PDA

View Full Version : I smurfing Rock !!!!

Dreddz
08-25-2005, 01:26 PM
Well, I just want to post this thread to recommend a certain site that I used and Im glad I did ( but hopfully sooner ).
Im on my 3rd PS2, my other two, were infected by Disc Read Errors, which are a kick up the backside. I phoned Sony, and they said they would replace the PS2, but it would cost £60. I was angry, but couldnt do anything, and I didnt want to spill £120 big ones. So I agreed. The same thing happened with my other, so I had to do teh same. I was on my 3rd PS2, and today. I tried to play ICO, and it said, shock, horror, DISC READ ERROR. I was so angry. I remeber looking at a site that said you can fix it by yourself. And well, I felt like I was being cheated by Sony. So I said to myself. Smurf Sony. Went downstairs. Printed the instructions out. Lay down. PS2 backside. Some Grapes and water to nutrition me. And away I went. At first, I was getting kinda worried. I did some very stupid things. I unscrewed 5 screws which werent meant to be undone. I pulled out the battery. And I dropped my screwdriver inside the machine. But I stayed to the plan. I noticed that a PS2 has alot og crap down it. There was hair, fluff and there was even toothpaste on the gears to the open tray. That was from when I put some on a broken copy of Soul Reaver 2 to see if it took away the scratches, it didnt and I had to buy a new copy *sigh*. Anywayz, I cleaned up inside. And then entered the real beast. I cleaned the laser first. Then went to the main cause. Which was some white Gear thing behind the laser. My Gear looked alot different from the one on the instructions. But they both did the same thing. I slowly turned the gear up a few notches. Then turned my PS2 on. The game worked. But went to teh browser before hand which always happened before. I finally, turned the Gear about 12 notches. I then turned the power on and everything worked like I just got the thing.
I was so happy, jumping around the room infact. Now ive got upstairs a fresh clean and more importantly, working PS2.
Well, Now ive got mixed feeling towards Sony. Sure, I love the PS2, the games, teh hardware, everything. But I dislike the way the cheat us out. And exploit us. So I dont favour Sony to anyone else now.
But thank god I fixed it. I was considering on buying an Xbox ( oh lord )

Anywayz, here the guide. I would kiss that mans shoes If i ever met him.....

http://www.tweak3d.net/articles/ps2repair/index.shtml

Old Manus
08-25-2005, 03:51 PM
OMG LIEK AVERTSING

MecaKane
08-25-2005, 04:41 PM
They don't cheat you.
Anyone who can rub two sticks together should be able to realize machines are fixable and that they can at least take it to a repair shop before getting a new one.

edczxcvbnm
08-25-2005, 04:51 PM
Sony cheats you by making the worlds /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.giftiest hardware. It has an insanly high defect rate. A known problem at that and they never fixed it. They never even tried in later models. They are just lazy scum.

MecaKane
08-25-2005, 05:11 PM
From what I've heard the later modeled PS2s were less vulnerable than first generation ones. Mine lasted 2 years in /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gifty, dusty, dog-hairy conditions before I had to get it fixed.

edit: I'm not saying it's a piece of technological wonder, but it's not the anti-christ in a box either.