PDA

View Full Version : iPod/iTunes Annoyance

Dr.K
08-25-2005, 09:54 PM
Apologies if someone's posted a thread like this before - I couldn't find any that had been.

Basically, whenever I import a load of songs by the same artist into iTunes, I filter though all of them making sure they have the same artist title, proper album name, a blank 'year' box etc. etc., the end result basically being they are fit to be put onto the iPod.
Despite this, after putting them onto the Pod, I get numerous duplicate entries when I scroll down the artist list e.g. If I put 6 songs by artist X onto the Pod, there will be 2 headers reading 'Artist X' and one will have 4 songs and the other will have 2, as opposed to the expected outcome of one 'Artist X' header containing the 6 songs by that artist.

Hope that made sense, I'll rephrase if it didn't. Anyone else had this? Can anyone remedy the situation?

MecaKane
08-25-2005, 10:10 PM
Are they part of two different albums by that artist?

Dr.K
08-25-2005, 10:18 PM
Sometimes are, sometimes not. Both my 'Dare' and 'Feel Good Inc' by Gorillaz share the same artist title, same album title and all other fields (year, genre etc.) are blank - yet they split up into two 'Gorillaz' headers.

EDIT: - Problem solved. Feel free to close.