PDA

View Full Version : work it!

Darkmage
08-26-2005, 03:33 PM
im tryin to lose weight, anybody have any suggestions?

oh, and im starting a routine: dance in front of the CPU screen while listening to this: http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/workit.php

Use the edit button instead of double postin`. -kikimm...Kaley.

Old Manus
08-26-2005, 03:43 PM
skin yourself.

boris no no
08-26-2005, 03:46 PM
dont eat rubbish?

Meat Puppet
08-26-2005, 03:47 PM
DYN-O-MITE!

Dr.K
08-26-2005, 03:52 PM
Toss the fad diets - just exercise and don't eat after 8 :)

Psychotic
08-26-2005, 04:06 PM
Cut off a finger. Maybe two fingers if you want to lose even more weight.

Little Miss Awesome
08-26-2005, 04:09 PM
Eat cucumber, lots of cucumber :D It works, I think!

crashNUMBERS
08-26-2005, 04:12 PM
Work it!! I need a glass of Wat-ar. Boy oh boy, It's good to know ya'!! Is it worth it?? Lemme work it. I put my thang down flip it and reverse it!!

"Work It" -Missy Elliott

Erased
08-26-2005, 05:02 PM
Dance Dance Revolution
Running
Working out at the gym

Captain Maxx Power
08-26-2005, 05:46 PM
Either loss some mass or lower gravity around you. Those are the scientific methods.

bipper
08-26-2005, 05:52 PM
WHy can i see max power doing the (linked video) routine all day :p

pwered

Bipper
I wish i could do a sit up :(

crazybayman
08-26-2005, 05:55 PM
In your diet:
Cut back on carbs, but eat enough for fuel for your muscles.
Cut out as much fat as possible.
Cut out as much sugar as possible.
Eat lots of protein in the way of lean meat and fish.
Dairy - Drink lots of Skim Milk
Cut back drastically on junk, which falls under fat and sugar anyway.
Drink lots of water. Lots.

Exercise. (weight, cardio, sports, etc, no golf, bowling and croquet don't count as sports)

This is the best way to do it. Don't fall for retarded fad and crash diets.

Darkmage
08-26-2005, 06:10 PM
this sounds most reasonable thanks everyone!

Cloud No.9
08-26-2005, 06:12 PM
fruit, veg and water. no meat, added fat, meat substitutes, pre made food or meals, no rice, pasta, bread.

it's the diet i used before big competitions to drop a lot of weight. the lack of protein bites though.

boris no no
08-26-2005, 06:13 PM
OMG WILL YOU TURN INTO A GREMLIN????
http://www.shelikesdvds.com/rumorpics/gremlins.jpg

Cloud No.9
08-26-2005, 06:25 PM
that was 12. and when you eat makes no difference.

Miriel
08-26-2005, 06:29 PM
that was 12. and when you eat makes no difference.
It doesn't matter if you eat dinner at 5 or 10 or 4 in the morning. What matters is what time you eat in relation to what time you go to sleep. So if you sleep at 2 AM, it's fine to eat up to 3 hours prior to that. If you sleep at 10, then you shouldn't be eating after 7. Make sense?

Ageless_Bum
08-26-2005, 06:30 PM
Well Fat is your body's storage. Any form of energy (food) you consume, but do not use is turned into it. Something important to note is that you dont loose fat cells (short of lyposuction). You just deplete them. The singularly best thing you can do to loose weight is to be more active. If the calories you use up are more than the calories you consume, your body will have to grab the needed fuel from somewhere (IE fat). Make sure you eat plenty of proteins (the lean meats stated above) because your body cant get these from fat. And I stess this majorly DONT CUT CARBS ALL TOGETHER. This is terrible for your body. In theroy (mind you its just theory) you can eat what you want as long as you are active enough to use up the calories it represents.

As for what to do. Aerobic and anaerobic cardiovascular workouts are the best, bar none, to deplete fat. This means getting your heart to a target rate (dependent on person to person basis) and keeping it there for an extended period of time. Aerobic would be like jogging, Anaerobic would be like swimming.

It is also important to note that "loosing" fat is not the only thing most people really want to do. When people think of getting in shape they also mean sculpting their body. As far as this goes, for a bulked look, use weights. Higher weights with fewer reps to "Grow" larger muscles. Smaller weight at more reps to define muscle.

All that previously stated info (that we have all heard a million times before) aside. If you want a toned but not large look then I suggest aerobics with light weights (and aerobics are not just for women). If the bulked up look, then A cardio workout followed by heavy weights (with heavy weights start small and work your way up. Gradually find your desired weight usages).

This is just some info from my experiences

MoonsEcho
08-26-2005, 07:23 PM
Ageless_Bum is right. You don't have to go on those silly no-carb diets or any of the others, you just need to be active and get some form of exercise every day. Of course, eat sensibly. Everything in moderation. :)