PDA

View Full Version : Tad Easy.....

Dreddz
08-27-2005, 09:26 PM
Ive only played this game for 3 days, and im still not that far
But does the game get harder, the game is very easy IMO
Im not saying Im not enjoying it, its just i prefer challenges. And this game dosent have them.
I just find the battles to be the easiest part, and I like battles to be nice and tough.

Anywayz, when do you think the game picks up the challenge......

G SpOtZ
08-27-2005, 09:38 PM
u kno, theres ways u can make it harder for urself...

use the original weapons, no elements, etc..

but i personally think it gets harder...

and it's more fun when you start using strategies to use summons

Dreddz
08-27-2005, 10:05 PM
Im not really into all the no this or Cant use that.
But its good that it gets harder.....

G SpOtZ
08-27-2005, 10:44 PM
are you using strategies to beat bosses or just like attacking with whatever you have? cuz i think it's more fun if you spend time trying to turn the field effect the opposing color of the enemy, just to see how strong ur elements can get. it's important getting the field effect all the same color if your going to use a summon later on. and when you use summons, you get items after the battle used for refining spectral weapons, and using summons is the only way to get those items, so it makes it more fun, i think.

but i agree, some of the battles are easy. i even thought the battle with FATE was easy even tho the guide said it was probably one of the hardest. just depends how you go at it. it's better to use actual strategy than attacking with all the elements you have and not setting up cool combos or moves. also, try to use characters with triple techs. way cool, and uses time and thinking.

ShunNakamura
08-29-2005, 04:48 AM
Hm... the first time I had some trouble with fate. Don't recall why... I think I was use Guile so that may have been part of my problem. That or I just didn't bring in my strong attackers for that fight(I would randomly switch just for fun.. don't always use the same characters(cause some can really make the game alot easier if you always use them)).

Basically use the characters that you think are cool. The game is easy enough any party can do it. Though there may be a few tough spots.

As for combined techs. First there are so few I just didn't bother much with them. That basically limited my party choices so much it wasn't fun. Plus they never did as much damage as using the characters sepretly(cause you can set up the field to power one up).

One battle that seems to always bother me unless I am in new game + is that guy on the island, where you get the Serge's weapon thingy. He always would give me a run for my money. Part of the reason is I rarely use that character that you need to initiate the battle. Good caster ... but I just don't like her.

abrojtm
08-29-2005, 04:54 AM
So uh, which game are we talking about here?

G SpOtZ
08-29-2005, 05:27 AM
Hm... the first time I had some trouble with fate. Don't recall why... I think I was use Guile so that may have been part of my problem. That or I just didn't bring in my strong attackers for that fight(I would randomly switch just for fun.. don't always use the same characters(cause some can really make the game alot easier if you always use them)).

Basically use the characters that you think are cool. The game is easy enough any party can do it. Though there may be a few tough spots.

As for combined techs. First there are so few I just didn't bother much with them. That basically limited my party choices so much it wasn't fun. Plus they never did as much damage as using the characters sepretly(cause you can set up the field to power one up).

One battle that seems to always bother me unless I am in new game + is that guy on the island, where you get the Serge's weapon thingy. He always would give me a run for my money. Part of the reason is I rarely use that character that you need to initiate the battle. Good caster ... but I just don't like her.
ur talking about riddel? the first time around is WAY harder, but on new game plus, it gets way easier if you have 2 black plates. the black plates absorb Dario's tech skills so even tho his phys. attacks are strong, he has a pattern of attacking, so if he attacks a character with a black plate, it will damage them, then he will use a tech on the same person (most of the time) and it will just heal the person. there's many many many strategies on how to beat Dario, but some of them don't work as well. i forgot how i beat him exactly... but the new game + made it a lot easier. have Riddel only cure, and maybe cast snake skin on herself. Serge needs the black plate mostly, i think, so give him that if this is ur first time around. any other character would be useful, preferably Glenn because he's very strong if you have double einlanzers and x-strike, u'll be doing very nice damage. it's actually not THAT hard of a battle once you find out Dario's attack pattern, and you can stay in control most of the time. healing for a character is a MUST, along with strong armor, preferably rainbow/spectral armor (but even better, 2 more black plates in new game + files...) if you don't heal a character quick enough, dario will finish him/her off and once s/he dies, you'll spend time reviving and curing that person. winning the battle is DEFINITELY worth it tho. amazing weapon. not as strong as a spectral swallow statistically, but overall it's stronger because of it's high hit percentage with extra strong attacks. you know what i mean, like when you just attack and it does more damage every once in awhile. so it does TONS of damage with that and the einlanzers' x-strike. beautiful.

EDIT: btw, you'll lose the weapon when you start a new game plus because it's part of the story line. any other weapons you have in ur inventory that you had before you beat ur first file will continue on to new game + but the weapon you gain from dario, the masamune , will revert to the spectral swallow.

EDIT 2: you also lose the 2 einlanzers, for the same reason. but they don't revert back to anything.

this is definitely one of the hardest parts of the game, i think. maybe that and the battle against Solt, Peppor, and Ketchop. That crazy ketchop kept knockin out my characters...

as for the rest of the game, it can only be hard if you play it right. use strategies and use summons. turn field affects the opposite color of the enemy's innate. it makes it more fun.

the new game + mode is fun because you DESTROY all the bosses and enemies. if you buy spectral weapons and armor, ur practically invincible for most of the game lol. after fighting lynx at fort dragonia and lynx switches bodies with you, you fight the three other party members, correct? well normally, they're supposed to rape you into oblivion, and they just keep on attacking and you almost die instantly (in ur first file) but in new game plus, you can seriously waste all three of them. it takes time, but it's easy because they do 0-2 damage to u (or at least they did to me, mostly) and you just waste em, don't even have to cure.
hmm.. yeah.

ShunNakamura
08-29-2005, 01:01 PM
Well I know Dario ain't tough in new game +. However, I just had heck of a time the first time around. First all I had were the crap white healing spells. No holy heals(or maybe I had one.. don't remember), or real strong white elements. That and Dario hit her first... she didn't survive. I had one revive. So I said screw it and just left her dead. Fargo and Serge took him out. The blue (cure all(or whatever the best blue cure is)) was powerful enough to handle anything Dario could throw. And invincible really hurts at times.

Anyways... I just don't like having to have riddle. I find her to be generally useless. Afterall my Fargo with the blue specific heal could easily fully heal the entire party at the end of the game. And he hits harder with physical, and can hit fairly hard with techs(invincible, strength, eagle eye, etc).

G SpOtZ
08-29-2005, 09:54 PM
who has the black plate?

and riddel can be useful because of her techs, one of them being snake skin, and i forgot the others... snake skin increases defense for awhile i think. but i didn't use riddel much either. i THINK i gave her the black plate and a bunch of healing elements. then i had her attack a couple of times so she could bring up her element level, used snakeskin on herself, and then had the other characters heal themselves sometimes and attack and use elements. seriously, go look at strategies. not many of them help THAT well, but they show you his attack patter. maybe masamune1600 will come by and let us know lol. i'm too lazy to go look it up.

UWAOOOOU
08-29-2005, 10:20 PM
Nope it doesnt get harder. Only much much easier when you use new game +

G SpOtZ
08-29-2005, 10:48 PM
i forgot to add something about new game + actually....

the only part i think is hard is when you enter the bend of time to fight ozzie, slash, and flea from Chrono Trigger. they can be tough if you don't plan ahead. MAX DEFENSE PISSES ME OFFFFFFF and you HAVE to make sure you have the forget-me-not-pot and have the character that has it equipped to finish off all three of them. i'm not sure if you have to use a physical attack, but i'm pretty sure i did. you want them for the Grand Slam laters, it's nice. ^_^

ShunNakamura
08-30-2005, 03:28 AM
In new game + I was so powerful that I walked over everyone. I mean it was pathetic. I didn't have to use any strategy at all for the most part(course I could have absorbed most tactics by then too).

Anyways I have looked at guides before but they tend not to work for my playing style. Riddle does not fit in my style. My style is a paladin type attack style. Which is why I like Fargo so much. He hits fairly hard and the blue only cure can easily fill up everyone's hp. Buff him up and you got it made. So my entire grid is set to boost my attackers and heal. that is it, I have very few actual attack elements, mostly defensive or boosting.

G SpOtZ
08-30-2005, 04:59 AM
i like Glenn almost always. Fargo is great too tho, especially with stealing. i only use Fargo to steal, most importantly from the dragons for their element plate armors. otherwise it's probably gonna be pip (just because i want him to evolve) Serge and Glenn. i'm in love with X-strike. Masamune and Dual Einlanzers seriously just rape every monster. unbelievable.