PDA

View Full Version : The "ALL" Materia

Migitman
08-25-2005, 10:17 PM
Why is it that when I have a spell combined with All, I only get to have that spell hit all enemies once per battle. Is this because my All materia isn't mastered? Also, how do I get my characters to learn enemy skills from the Enemy Skill materia?

G SpOtZ
08-25-2005, 10:28 PM
all materia: you have one star, you'll use ALL one time per battle. 2 stars, twice per battle, and so on, until you master it, then you can either sell it for 1.4 million gil or use it for unlimited times per battle.

enemy skill: have it equipped on anybody. a monster has to use the enemy skill on the person who has it equipped for the materia to learn it. you can either wait for the monster to attack that character or manipulate the monster and control it to attack the character. make sure the character doesn't die from that attack.

Migitman
08-25-2005, 10:32 PM
Ok, thanks.

Fonzie
08-25-2005, 11:17 PM
You might want to get Big guard and white wind if you're looking for enemy skills.

Migitman
08-25-2005, 11:31 PM
What do those two skills do?
(Are summons the same as All hit magics? ! extra casting per battle)

Sepho
08-25-2005, 11:59 PM
Big Guard: Casts Barrier, MBarrier, and Haste on your entire party.

White Wind: Healing spell that restores half of your current HP and gets rid of any negative status effects.

To learn them, you have to have the Manipulate materia, since they're support spells and your enemies aren't going to willingly cast them on you. The easiest way to get White Wind is to Manipulate a Zemzelett, which you can find anywhere near the Condor or Junon areas. Mighty Guard can be learned by Manipulating Beachplugs found on the beach near Costa Del Sol. Mighty Guard is one of the more useful Enemy Skills, up there with Beta (if you get it early on). Beta is used by the Midgar Zolom (the big snake thing in the swamp near the Chocobo Ranch) when his HP gets low.

Summons hit all enemies and can be used once in battle times their materia level. If you've the materia up to level 2, for example, you can use the summon twice per battle.

Pouring Rain
08-26-2005, 12:11 AM
Ooh, this thread has helped me a lot too. I never understanded all this stuff.

soulICE
08-26-2005, 01:07 AM
White Wind: Healing spell that restores half of your current HP and gets rid of any negative status effects.

it actually restores HP equal to the amount of HP the caster has. ie, if Cloud with 5000 HP casts it, the entire party will be healed 5000 HP. its useful for everyone to have an enemy skill materia with white wind, so in a bind, anyone can be a good healer as long as their HP is high.

another great skill is Magic Hammer. learn this by manipulating the razor weed creatures around wutai. this skill allows you to steal/take 100MP from an enemy. until you have the ability to obtain lots of turbo ethers, this is a great skill to have.

another skill to learn while your around wutai is the death force skill. manipulate the giant tortoise on the beach area. this makes you immune to instant death, like the stab attack from a tonberry (not everyone's grudge) which appear in the battle arena sometimes.

there are some better skills too, but i wouldnt want to ramble on.

Migitman
08-26-2005, 01:16 AM
I assuma manipulate is a materia? Could someone tell me where I can get it(unless its a spoiler)

G SpOtZ
08-26-2005, 01:20 AM
comes with cait sith when you get him.

Migitman
08-26-2005, 01:22 AM
I dont like Cait Sith....

Mirage
08-26-2005, 01:45 AM
It still comes equipped on him, no matter how much you hate him.
And I believe you can only use all 5 times when it's mastered. Not unlimited. same goes for Mega All, Quadra Magic and a few other things.

G SpOtZ
08-26-2005, 04:54 AM
It still comes equipped on him, no matter how much you hate him.
And I believe you can only use all 5 times when it's mastered. Not unlimited. same goes for Mega All, Quadra Magic and a few other things.
that sucks. well if you master it, i suggest you sell it.1.4 mil gil mutha fudga.

Mirage
08-26-2005, 05:11 AM
Because you need gil for what endgame? But sure, just sell them and master a few Mega Alls instead.

Mercen-X
08-26-2005, 08:30 AM
That is unfortunately correct. The Mastered All materia will expire after five uses. But usually you won't have a use for five all spells anyway, especially with Big Guard, White Wind, L4 Suicide, L5 Death, Bad Breath, Matra Magic, Beta, Trine, Magic Breath, Aqualung, Slash-All/Flash, Ultima, and the summons.

Captain Maxx Power
08-26-2005, 11:41 AM
The one Materia...to rule them All!

...sorry.

Brian The Pink Shark
08-27-2005, 07:49 PM
I think it's the L1 button you can press to switch ALL to normal, but if your using the PC then i cant help you and i guess your screwed

also if your gonna get the white wind and big guard E.Skills i suggest you use a hypno crown(accesory) it increses you manipulation ratio

and how dare you say that about Cait Sith, he;s the greatest :choc: