PDA

View Full Version : Ahahahahahah!

Master Quan
08-29-2005, 03:19 PM
http://in.news.yahoo.com/050825/139/5zuzq.html

This isn't meant to offend. But aren't you all just laughing?

Resha
08-29-2005, 03:22 PM
I betchoo those two professor guys cheated somehow and changed the results. :mad2: It simply cannot be! :p

Necronopticous
08-29-2005, 03:32 PM
That was most excellent.

Yuffie514
08-29-2005, 03:48 PM
w
o
w

...man, this guy deserves some credit :mad: :

http://www.whom.co.uk/squelch/simp1.jpg

Dreddz
08-29-2005, 04:09 PM
Im not trying too sound snobby, But arent all ( most ) the historic scientists men anywayz.
but to tell you the truth, that was History
And the average man resembles a Pork Pie than anything else now..........

Master Quan
08-29-2005, 04:10 PM
I betchoo those two proffesor guys...

What else would a professor be?

He shoots, he scores,

http://www.summerbetting.com/pictures/basketball.jpg

SWISH.

Hawkeye
08-29-2005, 04:55 PM
This also goes that men are also better drivers than women, but this is old news to me

Shlup
08-29-2005, 05:05 PM
Not that I'm saying it's blatanly untrue, but I'd have to have a lot more information before I gave that study any credit. "IQ" is known in psychology to be a cheap but not terribly reliable measure of aptitude, among other possible flaws in the whole thing.

I doubt those things would account for such a large-spanned ratio though. So hooray for males.

Vyk
08-29-2005, 05:10 PM
Doesn't that also say that guys are more prone to be loser nerds?

The Jamie Star Scenario
08-29-2005, 05:12 PM
It was obvious wasn't it.
Men never threw themselves in front of a horse to get the right to vote did they?

Shlup
08-29-2005, 05:14 PM
Doesn't that also say that guys are more prone to be loser nerds?
You don't need a study to know that.

bipper
08-29-2005, 05:17 PM
This study was doen by:

Paul Irwing and Professor Richard Lynn

MEN!

Therefore they are too smart and the results should be perfect lol ;)

Bipper

Master Quan
08-29-2005, 05:19 PM
That's a completely stupid statement. There's no link between how smart some one is and how much of a nerd they are.

I know of at least 10 people who are nerdier than Urkel, but are as thick at /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif.

Shlup
08-29-2005, 05:22 PM
Did you do a study with 24,000 people to support your statement?

Master Quan
08-29-2005, 05:59 PM
That's the plan.

Resha
08-29-2005, 06:03 PM
I betchoo those two proffesor guys...

What else would a professor be?

He shoots, he scores,

http://www.summerbetting.com/pictures/basketball.jpg

SWISH.

*bites* I misspelt professor. Kill me now and let me die in shame before you in insularity. :mad2: But I won't beg for mercy. :p

Well, what would a female professor be, then? A professorette? *curious*

bipper
08-29-2005, 06:15 PM
Not as smart as a male professor ;)

the feminine is the same

edit: bah dun pissed off the wife lol :eek:
Bipper

Reles
08-29-2005, 06:16 PM
Maybe they should get their statistics someplace else, they talk about the IQ test and how once you get to a score of 155, there are 5.5 men for every woman. But this IQ test doesn't have a percentile of how many men and women actually participated in it. Also, not IQ tests can really tell you how -smart- you are, but your general thinking skills and certain logics. You can be the most emotionally influenced woman who has a hard time understanding things, yet, have wisdom and knowledge beyond any man. Because women seem to be more frail emotionally, they tend to be swayed into believing they aren't smart enough for a "man's job." If anyone has anything to say against this, please reply, :) I like the debate.

bipper
08-29-2005, 06:20 PM
I dunno, I would think that they thought that through as they took the IQ of a set sample; didint they? I don't really put much stock in IQ as well, my IQ score was above average, and I dont really think myself to be all that smart.

I think in general men can be smarter, but we tend to be lazy at the same time. Always little boys as the saying goes. Luckily we get smarter - but will always want a female teacher... duh.

Bipper ;)

Kawaii Ryûkishi
08-29-2005, 06:21 PM
This thread is incomplete without some input from Asorie.

Old Manus
08-29-2005, 06:31 PM
OWNED

Reles
08-29-2005, 06:32 PM
I dunno, I would think that they thought that through as they took the IQ of a set sample; didint they? I don't really put much stock in IQ as well, my IQ score was above average, and I dont really think myself to be all that smart.

I think in general men can be smarter, but we tend to be lazy at the same time. Always little boys as the saying goes. Luckily we get smarter - but will always want a female teacher... duh.
Bipper ;)

I don't believe there was a set sample. Men and women seem to be good at different things, but just because of the jobs men have that women don't, can't really prove that men are actually smarter. Me for instance, I'm probably not going to get a very high paying job, I'm interested in Creative Writing, the violin, and anything really artsy. You tend to a see some women want jobs having to do with interior design and fashion, but hey, that's normal for our girliness. I know that some of these women can shoot for higher goals such as being a rocket scientist, but aren't really interested in that field of expertise. I'm not saying all women follow my path, if you're wanting to be a female rocket scientist, more power to ya.

Resha
08-29-2005, 06:33 PM
Maybe they should get their statistics someplace else, they talk about the IQ test and how once you get to a score of 155, there are 5.5 men for every woman. But this IQ test doesn't have a percentile of how many men and women actually participated in it. Also, not IQ tests can really tell you how -smart- you are, but your general thinking skills and certain logics. You can be the most emotionally influenced woman who has a hard time understanding things, yet, have wisdom and knowledge beyond any man. Because women seem to be more frail emotionally, they tend to be swayed into believing they aren't smart enough for a "man's job." If anyone has anything to say against this, please reply, :) I like the debate.

I think I sorta get what you're trying to say. It's like..throughout history (and heck, even nowadays in lots of places; India, China..whatnot?) women have been treated unfairly, ARE being treated unfairly.

Paul Irwing and Professor Richard Lynn studied genetic differences in intelligence between the sexes to explain why many more men than women won Nobel Prizes or became chess grandmasters.

Wonderful. Now, for many years in history have women always received equal education to men? How long has it been since women were even expected to win the Nobel prize and be chess grandmasters? If you research onto it, you'll see that although the Nobel guy intended a nice Baroness to win the Nobel prize, but (seeing as he was dead) it was 4 years before they let her win one, and only 26 years...2-6, that is, before they let the next woman win. Seriously? Now that we're more balanced in society, more women are winning the Nobel prizes, and women WILL be chess grandmasters :p

Look at this! Looky! Looky!

In a speech earlier that year Nobel Committee Chairman Jörgen Lövland, in referring to the awards to the veterans of the peace movement, had spoken of "the men who had done this work." Small wonder that the Baroness just about gave up hope and was much surprised when the gold ring finally came around to her in 1905.

http://nobelprize.org/peace/articles/heroines/

And they still have the gall to say that. :rolleyes2

SammieBabe
08-29-2005, 06:41 PM
If men are so smart, how come my husband NEVER knows where his keys are?......

Reles
08-29-2005, 06:46 PM

xD Take my father for instance...

Dad: Where are my keys woman?!?!
Mom: Well have you even tried -looking- for them?
Dad: Uhm . . .no . . .

bipper
08-29-2005, 06:51 PM
I don't believe there was a set sample. Men and women seem to be good at different things, but just because of the jobs men have that women don't, can't really prove that men are actually smarter. Me for instance, I'm probably not going to get a very high paying job, I'm interested in Creative Writing, the violin, and anything really artsy. You tend to a see some women want jobs having to do with interior design and fashion, but hey, that's normal for our girliness. I know that some of these women can shoot for higher goals such as being a rocket scientist, but aren't really interested in that field of expertise. I'm not saying all women follow my path, if you're wanting to be a female rocket scientist, more power to ya.

I really must agree with ya there. I really don't see IQ being a relative point on judging someone. I mean, I am a porgrammer with ceratin skills, that does not mean that someone with a higher IQ tha mine has the same skills that I do or can figure out a problem better.

I teach other people things all the time and honestly some of the seemingly slower people pick things up better. Its kind of like the old analogy, If you have to know everything, you will never know nothing. You just kinda need enough faith or interest to stay at a subject.

That being said, i gues it all lies in your definition of smarter :D

I would like to thank Peter Griffon and homer simpson for taking the time to participate in this study :)

Bipper KNOWS! (Except when it comes to wallet and keys -- and my inhaler... huh:D)

SammieBabe
08-29-2005, 06:53 PM

Thank you...and she always knows right where they are doesn't she?.....

Shlup
08-29-2005, 06:55 PM
Reles brought up some of the issues I was considering when I said I'd have to have more information on the study to really give it any credit. A bunch of straight IQ tests (it doesn't even say what kind of IQ tests) aren't really valid data, along with societal issues.

Reles
08-29-2005, 07:05 PM

Thank you...and she always knows right where they are doesn't she?.....

Exactly, or she ends up finding them quicker than my father.

StarlightAngel
08-29-2005, 07:12 PM
Wow. I'd have never guessed that from some of my classmates.

Master Quan
08-29-2005, 07:19 PM
But this IQ test doesn't have a percentile of how many men and women actually participated in it.

Do you actually think they'd use anything other than 50-50? They're conducting a study, did you actually entertain the thought that they would put something like 20 women in the test and 1000 men?

Please don't be so bold as to say, "well they are men after all" because that would be really retarded.

...and while I'm at it.

*bites* I misspelt professor. Kill me now and let me die in shame before you in insularity. :mad2: But I won't beg for mercy. :p

Well, what would a female professor be, then? A professorette? *curious*

I wasn't pointing out that you messed up your spelling. I was making a joke that would suggest that a professor couldn't be anything but a man.

Reles
08-29-2005, 07:41 PM
But this IQ test doesn't have a percentile of how many men and women actually participated in it.

Do you actually think they'd use anything other than 50-50? They're conducting a study, did you actually entertain the thought that they would put something like 20 women in the test and 1000 men?

Please don't be so bold as to say, "well they are men after all" because that would be really retarded.

...and while I'm at it.

I never said "well they are men after all." xD Maybe someone else did, but not me. And if they are using 50 men and 50 women, they didn't prove it in the essay, everyone reliable essay I've read have put appropriate percentiles to validate their point. Obviously these people could have left out the percentile because either it's false or they're horrible at getting their point across with the appropriate stats. Also, there are other things I've attacked on the IQ test. So this lack of evidence isn't my only attack on the entire matter.

Another thing, if you use the Internet to prove that men are smarter than women, you come across completely biased people or even horrible documents regarding it. If you find something in an unbiased magazine or newspaper, let me know.

Shoeberto
08-29-2005, 07:44 PM
Veronica Corningstone: Mr. Burgundy, I am a professional and I would like to do my job.
Ron Burgundy: Big deal! I am very professional!
Veronica Corningstone: Mr. Burgundy, you are acting like a baby.
Ron Burgundy: I'm not a baby, I'm a MAN, I am an ANCHORMAN!
Veronica Corningstone: You are not a man. You are a big fat joke!
Ron Burgundy: I'm a man who discovered the wheel and built the Eiffel Tower out of metal and brawn. That's what kind of man I am. You're just a woman with a small brain. With a brain a third the size of us. It's science.

Garnie
08-29-2005, 07:48 PM
Grrrrrrrrrr

Master Quan
And if they are using 50 men and 50 women, they didn't prove it in the essay..

But then again, would you believe it anyway? It was, after all, written by a DUDE.

Jojee
lol this thread is funny. ^_~

It's amusing how all the men are going "Wow awesome, yeah that might be/seems true..." and all the women are like, "This study is biased and etc..." xD

And all I have to say is.... Screw the studies, look at the individuals, and I am the smartest so nyah ^_^

Master Quan
08-29-2005, 07:49 PM
It's amusing how all the men are going "Wow awesome, yeah that might be/seems true..." and all the women are like, "This study is biased and etc..." xD

It would be no different were the roles reversed.

Jojee
08-29-2005, 07:51 PM
Whatever do you mean? :)

Master Quan
08-29-2005, 07:52 PM
Oh right, I got you, like that would EVER happen.

Jojee
08-29-2005, 07:54 PM
XD

All right, that's it, me and you, right now! *rawr* Fight!!

(After I go work out, laters ^_^)

Reles
08-29-2005, 07:57 PM
And if they are using 50 men and 50 women, they didn't prove it in the essay..

But then again, would you believe it anyway? It was, after all, written by a DUDE.

No I wouldn't believe it, because I know it isn't true. If you wonder why, read above.

bipper
08-29-2005, 08:08 PM
Veronica Corningstone: Mr. Burgundy, I am a professional and I would like to do my job.
Ron Burgundy: Big deal! I am very professional!
Veronica Corningstone: Mr. Burgundy, you are acting like a baby.
Ron Burgundy: I'm not a baby, I'm a MAN, I am an ANCHORMAN!
Veronica Corningstone: You are not a man. You are a big fat joke!
Ron Burgundy: I'm a man who discovered the wheel and built the Eiffel Tower out of metal and brawn. That's what kind of man I am. You're just a woman with a small brain. With a brain a third the size of us. It's science.

Everything is described best from an anchorman :)

Thanks hsu :)

Bipper - its science!

Lindy
08-29-2005, 08:12 PM
All men and women are idiots.

The end.

Shlup
08-29-2005, 08:17 PM
Quan, why are you so heavy on the defensive? "well they are men after all" "It was, after all, written by a DUDE." "It would be no different were the roles reversed." No one's beating that horse.

Kamiko
08-29-2005, 08:17 PM
Sounds like a Load of crap to me. :fpenerg:

Psychotic
08-29-2005, 08:18 PM
All men and women are idiots.

The end.What about hermaphrodites?

Lindy
08-29-2005, 08:18 PM
Doubly so.

Jebus
08-29-2005, 08:27 PM
Am I the only one who's a bit annoyed by all the "men are better" or "women are better" arguments? Intelligence fluctuates from person to person. Gender doesn't matter. The only natural difference is the genitalia and stature. The strength and any major intelligence differences are from years of conditioning. Kind of a short term Darwinism.

DMKA
08-29-2005, 08:42 PM
lol India

Master Quan
08-29-2005, 09:03 PM
Quan, why are you so heavy on the defensive? "well they are men after all" "It was, after all, written by a DUDE." "It would be no different were the roles reversed." No one's beating that horse.

I'm not trying to be defensive, I'm trying to antagonise the situation by twisting peoples words.

Shlup
08-29-2005, 09:22 PM
I'm not trying to be defensive, I'm trying to antagonise the situation by twisting peoples words.
Fair enough. xD

bipper
08-29-2005, 10:32 PM
Am I the only one who's a bit annoyed by all the "men are better" or "women are better" arguments? Intelligence fluctuates from person to person. Gender doesn't matter. The only natural difference is the genitalia and stature. The strength and any major intelligence differences are from years of conditioning. Kind of a short term Darwinism.

the effects of sex hormones on brain organization occur so early in life that from the start the environment is acting on differently wired brains in boys and girls. These diffrently wired brains make us solve intelectual problems differently. Testostorone and estrogen both have major influences on the thinking process.

Testorone makes boys like to play rougher and compete more. These testosorone levels also affect the speed and clearness of our thinking. Higher testosorone can lead to faster thinking, at the cost of concious thinking. I really got into this in AP bio 2. I wrote a long ass paper on it, now i cant find it.... :mad:

Bipper

Resha
08-29-2005, 11:00 PM
I wasn't pointing out that you messed up your spelling. I was making a joke that would suggest that a professor couldn't be anything but a man.

I don't get it. :( :confused:

Shlup
08-30-2005, 12:32 AM
Resha: "The professors are male."
Quan: "What else would a professor, being a job that requires intelligence, be? Certainly not a female."
Resha: "*angry face*"

rubah
08-30-2005, 12:35 AM
I can whip most of the boys in our school at most academic things, so I am content~

Rengori
08-30-2005, 12:50 AM
There are a few reasons I think this is just a load of bullcrap:

1) As previously stated, the odds of Men to Women weren't included in the article.

2) This was out of the smart people. How many were you everyday average joes?

3) Men aren't better than women and vice-versa. I don't mind sexist jokes, because they're just that, jokes. When someone says that they're better because they're a man or woman, than I get mad.

Master Quan
08-30-2005, 12:52 AM
I can whip most of the boys in our school at most academic things, so I am content~

*ruffles rubah's hair out of place*

There's a good lass.

Resha
08-30-2005, 12:57 AM
Resha: "The professors are male."
Quan: "What else would a professor, being a job that requires intelligence, be? Certainly not a female."
Resha: "*angry face*"

OOOH! I geddit.

:mad2: Nonononono.

When I grow up I'll be a professor, nyayahaha!!!! And I'll be a chess grandmaster and a Nobel prize winner. I'll be everything and then I'll go and whap those two professors.

Master Quan
08-30-2005, 01:01 AM
When I grow up I'll be a professor, nyayahaha!!!! And I'll be a chess grandmaster and a Nobel prize winner. I'll be everything and then I'll go and whap those two professors.

While you're at it, I have some lead, and it'd be nice if you could turn it into gold.

Last crack at women I take, I swear. It was just too open.

Rengori
08-30-2005, 01:03 AM
While you're at it, I have some lead, and it'd be nice if you could turn it into gold.
What if she's an alchemist and really can turn lead into gold?

Master Quan
08-30-2005, 01:03 AM
You speak lies.

bipper
08-30-2005, 01:20 AM
**Insert sexual harrasment lawyer's card here :D **

Its like my Dad told me:

Its like this... We can be smarter, faster, stronger, quicker, and just plain better and they will still always beat us.

yup; its true. I blame anatomy for those damn distractions :love:

Bipper

Resha
08-30-2005, 05:18 AM

Last crack at women I take, I swear. It was just too open.

Expect an invitation to play golf with me and the Dean of Oxford (maybe Harvard, who knows? Although I suppose the Dean of Oxford is more likely to play golf, what?) in approximately 25 years. :mad2:

And I am no hand-of-Midas plz. :( Unfortunately.

Hawkeye
08-30-2005, 06:37 AM
Men>women

Meat Puppet
08-30-2005, 06:56 AM
i'm kind of like a girl

Shoden
09-01-2005, 12:18 AM
Emily Howard XD.

reminds me of Fry from Futurama.