PDA

View Full Version : Cloud's lifespan

KoShiatar
08-26-2005, 09:51 PM
Just some random thought.

When we see Lucrecia under the waterfall, she says she cannot easily die because of the Jenova cells in her.
Also, she seems just as young as thirty years before (not that those graphics show much, though.)
Furthermore, she speaks about "physical death" when referring to Sephiroth and herself, so we can perhaps assume she's not a ghost.

My question is, is Cloud bound to have a lifespan and /or a youth longer than normal, because of the Jenova cells implanted in him?

princevodlac
08-26-2005, 10:49 PM
They were all injected but then again....Cloud also floated in the mako stream....so he has some negitive side effects

Vyk
08-26-2005, 11:59 PM
Sephiroth was frozen in it. So he'd have the same deal

Leeza
08-28-2005, 06:17 PM
Everyone who has posted in this thread and has had their post deleted now has their name in the official Warned Members List for spam. Consider it warning #1.

Ageless_Bum
08-28-2005, 06:22 PM
Some might say, though, that because his body rejected he cells, they wouldnt have the same effect on him. Though im not entirely sure his body can completely reject them (how else did sephiroth a small amount control over him at times). Anyway I would wonder what his emersion in the life stream has done. Tifa would be in the same boat with cloud and seph.

G SpOtZ
08-28-2005, 06:58 PM
well what EXACTLY do the jenova cells do? or how do they have the capability of letting someone live longer?

Lord Magician
08-28-2005, 07:09 PM
I think they turn you sick in a way. Or thats what I have seen.

Rengori
08-28-2005, 07:29 PM
It didn't happen to Cloud.

Lord Magician
08-28-2005, 08:32 PM
Yes it did.

Rengori
08-28-2005, 08:37 PM
Refresh my memory.

Lord Magician
08-28-2005, 08:46 PM
(1) In shinra corp. when he see's jenova in the lab.

(2) Temple of Ancients it takes over his mind so he helps out sephiroth

(3) Crater, gives black materia to sephiroth once again

(4) Mideel, he is mentally retarted.

There you go. Thoses are moments where jenova cell are affecting cloud or so I think.

G SpOtZ
08-28-2005, 08:48 PM
but you said "sick"

Lord Magician
08-28-2005, 08:50 PM
brain sick.

Rengori
08-28-2005, 08:50 PM
That was due to Mako poisoning, not the Jenova Cells.

Lord Magician
08-28-2005, 08:51 PM
Ok then, but my point remains, cloud gets affect by jenova cells.

G SpOtZ
08-28-2005, 08:55 PM
brain sick...?

Lord Magician
08-28-2005, 08:58 PM
Thoses are moments where jenova cell are affecting cloud or so I think.

I am not 100% sure. But Hojo did inject jenova cells on cloud, so cloud probably had some problems.

Mercen-X
08-29-2005, 03:34 AM
Like that guy in the slums that Cloud and Aeris found with a tattoo on his head.

G SpOtZ
08-29-2005, 03:44 AM
Like that guy in the slums that Cloud and Aeris found with a tattoo on his head.
oooh thank you. the tattoo was on his head? i thought it was on his arm...
and was he only sick because of the cells?

Mercen-X
08-29-2005, 04:07 AM
Well, I'm fairly sure I remember Aeris thought it was unusual. If not, I suppose he could have just been a drunk.

Rengori
08-29-2005, 04:10 AM
Aeris: This guy are sick.

G SpOtZ
08-29-2005, 04:18 AM
Aeris: This guy are sick.
yeah. i think aeris was the drunk. and the guy was most likely injected with jenova cells, just like those guys in nibelheim in those black hoods. they had tattoos right? so they had somethin to do with it. but how many of em were messed up like the guy in the slums?

Masamune·1600
08-29-2005, 05:39 AM
The game makes it fairly clear that the "man in the pipe" was one of the CLONES, based on the fact that he had a "2" tattoo, and left to attend the "Reunion."

]but how many of em were messed up like the guy in the slums?

All of them, really. Every CLONE encountered in the game can do little more than mumble "Sephiroth" or "Reunion" or some other phrase associated with the event.

(1) In shinra corp. when he see's jenova in the lab.

(2) Temple of Ancients it takes over his mind so he helps out sephiroth

(3) Crater, gives black materia to sephiroth once again

There you go. Thoses are moments where jenova cell are affecting cloud or so I think.

The first incident was certainly induced by the direct presence of JENOVA. The second and third incidents involved the JENOVA cells, but also Cloud's own self-doubt and Sephiroth's direct manipulation. Cloud's incapacitation at Mideel had nothing to do with JENOVA cells; rather, he had floated through the Lifestream, absorbing the knowledge and wisdom there all at once. The doctor in Mideel made a point of mentioning that no ordinary individual could have even survived the journey.

Barret: So what about him? You know...... Cloud?

Doctor: I'll say it again, he's got Mako poisoning. I've never seen a case this
bad. An immerse amount of Mako-drenched knowledge was put into his brain all at
once...... No normal human could survived it...... It's a miracle he did!

As to the central question of the thread, I don't expect Cloud to have any sort of an extended lifespan due to the JENOVA therapy. He may naturally be long-lived or short-lived, but I can't see the JENOVA being of any benefit. In one of the trailers, Vincent directly explains that Geostigma is basically the body overcompensating for the presence of JENOVA cells. This internal conflict between a Gaian's Spirit Energy and the JENOVA cells can lead to fatigue, open wounds, and even death. Based on this, his body seems to be trying to expunge the JENOVA, so, even if it did lead to longevity, it wouldn't be of help to Cloud.

Lucrecia's reaction to the JENOVA cells was clearly different than Cloud's, in any case. I'm hopeful that the Compilation, when complete, will clear up all these lingering questions concerning the effects of JENOVA cells.

KoShiatar
08-29-2005, 06:17 PM
Yeah, I observed lots of different reactions to them. Practically every single individual had a different reaction.