PDA

View Full Version : Linkshell?? pfft! I'll show you a linkshell!

omnislasher
08-27-2005, 08:44 AM
how important would you say a linkshell is?

Miriel
08-27-2005, 08:54 AM
Very important.

Not just in terms of having people to help you out, do missions with, etc. But also to enjoy the game to it's fullest, a good linkshell with friendly people to talk and laugh with is essential I think.

Lionx
08-27-2005, 09:12 AM
Without LSs/guilds, MMORPGs will cease to exist or be fun.

Haunted
08-27-2005, 01:29 PM
here is how i see this game friends>fun>leveling, without friends most of the fun things couldnt happen, and basically a linkshell is a group of in-game friends

lordblazer
08-27-2005, 04:04 PM
Well its all what you want it to be. You can make friends without Linkshells. Iife never joined an LS. I still keep in contact iwth him and me hali and erikorn and vockroth and blonk all tend to get together to do stuff and we dont even have the same LS. I named those players because those of the players i PTed with in my first PT in tahrongi canyon at lvl 9 to lvl 13. Also Zaleah akak Rambo lol.

Anyway Iife made most of his friends by making PTs and forming bonds and connections that way.

LS's are fun but it depends on you as a person on rather to join one or not. Is personal preference. Also LS's is always an awesome choice. It is encourage but not mandatory. If your good with making a few friends you'll see int he world oly a few times without being in a LS then thats great. I sY DON'T JOIN THE ls THEN. bUT IF YOU PREFER TO9 BE IN A TIGHTLY NICHED GORUP THEN i SAY GO FOR IT.

(sorry for caps.)

omnislasher
08-27-2005, 05:38 PM
well, the thing is, that I joined one once, and it was so annoying because people were just talking the entire time about the stupidest crap "yea, the other day I took these crazy pills called blah blah blah blah and I was trippin ballsss, DERFFFF" it was filling up my log window when I was wanting to see what I was doing. do you always have to deal with your log window being filled up with stupid crap that doesnt apply to you? and if I put a chat filter on it, I wont be able to see when someone is trying to talk to me. what do you do to deal with this??

Miriamel
08-27-2005, 05:54 PM
Sounds like a bad choice and a pickup linkshell. :] You should join one in which you already know some people.

lordblazer
08-27-2005, 07:09 PM
well, the thing is, that I joined one once, and it was so annoying because people were just talking the entire time about the stupidest crap "yea, the other day I took these crazy pills called blah blah blah blah and I was trippin ballsss, DERFFFF" it was filling up my log window when I was wanting to see what I was doing. do you always have to deal with your log window being filled up with stupid crap that doesnt apply to you? and if I put a chat filter on it, I wont be able to see when someone is trying to talk to me. what do you do to deal with this??
drop the linkshell and form bounds with the poeple who were actually your friends on that linkshell. lol.

Lionx
08-27-2005, 08:54 PM
If you really dont like it, find another one. No one LS can fit everyone, even the "best" ones have some distaste for some people. Its up to you to find friends in a LS and try to form bonds with people. Else friends are never found because you never gave it a chance. LSs are very useful and as you go through the levels(level 20 is not high enough) it will become more and more important and its obvious.

lordblazer
08-28-2005, 12:43 AM
Bah but LS's aren't the only way of making friends. Remember that.

Lionx
08-28-2005, 01:52 AM
No its not the only way, however a LS more often than not will be more eager to help you out assuming you are closer to them. Most people on my friendlist are in the LS, if they arent i sometimes talk to them, however not as much as those in my LS. Doesnt mean i wont help them, but its much easier and most ppl are closer in the LS.

Whenever you need help, the first people you turn to more often than not is, yes the LS.

lordblazer
08-28-2005, 02:09 AM
Yeah I'm agreeing with you on that lionx stop trying to argue with me!!!

I just said ther ear e numerious ways to make firends on FF11 but LS's are the best way to do so.