PDA

View Full Version : Sig Creations

Lenna
08-25-2005, 10:15 AM
Right I have 2 ideas.

First Idea:

Whilst working on the Signature thread, I've seen many people come along asking for a sig then changing it next day, and constantly doing that, practically wasting some of our time.

My idea was, is it possible to have a minimal limit to how long you have to keep a requested sig for, such as a week minimal?

I can understand if someone gets a signature and they're not happy with it and they've stated that they're not happy with it, or they wish for it to be changed. But there are people who come and ask for one, use it for 2 seconds then ask for another one.

It's just an idea, to help us stop wasting time on those people you know?

Secondly.

I know there is a punishment for members who break the rule restrictions more than once. If they continue to break the restrictions they get their rights taken away from them.

As I've come across on the Signature forum, some people continually go over the limits even though they have been warned many times.

Now what if someone asked for a sig and had received one off this person, then had that sig removed, asked for another one and the same happened again.

What if the person with the sig requests got their rights taken away from them for the sig being over the limits?

Isn't it possible to remove the person "making the sigs" from the Sig Thread to prevent this from happening.

Make it like it is with the punishment for normal members. After a certain amount of times creating sigs that are over, remove them from the sig thread, or something :S

Anyone get where I'm coming from?

Old Manus
08-25-2005, 10:17 AM
*explodes*

MoonZapdos
08-25-2005, 10:29 AM
Hum... I agree. Maybe. But the punishment is a little high. A simple warn would be enough.

Lenna
08-25-2005, 10:47 AM
Hum... I agree. Maybe. But the punishment is a little high. A simple warn would be enough.

How is it high?

It'd be just the same as the people who "constantly" abuse the sig limits themselves.

After "continually" breaking the rules after about 3/4 warnings they get their rights removed. That's not harsh, or would you prefer constantly warning them and letting others get their rights removed for that person constantly going over?

It's not harsh at all. And when someone's sig gets removed "THAT IS A WARNING".

So how do you suppose we warn them otherwise?

Raistlin
08-25-2005, 01:20 PM
Why shouldn't people be able to change their sigs whenever they want, again?

If someone quickly stops using the sig you made for him, don't make another sig for him. Easy enough.

eestlinc
08-25-2005, 02:50 PM
I agree with Raistlin. Once you give something away, the recipient can do with the sig as they see fit. If people abuse your generosity, just stop giving it away to them.

In regards to serial "big sig makers", they aren't violating any rules. You only violate the sig rules when you put the signature on your account. It's the responsibility of the member using the sig to make sure it fits within the limits.

Strider
08-25-2005, 08:57 PM
How 'bout someone makes me a signature when I ask for it? Last two times I went in there, I got no love.

Shoot. :(

eestlinc
08-25-2005, 09:24 PM
but I like your sig, man.

Del Murder
08-26-2005, 03:22 AM
I agree with eest's two posts in this thread.

rubah
08-26-2005, 03:55 AM
ban everyone that makes big sigs.

That sounds plausible, really.

Leeza
08-26-2005, 07:19 AM
I have to agree with eest and ...I don't know who these people are anymore. Anyway, if you're making the sigs and you notice the same people making requests frequently, the simple solution is to not make them sigs if you don't want to.

We don't take sig rights away on a whim. They're all on a case by case basis and making a sig that is over the limits is not against the rules. Using it is though and as someone here has said, that is the responsibility of the account holder to make sure that it is within the limits.

Loony BoB
08-26-2005, 08:47 AM
I would have no problems with any member sending a polite PM explaining the sig limits to members who do are creating sigs for other people that are over the limits. So long as they're polite about it - remember, you're wanting to help them learn, not tell them off. Telling people off is our job.

As for people changing sigs really fast, I can't really see us being able to do anything about that, however if they are doing it on a regular basis than yeah, the best you can do is either let them know that it's rude to do so given the amount of time spent on such things or else just let all the sig-making types know about the person's antics.

Madonna
08-26-2005, 05:03 PM
Obviously, you need to create a Sig-makers Guild and create a list of members who are denied your service.

Obviously.

Raistlin
08-26-2005, 05:20 PM
And then you can have initiations and secret meetings and all that other cool stuff. You can try and buy a CK or admin to try and get rules made in your favor, and eventually take over the forum.

Man, why didn't I think of that?