PDA

View Full Version : A question, and there will probably be spoilers

NoteThatIAmNonexistent
08-25-2005, 07:49 PM
Um... If there is a thread out there that will answer my question can you please direct me to it. I don't want to be angering anyone with my questions but...

Spoilers:

If in the beginning of Kingdom Hearts, the tutorial part, where the ominous voice/text tells Sora about how he will be the one to open the door. But this is before Riku goes to the Darkside, and if I remember correctly, isn't Riku supposed to be the true Keyblade wielder, and the dream is before it all happens... Well, how does that go? I mean, I'm probably wording it all wrong but, it would be nice if someone gave it a shot to tell me what the heck Square was thinking when doing all of that. It would be much appreciated...

Thank you for your time.

Mercen-X
08-25-2005, 11:01 PM
The ominous voice is King Mickey. My guess is that Sora's dream is like a preparational premonition of things to come. No one yet knew that Riku would follow the darkness, however, Sora's dream was much like a warning. Like I said, it was a dream of things to come.

Master Quan
08-25-2005, 11:13 PM
A spoiler is pretty much only useful IF YOU ACTUALLY SPOILER SOMETHING.

NoteThatIAmNonexistent
08-25-2005, 11:43 PM
I meant that if someone didn't know about Riku being the true Keyblade wielder... For the spoilers part, I mean...

And thanks, Mercen-X... Er... For not flaming me, or anything... And for the theories. If that's what you'll call them.

Thank you again.

SeeDRankLou
08-25-2005, 11:57 PM
Ok, if you were to be able to play Final Mix, there is an extra scene after Sora defeates Ansem-possessed-Riku. Riku is in this dark place, and King Mickey starts talking to him, telling Riku that he has been talking to Riku all of this time, but the darkness in Riku's heart was preventing Riku from hearing him. So I think King Mikey was trying to speak to Riku like he spoke to Sora, but Riku couldn't hear him because he was following the darkness in his heart. That's what I think at least.

OmniOmega
08-26-2005, 12:05 AM
since when is riku suppossed to be the true keyblade master?

NoteThatIAmNonexistent
08-26-2005, 12:14 AM
since when is riku suppossed to be the true keyblade master

Um... I dunno... After dying most likely a hundred times in Hallow Bastion and forgetting to save after I got Beast... I sort of have this idea that Riku was supposed to be where Sora is, but he chose the Darkside instead... So... yea... But that's what I got out of it... Sorry if I'm wrong.

Skyblade
08-26-2005, 12:20 AM
According to Jiminy's journal, Riku was the one who was originally to be selected by the Keyblade, but it chose Sora when Riku turned to darkness. But what does a cricket know about the workings of the Keyblade? Riku was able to call the Keyblade away from Sora, but Sora was able to call it back. Which one is the real one? Who knows. But by the end of KH and KH: CoM, it is clear that Sora is THE Keyblade master, not Riku.

OmniOmega
08-26-2005, 12:25 AM
thats what i thought. and w/ the riku stealing it thing, it just went to the strongest heart in the cosmos as i understood it, heck even goofy coulda had it if he had some crazy pimpin heart.

Ouch!
08-26-2005, 04:07 AM
If there's one thing we can see from the end of Kingdom Hearts, Another Side, Another Story, ASAS: Deep Dive, and the numerous KH2 trailers, it's that there are clearly multiple keyblade masters, just as there are clearly numerous keyblades, as many as seven if I'm counting correctly, though I'm betting on there being five of them.

Besides, the story the old woman told Kairi about the keyblades suggested that there were two different masters, the one who brought light, and the other who brought destruction and darkness. If Deep Dive can be any indication, Riku seems to get a keyblade of his own.

Master Quan
08-26-2005, 06:19 PM
I meant that if someone didn't know about Riku being the true Keyblade wielder... For the spoilers part, I mean...

And thanks, Mercen-X... Er... For not flaming me, or anything... And for the theories. If that's what you'll call them.

Thank you again.

No, you didn't spoiler anything. Do you honestly think I'm going to suddenly not be able to see the text below where you put spoiler?

THIS, is a spoiler.

OmniOmega
08-27-2005, 01:10 AM
ya, i thought Riku would end up getting his own keyblade, and i was about to mention what about mickeys blade??? so that questions answered

Skyblade
08-27-2005, 05:13 AM
There may be multiple keyblades, but there were in the original KHs too. Mickey had one, remember? Yet he was still looking for the Keyblade master, and Riku, Mickey, and the Organization recognize that Sora is the Keyblade master. I'm not sure how the other Keyblades fit in, but I'm really interested to find out.

Mercen-X
08-27-2005, 08:20 AM

Thank you again.

No, you didn't spoiler anything. Do you honestly think I'm going to suddenly not be able to see the text below where you put spoiler?

THIS, is a spoiler.
I presume he meant that if anyone didn't want to see spoilers, then they should just stay the hell out of this thread, Masterful Quan.

Tai-Ti
08-27-2005, 11:52 AM

Thank you again.

THIS, is a spoiler.
I presume he meant that if anyone didn't want to see spoilers, then they should just stay the hell out of this thread, Masterful Quan.
true, i think Master Quan was being a bit harsh, it was just a question, that might have spoiled sumfink 4 sum1!