PDA

View Full Version : lost opportunity

lockecole
08-27-2005, 08:02 AM
I understand how to junction magic to strength, but you have to draw magic so many times for the physical attacks enhanced by magic to be stronger than the GFs that it makes me unmotivated to draw magic.

Why draw magic if you can use GFs?

[spoiler] Hey... I was thinking... imagine the less a character (Rinoa, for example) used GFs, the more about Rinoa's childhood would be revealed, because Rinoa would have lost less memories.

What do you think?

PS I am not a that part of the game. I just read the Plot Summary at a GameFaqs walkthrough.

boys from the dwarf
08-27-2005, 10:07 AM
unfourtunatly not equipping GFs wont change a thing.i always complete the game not using GFs and only using them in easy normal battles to see what they look like.you need to be further on in the game to get good junctions(the best way is turning items into magic.)the easiest way the get good magic and junctiond right at the start is to
1.draw 100 fires,blizzards,thunders or cures.
2.use mid level magic refine to turn the 100 spells into 20 firas,blizzaras,thundaras or curas.
3.repeat until you have 100 firas,blizzaras,thundaras or curas.

Skyblade
08-27-2005, 10:21 AM
Getting more background by not equipping GFs would rock. Too bad it doesn't happen.

If you don't like drawing magic, learn all the GF's refine abilities, collect items, and refine the magic from them.

Laugh at face of Danger
08-27-2005, 07:07 PM
Towards the end, you only need to use cerberus, purely for easier defensive and curative magic casting. Then you only need Eden if you're rubbish 0 but if you're rubbish, you won't get it anyway.

It's easiest to get the highest spells from modifying cottages and wizard stones and such alike, not drawing anyway

kikimm
08-27-2005, 09:38 PM
There comes a time in the game where you're majorly screwed if all you use are GFs. :)

Jessweeee♪
08-27-2005, 11:17 PM
Look, you can't rely on gfs all of the time. I don't use them much (except for supportive ones) in battle. I just junction them so i can junction magic, refine magic, and use other abilities. Here's a couple of examples as to where you will need more than GFs:

Ultimecia will place seals in her castle so all you can do is attack. (You can unlock them, but it'll be hard seeing as you only used GFs)

And a possible spoiler: Adel will try to absorb Rinoa's powers and she'll be inside of her, if you use gfs they will hurt rinoa too. If Rinoa dies, it's game over.

Junction everything right to max out their stats and it'll be awesome.
My characters have ultima junctioned to their elemental defense so they recieve no elemental damage. Their stregnth is maxed out to 255 so they can do up to 9999 damage in a regular attack. Junction Aura do stregnth, draw at the island closest to Heaven/Hell untill you have lots of magic. Use squall, rinoa, and zells limit break. Get all of the GFs and strongest weapons.