PDA

View Full Version : What? Translate that, please!

Dixie
08-30-2005, 12:48 AM
So...today is my first day of spanish class...I HAD NO IDEA WHAT THE TEACHER WAS SAYING TO ME! She spoke so fast in spanish....I got the message, but maybe the speed talking....it's all in my head...anyways, she gave us homework, and it's in spanish. All of it...BUT! It's just the basics...:) It's still confusing!:(

Did you take spanish or french or whatever in middle school? Was it hard or easy? Did you pass the class? Are you still taking spanish/french/whatever in school?

("¿Cómo usted se llama?" ...."How do you call yourself", I think...."Me llamo Leah." ....That's how I reply...I think...:p)

Shlup
08-30-2005, 12:50 AM
Yeah, that's the proper response. I took Spanish in 7th grade. It sucked. It was easy, I got 100% on every single thing (except one test where I missed one question) and the jerk gave me a B. Damn her!

I'm also quite proficient in Spanglish, but that's 'cause I live in Mexifornia.

rubah
08-30-2005, 12:50 AM
I'm the first second year of French at my school. It's been pretty easy. I have trouble understanding it spoken very fast though xD

kikimm
08-30-2005, 12:51 AM
My middle school didn't teach languages, so I didn't have to learn anything. If it did, I would have taken French, though.

Now I'm taking German, which is becoming increasignly boring and dumb and I don't want to do it anymore. :cool:

Shlup
08-30-2005, 12:52 AM
I don't even know why I took Spanish in junior high. I prefer American Sign Language as my foriegn language.

Master Quan
08-30-2005, 12:55 AM
I attempted do learn German, but soon became bored and resolved to learn some more english swear words instead.

Usually I don't even make an effort to learn other languages. I demand all people to conform to my crazy demands.

Resha
08-30-2005, 12:59 AM
We learnt a bit of Spanish in French class. Me llama Resha! ¿Cómo estas?

Hawkeye
08-30-2005, 01:06 AM
I was too much of a lazy ass to go onto Spanish 3, even though I'm hispanic

nik0tine
08-30-2005, 01:12 AM
I took French in highschool, slept in class, never did my homework, and didn't pay attention and come test time, I knew absolutely nothing. However, I still managed to pass both French one and two with C's by logically guessing my way through every single one of my tests. I suggest you do this.

bipper
08-30-2005, 01:15 AM
I did the same as nic0 -- same language same class, same excuse, same grade. Although I think soon spanish will legitamatley be a survival skill if your in the states. So usse your own judgment.

buy some dora the exploa dvds and attend live shows

Bipper

Rye
08-30-2005, 01:22 AM
I took French for about 3 1/2 years and Spanish for half a year, since the first year of Middle School meant I had to take a half a year of both. I dropped French, it's not a very interesting language to me, and it's hard.

Dixie
08-30-2005, 01:35 AM
I took French in highschool, slept in class, never did my homework, and didn't pay attention and come test time, I knew absolutely nothing. However, I still managed to pass both French one and two with C's by logically guessing my way through every single one of my tests. I suggest you do this.No thanks. I don't like to get C's.

(¡Buena tarde! :D)

Hawkeye
08-30-2005, 01:37 AM
No thanks. I don't like to get C's.

(¡Buenas tarde! :D)
Fix'd

Momiji
08-30-2005, 01:37 AM
We learnt a bit of Spanish in French class. Me llama Resha! ¿Cómo estas?

Estoy bien. ¿Y tu? Me llama Justin.

Fuzakeru
08-30-2005, 01:58 AM
I took French for one year because it was required.

My teacher was a Candaian Jewish man . . . who was obsessed with Nazi.

I passed with a 101.somenumbers

Kirobaito
08-30-2005, 01:59 AM
So...today is my first day of spanish class...I HAD NO IDEA WHAT THE TEACHER WAS SAYING TO ME! She spoke so fast in spanish....I got the message, but maybe the speed talking....it's all in my head...anyways, she gave us homework, and it's in spanish. All of it...BUT! It's just the basics...:) It's still confusing!:(

Did you take spanish or french or whatever in middle school? Was it hard or easy? Did you pass the class? Are you still taking spanish/french/whatever in school?

("¿Cómo usted se llama?" ...."How do you call yourself", I think...."Me llamo Leah." ....That's how I reply...I think...:p)
Your teacher gave you homework that was in Spanish your first day of class? Wow. Even the directions?

And yeah, you totally used the response I gave you.

Edit: Oh yeah. I took two courses of Spanish, I and III, and I tested out of II. If I try, I can speak it pretty fluently. ;)

Polyonymous
08-30-2005, 02:35 AM
I took spanish in 8th grade. I did good in it for the first quarter, but it got boring, and I started sleeping in class. I must say, after I started taking naps in class, I started getting bad grades... whodov thunk.

SomethingBig
08-30-2005, 02:37 AM
I've been taking French for 5 years now. My class thinks I'm sort of French prodigy, but wait 'til they see me in action this year in AP(Advanced Placement courses are college-level courses) French. There'll be 0 english in class at all time. Darn. G'luck with Spanish.

Shoeberto
08-30-2005, 04:02 AM
I'm going to my third year of Spanish this year. I still don't speak it very fluently, and slack off, but everyone in all of my Spanish classes have been so absolutely stupid in comparison to my slackass-ness that I generally excel and have the favor of the teachers.

The language is pretty boring, but y'know. Looks good for colleges and stuff.

Rusty
08-30-2005, 04:34 AM
No, I never took Spanish or French in school. I was always required to learn Indonesian. I think it's because Indonesia is Australia's neighbour and lots of Australians travel to Indonesia.

Resha
08-30-2005, 04:40 AM
No, I never took Spanish or French in school. I was always required to learn Indonesian. I think it's because Indonesia is Australia's neighbour and lots of Australians travel to Indonesia.

OMG You were???? >=0 Indonesian is a lot like Malay! :D Yay! There are some slight differences though. Not totally sure what they are but eh :confused:

escobert
08-30-2005, 04:43 AM
I took the frenchness for 3 years.

Rusty
08-30-2005, 04:54 AM

OMG You were???? >=0 Indonesian is a lot like Malay! :D Yay! There are some slight differences though. Not totally sure what they are but eh :confused:

I was! Always, in all the schools I went to, the language we had to learn was Indonesian.

Meat Puppet
08-30-2005, 05:10 AM
i got enoug htrouble with english

TheForgottenOne
08-30-2005, 05:20 AM
I took 2 years of high school German. I got lucky with a really great interesting teacher that made it really incredibly easy. Then I had to have a foreign language in college... it was between Spanish and French. My prof was a total jerk. I barely got a C. It was hard to understand. He thought I would get it as fast as everyone else if he just screamed at me in French.... all 12 happened to have had 3-4 years of French prior to the 1st semester. French sucks. Deutsch ist bessier.

Indonesian. Wow. I've heard that's a bit hard.

Faris
08-30-2005, 05:28 AM
I took french from Kindegarden to grade 9. I quit this year because I had taken a grade 10 course, it's a hard language (written grammar wise though) and I'm getting really sick of it. >.<

I'd love to learn spanish though. :D

Resha
08-30-2005, 05:38 AM
French is really hard. I've been doing it for like...4 years + now and I suffer. But after I do my GCSEs I'm dumping it. :D

GrimmReaper
08-30-2005, 06:19 AM
i had taken 2 years of french. aced them the whole way through, payed attention an got goodtest scores.
unfortunately i never really learned anything.
thus i never retained interest. so i switched to italian.
i like the language.really. but i had a moron of a teacher.
and so i lost interest in taking the course, and never went further with it.
though, i had graduated after that, so i could'nt have gone further there if i wanted.

Drift
08-30-2005, 07:34 AM
German~ got a D xDDD

Odaisé Gaelach
08-30-2005, 07:45 PM
I had a choice to learn French or German, and I chose French.

I had a really good teacher for the first while. Then in my 5th year he left and instead I had a really bad one after that. I just lost interest in it from there on in :mad:

And now I'm trying to learn Russian.

Psychotic
08-30-2005, 07:57 PM
I took French and German, and then had to drop one of them 3 years later, and I dropped French. Best choice I ever made.

Garnie
08-30-2005, 07:59 PM
i think it means........................huh??

Doomie
08-30-2005, 08:22 PM
I've been taking French for my entire life. It doesn't get any more interesting.

Giga Guess
08-30-2005, 11:45 PM
In my first school, I'd've taken French come Grade 10. In my new school, I'd've been taking it since Grade 2. So I traded French in for an additional Science.