PDA

View Full Version : Instant Potatoes!!!

Polyonymous
08-26-2005, 06:13 AM
I had some instant mashed potatoes for dinner today... they were... ok, I guess. Good for only having to add boiling water to some powder.

What other instant foods do you know of/eat/like to eat. Most instant foods probobly don't taste nearly as good as the... umm, real form of the food, but they are extreamly easy to make.
How bout, how often do you eat instant foods... hey, why don't we just make this thread about instant food in general.

kikimm
08-26-2005, 06:18 AM
I love instant potatoes. Man. Ramen is also excellent. I don't have instant food half as much I want, though. WHATEVER :(

Necronopticous
08-26-2005, 06:24 AM
Sapporo Ichiban ramen, A.K.A. ambrosia.

Del Murder
08-26-2005, 06:32 AM
Instant mashed potatoes are pretty good. I had them every day in college. I also like Au Gratin or however the hell you spell it.

Polyonymous
08-26-2005, 06:36 AM
When I was younger, I used to call them "a rotten potatoes" I didn't really like them. Though now I don't think they're too bad.

Silmaril
08-26-2005, 05:08 PM
I don't like potatoes. Are sandwiches instant food? I make them instantly.

Resha
08-26-2005, 05:10 PM
Boil 'em, mash 'em, stick 'em in a stew, yo!

Erased
08-26-2005, 05:16 PM
Boil 'em, mash 'em, stick 'em in a stew, yo!

AHHH!!!! OMG

Erm...

I like teh instant puddn. 'tis good. And Ramen.... I don't think that's instant.

Now taht's (http://www.magic.pepweb.nl/pictures/counte6e.jpg) a good instant. Food. For small children. With the BIG heads!

gokufusionss1
08-26-2005, 05:44 PM
everybody must eat smash or the aliens will laugh at us.

Captain Maxx Power
08-26-2005, 05:47 PM
Instant steak. Well, I basically find a cow, strangle it to death, and then consume.

boris no no
08-26-2005, 06:11 PM
instant hot chocolate??
i dunno
i loooooooooove mash <3 my fav food ever! but not the instant crap
>: (
REAL PO-TAT-OES

Polyonymous
08-26-2005, 06:22 PM
I would qualify anything that you can cook in the microwave, or that takes less than 4 minutes to prepare as being instant food.

Miriel
08-26-2005, 06:25 PM
Instant potatoes? You heathens.

Ageless_Bum
08-26-2005, 06:40 PM
I was raised on everything instant. Ecept for Bar-B-Q worthy items those were sacred. I now however like to make meals that take some time and taste better consequently.

Common instants: Raman, Potatoes, Pizza, Chicken strips, the list keeps going
You'd be surprised what I have eaten cooked from the microwave. Just so you know Microwaved scrambled eggs suck terribly!

Polyonymous
08-26-2005, 07:03 PM
Microwaved... scrambled eggs? That sounds like it wouldn't be any good, I don't think I would try it. Eggs are one of the things that seem like they just have to be cooked on the stove.
Has anybody ever had the frozen corn dogs? You can cook them in the microwave, and thats the only way I had ever eaten them untill about two weeks ago. My sister said that they taste better if you cook them in the oven, so I tried. I will never make them in the microwave again... unless on real short on time.

SomethingBig
08-26-2005, 08:38 PM
PO TA TOES (http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/taters.php)

Erased
08-26-2005, 08:50 PM
Don't click the above link! It's scary!

*shudders*

Instant hot cocoa is good....

Miriel
08-26-2005, 08:50 PM
PO TA TOES (http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/taters.php)
I sorta hate you now.

Erased
08-26-2005, 08:57 PM
My post warns against it... DO NOT CLICK THAT LINK.

I just thought of something.

You could have an... Instant meal! think about it, hot chocolate with mashed potatoes with a side course of ramen with a corndog for desert! How 'bout it?

Seymour_Guado_Goth
08-26-2005, 09:01 PM
My blood ^_^

Polyonymous
08-26-2005, 09:07 PM
That link was... uhh... interesting. Nothing horrible, I found myself smiling through it.

Instant meal, it would be possible. I mean... asside from the instant meals you can buy at the stores and just throw in the microwave, you could have all kinds of different instant meal combinations with all the different instant foods out there.

boris no no
08-26-2005, 09:10 PM
Microwaved... scrambled eggs? That sounds like it wouldn't be any good, I don't think I would try it. Eggs are one of the things that seem like they just have to be cooked on the stove.
Has anybody ever had the frozen corn dogs? You can cook them in the microwave, and thats the only way I had ever eaten them untill about two weeks ago. My sister said that they taste better if you cook them in the oven, so I tried. I will never make them in the microwave again... unless on real short on time.
i have scrambled eggs in the microwave...all the time. its so much easier ;______;

udsuna
08-26-2005, 09:54 PM
I would not have clicked that link, were it not for everyone telling me not to. Damn you all.

I go out and pick fruit around my house... that's instant food. And raspberries are really good.

Old Manus
08-26-2005, 10:27 PM
Pot Noodle

Drift
08-26-2005, 10:28 PM
i thought everything was instant food?

Mace o' Zeus
08-26-2005, 10:32 PM
anything that you can cook in the microwave, or that takes less than 4 minutes to prepare

Anyway, cereal, ramen, potatoes, and condensed soup are some of my favorite instant foods.

P.S. I'm a new member, just so ya know. ^_^