PDA

View Full Version : School clothes

Freya
08-26-2005, 06:25 PM
Ok yesturday i went school clothes shopping right. Word of advice never take your annoying older brother in a 2 hour car trip whho is very impatient. Anywho i was looking for some new jeans right well i came across some jeans that looked like thishttp://www.woodburymall.com/images/product/2437_7170_924.jpg But they had more holes in them. I look to see how much they cost. 102$! for torn jeans. I mean if that's the fashion right now i'm literaly sitting on a gold mine. Also every shirt you look at is "slutwear" Hee foamy I couldn't find a basic girl tee. With no stupid sayings on it like "cutie pie" or "Baby girl" And with out them showing my boobs off to the world.i found mabye 5 shirts that were ok in that whole mall.
Grr to give this post a reason for posting beside me ranting, Are you falling fo the fad fashions or do you just think they are stupid too?

Kirobaito
08-26-2005, 06:29 PM
I once made a theory that the prep world is the new communism. They want their clothes to be pre-ripped so they can be more like the suffering proletariat who worked so hard back in the day.

Ageless_Bum
08-26-2005, 06:34 PM
My entire wardrobe is baggy jeans and a loose fitting T-shirts. I neither care about fads nor whats "in". I say be comfortable in what you wear while you have the choice. There will come a time where you wont get to choose.

Rye
08-26-2005, 06:37 PM
I don't really like the ripped up pants fashion. At the very least, do it yourself, but having it pre-ripped is dumb. I have one pair of pants with ripping, but I didn't even realise it unless I wore them. I'd have put them back, but I have a hard time finding pants that fit good as I'm a short not size 6 female.

Slutwear depresses me. I have a hard time finding good clothes too. My remedy is to wear cute younger girl t-shirts with Oscar the Grouch or Cookie Monster, because they don't sluttify the Seseme Street stuff. Or just wear band t-shirts. The only generally unslutty store that I can find is Hot Topic. I buy some clothes there, but the only problem is that most fall too much into that "gawth punx emo" label with all the skulls and stuff and I'm not any of those, and most of the outfits are too expensive or too big. So I settle with just buying t-shirts there. :)

Polyonymous
08-26-2005, 06:37 PM
Well, it is kindof hard not to follow fads and fashion, seeing as how a lot of the stuff in the stores are selling clothes that go along with the fashion. But me, I don't buy certain types of clothes because they are in style. I normally buy clothes because they're comfortable. If I could get my camera working, I would show you some of my shirts, but I can't so too bad.

bipper
08-26-2005, 06:44 PM
The beutiful people need to save money so they can get plastic surgery now... detestable. I hear of to many teens going under the knife...

bipper

Ageless_Bum
08-26-2005, 06:45 PM
Your right, most of what is for sale in stores is mandated by fads and fashion so its hard not to be controlled by them. Jeans, however, never go out of style, and you can eventually find loose fiting shirts with nothing on them somewhere. But those are my style so I dont know about searching for other styles.

T-MaN
08-26-2005, 06:48 PM
Jeans, however, never go out of style, and you can eventually find loose fiting shirts with nothing on them somewhere. But those are my style so I dont know about searching for other styles.

There ain't nothing better than Jeans. I don't like wearing anything else, but I do tend to change styles once in a while. I only wear clothes to my liking.

theundeadhero
08-26-2005, 06:49 PM
My underwear on my butt is brown
The boots on my feet make me frown
The socks that cover my toes are green
I wear long sleeve shirts with no sunscreen
My undershirt is a lovely shade of tan
I wear pants in the desert cause it makes me a man
I wear a floppy hat on my head
That is camoflauged so I don't wind up dead
My hair cannot be long enough to touch my brow
Gee, it's fun to be in the Army now!

I really do enjoy wearing combat boots though. They're all I've worn for 8-9 years now.

Freya
08-26-2005, 06:50 PM
Yeha i go to hot topic but i dont go as much because my school has become emo piunk kids, like half of them have and i cant get anything that everyone else doesn't already have there.

Rye
08-26-2005, 06:52 PM
Yeha i go to hot topic but i dont go as much because my school has become emo piunk kids, like half of them have and i cant get anything that everyone else doesn't already have there.

I hear ya there, if I shop there too often, I feel like people label me. I'm not the type that enjoys to be labeled. I'm just myself.

Mindflare
08-26-2005, 07:12 PM
I can't even buy a pair of comfortable jeans these days. Freaking clothes.

Jeans/Khakis, tshirt kthx.

Miriel
08-26-2005, 07:28 PM
I'm trendy. You got a problem with that?

bipper
08-26-2005, 07:31 PM
I trend to hate trends.... ...JEANS!

hahah :rolleyes2

Resha
08-26-2005, 07:33 PM
My school has a uniform! ^o^ This may sound really geeky, but I'm kinda glad it does, because the very thought of waking up each morning and choosing what to wear depresses me beyond measure. I have no idea how people manage to do it!

Ok, but this'll be my last year of uniform. :( After next year we have 'free choice', with only a bazillion rules on it. xD I'll worry about that when we get there. ^_^

bipper
08-26-2005, 07:38 PM
After next year we have 'free choice', with only a bazillion rules on it.

I find that funny, as it seems so many things in life are this way.

Bipper

ZeZipster
08-26-2005, 08:13 PM
I hate the mall. I hate mall rats even more.

I shop online when buying t-shirts. Then I buy normal or loose fit Levi's or CRB jeans, which aren't very pricey at JC Penny stores. Sometimes I'll pick up a plaid sweater or something at thrift store.

boris no no
08-26-2005, 08:56 PM
i just shop at primark
t-shirts for £3? you just cannot say no! ^__^

Drift
08-26-2005, 10:36 PM
blank/nameless tops and jeans though i need something less baggy these days, its hell dragging the money bag out of the bank in your jeans when you crawl along trying to pick your pants up. and is this a girl thread? eep

XxSephirothxX
08-26-2005, 10:42 PM
If it's warm, I wear shorts and a t-shirt, and in the wintertime I wear jeans/khakis and a teeshirt and hoodie. Pretty simple wardrobe, and most of my t-shirts are from video games, movies, etc.

Old Manus
08-26-2005, 10:42 PM
Just bra and panties for me

Drift
08-26-2005, 10:45 PM
i swear i read the title of this thread as "school clothes"

GooeyToast
08-26-2005, 10:49 PM
i let my mom dress me :)

Resha
It is school clothes. :p

Old Manus
i let my mom undress me :)
:cool:

Drift
08-26-2005, 10:52 PM
It is school clothes. :p
it is?! Well i go back to school next friday i shall try and take a pic of me in uniform x_x

Reles
08-26-2005, 10:53 PM
I LOVE being feminine but I was never into t-shirts with words on them. I usually look for solid colored shirts with some kind of design on it or anything that catches my eye. For instance I'm wearing a black lace shirt (not see through :S) with a v-neck. I love jeans, I have about 10 pairs, and one of them is ripped in the knee because I've had them for awhile, but other then that I like looking "nice" not torn-up. I love skirts too ^.^ AND high heels! I can't say that I'm preppy, I don't wear makeup or anything or wear any brands at all, I just go with what I like.

Drift
08-26-2005, 10:54 PM
school uniform sucks :(

GooeyToast
08-26-2005, 10:56 PM
i let my mom undress me :)
:cool:
yeah, thats what i meant

Old Anus, always there to provide back-up assistance

both here and everywhere else

watch out folks.

Resha
08-26-2005, 10:56 PM
I think it's better than freedom, I do. xDDD But I'm weird. But, seriously. ^_~ Sometimes conformism is good, ya know..

Drift
08-26-2005, 10:57 PM
eh?

Rusty
08-27-2005, 12:58 PM
In all my school life I've always had to wear a school uniform and like it that way. Its good because no one gets labelled for what they wear.

Little Miss Awesome
08-27-2005, 01:02 PM
I just wear whatever I think looks good on me :p Or it matches something else I have. Most of my clothes are Bench and Animal though, I'd get like vintage stuff but I can't afford it :cry: My favourite shop is Triple S :cool:

Tai-Ti
08-27-2005, 01:06 PM
our skool has a uniform, in winter tis bad cause the jumpers ant warm enuff, that aside, i dont really like fasions, i like t-shirts that have slogans i like on it, no cootsi-wootsi ones, i can never find jeans that fit me, i made a pair of jeans this winter outta sum old skirts and denim scraps! I think "fashion" is a personal opinion, and all those things u see in magazines, are just the "majority fashion" that most of the top labels like, and therefore expect you to like too. But above all, i hate sequins and kintted ponchos :mad: x10000000000

Silmaril
08-27-2005, 01:14 PM
All my school life I had to wear a uniform. :mad:
But for ordinary clothes I like my jeans unripped and T-shirts slogan-less.

Tai-Ti
08-28-2005, 06:58 AM
i dont liked ripped jeans that you but, why would u pay $90 for sum jeans you can pritty much make out of the pair you already have?

Shlup
08-28-2005, 07:04 AM
Where the hell is this mall? I have no problem finding clothes that don't show off the boobs I don't have or say stupid things or cost a reasonable amount of money.

rubah
08-28-2005, 07:05 PM
I was amused in the Mall of Acadiana in Lafayette, LA that the same pair of white pants cost $25 in one store, $40 in another, $50 in another, $90 in a fourth store, and $120 in yet another store.

They are *white* *pants* There is no need for a one hundred dollar difference!

Drift
08-28-2005, 07:29 PM
I was amused in the Mall of Acadiana in Lafayette, LA that the same pair of white pants cost $25 in one store, $40 in another, $50 in another, $90 in a fourth store, and $120 in yet another store.

They are *white* *pants* There is no need for a one hundred dollar difference!
thats the difference for one extra pocket ;)