PDA

View Full Version : All questions and problems with FFX answered

d£v!l'$ ph0£n!x
08-26-2005, 07:05 PM
If you have any problems whatsoever, are stuck in the game, want hints and tips then simply post your questions on this thread and i will reply with the answer! fear not i am you saviour!

Yew-Yevon
08-26-2005, 07:08 PM
I have a saviour...AR_MAX :D

crazybayman
08-26-2005, 07:29 PM
wow. we have a live, walking talking walkthrough. we are not worthy.

Christmas
08-26-2005, 07:33 PM
Defeat Nemesis with a no sphere grid challenge? (non international version) :D

Truly speaking, if we want to ask questions, we will post a thread and people will answer them. But I still appreciate your help. :)

Fireblade13
08-26-2005, 09:18 PM
How do you fight the quactur in the thunder Plains

d£v!l'$ ph0£n!x
08-26-2005, 09:35 PM
fireblade13: How do you fight the quactur in the thunder Plains

look around the plains to find the stones with cactuar on them. if you press square in front of them they will light up. you will then begin to fight cactuar randomly on thunder plains. if you activate one stone you will fight per battle, 2 then 2 per battle, and 3 then 3 per battle. you cannot activate more than 3

EL337
08-27-2005, 07:05 AM
how do you clear spheres?

d£v!l'$ ph0£n!x
08-27-2005, 10:33 AM
you need to create the ultima buster on the monster arena by capturing five of every fiend (that may take a while!!!) you will be given 99 dark matters for creating it :) you then have to defeat it (5 million hp (arms 80,000hp)) after that the arena owner will sell you the clear spheres for 10,000 each

silent_ultima
09-04-2005, 05:42 PM
what is the best way to level up the character? bear in mind that this is to defeat the dark aeons and penance, not just to finish the game

-TIDUS-
09-04-2005, 05:53 PM
I didn't know you're allowed to do this now! If you look a few months back at the topics I made the exact same topic and a moderator shut it down and said "if you want to answer questions ppl will post a topic"

Shalashaska
09-04-2005, 07:42 PM
How can I be sure to open every chest in the Omega Ruins?

What is the minimum my Luck stat can be in order to guarantee that I hit Dark Mindy every time?

If I decide to stat max on the Expert Sphere Grid, including HP, but forego Evasion and Accuracy due to maxing out Luck, about how much HP will I end up having?

If I am fighting a Shred what is the percentage that it will use its 'Slam' attack and what is the percentage that it will use its 'Slam' attack against the character with the lowest remaining HP? What if Auron is in the party?

:rolleyes2

Rye
09-04-2005, 07:48 PM
what is the best way to level up the character? bear in mind that this is to defeat the dark aeons and penance, not just to finish the game

I can answer this one. Omega Dungeon. It has the highest level fiends in the whole game and a high encouter rate. :)

rubah
09-04-2005, 08:25 PM
Actually, once you get enough monsters captured, you're really better off to train in the monster arena. Much easier to remodel the sphere grid at the source of all those spheres.

Rye
09-04-2005, 11:43 PM
Oh yeah, that's true.There's a supah good FAQ on gamefaq.com that tells you which monster is best for leveling up certain stats, etc. I always used it. :)

http://db.gamefaqs.com/console/ps2/file/final_fantasy_x_monster_arena.txt

ff7+ff10 gurl 100
09-05-2005, 01:25 AM
That link dont work

Shalashaska
09-05-2005, 01:52 AM
GameFAQs does not allow direct linking, copy and paste the URL into your browser if you want to see the guide.

Fireblade13
09-14-2005, 09:48 PM
Thank you this will also get me kimarhi's celest right?

Yliette
09-17-2005, 01:30 PM
I do have a question about the story though. How did Jecht end up in Spira ten years ago?

Motaro
09-17-2005, 08:03 PM
I'd like to add to that question. How did he end up as Sin?

Skyblade
09-17-2005, 08:51 PM
Goody! Game trivia, my specialty.

Actually, how exactly Jecht wound up in Spira is unknown. He just left one day and never came back. How he came to Spira is unknown. If Sin brought him, then why?

As to how he became Sin, that I can explain. Every time a summoner summons the Final Aeon, Sin is destroyed. However, Yu Yevon possesses the Final Aeon and converts it into the next Sin. So, because the Final Aeon is now Sin, a new fayth is needed for a new Final Aeon. Jecht was Braska's fayth for the Final Aeon. So Jecht became the Final Aeon and, once Sin was defeated and Yu Yevon possessed him, Jecht became the next Sin.

Motaro
09-17-2005, 10:26 PM
Ok, next question. How did Jetch become Braska's fayth?

Skyblade
09-17-2005, 10:37 PM
Yunalesca made him the fayth. You find that out when you get to Zanarkand.

Motaro
09-17-2005, 10:38 PM
Does it explain why she made him a fayth?

Skyblade
09-17-2005, 10:51 PM
Yep. Braksa needed a fayth, and Jecht and Auron were there to be made into a fayth.

Motaro
09-17-2005, 10:53 PM
So braska needed a fayth for the final aeon?

Skyblade
09-17-2005, 10:54 PM
Every time a summoner summons the Final Aeon, Sin is destroyed. However, Yu Yevon possesses the Final Aeon and converts it into the next Sin. So, because the Final Aeon is now Sin, a new fayth is needed for a new Final Aeon. Jecht was Braska's fayth for the Final Aeon. So Jecht became the Final Aeon and, once Sin was defeated and Yu Yevon possessed him, Jecht became the next Sin.

Yes. As I said here, a new fayth is needed for each Final Aeon. Jecht was Braska's fayth.

Motaro
09-17-2005, 11:39 PM
Ok.

When Tidus gets swept away by sin and ends up on the Al-Bhed ship, Rikku mentions that Zanerkand was destroyed a 1000 years ago. Now, did Sin transport Tidus into the future? Or was it done up by the Fayth?

Skyblade
09-18-2005, 12:08 AM
There are two different Zanarkands. The real one, which was destroyed 1,000 years ago, and the dream one, which is a "dream of the fayth" and exists in current times. The dream depicts Zanarkand as though it had never been destroyed by the war, and it has remained as such until Sin arrives in Zanarkand 1,000 years after Zanarkand was initially destroyed.

Motaro
09-18-2005, 12:17 AM
ugh, can't this be any easier to understand? :P.

ffxfreak93
09-24-2005, 07:05 AM
HOW DOES SIN GO TO DREAM ZANARKAND???????? :confused:

Skyblade
09-24-2005, 07:31 AM
ugh, can't this be any easier to understand? :P.

If it was easier to understand, I wouldn't have to spend time explaining it to everyone. Since explaining things is one of the major activities that I participate in on these forums, I would have a lot more time on my hands. No one wants that, do they? I think I'm annoying enough as it is.

ThroneofDravaris
09-24-2005, 07:12 PM
Although you could have just said: "He didn't travel through time. There are 2 Zanarkands, the real one and a fake one were Tidus lived. the fake one is created by "the Dream of the Faith"".

Meh, not that much better really. I seem to remember that the game explains it fine, people should just play the f@#$ing game...

Old Manus
09-24-2005, 09:59 PM
Since when are these allowed

ThroneofDravaris
09-25-2005, 01:22 AM
Since people gave up caring...

ffxfreak93
09-28-2005, 02:29 AM
can anyone answer me how did sin get to dream/fake(whatever)zanarkand????

KH-Cloudy
09-28-2005, 04:40 AM
when i encountered the monster arena and it told me to find 9 i only found 8 monsters what am i missing and what part of calm lands do i have to go?

BG-57
09-29-2005, 12:35 AM
Ask to fight the monsters. A list will appear of monsters you have captured in each area and how many of each type you've caught.

Malboro's the trickiest to encounter. I've run into them in two places:

1) In the northwest area there are crevasses caused by an ancient battle.

2) On the plateau in front of Remiem temple. You need a chocobo to get up here.

I was going to a start a new thread, but since this is Q&A here I'll ask it here:

What exactly are Aeons? I grasp the basic idea about what fayth are, but are the Aeons alter egos to individual fayth or are they the fayth themselves?

Anima's fayth seems to imply she's separate from Anima but closely linked. I'm pretty sure Anima is female as well since if she was male she'd be called Animus.

However Yojimbo's fayth acts just like Yojimbo! He's greedy and money grubbing too. Even his dog shows up in the summon! It's almost like the fayth materialized in a different form when summoned.

The final summon business seems to imply the second possibilty.

The Mad Dragon
09-29-2005, 04:10 AM
Here's another question. I've heard rumor that Anima is actually Seymour's mother. Any truth to this?

ThroneofDravaris
09-29-2005, 06:47 AM
....PLAY THE GAME!!!!

This is clearly covered during the game; it's not a damn rumor!

Big D
09-29-2005, 07:55 AM
What exactly are Aeons? I grasp the basic idea about what fayth are, but are the Aeons alter egos to individual fayth or are they the fayth themselves?

Anima's fayth seems to imply she's separate from Anima but closely linked. I'm pretty sure Anima is female as well since if she was male she'd be called Animus.

However Yojimbo's fayth acts just like Yojimbo! He's greedy and money grubbing too. Even his dog shows up in the summon! It's almost like the fayth materialized in a different form when summoned.Aeons are manifestations of the Fayths' spirits. Basically, when a Fayth is used by a Summoner, their spirit takes the form of an Aeon. The exact nature of the Aeon depends on who's the Fayth. While Bahamut may have been a small boy, he would've been a powerful Summoner in reality, and perhaps a person of noble and true character - hence the Aeon Bahamut. Yojimbo (and his dog) was a proud, mercenary kind of guy, hence the money-grubbing Aeon. Seymour's mother was sad and tormented, 'chained' by her duties and what she considered her failures; this, in my opinion, explains the Aeon Anima. Braska's Final Aeon is a big, hairy beast with the Zanarkand Abes logo branded on its chest - just like Jecht.can anyone answer me how did sin get to dream/fake(whatever)zanarkand????Sin flew there, I guess. The dream Zanarkand actually existed, possibly somewhere in those dense clouds above Mount Gagazet. Yu Yevon was the creator of both Sin and the dream Zanarkand, so he'd have no trouble crossing from one to the other.

BG-57
09-29-2005, 02:03 PM
OK, thanks. That makes sense. Anima's fayth threw me off a bit.

Here's another question. I've heard rumor that Anima is actually Seymour's mother. Any truth to this?

Yes. :D

The Mad Dragon
09-29-2005, 03:05 PM
Then I'll say this. DAAAAAAAAAAAAYMN! Thats one ugly B*****. How'd she get like that??

Big D
09-30-2005, 12:05 AM
Obviously, that's not what she looks like in reality. An Aeon's appearance is apparently influenced by the Fayth's attributes, but that's all. You can visit the Fayth of Anima at Baaj temple and see whats she really looked like.

BG-57
09-30-2005, 01:24 AM
You've heard of people who are beautiful on the outside and ugly on the inside? Anima's the inside.

EDIT: Look below to see what I mean.

While we're on the subject of my favorite Aeon, why did her fayth sacrifice herself in the first place? She's too young to be part of the Zanarkand fayth posse and she's obviously not the final Aeon since she's not Sin.

I'm assuming that none of the summonable Aeons are final Aeons either.

Big D
09-30-2005, 01:31 AM
You've heard of people who are beautiful on the outside and ugly on the inside? Anima's the inside.

While we're on the subject of my favorite Aeon, why did her fayth sacrifice herself in the first place? She's too young to be part of the Zanarkand fayth posse and she's obviously not the final Aeon since she's not Sin.

I'm assuming that none of the summonable Aeons are final Aeons either.She was worried about Seymour, who was kind of an outcast, because he was of mixed race - and the FFX world is full of racial prejudice. To make him respected and admired, she was going to become his Final Aeon so he could defeat Sin. They went to Zanarkand together, and Yunalesca turned her into a Fayth - but instead of fighting Sin, Seymour took his mother's Fayth back to Baaj Temple, where they'd lived earlier, and used his power as a summoner (and his knowledge about the truth of the Final Summoning) to gain power and influence within the Temples, while he formulated his own plans for global destruction.

BG-57
09-30-2005, 01:39 AM
Talk about your Mommie Dearest! Assuming her original plan had worked, Seymour's fame and respect would have all been posthumous! :eek:

But it fits in with the value system in Spira where self-sacrifice seems to be one of the most highly admired traits.

KH-Cloudy
09-30-2005, 11:33 PM
i already got malboro,skoo(however u spell it),flan,ogre,some other 4 that i forgot.

BG-57
10-03-2005, 12:12 AM
The encounters in the Calm Lands are:

Skoll
Nebiros
Flame Flan
Shred
Anaconduar
Ogre
Coeurl
Chimera Brain
Malboro

Which one don't you recognize?

KH-Cloudy
10-09-2005, 06:48 AM
nvm now i just forgot the chimera..another question when u goto reminem temple and u beat yojimbo do u need anima to fight anima??
cause i beat them all inr order a couple of times..

BG-57
10-10-2005, 01:13 PM
Anytime Yuna duels with a summoner, they get to summon first and Yuna cannot summon whatever Aeon they chose. So you cannot summon Anima to fight Anima. I recommend Bahamut in overdrive. I don't think Grand Summon works under these circumstances.

For every other Remiem Aeon I suggest Anima in overdrive. She's a superfreak but usually will get one-hit kills. :eek:

KH-Cloudy
10-10-2005, 11:54 PM
i meant do u have to have anima???

BG-57
10-11-2005, 01:09 AM
Then yes you do. You can't take on an Aeon in Remiem unless Yuna can already summon it.

KH-Cloudy
10-13-2005, 12:21 AM
damn i didnt kno now ill never get yunas celestrial wep fully powered
also wheres sanubia desert

BackRoomKid
10-14-2005, 06:42 AM
lol, so much for Devil's Phoenix savior attempt

BG-57
10-14-2005, 12:15 PM
damn i didnt kno now ill never get yunas celestrial wep fully powered
also wheres sanubia desert

It's where Rikku takes the party to her Home. It's on Bikanel Island from the Airship menu.

Why can't you get Nirvana fully powered? After taking the Airship to Highbridge, you should be able to backtrack to most of the Temples (including Djose) and get the Destruction sphere treasures.

Christmas
10-14-2005, 12:29 PM
And dun worry, you cannot miss the one in Bevelle. You will surely get it for the plot to proceed.

xX.Silver.Wings.Xx
10-14-2005, 01:52 PM
Does it explain why she made him a fayth?

You have'nt finished the game shave you? Lemme gues you are in.....Bevelle? ........... macalania?.............still in Besaid?............HEH....................HEH...............!

KH-Cloudy
10-15-2005, 07:51 PM
now wheres sunken cave...xD

EDIT:oh wait nevermind

BG-57
10-16-2005, 12:25 AM
Several places in Spira have more than one name:

Sanubia Desert/Bikanel Island

Sunken Cave/Cave of the Stolen Fayth

It threw me off as well. :greenie:

KH-Cloudy
10-16-2005, 08:09 PM
now i need help finding 4 monsters in omega ruins...xD sorry to trouble

BG-57
10-17-2005, 03:10 AM
No trouble at all. I enjoy being helpful. :)

Here they are:

Zaurus
Floating Death
Black Element
Halma
Puroboros
Spirit
Machea
Master Couerl
Master Tonberry
Varuna

In addition to these fiends, you may run into these, which are counted as part of the Inside Sin list:

Great Malboro
Demonolith
Adamantoise
Gemini (1)
Gemini (2)

A couple of suggestions:

1) Great Malboros get to ambush you in this dungeon, so have a character equip Initiative and cast Provoke. It'll use only physical attacks when provoked and not Bad Breath.

2) Spirits can also be provoked to just cast White Wind, which is better than the confusion/poison attack they prefer.

3) Black Elements have some nasty spells but they can be silenced and are then harmless.

4) Demonoliths have a petrification breath, so equip Petrification-proof armor or use Aeons (which are immune to status ailments).

5) Master Tonberrys counterattack every physical attack and it's usually fatal so keep life magic and pheonix downs handy.

6) Hastega is you friend in here.

ffxatticus
10-18-2005, 03:38 AM
auto-life and full-life are also your second best friends if you have them

KH-Cloudy
10-18-2005, 06:04 AM
=) thanks

EDIT:BG-57 ur the most helpfulest guy i ever met in this topic lol

Kalmaegnar
10-27-2005, 06:36 PM
I need help with Dark Shiva, I'm only missing macalania sphere to get anima, and she always kills me, it's frustrating.
I managed dark valefor, irfrit and ixion but she's to fast even with auto-haste armour, auto-phoenix and casting constant auto-life. She starts killing my characters, even with Hp limit broken, and I only have time to auto-phoenix. I hardly ever survive diamond dust, and if I do she kills me after. Mu auron does 99.999 damage, and she could be dead in 11 hits, but y hardly manage to hit her once.
I really does sound pathetic, please any help would be good.

Yojimbo doesn't want to do zamoto either

BG-57
10-27-2005, 11:53 PM
=) thanks

EDIT:BG-57 ur the most helpfulest guy i ever met in this topic lol

My pleasure. :)

Kalmaegnar, I don't have the international version so the best I can suggest is go the gamefaqs.com where you can find strategies for taking down every boss.

Also I'm sure people who have played the international version will post...eventually. :sweatdrop

Trumpet Thief
10-28-2005, 12:38 AM
If you have any problems whatsoever, are stuck in the game, want hints and tips then simply post your questions on this thread and i will reply with the answer! fear not i am you saviour!

chaos: In FFX-2, how do you beat Penance's twin brother Denice the Menice, who if you beat, gives you the Super Pheonix down which will let you revive Aeris? I tried everything! I even went back to the Farplane and revived Auron after a really long sidequest, but even he's not strong enough! :sarcasm:

Albedo: *laughs maniacally*

BG-57
10-28-2005, 02:55 PM
Try the following for Dark Shiva:

1) Maximize your agility on the sphere grid.

2) Use Aim several times.

3) Block her overdrive with your Aeons as a shield.

Big D
10-28-2005, 11:05 PM
Try the following for Dark Shiva:

1) Maximize your agility on the sphere grid.

2) Use Aim several times.

3) Block her overdrive with your Aeons as a shield.Or alternatively...

1) First Strike -> Yojimbo -> Zanmato -> win

Cheap, but effective:D

Blitz Ace
10-29-2005, 12:07 AM
I need help with Dark Shiva, I'm only missing macalania sphere to get anima, and she always kills me, it's frustrating.
I managed dark valefor, irfrit and ixion but she's to fast even with auto-haste armour, auto-phoenix and casting constant auto-life. She starts killing my characters, even with Hp limit broken, and I only have time to auto-phoenix. I hardly ever survive diamond dust, and if I do she kills me after. Mu auron does 99.999 damage, and she could be dead in 11 hits, but y hardly manage to hit her once.
I really does sound pathetic, please any help would be good.

Yojimbo doesn't want to do zamoto either
if you get wakka's celestial weapon + attack reels, and he has lots of strength, she could be dead in one attack reels (thats how i did it). note that attack reels NEVER misses.

also, because she is so easy to beat like this, try doin it a few times till you get a cool armor with Ribbon and Break HP...