PDA

View Full Version : Zanarkand makes me feel sad

Chris
08-26-2005, 03:45 PM
Whenever someone mentions Zanarkand in the game, I feel a little sad. Hmm, its a little strange or is it? I do however, regardlessly, feel a little sad when it's mentioned. Am I the only who who feels this way?

Cruise Control
08-26-2005, 03:52 PM
Have you gotten to Al Bhed Home yet?

Chris
08-26-2005, 03:53 PM
Have you gotten to Al Bhed Home yet?
No. :upsidedow

Cruise Control
08-26-2005, 03:58 PM
*cough*spoilers*cough* Your sad for a good reason.

iluvtetsuya
08-26-2005, 04:48 PM
Zanarkand is sad and it also sounds sad(it's name) boohoo...that reminds me of the ending.

ILoveTheYellowChicken
08-26-2005, 10:01 PM
maby ur a Zanarkandian and have ur memory whiped and one part of you mind is crying becuase you miss your home? maby? I wish i was Zanarkandian :cry: If i had one wish id wish Spira was a real place :D INCLUDING BLITZBALL THAT WOULD BE SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO AWESOME :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

SeeDRankLou
08-26-2005, 10:07 PM
If you feel sad when they mention it then you are picking up on some foreshadowing that not everyone sees during the first playthrough. Good job. :D

Tai-Ti
08-27-2005, 09:32 AM
I didnt really c Zanarkand as a sad place, ever, even as the story panned out, but i can understand how a person can feel that way, especialy towards the ending.

crashNUMBERS
08-27-2005, 08:37 PM
Not really..But it does show quite a sad setting...

Yuna Braska 19
08-28-2005, 08:12 PM
Yeah, so many people die there...
Makes me sad...
:(

KH-Cloudy
09-11-2005, 05:32 AM
Zanarkand is so sad...Its like the beginning...But how does Tidus survive..Iknow one reason...Hes a living sprirt...

deathtrooper
10-03-2005, 09:13 PM
ARGHHH spoiler alert spoiler!
you have crushed the dreams of young gamer!
and zanarkand makes me lonley, sad, and hungry....

yojimbo_man
10-06-2005, 10:42 AM
tidus actually dies at zanerkand as well hes a dream of the faith

ffxfreak93
10-11-2005, 04:13 AM
i am going to spoil it you think i would tell you people who suck at the game

Nod
10-11-2005, 11:17 PM
Yup, zanarkand makes me feel sad, even when its mentioned in RL; but thats mainly because it makes me nostalgic for the time I spent playing FFX.

HunterFlamebrow
10-11-2005, 11:59 PM
God, can't believe no one has mentioned that "To Zanarkand" is also one of the most touching, nostalgic themes Uematsu has written. So beautiful . . .

(in case you didn't know -- shame on you! -- "To Zanarkand" is the solo piano piece that plays during the "this is my story" scene at the beginning)

xX.Silver.Wings.Xx
10-14-2005, 01:58 PM
Two things!!!!!

1)

God, can't believe no one has mentioned that "To Zanarkand" is also one of the most touching, nostalgic themes Uematsu has written. So beautiful . . .

(in case you didn't know -- shame on you! -- "To Zanarkand" is the solo piano piece that plays during the "this is my story" scene at the beginning)

I totally agree. the final Fantasy X OST is by far the best ever made.

2)

Whenever someone mentions Zanarkand in the game, I feel a little sad. Hmm, its a little strange or is it? I do however, regardlessly, feel a little sad when it's mentioned. Am I the only who who feels this way?

When you get to Al Bhed Home you will understand why Zanarkand is so sad. Don't look it up or anything its best to see it yourself first. Just make sure you have a box of tissues with ya..........*sniff*..........
Just put that on top of the fact that tonsa people died there and thats why its sad.

Pouring Rain
10-16-2005, 07:02 PM
Zanarkand is sad. Well, to see such a beautiful place get destroyed, I would think it would make ya feel sad. Again, the Al Bhed's Home is also sad, because it left too. I didn't cry though. My cousin did with the attack to Kilika. Anyway, I wuv teh music

FFVIII Fan
10-16-2005, 11:28 PM
i personally felt sad going through zanarkand, why this was differant fro other places like the massacre's in kilika and the al bhed home was mainly down to the musical score in my opinion, a fleeting dream is probably the sadest song ive evr heard in my life, and the settings an layout of zanarkand gave out an emotional feel. good topic:)

xX.Silver.Wings.Xx
10-17-2005, 07:43 PM
Zanarkand is sad. Well, to see such a beautiful place get destroyed, I would think it would make ya feel sad.

I think they should do a disk, not neccesarily a game but they should make a disk where you can wander around places like the pre-Sin Zanarkand and The layout of Balamb Garden (you cant teach a school in just 1 room!!!!!! add an extra floor or something.) maybe a pre-flood Baaj Temple or something. Something that lets you walk around the places that you didn't couldn't get the chance to explore. I Doubt it would ever happen though. They could make a Final Fantasy where you can choose a party of existing characters and FFVII - FFX locations..... "Final Fantasy: Reunion"?

GunbladeMaster
10-17-2005, 07:46 PM
that would ruin the suspense and interest tho

Pouring Rain
10-17-2005, 09:00 PM
Lol

Venom
10-17-2005, 09:29 PM
Zanarkand say mean word, make me sad:cry: