PDA

View Full Version : Renovation sucks.

strawberryman
08-28-2005, 11:46 PM
Well, as the name clearly points out, my house is currently being renovated. And i'm having to move furniture, and pretty much everything aside from the air mattress now known as my bed. I don't know what everyone else is thinking, but this is TORTURE. :(

That aside, has anyone else gone through this process, and if so, what was it like to you?

Leeza
08-28-2005, 11:51 PM
I done it quite often and I rather enjoy it. :)

Polyonymous
08-28-2005, 11:52 PM
Well, about two years ago, I moved. We got everything out of the house, and we were basically living in an empty house for a few days while we moved all of our furniture. It was only for a few days, but I didn't have anything to do for those two days, what with the TV and computer gone (it's sad, I know).

strawberryman
08-28-2005, 11:55 PM
I done it quite often and I rather enjoy it. :)
Well, it isn't so much the sleeping on an air matress and having nothing in my room aside from it, it's the moving of smurfing heavy pieces of furniture down two flights of stairs. :(

...Both of which have landings.

boris no no
08-29-2005, 12:04 AM
well.....not moved for 15 years so not really ;p
our house needs renavating ;____; cannot afford to do it though

Leeza
08-29-2005, 12:22 AM
Well, it isn't so much the sleeping on an air matress and having nothing in my room aside from it, it's the moving of smurfing heavy pieces of furniture down two flights of stairs.
Yep, I've done the furniture moving as well as the renovating and I enjoy it all because I know that the results will be worth it. I wouldn't exactly call moving furniture renovating, but I guess it's something that comes with the territory.

Meat Puppet
08-29-2005, 01:41 AM
i hit my walls with a sledgehammer and spray paint from time to time, but that's about it.

Resha
08-29-2005, 01:48 AM
Well, not really that, but is moving house similar? :p

Sephex
08-29-2005, 03:48 AM
I recently moved into an apartment, and it wasn't as big of a pain in the ass as I thought it was going to be.

Calliope
08-29-2005, 07:37 AM
One half of my house was in the process of being demolished so I made my boyfriend send me plane tickets and so when I got back three months later it was all done <3.