PDA

View Full Version : The official EoFF CD!

theundeadhero
08-26-2005, 04:15 PM
What do you think about making a new EOFF CD? With so many people it would be hard to choose who gets a song but we could just have staff members pick a song to put on the CD, and possibly certain other people. We would need a volunteer to make the CDs. I would do it myself but can't with where I'm at. I'm willing to front the money needed to buy the burnable CDs at first and send it to the volunteer via paypal. Then we could just charge the cost of the CD and postage. With so many good artist here we could get an interesting cover made. What do you think, staffers?

---

<B>Edit by Necronopticous:</B>

I'll going to be putting the CD together and distributing the copies.

If you have a song that you've made yourself, whether it's instrumental, karaoke, acapella, or a whole original song that you want to be on the compilation send it to me via AIM, MSN, or of course, E-Mail:

AIM - Pretty Pixelist
MSN - necronopticous@gmail.com
E-Mail - necronopticous@gmail.com

Please send the files in MP3 format, or if you don't know how to convert it to MP3, you can just send the WAV, or whatever you have and I'll convert it for you.

Since there is only a limited amount of space on a CD, I am asking for each member who wants to submit a song to choose only one song.

Psychotic
08-26-2005, 04:20 PM
You don't really need the staff's approval to do something like that, y'know, unless you really love the word "OFFICIAL" stamped over the CD in red ink.

crashNUMBERS
08-26-2005, 04:23 PM
Wait. What?? I saw the songs of the old one but like..Im confused. You buy the CD?? Or is it free??

Rye
08-26-2005, 04:32 PM
You don't really need the staff's approval to do something like that, y'know, unless you really love the word "OFFICIAL" stamped over the CD in red ink.

Yup.

I think it's a wonderful idea. I didn't know there was a real EoFF CD in the first place, must be a super oldbie thing, like from 4+ years ago. :)

Agent Proto
08-26-2005, 04:35 PM
The money for the purchase of an EoFF CD can go towards to supporting the server.

Meat Puppet
08-26-2005, 04:37 PM
what if you get sued

Laugh at face of Danger
08-26-2005, 04:41 PM
I like the idea, but i can't sing

maybe we could get some of the talented artists to make the covers and such!

Chris
08-26-2005, 04:47 PM
I'd love to contribute with a song; lately my voice hasn't been so good, I've had several of problems with my throat in recent times (I even got a surgery last year) but I just got back my entire voice! :love:

Rye
08-26-2005, 05:07 PM
The cover idea is pretty cool. :)

eestlinc
08-26-2005, 05:08 PM
I'd put it together except it'd be only <s>Bruckner</s> songs I like.

Necronopticous
08-26-2005, 05:08 PM
I'll make the CDs and distribute them.

If you have a song that you've made yourself, whether it's instrumental, karaoke, acapella, or a whole original song that you want to be on the compilation send it to me via AIM or MSN:

AIM - MezzoCarrattere
MSN - necronopticous@gmail.com

Please send the files in MP3 format, or if you don't know how to convert it to MP3, you can just send the WAV, or whatever you have and I'll convert it for you.

theundeadhero
08-26-2005, 06:24 PM
The idea is to pick a song you like to put on the CD, or your own song if you have one.

The money for the purchase of an EoFF CD can go towards to supporting the server.

/what if you get suedThe only money made would be charging for the price of the burnable CD and then shipping. Any profits off this and we couldget sued. We're not selling the songs. Just the burnable CD and postage.

You don't really need the staff's approval to do something like that, y'know, unless you really love the word "OFFICIAL" stamped over the CD in red ink.I would like it to be made an official EOFF CD, though the red OFFICIAL doesn't need to be on it. Unless you want it to be there Psypants.

Wait. What?? I saw the songs of the old one but like..Im confused. You buy the CD?? Or is it free??It would cost like $3.00 to cover the CD and postage.

I didn't know there was a real EoFF CD in the first place, must be a super oldbie thing, like from 4+ years ago.It was.

I'd put it together except it'd be only Bruckner songs I like.
Submit your favorite Bruckner song.

I guess we're to the point of people submitting songs they would want to represent them. For me:

theundeadhero: Anti-Flag~Sold as Freedom.

It's track 4 on The Terror State CD. I don't readily have a copy of the MP3 but I'm sure one could be found on the internet.

Shoeberto
08-26-2005, 06:28 PM
See, your logic almost works alright on us not getting sued, in that we're not getting money for the songs, but then we're just distributing licensed songs for free. Which is highly illegal.

On the other hand, I think it'd be a great idea to have a community-made CD. Like, original works. Covers of songs, remixes, etc. That would keep us out of any hot water.

Rye
08-26-2005, 06:42 PM
See, your logic almost works alright on us not getting sued, in that we're not getting money for the songs, but then we're just distributing licensed songs for free. Which is highly illegal.

On the other hand, I think it'd be a great idea to have a community-made CD. Like, original works. Covers of songs, remixes, etc. That would keep us out of any hot water.

Would those remix songs that EoFF had with the other .mp3s, would those be able to go on the CD? Those were pretty nice.

Shoeberto
08-26-2005, 06:46 PM
Would those remix songs that EoFF had with the other .mp3s, would those be able to go on the CD? Those were pretty nice.
Yeah, I'm almost positive those would be fine. Places like OCRemix haven't (as far as I know) had any legal problems, and they're a well known repository of video game remixes.

Necronopticous
08-26-2005, 06:47 PM
I like the idea of a pure EoFF-member made songs CD more.

I'll include the previously unreleased version of me singing La Aria Di Mezzo Carattere.

Rye
08-26-2005, 06:54 PM
I'd like to try to sing Melodies of Life for it. :) I'll try hard to pull off the whole song. If I can't, I may try Eyes on Me as that's a shorter song.

theundeadhero
08-26-2005, 07:14 PM
That leaves me out playing something on my guitar due to no way to recording it. I can still do the rest, though.

EDIT: I might be able to work some magic.

Maybe in a day or so we should make an announcement seeking people to submit some songs? Have them view this thread or PM me if interested. If possible I definately want to write a song and play on my guitar.

eestlinc
08-26-2005, 07:35 PM
You can put my string trio on it!

Necronopticous
08-26-2005, 07:43 PM
[s]I definately want to write a song and play on my guitar.I also want your Four Heroes song, there's no way I'm making an Eyes on Final Fantasy CD without that.

Madonna
08-26-2005, 08:15 PM
You'll include Bleys' EoFF rap, I hope.

crashNUMBERS
08-26-2005, 08:36 PM
wtf he rapped?? I gotta hear this!!

-N-
08-26-2005, 09:26 PM
I WILL SO MAKE AN EOFF PLAYLIST OH GOD PLEASE I AM A RADIO DJ I LIVE FOR THESE THINGS

Oh I see Necro has already taken charge. :\ No matter; Jermeh, please ask for my help - I'd love to contribute towards something like that. PLEASE??? :D

Raistlin
08-26-2005, 09:40 PM
You'll include Bleys' EoFF rap, I hope.
...That was awful.

Necronopticous
08-26-2005, 09:41 PM
So far I've received:

nothing. http://demented3d.com/nissen/upload/emote/pink/cry.gif

crashNUMBERS
08-26-2005, 10:15 PM
Bleys rapping?? C'mon. Someone send me it!!

Old Manus
08-26-2005, 10:39 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v491/oldmanus/eofffactor.png

Necronopticous
08-27-2005, 12:45 AM
I am now in possession of the famous Bleys "Eyes on Intro" rap.

1:43 of pure goodness that will most certainly be going on the CD.

GooeyToast
08-27-2005, 12:50 AM
C'mon Mitch, we're all just dying to hear your stuff.

Rye
08-27-2005, 01:27 AM
Please include some Battle of the Britney songs? I don't want my BotB song on it, but Nait's Oops I Did It Again and BoB's Touch Of My Hand covers are gold. :)

Btw, undead, if you plug headphones into a certain part of the computer, they can record things like a microphone. So you can record it. :D

And there should be an EoFF contest for the cover of the CD. Like, who can design the best cover for it? :D

Shlup
08-27-2005, 02:35 AM
I submitted a few, including Nait's "Oops." :D

Raven Nox
08-27-2005, 08:56 AM
*would sing for it, but is terrible at writing songs/creating background music and junk*

But, a CD is not a bad idea, I'd like to hear it. I can only imagine how long it would take to get people to actually make songs for it though.

theundeadhero
08-27-2005, 08:59 AM
I wrote a song on my guitar last night and came up with some lyrics to it. I need to peace together a guitar solo which should be done by the end of the day. After that I'll practice alittle bit, hopefully record it, and then send it straight to you :)

Loony BoB
08-27-2005, 10:15 AM
You'll have to have:

<!--Kawaii Ryûkishi - Rhymes With Spoon (http://www.eyesonff.com/BoB/rhymeswithspoon.wav)
Squeegee - Chicky (http://www.eyesonff.com/BoB/chicky.mp3)
Murd & Kiro - Without Spam (http://www.eyesonff.com/BoB/without_spam.mp3) (lyrics by Del Murder, vocals by Kirobaito)-->http://demented3d.com/nissen/upload/emote/pink/indifferent.gif -Necronopticous

The member formerly known as Rydia of Mist's version of Cruel Angel's Thesis would also be great. For newer members, I would say she's (er, he's...) arguably the best singer to have graced EoFF, alongside Lenna. That's my opinion, anyway. If anyone wants these files, just IM me.

Old Manus
08-27-2005, 10:16 AM
Somebody has to do a take on the crazy frog.

Loony BoB
08-27-2005, 10:18 AM
Somebody has to do a take on the crazy frog.
Someone we won't miss.

Mitch
08-27-2005, 10:29 AM
Mitch - Barbie Girl

Drift
08-27-2005, 11:48 AM
i'm so recording me singing Linkin Park now xDDD "Bonus Track, The untalented one:..." xD

Shoeberto
08-27-2005, 05:41 PM
I woud love to make an electronic mix for the fora, but I have this feeling time won't permit. I'll get working on it, but I'll probably give up halfway xD

Necronopticous
08-27-2005, 06:28 PM
Well, the CD is coming along quite nicely. There is still plenty of room, please continue to submit your songs if you haven't already.

In other news, Rye had a really great idea with the cover art. I will now also be accepting submissions for a chance to appear on the cover of the first official Eyes on Final Fantasy CD. Please make sure your images are 300 DPI and large enough to print, without enlargement, to fill a common CD insert.

Let's keep the submissions coming!

Madonna
08-27-2005, 06:45 PM
Quuuuuuuuestion. Is the CD going to be a normal track CD with as many songs as we can fit onto it, or would it not be a bad idea to make it a mp3 CD? I mean, if we're geeky enough to want a CD complilation of songs from members of EoFF, is a mp3 CD a bad idea? We could get more songs on it and everyone could play it on their computer, at least.

Of course, not everyone has a portable mp3 CD player, so I can understand if it's going to be a simple CD.

Necronopticous
08-27-2005, 07:33 PM
They're going to be 80 minute audio CDs.

Lindy
08-27-2005, 07:39 PM
I have one of Nait's old poems.

(Along with an MP3 of him stating "MAY YOUR SEX LIFE BE FULL OF ANNOYING INTERRUPTIONS")

But I doubt that'd be appropriate.

Maybe as an interlude.

oman, I should totally make a ytmnd of the latter.

Rye
08-27-2005, 09:23 PM
I'll try to make an EoFF CD cover. :)

theundeadhero
08-27-2005, 09:23 PM
If you really want 4 heroes on it, then maybe it cold be like the hidden track at the end of the CD. Let's get a list of everything that's been submitted so far, and also one of people who seemed interested but haven't done much yet.

Should we put a deadline on this to motivate the truly interested people to get it down? Recommendations on how long?

Dreddz
08-27-2005, 09:31 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v491/oldmanus/eofffactor.png
lol

Necronopticous
08-27-2005, 09:32 PM
I'm going to be semi-secretive about the actual track list until the CD is actually out. Go ahead and send me 4 Heroes and also the new one you're making now, we'll make it happen.

As for a deadline, I want to give the members enough time to get their submissions in, so I definately won't stop accepting entries until well into September, at least.

Chris
08-27-2005, 09:35 PM
How do you go about remastering the songs? You'd probably want to achieve the best sound possible?

theundeadhero
08-27-2005, 09:47 PM
*waits for opportunity to record song cause he's too shy to sing in front of three other soldiers* It's an EOFF Masterpiece though. I can't wait for you to hear it.

Necronopticous
08-27-2005, 10:00 PM
He was both a scholar and a king of the dance floor.

nik0tine
08-27-2005, 11:52 PM
I would REALLY REALLY REALLY love to record a Bach track on my bass and submit it. However, I do not have a recording program so I don't know if it is possible. When would the deadline for submitting songs be? Please make it a really long time so I can partake in this.

Shoeberto
08-28-2005, 12:33 AM
If anyone needs a really good audio program, I recommend Audacity. (http://audacity.sourceforge.net/) It's completely free and is a very powerful audio production program.

Necronopticous
08-28-2005, 12:34 AM
I second that recommendation.

Kirobaito
08-28-2005, 01:01 AM
I am currently waiting for feedback on the songs that I have submitted to decide which one to submit to this CD.

EDIT: Though you could use my performance of "Without Spam" for the last elections.

Ryth
08-28-2005, 01:11 AM
Cover: Bley's crotch

And someone should recite those Polo-Ponies ballads thing I read about on Wiki that Sephex and edxbkff-flupper--ppppfffttt, ed made. i'd like to hear that.

§håd0w
08-28-2005, 01:14 AM
Mitch - Barbie Girl

Aqua did that :D

nik0tine
08-28-2005, 01:17 AM
If anyone needs a really good audio program, I recommend Audacity. (http://audacity.sourceforge.net/) It's completely free and is a very powerful audio production program.
But how do I use it? Don't I need a soundcard, or some kind of hardware devices to record?

Shoeberto
08-28-2005, 01:48 AM
But how do I use it? Don't I need a soundcard, or some kind of hardware devices to record?
I'd imagine that most computers have sound cards. Check the back of your computer for audio ports.

Other than that, you'll need a microphone that can plug in to your mic line, which just means that it has to have an 1/8" inch audio connector at the end.

Shlup
08-28-2005, 03:08 AM
Cover: Bley's crotch
I think there'll be enough of members who don't post anymore in the CD.

Samuraid
08-28-2005, 03:25 AM
Does it have to be an FF related song or can it be anything? I don't have any good recording equipment around the house at the moment, but I would love to submit an older song or maybe record some piano FF music at the studio and send that along. :)

Necronopticous
08-28-2005, 03:46 AM
It doesn't have to be a Final Fantasy related song, it can be any song that you're involved in. I suppose it doesn't even have to be a song if it's classy enough.

theundeadhero
08-28-2005, 09:25 AM
Let's set the deadline to the first day of Fall. That sounds like a good release date.

To record I use the default sound recorder that comes with the computer than get a .wav to .mp3 converter off the internet.

Maybe anyone who already knows they want a CD should PM me so that when it's time to release we have a better idea of how many CDs we'll need. Sort or like pre-ordering but without paying yet. Of course, some extra copies will be made.

Zante
08-28-2005, 09:39 AM
This (http://www.forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?t=52215&highlight=eyeson) realy needs to be included, imho. :D

Loony BoB
08-28-2005, 10:15 AM
This (http://www.forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?t=52215&highlight=eyeson) realy needs to be included, imho. :D
Get singing and recording then, mate. :D

Zante
08-28-2005, 10:51 AM
Get singing and recording then, mate.

Nah, don't have the voice for that. :p

Rye
08-28-2005, 01:30 PM
Let's set the deadline to the first day of Fall. That sounds like a good release date.

To record I use the default sound recorder that comes with the computer than get a .wav to .mp3 converter off the internet.

Maybe anyone who already knows they want a CD should PM me so that when it's time to release we have a better idea of how many CDs we'll need. Sort or like pre-ordering but without paying yet. Of course, some extra copies will be made.

September 22nd? That's okay for me. Gives me lots of time. :D

Btw, what would the measurements of a CD cover be? I tried 14 cm by 12 cm. And what's the second font used in the EoFF banners? The non Annifont one?

Necronopticous
08-28-2005, 04:31 PM
300 DPI, 5" x 5"

Madonna
08-28-2005, 07:02 PM
Cases considered, is there a need to do art for the back?

And I was working with 4.75" x 4.75". XD

Necronopticous
08-28-2005, 07:06 PM
Nah, just a cover.

eestlinc
08-28-2005, 07:13 PM
I'll send you my string trio. It's 8 minutes long. Hope that's ok.

Necronopticous
08-28-2005, 07:14 PM
Of course it's okay.

Since many people seem to be confused about the size the CD cover art must be, I've included a blank 300 DPI 5" x 5" canvas to work on in whatever program you choose.

<A href="http://demented3d.com/nissen/upload/eoff_cd_cover_blank.jpg">Right click and save as</A>

Also, It would be best if you sent me an uncompressed TIFF of the finished cover you make.

eestlinc
08-28-2005, 07:23 PM
excellent!

Necronopticous
08-28-2005, 07:26 PM
What do you want it titled? Is "String Trio" okay?

eestlinc
08-28-2005, 08:31 PM
yea, that' the title.

String Trio by Brendan McNamara (eestlinc) composed 2002.

Necronopticous
08-28-2005, 08:32 PM
It's great, it's definately going on the CD.

eestlinc
08-28-2005, 08:37 PM
awesome, glad you like it. :love:

bennator
08-28-2005, 10:20 PM
I think this should be the art

Del Murder
08-28-2005, 10:41 PM
I would love to see someone try and do Del Murder's Eyeson. I wonder how much time it would take.

theundeadhero
08-28-2005, 11:01 PM
*Song being sent as I type* :xD:

At one part I laugh a little bit because these two Sergeant First Class guys walked in while I was recording and gave me a look that could kill :p

Kirobaito
08-28-2005, 11:14 PM
I would love to see someone try and do Del Murder's Eyeson. I wonder how much time it would take.
I will consider giving it a shot. I already butchered up Without Spam, so why not try doing it again.

Shlup
08-28-2005, 11:15 PM
*practices her song* :D

-N-
08-29-2005, 02:30 AM
I will consider giving it a shot. I already butchered up Without Spam, so why not try doing it again.I could rap it, but not sing it. :\

I have a random electronic mix I created a couple years back that sounds really creepy and happy. I suppose I could send that. *emails*

Sephex
08-29-2005, 04:20 AM
Should I ask edczxcvbnm if we can contribute "popcorn" to the CD? edczxcvbnm sang and played keyboards and I "played' the guitar.

http://www.geocities.com/sephex018/popcorn2.wav

eestlinc
08-29-2005, 04:22 AM
poly ponys!

theundeadhero
08-29-2005, 05:41 AM
I'm having problems sending my file. I think it's cause of the crappy internet I have to use. When I try to attach it to a yahoo messege it goes to the loading attachment screen and the little internet bar at the bottom of the page will get all the way loaded, the little information bar at the bottom of the internet will say done, but the yahoo thing still says laoding attachment and it gets stuck there.

When I try to upload it to my webspace the whole thing will load, and then it will change to go to the file loaded screen, but then it comes up with a "the page cannot be displayed" messege. When you try to refresh it it loses the uploaded file.

-N-
08-29-2005, 06:03 AM
PM me your email, and I'll invite you to Gmail. :p

Behold the Void
08-29-2005, 06:43 AM
Someone HAS to do Del Murder's Eyeson.

I might try to do something with my sister, not sure how well it'll go but worth a shot.

Calliope
08-29-2005, 07:48 AM
Mikztsu x Eestlinc x Kalen - The Hail Bruckner Song Thingee
Squeegee - The Chickencha Song
Towns x Dan - That song that they sing. Not washim something. Um. I BELIEVE I CAN FLY.
C2K and company - Cackstreet Something!
Sephex x Ed - Everything by the Poly Ponys omg <3!!!
But The Poncho - Hey, that guys in a band. Doesn't he have a song thing, or shouldn't he play something and Amanda can randomly sing over it?

Tony, the only one who could do DMEO would be you. Idiot.

Hm.

Rye
08-29-2005, 04:45 PM
I would be greatly pleased, and I'm sure the rest of EoFF would too, if someone sang Japanese Boy. Preferably a guy. xD

theundeadhero
08-29-2005, 05:31 PM
Song is sent :)

Drift
08-29-2005, 05:53 PM
give me two days! and i shall have sung The Scientist by Coldplay!!!
please wait!

The Jamie Star Scenario
08-29-2005, 06:01 PM
Are you going to set up a torrent for this CD?

Bomber
08-29-2005, 07:27 PM
Well, I think a lot of people in chat have heard my (somewhat crappy) rendition of "real Emotion". I have instrumental tracks for all the love themes for FF's 8-10 & 10-2, so I could just record my own vocal arrangements. It would be different, having a male lead on female songs.

Side note: I'm still looking for an instrumental or English karaoke version of "Hikari/Simple and Clean"...if such a thing exists...

Max
08-31-2005, 03:26 AM
Are we going to use the eoff factor art? Cause if we arent i will make somthing. :)

Necronopticous
08-31-2005, 03:57 AM
I'm taking submissions for the cover art to the CD.

Max
08-31-2005, 04:01 AM
okie i will get workin on that. Im gettin Photoshop tommorow. :)

Cid
09-01-2005, 06:51 AM
I want to think of a song to put on dere.

Behold the Void
09-01-2005, 07:58 AM
Which means nobody closes this until Cid's put something on.

Bomber
09-01-2005, 08:01 AM
How long do we have to make submissions?

-N-
09-01-2005, 08:01 AM
Which means nobody closes this until Cid's put something on.Gives me more time to buy that glossy paper for the CD cover. :D

udsuna
09-01-2005, 09:18 AM
Will this CD come with neat extras that you can access on the computer? Beyond that, I'd like to help make the cover... I'm not much for actually drawing FF images, but I'm well-versed in a lot of design theory. Stuff like focus points. I'd just like to consult on that, if anyone feels like throwing the rest of the stuff together.

theundeadhero
09-01-2005, 09:56 AM
Necronopticous

Just send me a PM with your paypal account and let me know how much to send and I'll get it done right away. I'm not sure how much is enough since I don't know how many CDs we'll need and everything, but whatever it is I can have it sent as soon as I get the PM. No amount is too much.

Cuchulainn
09-01-2005, 08:59 PM
I am willing to pose naked for the album cover.

boris no no
09-01-2005, 09:22 PM
so i have not been reading this thread..
so i shall ask...
zuh???
whats it all about?

Necronopticous
09-01-2005, 09:27 PM
Necronopticous

Just send me a PM with your paypal account and let me know how much to send and I'll get it done right away. I'm not sure how much is enough since I don't know how many CDs we'll need and everything, but whatever it is I can have it sent as soon as I get the PM. No amount is too much.Don't worry about it, I'm going to take care of the CD costs, and I'm not charging for labor. As far as I know, Neel will be taking care of the paper and printing costs. The only thing I'm ever going to ask for in this process is the exact amount it takes to buy a padded envelope and ship it to the mailbox of each purchaser. I'm still not exactly sure how much that's going to be, but I'll let you know as soon as I am.

Madonna
09-02-2005, 12:58 AM
I believe the post office (in the US, at least) charges based on weight, what little additions you want (insurance, tracking, etc), and priority. It's probably not possible for you, but my dad has a scale and does his postage online with Stamps (http://www.stamps.com/welcome/). Sadly a handy thing we don't have our disposal. :\

And it's gonna cost more to send overseas (but that was obvious.). Maybe charge a tiny bit extra for stateside postage so we can lower costs for the members in different countries?

Bomber
09-02-2005, 01:37 AM
How long do we have to make submissions?
I never did get an answer. Surely we don't have until the end of eternity to submit our stuff...

Madonna
09-02-2005, 01:40 AM
I think it's safe to assume a week, at least, or until Cid contributes to the CD.

theundeadhero
09-02-2005, 10:15 AM
The deadline was set for the first day of Fall. We can extended if Cid needs more time, but that's what it's looking like right now.

udsuna
09-02-2005, 11:46 AM
And it's gonna cost more to send overseas (but that was obvious.). Maybe charge a tiny bit extra for stateside postage so we can lower costs for the members in different countries?

Or we could have some members from other countries make the CDs there. It should at least eliminate ocean transport, and will certainly limit nation-hoping.

Pheesh
09-08-2005, 08:14 AM
hey, i do a pretty mean cover of 'aint to proud to beg' by the temptations.

Peace out and :rock:
EE

Cid
09-08-2005, 08:17 AM
You can finalize it when you're ready. I can't think of a song lately.

§håd0w
09-08-2005, 09:50 PM
Among The Fallen - Damnation

That's the band I was in before the others went to college and I left the country. So it's doubtful that anyone other than me has the mp3's unless someone downloaded before the site was taken down.

Takara
09-09-2005, 12:13 AM
Meh, I'll try to see if I can get a microphone somewhere, and find a song I can actually SING right.

Little Miss Awesome
09-11-2005, 01:58 PM
That song with Leonardo DiCaprio's voice in :love:
Or seriously, how about a vote or something on a favourite song and that could be put on or something like that? To keep everyone happy :D
And a remixed newbie thing by Citizen Bleys :p

Captain Maxx Power
09-12-2005, 12:05 AM
We have an FF1 walkthrough in Hip-hop format coming along nicely. If you're able to wait you can have some serious cowbelling going on by yours truely.

Necronopticous
09-12-2005, 12:07 AM
You guys still have time, don't sweat it.

Bomber
09-12-2005, 07:13 AM
Should I submit my rendition of "real Emotion", or does somebody up there already have it?

Necronopticous
09-12-2005, 07:18 AM
You should submit your rendition of "real Emotion."

For those wanting to send me song or art submissions via AIM, my permanent AIM name has changed to Pretty Pixelist, please update your buddy lists.

Mitch
09-12-2005, 10:16 AM
Mitch could contribute an acoustic song. Maybe one he wrote or Comfortably Numb by Pink Floyd??

nik0tine
09-14-2005, 10:08 AM
When is the due date to submit a track entry?

Also, if I get to recording, what should I put on the CD? I'm thinking about J.S. Bach's "Badinerie", "Jesu, Joy of Mans Desiring", or his Bouree #1 (All of which would be performed on the electric bass guitar.). Which should I do?

Rye
09-19-2005, 10:14 PM
Wow, I'm really nervous that I won't finish in time.

Necronopticous
09-19-2005, 10:19 PM
Don't be, Neel and I are slackers, after all.

Lenna
09-25-2005, 05:28 PM
I shall submit my song that I made as you know J, I'll try getting it done tonight or tomorrow <3 the better version that is :D
If it's too late to submit, just use the one I let you listen to <3

Necronopticous
09-25-2005, 06:08 PM
It's not too late.

Strider
09-29-2005, 09:18 PM
Is it too late now? :D

Also, what do y'all use to record yourself?

Bomber
09-29-2005, 09:32 PM
Also, what do y'all use to record yourself?

Cakewalk.

Daryl
09-30-2005, 01:40 AM
How is this project coming? I'm excited to see what tracks make it on.

Calliope
09-30-2005, 02:24 AM
Daryl, are you contributing anything?

Necronopticous
09-30-2005, 03:19 AM
No, it's not too late. I haven't been getting many submissions lately, but people are still telling me they're coming. You guys have still got time to send them, but please do so, as I have to end this at some point.

Daryl
09-30-2005, 03:27 AM
Daryl, are you contributing anything?

Yes. :) I gave necro my song a few weeks ago.

Venom65437
09-30-2005, 03:38 AM
This might be interesting to hear....

-N-
09-30-2005, 08:43 PM
No, it's not too late. I haven't been getting many submissions lately, but people are still telling me they're coming. You guys have still got time to send them, but please do so, as I have to end this at some point.Yeah, don't I have to Kinko some covers? Do we have any more submissions for that?

Fire_Emblem776
10-08-2005, 10:29 PM
i want to buy this cool cd1!! :love:

-N-
10-09-2005, 02:23 AM
Necro and I were discussing a deadline yesterday, but I see he hasn't posted it yet. At the risk of going over his head, I'll say you have 6 days left (= October 14, 2005) for submissions, otherwise you'll all be sorry when you gag over too much Bleys. Yes, it is possible to have too much Bleys. So send us your worst, EoFF.

Necronopticous
10-09-2005, 03:20 AM
Aye.

Rye
10-09-2005, 02:25 PM
Necro and I were discussing a deadline yesterday, but I see he hasn't posted it yet. At the risk of going over his head, I'll say you have 6 days left (= October 14, 2005) for submissions, otherwise you'll all be sorry when you gag over too much Bleys. Yes, it is possible to have too much Bleys. So send us your worst, EoFF.

Oh noez. *gets to work*

Madonna
10-15-2005, 01:07 AM
*hop hop hop* I'm excited. So if today is the deadline (with a bit of leeway, I imagine), how long do you guys think it'll take to have CDs ready? And do those interested need to PM you, Necro, or post in here, to give you an idea of how many CDs to make?

Necronopticous
10-15-2005, 03:13 AM
I'm going to try to start work on getting the CDs finalized within the next couple of weeks. At this point the deadline is pretty much closed unless someone wants to message me on AIM and personally send me their track or cover art. Within the next couple of days I will post in this thread the instructions of how to tell me you're interested. It will most likely require sending me something in the mail...probably the cost of packaging and shipping.

Rydia of Mist
10-16-2005, 06:49 PM
I think I'll record something new for this, actually...

Oh, and hi. :P

Loony BoB
10-16-2005, 06:59 PM
Someone's missing their Former Staff rank.

theundeadhero
10-16-2005, 08:45 PM
It's BoB.

eestlinc
10-16-2005, 09:39 PM
cool, this is going to come together soon.

GhandiOwnsYou
10-19-2005, 01:32 AM
mmmm... do we have a set title for this lil' Cd? I got a bunch of graphics i could easily shape into a high-def ( 300+ DPI, at case sizes), I'd just want to pre-work titles and such into it, so as to have a nice polished final product.

CrazyMan55
10-21-2005, 12:28 AM
What songs are you planning on putting on the CD?

Parasaurolophus
10-21-2005, 12:54 AM
I am a cover making extrordinare! May I make a cover?

Necronopticous
10-21-2005, 02:53 AM
mmmm... do we have a set title for this lil' Cd? I got a bunch of graphics i could easily shape into a high-def ( 300+ DPI, at case sizes), I'd just want to pre-work titles and such into it, so as to have a nice polished final product.Eyes on Final Fantasy 2005, unless you can come up with something more clever. I'm open to suggestions, along with cover-art submissions.

GhandiOwnsYou
10-24-2005, 12:03 AM
Aight, I mocked up two in about thirty seconds for cover art. They're crap, as far as image quality is concerned, and it's not anything apporaching creative as far as design goes, but the original art is there (in all it's sized down pixelated glory)

So.... If you like the art, and can design well, feel free to go for it, just gimme a heads up and i'll ship you the Tiff files (be prepared for 9 + meg on some of them)

I'll say it one more time... these are grainy and pixelated for fast loads. original files and covers would be better to an immense degree.

I'll chock some more up here in a while, I'm still moving stuff from my old Pc to my new one, so i have a limited image stock on here right now.

theundeadhero
10-24-2005, 10:32 AM
It's been a month since the deadline. Can't this go for sale yet :p

GhandiOwnsYou
10-25-2005, 03:19 AM
*shrug* we're slackers, what can ya say?

Necronopticous
10-25-2005, 10:11 AM
As a positive, Neel and I have taken all the cover submissions into consideration and we have chosen one. At this point we will no longer be accepting cover entries. Thank you to everyone that submitted, they were all good.

I'm just waiting for a couple more songs... The faster these members get them in, the faster I can put the CD out.

Fire_Emblem776
10-25-2005, 06:48 PM
the sooner i can get one...:eep: :choc2:

GhandiOwnsYou
10-26-2005, 03:49 AM
lo, so when you gonna show us what cover ya picked?

Necronopticous
10-26-2005, 04:23 AM
When you get your copy in the MAIL.

But again, thank you to everyone who put in the effort.

-N-
10-26-2005, 04:25 AM
COME ON FF HIP-HOP WALKTHROUGH!!! (http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?t=68627)

Fire_Emblem776
10-26-2005, 04:29 AM
COME ON FF HIP-HOP WALKTHROUGH!!!

actually that would be a great track to listen to:choc2:

Necronopticous
10-26-2005, 04:32 AM
It would be more than a great track, it would be a monument in Eyes on Final Fantasy history.

GhandiOwnsYou
10-27-2005, 03:03 AM
Must. Hold. Open. For. Rap. too much badass. *explodes*

Fire_Emblem776
11-14-2005, 12:08 AM
:choc2: :choc2: i hope they fininsh it soon..

Chris
11-14-2005, 06:36 PM
Is it too late to get a track on the CD?

Madonna
11-14-2005, 07:52 PM
Less wondering if you have time to get it on the CD and more trying to get it done so it can go on the CD!

§håd0w
11-17-2005, 01:47 AM
When is this going to be released if ever?

<font size=12>

Fire_Emblem776
11-22-2005, 06:14 AM
hopefully before christmas...

Shaun
11-23-2005, 11:27 AM
I plan to get a keyboard and get more into synthesis soon. Maybe if I get good enough, I'll dedicate my music to this site. That could be a while off yet.

themagicroundabout
11-23-2005, 06:25 PM
Whooo! i shall be recordin some dodgy songs this friday with a friend, so i could probably send you one but they'll probably kinda suck :choc2:

Ultima Shadow
11-26-2005, 07:54 PM
When is this going to be released if ever?

Fire_Emblem776
11-29-2005, 03:34 AM
tick tock tick tock .....

Loony BoB
12-05-2005, 10:37 AM
Necro, I'm going to unstick this for now (I'm assuming you have all the music you need?) and you can re-sticky it when you're set for release. :up:

Psydekick
01-24-2006, 07:14 AM
What happend to this idea, i thought it was going to be definate but it appears not, could someone explain?:)

Caspian
01-24-2006, 07:22 AM
Been there, done that, gone the way of the AOL free trial CD.

Psydekick
01-24-2006, 07:41 AM
So you mean it came out:)

Caspian
01-24-2006, 07:45 AM
One of them did, eons ago.

Psydekick
01-24-2006, 07:47 AM
Was it any good?:)

Samuraid
01-24-2006, 08:19 AM
http://www.eyesonff.com/members/wiki/Articles/TheEoFFCD

DynasticJam
01-24-2006, 08:19 AM
I never knew about this? What exactly was it?

EDIT: Oh I see now!

Shaun
01-24-2006, 11:59 AM
Oh man, what a crappy compilation of teen junk. I thought it was going to contain original Final Fantasy music, or something.

~SapphireStar~
01-24-2006, 12:42 PM
Got nearly all of them anyway, so it would have been pointless for me.
I could see the new one being full of emo and r'n'b crap.

Loony BoB
01-24-2006, 02:06 PM
I believe Sora! is enquiring about the second EoFF CD which was being created by theundeadhero and Necronopticous (I think?).

I'll merge these threads now.

Psydekick
01-24-2006, 03:47 PM
one week everyone was talking about it, next week it was silent:)

~SapphireStar~
01-24-2006, 06:58 PM
Ideas come and go. Its life.

Fire_Emblem776
01-24-2006, 08:20 PM
Another cd? Oh joy ^-^ And lets hope Nicotine will add something for us

theundeadhero
01-25-2006, 01:17 AM
I think about this from time to time and wonder if anything will ever happen.

-N-
01-25-2006, 04:24 AM
Dudes, quit tripping. It's on its way.

Calliope
03-10-2013, 03:54 AM
It's been seven years; did this ever come to fruition?

theundeadhero
03-10-2013, 05:31 AM
They'll never get to hear the glory of the two songs I wrote / performed.

Calliope
03-10-2013, 06:39 AM
Daniel or Neel or someone has to have these files lying around somewhere, Leeza said she has the Cackstreet Boys. I bet we could get this shit on dropbox in a day, with a little organization, and the new kids could join in, too. I want my random internet people singing about trout and popcorn and whatever!

I uploaded Hail Bruckner, btw. (http://picosong.com/nuT6/)

Chris
03-10-2013, 09:46 AM
Hoho! Talk about ghosts from the past! I think a lot of people would rather just forget about it to be honest :D

Lesson: You cannot escape the past!

Mikztsu
03-10-2013, 09:50 AM
As long as you keep the Cackstreet Boyz out of this and leave us alone. We would really appreciate it. :|

-N-
05-02-2013, 05:16 AM
Who the fuck revived this dead ass thread! Hahaha awesome!

I'm still waiting on Captain Maxx Power's FF rap. That's my line and I'm sticking to it.

theundeadhero
05-02-2013, 11:59 AM
<a href="http://www.geocities.com/floydsarmy/music/Theme.mp3">FF Theme</a>
<a href="http://www.geocities.com/floydsarmy/music/eyesonmoderation.mp3">Eyes on Moderation</a>
<a href="http://www.geocities.com/floydsarmy/music/zombielovesong.mp3">Zombie Love Song</a>

The world will finally know.

Leeza
05-05-2013, 05:34 AM
*saves* :)

:up:

Jowy
05-05-2013, 05:55 AM
requesting rhymeswithspoon.wav

Calliope
05-05-2013, 06:04 AM
chickyboo

Loony BoB
05-06-2013, 01:04 PM
requesting rhymeswithspoon.wav
I have this on my PC at home, bug me on IRC during my normal hours and I'll get it to you. Or attach it here.

Leeza
05-06-2013, 05:33 PM
Attach it here please, BoB. :)

Loony BoB
05-08-2013, 10:40 PM
www.aiyon.com/keke/rhymeswithspoon.rar
www.aiyon.com/keke/chicky.mp3