PDA

View Full Version : Festival of the Hunt

Sasquatch
08-25-2005, 06:21 PM
Alright, I've had this game for years, and I've finally decided to pick it up. I'm not too far yet, just starting the Festival of the Hunt. But I can't beat the damn thing! I've tried about half a dozen times, and every time, Freya gets more and more points. (The first time I tried it, she got 147...last time she got 213.) There are no monsters left for me to fight, so I don't know how I'm supposed to get any more points.

Are there monsters hidden somewhere or something...or is Freya supposed to win? Because if it's possible for me to win, I'm gonna keep trying until I do.

Thanks y'all.

Necronopticous
08-25-2005, 06:25 PM
It's definately possible for you to win. In fact, it's even possible to make Vivi win. The game progresses either way, so it just depends on what you want to receive for your reward. You're probably missing the Zaghnol boss that spawns in the business district when the clock is under 4 minutes. Honestly, I think it's best to win with Freya anyway, since winning with Zidane just nets you some gil.

Sasquatch
08-25-2005, 06:30 PM
Damn, that was quick.

Does anything happen between Zidane and Dagger if he wins? Or Vivi and Dagger, if Vivi wins? What do you get, either way?

I'd imagine Freya joins my party anyway...

But thanks for mentioning that Zaghnol thing, I'll check it out.

Necronopticous
08-25-2005, 06:31 PM
Yeah, the best thing about Zaghnol is the stuff you can steal from him, beside that, just let Freya win.

Sasquatch
08-25-2005, 06:36 PM
Yessir, will do. How many points does he give?

EDIT: Stole Mythril Gloves, that's it. Good enough?

Kawaii Ryűkishi
08-25-2005, 07:13 PM
Nothing noteworthy happens story-wise regardless of who wins, meaning your preference should be based on the reward you get, in which case you should definitely let Freya win.

The other good item you can steal from the Zaghnol is the Needle Fork, which I believe you otherwise can't acquire until you get to Treno during Disc 2.

boys from the dwarf
08-25-2005, 07:53 PM
zidane gets 5000 gil.freya gets a coral ring which is useful against beatrix and worth more than 5000 gil(me thinks.).and if vivi wins you get the theatre ship card which as far as i know you can only get from the festival of the hunt(and its the easiest way to get it as far as i know.).i usually let zidane win for the money so i can get equipment but freyas is technically better but if your a card collector and player you must let vivi win.

Ichimonji
08-25-2005, 08:05 PM
zidane gets 5000 gil.freya gets a coral ring which is useful against beatrix and worth more than 5000 gil(me thinks.).and if vivi wins you get the theatre ship card which as far as i know you can only get from the festival of the hunt(and its the easiest way to get it as far as i know.).i usually let zidane win for the money so i can get equipment but freyas is technically better but if your a card collector and player you must let vivi win.

Actually, there's two more ways to get the Theatre Ship card. You can either obtain it from a certain Chocograph, or card battle Gilgamesh (The four-armed man) for it in Daguerreo. It's not very hard to obtain. So yeah, Freya is your best bet, since the next time you can get the Coral Ring is on the second disc. Unless of course, you really need the money for some reason, although I don't think that would be a problem.

Karl
08-26-2005, 01:48 AM
whoever u want to win its all about the zhangol fight, kill freya and zidane, if u want freya to win, just die with zidane, if u want zidane to win, basically kill like 4 monsters, not that hard, and then go for the zanghol and let zidane be the one to finish it off

boys from the dwarf
08-26-2005, 11:24 AM
for zidane to win make sure he deals the finishing blow to zagnohl(to make it easier kill freya.)to make freya win the easiest way is to kill yourself and for vivi to win in the zagnohl battle make sure freya dies before zidane then kill zidane.

Karl
08-29-2005, 07:14 AM
ok so i tried to kill the zhangol with freya, and it wouldnt let me, i did over 6,000 damage and it just wouldnt die, so im thinkin either zidane kills it or vivi wins