PDA

View Full Version : Lineage II

Rostum
08-28-2005, 10:25 AM
Can someone tell me about this game?

On their main website, the graphics look amazing, and what they explain in most of the gameplay seems pretty damn cool. But I hear the PvP really screws this game over?

Any information would be a lot of help, thanks. ^^;

Master Quan
08-28-2005, 10:26 PM
The PvP element is what makes it so much better than FFXI.

Rostum
08-28-2005, 11:30 PM
It looks like a very nice game. But I can't help but think that the PvP would drag it down a notch? Higher levels ganking lower levels all the time? Currency sellers killing everyone for their items? How does it all work?

lordblazer
08-28-2005, 11:43 PM
It looks like a very nice game. But I can't help but think that the PvP would drag it down a notch? Higher levels ganking lower levels all the time? Currency sellers killing everyone for their items? How does it all work?
lol omecle have yo evne played the game?

lol. Well first of all depends ont he server. Never go on Barts server unless you want to get PKed plus its laggy and over crowded. Gustin is a nice server. Their are players who hunt down and kill Pkers.

You get rewarded for killing PKers. PKers dont get squat.

Then if oyu want to jsut fight for fun and nothing ont he line such as EXP. You fight in arena's against other players. Then their is the collesium. Man its amazing. Anyway its great that its P2P because its main attraction is Castle Siege. Sudden village attacks. Massive battles between rival Clans. Man this game is freaing awesome.

Plus a political setting. If your in a Clan.

Clans that aren't in allainces are called neutral clans and yeah they get screwed over pretty fast.

I remember when the AxE alliance started killing people who were in neutral clans when they entered Dragon valley.

Man we all unified and jsut took the valley lol. WE need that valley to lvl once your like lvl 36.

Then you can command craetures such as wolves,dragons that fly yes you get to ride on flying dragons if you get one at lvl 40..

My character was a Dark Elf named Kuzotz who was an assasian and used a weapon called Sword Breaker.

Gustin the server I used is a nromal size server and PKers are their but we just hunt them down kill them and get extra points.

On Bartz though. Man on a good day you'll have 10k players with red names on a killing rampage for hours on end.

Lionx
08-28-2005, 11:52 PM
He hasnt played the game LB why else would he ask?

I personally heard many mixed things, but one thing is for sure, if you dont like PvP, you arent going to enjoy this game at all. I dont know if theres a community or not, but alot of people say the PKing works but at the same time it doesnt work for certain things. Overall i heard bad things about it but i am sure there are some good. But if you dont like PvP...dont bother. I am sure thats the entire focus of the game.

Rostum
08-29-2005, 06:04 AM
Thank you for the information - and no I haven't played it, that's why I'm asking. =P

Anyways, I'll have to think about it. I can get it for 20 dollars with a free month trial. Maybe I could do that for a month and see how it is. But yeah, I'm not sure - I've been talking over with some FFXI friends and I've had the urge to play WoW again, but I am not giving up FFXI because I've spent so much time getting to level 60 and AF quests.

But thank you. ^^

Sephex
08-29-2005, 06:28 AM
Lineage II: Korea is screwed.

Lionx
08-29-2005, 07:05 AM
I still think Ballista > You, its more fun and people seem more honrable. :3

this post made by someone who played Lienage II on another forum sums it up what i feel about the game from various people playing it:

One reason i'm leaning more towards FFXI over Lineage 2, is that i've played Lineage 2, and i can say that 80% of the Lineage 2 community are either elitist pvp @$$hats, or 13 angsty kids playing Dark Elves.

Master Quan
08-29-2005, 11:19 AM
One reason i'm leaning more towards FFXI over Lineage 2, is that i've played Lineage 2, and i can say that 80% of the Lineage 2 community are either elitist pvp @$$hats, or 13 angsty kids playing Dark Elves.

Welcome to the real world.

lordblazer
08-31-2005, 09:35 PM
I still think Ballista > You, its more fun and people seem more honrable. :3

this post made by someone who played Lienage II on another forum sums it up what i feel about the game from various people playing it:

thats a big generalization lol you know on lineage 2 oyu can choose your server and to say that the community ois like that is too vast and in general. There are elitest everywhere first of all. Dark elves are kewl yeah so what.

Come to Gustin server and you'll be surprised.

Lindy
08-31-2005, 09:37 PM
Find a decent private server and play that instead, just like RO the private servers are far superior to the official ones.

Plus, it's free.

lordblazer
08-31-2005, 09:41 PM
Find a decent private server and play that instead, just like RO the private servers are far superior to the official ones.

Plus, it's free.
yeah I second your statement man. Private servers are a lot better.

Samuraid
09-02-2005, 03:21 AM
Lineage 2: Now with 50% more boobies than Lineage 1!

Looks like an interesting game. :)