PDA

View Full Version : End Of Disk 1 Faults

I Don't Need A Name
08-27-2005, 11:11 AM
has anyone noticed that when assasinating Edea, Irvine is ment to have a clear shot but Edeas float is in-fact facing the wrong way so Irvine cant even see Edea! this is proved when Squall goes to kill her by jumping from the snipering position and through the bars. when he goes through he has to run around the float.....thus proving my point. also in the battle sequence they are supposed to be fighting under an archway.....right. well all around the characters there is no arch but clear night sky!! i guess this is just because they couldnt animate it but it still left me puzzled

Chris
08-27-2005, 01:00 PM
LOL... I never noticed that? Are you sure, a flaw in a Final Fantasy game?? This is unheard of. :D

Laugh at face of Danger
08-27-2005, 07:03 PM
They obviously moved out of the archway, into the open square to have a better battle arena for all to see

- and edea hid after the bullet came for her!

I Don't Need A Name
09-14-2005, 05:05 PM
come on be real! it shows edeas float move AWAY from the clock tower with its BACK facing irvine!

Styx
09-14-2005, 07:10 PM
Every game has as a couple of flaws. I'll check this one out some time.

Skyblade
09-14-2005, 08:13 PM
Yeah, I've mentioned this before. Edea's float is heading away from the building where Irvine is waiting, but it is somehow facing the building when the shot is fired. Considering that they were locked in an area that the float barely fit in, I don't see how it could turn around.

SeeDRankLou
09-14-2005, 08:44 PM
Very minor details that are overlooked because of how fast all of this happens. I have included three pictures here. The first one ("Not aligned") shows that the float is not aligned perfectly parallel to the walls inbetween the gates, it's at an angle, probably getting ready to turn. The second ("Blue stuff") shows the blue stuff that is above and around the float, which is important for the third one ("Blocked"). In the "Blocked" picture, notice the orientation that the blue stuff is in. If the float had been turned around, and Edea was facing the clock carousel, then the blue stuff would be in the opposite orientation. And at the angle that the float was positioned, I would say that Irvine had a shot, although it does look like Edea has moved to the right a little, as in the "Blocked" picture she seems to be standing infront of the feathers on the right instead of infront of her seat.

I'd say it was done correctly, not perfectly but correctly.

Edit: And in the battle, you know how the camera sometimes zooms out and then zooms back in on something every once in a while, and then faces certain ways afterwards to give you various angles while you are fighting. Well this would have been badly inhibited, if possible at all, if they had included the walls and the archway in the graphic. I think they assumed since you were on the float that you knew you were in the archway, especially since the scene immediately beforehand showed you being in the archway.