fact that jupiter was to be our 'other sun'? Long story short, no, it lacks the mass. But, if we added the materials of our other gas giants to the mix, they could generate the kind of gravity well necessary to create sustained fusion and thus a new star. Also, "2001: A Space Odyssey" was a really good book.

Anyone ever seen a mutant? Every living thing created through sexual reproduction is a "mutant"- if we go with the actual definition of mutant as a lifeform with genes differing from that of it's parent(s). Our DNA undergoes a "recombinant" stage, where codes from the two parents gets crossed. Too complex to go into here.

Why don't soldiers in combat, who do arguable the most dangerous job in the world, get paid more?

Because that just wouldn't be cost effective. And that means wars wouldn't happen. And that'd be a utopia. And clearly that ain't happening.

Is it sad that I cared enough about the above questions to take the time to answer them out of line like this?

Dking'squeen
08-26-2005, 09:41 AM
Eh...kind of, dear, but we love you anyways.

Has Johnny Depp played a good role in his latest film. Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory?

ThroneofDravaris
08-26-2005, 10:10 AM
Meh, his naturally bizarre demeanor suits the role.

Is it wrong to openly ridicule someone’s beliefs if they are REALLY stupid and pathetic?

Master Quan
08-26-2005, 10:17 AM
Can you make ice-cream without an ice-cream maker? If you can, I would like to know how. :D

No one answered the question. It says MAKE, NOT BUY.

http://www.polsci.wvu.edu/Henry/Icecream/Icecream.html

Erased
08-26-2005, 05:11 PM
Is it wrong to openly ridicule someone’s beliefs if they are REALLY stupid and pathetic?

Of course not. I can't see why it would be. ESPECIALLY among political peoplez.

What do you think of the US president sent-by-God

Sasquatch
08-26-2005, 06:28 PM

Only if you don't bitch when they believe the same of your beliefs.

What do you think of the US president sent-by-God

Sure. Not saying he's a prophet or anything, not even saying he's doing everything God would have him to. But if God didn't want him to be in there, he wouldn't be.

How is "Ramen" (as in, the noodles) pronounced?

Freya
08-26-2005, 06:46 PM
Ra-men that's how i pronounce it anyway.

If it was possible, if you went back in time and did soemthing would it screw up te time line as we know it?

SomethingBig
08-26-2005, 08:29 PM
Yes. If you go back in time and make the smallest change, then you wouldn't have to worry about it in the future, thus you would not have to go back in time to make that change, but because you don't go back, the change happens and then the cycle continues in an endless loop.

What do you think video-games will look like in 20 years?

udsuna
08-26-2005, 08:41 PM
I don't know. Probably early level virtual reality.

If someone had multiple personalities, and someone cured it, would that be a form of murder? (and I'm not talking normal dissociation disorder, I'm using the layman's meaning)

Dking'squeen
08-27-2005, 12:40 AM
No, because I think murder is considered when the person can no longer live in physical terms, not spiritual/mental/ect. If a person can breathe and live physically, then it won't be considered murder. But yeah, on some terms it's considered murder because you're murdering another 'person', in a sense.

Are eating Cheerios everyday healthy?

GooeyToast
08-27-2005, 12:54 AM
Well, they certainly don't lower your cholestrol.

Why do people accuse others of being "racist", when in fact they're the ones who always seem to bring up the issue?

Master Quan
08-27-2005, 01:58 AM
Because they've clearly had some kind of "incident" wherein they were called racist, and have now vowed to "redeem their honour" by accusing everyone in sight.

How can I play X-wing collectors edition w/out a Joystick?

SomethingBig
08-28-2005, 05:10 AM
I think we should put your question on hold, until someone has an answer to it. Bonus points(+2 questions) for the one who has the right answer!

How exactly does one become a Cid's Knight?

GooeyToast
08-28-2005, 05:16 AM
Give Cid head.

Is having morning Woodshop a good thing?

The Summoner of Leviathan
08-28-2005, 05:20 AM
Depends if you like waking up with one or not, and also what you have dreamt about. Considering those it can be annoying at times.

When is Canadian Thanksgiving this year?

SomethingBig
08-28-2005, 05:23 AM
Give Cid head.

Is having morning Wood a good thing?
Please read the opening post before replying. This goes for everyone else.

Question is still posed, as well as TSoL's.

Master Quan
08-28-2005, 10:57 AM
When is Canadian Thanksgiving this year?

The..same as..American thanksgiving? No, no seriously. oct 10th.

Sometimes they choose based on a) Whether you're online enough to do it, and b) Whether you're mature enough to take it seriously.

I think it may also belong to some other strange factors like, whether you use chat speak(the implication being, if you use it, they won't pick you).

Other than that, yeah...sexual services is the way to go.

Oh yeah, Who invented the telephone?

silverpigeon97
08-28-2005, 09:54 PM
Alexander graham Bell. What is up with Mitchs obsession with hasselhoff, im serious the guys scaring the /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif out of me.

udsuna
08-28-2005, 10:20 PM
I don't know. I don't know if he knows. Maybe he really IS hasslehoff, and this is a misguided attempt to respark his career?

Why is it that the withdrawel symptoms of most stimulants are exactly the same as their overdose symptoms?

Master Quan
08-28-2005, 10:22 PM
Alexander graham Bell.

Wrong.

Erased
08-28-2005, 10:44 PM
it's one of those lose/lose situations. Not fun.

Why does EoFF have such insane restrictions? (60 x 60 avatar? come on!)

udsuna
08-28-2005, 10:51 PM
Because bigger sigs/etc. take more bandwidth... and that costs more money to host. And we should show Cid respect and try not to eat up his money with stuff that stupid.

What question should I ask next?