PDA

View Full Version : FFT vs. FFT Advanced

DarkSideWarrior
08-30-2005, 06:17 AM
FFT was probably my favorite game and i looked forward to FFTA but i was very dissapointed in the game and really hated it. Your opinions and point of views would be appreciated.

Tama2
08-30-2005, 06:19 AM
FFT of course.

Azure Chrysanthemum
08-30-2005, 06:47 AM
Final Fantasy Tactics is superior to Final Fantasy Tactics: Advanced (hahaha) in just about every way. The only possible thing Advanced has going for it that Tactics didn't do better is the race issue.

Despotus
08-30-2005, 12:45 PM
Definitely the original Tactics. But, to be fair, shouldn't you post a similar thread on the FFTA page to see if they agree? Just posting here will guarantee a biased vote. :(

TurkSlayer
08-30-2005, 07:26 PM
There's no comparison. Tactics is unquestionably superior I'm not saying TA is bad, it's an okay game, but it's an insult to compare it to the original Tactics.

DarkSideWarrior
08-31-2005, 12:39 AM
I posted the same thread in the FFTA section, thanks for the suggestion.

XxSephirothxX
08-31-2005, 01:24 AM
Quite honestly, I enjoyed Tactics Advance more. Now, before anyone jumps on me, I've got a few reasons:
1) I didn't get far in the original Tactics when I tried to play it this summer. It just felt too slow and I wasn't willing to devote the amount of time to it. Maybe TA was just as slow and I was just in a different mindset at the time.
2) I didn't really care about TA's story, I just loved the way it played. I really like the gaining abilities from weapons system, as well.

kawakami Gensai
08-31-2005, 01:25 AM
The only really fun thing about TA is the mutiplayer stuff. However it's way too easy. Tactics was way better.

Primus Inter Pares
08-31-2005, 04:15 PM
Final Fantasy Tactics is superior to Final Fantasy Tactics: Advanced (hahaha) in just about every way. The only possible thing Advanced has going for it that Tactics didn't do better is the race issue.

RedCydranth
08-31-2005, 08:34 PM
Guess what I voted? Yup Democrat....er.... Tactics.

Eternal Dark Night
09-04-2005, 06:37 AM
you can all ways play FFTA when you go some were but that will make you blood thirsty for FFT besides FFTA is an imatation of the real thing maybe its for smaller people kids? FFT is the ultimate challenge! :cool:

Pharoh Amon Khan III
10-01-2005, 05:58 AM
I did not 'hate' FFTA as much as I LOVE, LOVE, LE-OH-UH-VVVVVE the Briliance, the Majesty of Final Fantasy Tactics simply because... The magic aspect did not involve as much strategy. If you used magic, it happened instantly in that turn/phase. There was no charge time (CT), there was no suspense as when one forgot that "Meteor" was coming down upon all unspecting heads, both friend and foe. (Rad, as a Time Mage, often did this on Auto-Battle; loads of greif and laughs).

If charge time had been available with the two player/versus option... Oh, it would have been a masterpiece. And that's all I have to say about that.

greymon138
10-09-2005, 01:26 PM
FFT, because I haven't played FFTA.

Cruise Control
10-11-2005, 10:39 PM
I don't care what forum its in, FFTA still owns.

Quiksilver326
10-12-2005, 12:06 AM
FFT, Cloud's in it, and I hated the laws in FFTA, maybe that's why there's no charge time.

feioncastor
10-16-2005, 06:28 PM
FFT, Cloud's in it.
This is probably the worst reason to like FFT. It's a good reason to like FF7, but in FFT, Cloud is devoid of personality and relevance to the story, but I guess, whatever...

Anyway, this thread seems a bit strange. Everyone knows that FFT was far, far, far, far superior. Not only to FFTA, but to every other video game ever made.

Just my thought.

Dreddz
10-16-2005, 06:31 PM
Ive only played like an hour of FFTA, and Im near the end of FFT
I think FFT is alot better, even though Ive only played a snippet of FFTA....

totalgoth
10-23-2005, 12:24 AM
i played FFTA before FFtT, so i really liked FFTA and when i played FFT i just treated it like a sequal, cause its like FFTA but alot better.

ThroneofDravaris
10-23-2005, 12:38 PM
FFT, because it has incest.

Creed
10-23-2005, 02:00 PM
Since I havent really played FFT yet but its on the top of my must get list because im trying to get every FF game.Since I have played FFTA alot more and soooooo close to beating it I just chose that.And the other reason why I havent got FFT is that im still a little tedious about the death system in FFT....I mean it makes the game realistic but they are lost forever thats just a little much for a FF game....but im gonna get it just because I can.

P.S.

Can anyone tell me what happens when one of your characters are infected with Marblow virus...I was looking at the thread at the home page and I saw that and I just wanted to know what happens...are they lost forever or do they come back after the battle?

ShunNakamura
10-24-2005, 04:36 AM
In tactics if your character crystalizes or turns to a chest(dead for 3 turns or so) then they are gone forever.

Three of that characters turn is generally plenty of time to either revive them or kill off the enemy. Though if you try to revive it can be quite annoying if the raise spell just won't hit your character :(

Creed
10-25-2005, 12:55 AM
What about the Marbalo Virus effect....I read somewhere that its perminent but does that mean they are in your party but as a Marbalo or you have to kill them and their gone forever.....

Azure Chrysanthemum
10-25-2005, 02:44 AM
The "Moldball Virus" is an attack that the computer does not employ, and as I've not bred Marlboros I can't vouch for what it does. The ONLY way to get that attack is to have someone with Monster Skill equipped next to a Greater Marlboro, so you'd have to use it on yourself for it to happen.

MageAquila
10-25-2005, 04:55 AM
FFT had so much more customization, anyone could become anything with a bit of work, with the exceptions of the special classes and the bard/dancer. Being able to recruit and name my characters rocks, because then it's like it's my friends and I off saving the world, and all shall fell the wrath of my Bolt4.

OblivionKing
11-09-2005, 02:26 AM
Honestly I think that tactics was by far the better.

Although the magic and skills in Adv. was better because of the no charge time, but that takes away some of the tactics part of the game. Plus Adv. was way to kiddy and felt like it was like a disney to a universal movie in terms of audience. The race part added some depth, but i prefer being able to turn any character i want into any class i want.

Tactics all the way.:cool:

Masamune·1600
11-09-2005, 08:39 AM
Moldball Virus, if successful, turns a target into a Morbol. As Void said, Moldball Virus can only be used on an ally if you yourself employ the technique. If it hits, the ally will be turned into a Morbol; this change is permanent. Fortunately, only monsters and generic humans are susceptible to the status; characters like Agrias and Mustadio are immune.

Like most of the other posters in this thread, I prefer FFT to FFTA.

Aurora_sword
11-22-2005, 09:43 PM
FFTA is a laugh.
I think the answer is very obvious, FFT

UWAOOOOU
12-10-2005, 09:59 PM
Tactics for its storyline.

The Mighty Sabotender
12-11-2005, 01:24 PM
Final Fantasy Tactics. Advance was like Final Fantasy Tactics Lite.

Alexander
12-16-2005, 02:29 PM
FFT has better plot, better jobs (aside of Elementalist, that IMO pwns most of FF magical classes), better jogability, better main character, and even better graphics. Plus, FFT doesn't have that stupid Law thing.

FFT >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> FFTA. For the win. :love:

Rengori
12-18-2005, 12:23 AM
The judges are racist.

Nanaki_XIII
12-18-2005, 04:45 AM
I'm going with FFT here
1)cloud always a plus
2)FFTA felt too kiddy for my taste
3)the fact that I'm branded a heretic in the 2nd chapter have to fight my brothers etc(a dark tone) just roxs my soxs
4)awesome customaztion possiblites
5)better graphics in FFT
6)the CT just added more actual tactics to the game
I could go on but I think 6 is enough reasons to show why FT owns FFTA

Azure Chrysanthemum
12-18-2005, 07:42 AM
The fact that Cloud is number 1 on that list makes me wince, I must admit.

Nanaki_XIII
12-19-2005, 02:15 AM
it's just what I felt like putting first I guess I should of have put "in no particular order" in that post cause if it was in order first would be dark tone then too kiddy the CT the cutomazation possiblites then graphics then the fact that cloud is in the game

dragon_slayer789
12-22-2005, 10:45 PM
no dought that fft is the best so much more to do and no laws!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Angel of Death
12-23-2005, 10:30 AM
Well, I've had this discussion in some other forums, so I will simply state the following:

FFT is better than FFTA, if you disagree, you are WRONG! :)

Stranger
12-28-2005, 02:33 AM
ffta doesn't really have an in depth story line like fft, so fft is better

Remon
12-29-2005, 12:26 PM
FFT is better..i think because i haven't played FFTA:choc2:

baconbob18
01-02-2006, 11:26 PM
fft definately its stupid how u learn from weapons or armor and fft is much mor in depth its not even close

Starcrest
01-03-2006, 12:02 AM
i agree, how you learn skills is stupid, you'd have to go and spend a lot of money on weapons you probably won't even use again to learn abilities, and some cost a lot, in Tactics, you just fight and get JP, simple enough. And the plot in FFT was better then FFTA, even though I don't entirely know FFTA's yet, my friend does, and he's told me some of it, and I didn't like it

yuno
01-22-2006, 04:10 PM
FFTA has doublecast,something that FFT doesn't have...

...then again,FFT has math skill,something that FFTA doesn't have.

FFT wins!!!^_^

Ziekfried
01-25-2006, 02:20 AM
It is really quite simple FFT whoever thinks otherwise is a little sissypance and needs to face whoever they got in FFTA against my whole LV99 crew in FFT and then we'd see whichis better.

yuno
01-25-2006, 05:27 PM
It is really quite simple FFT whoever thinks otherwise is a little sissypance and needs to face whoever they got in FFTA against my whole LV99 crew in FFT and then we'd see whichis better.
hey,that's not fair to those ffta fans man.ffta's max level is only 50.

Ziekfried
01-25-2006, 06:30 PM
hey,that's not fair to those ffta fans man.ffta's max level is only 50.

Exactly why FFT rule even more.

Slayer1514
01-27-2006, 01:38 AM
FFT is just beter than FFTA

Baalirock
02-01-2006, 09:26 PM
First time poster here.

FF Tactics is undoubtedly superior to FFTA. It's my favorite game, and it's the reason I've joined these very forums. However, FFTA is not without its merit. Not only does it hold the dubious honor of being a "dealbreaker" game for me (as in, it's the reason I bought a GBA), but it's one of the only FF games that can actually be considered a sequel.

So, since we're all in agreement that FFT is totally better, I thought I'd share a few of the things I liked about FFTA.

-Being able to change jobs/items before a battle

-Being able to see all enemies/the entire battlefield before choosing your team.

-Quicksave, yo!

-Different Races. I see this as a 2 edged sword, because while I like FFT's infinite customization possibilities, I thought the new races added some more flavor. Now if only my main character could become an Assassin or Dragoon... grr.

-New classes. Assassin, Sniper, Elementalist (even though it's a poor substitute for Geomancer), Defender, Gladiator, Red and Blue Mages... all cool additions.

-Law Cards. These took some getting used to, but I thought they were innovative. Always fun to watch the enemy get penalty cards.

-Better translation. FFT has an incredibly intricate plot, that translates pretty well, but takes a LOT of paying attention to fully comprehend. A few extra translators would have made this a bit easier. Besides, "Breath" and "Bracelet" are definitely not the same thing.

-Dragoons. "Lancer" sounds gay, especially if said out loud.

-Slower advancement. Again, a mixed blessing. I think that it's lame that you have to rely on items to learn skills, but I do think it makes more sense to require learning skills to unlock new classes, instead of gaining "Class Levels".

And now, a few of FFT's pros over FFTA:

-Way cooler Summons. Now, I'm not the type who thinks that an FF game should be all about the Summons (*cough* FF8 *cough*), but I do enjoy seeing what Squeenix's art department comes up with, and FFT delivers nearly perfectly. All cool to look at, and they don't take a freaking hour to display.

-Better Music.

-Better Graphics

-More challenge/strategy. Dude, no charge times is the suck.

-More customability. Nuff said.

-Better Storyline. FFTA was geared towards a younger audience (so it seemed to me, anyway), and FFT has one of the best storylines in any game, ever. Chrono Trigger and FF6 notwithstanding.

-"Special" characters. Yeah, if you cheat (because really, how else would you know to do this), you can find Lini the Freaking Moogle and get his lame ass abilities, along with a few others, but none of them can hold a candle to TG Cid, Mustadio, and my favorite, Agrias.

-Geomancer, Samurai, Calculator job classes. Geomancy rocks my socks!

-Single playerness. Don't get me wrong, I think it's kinda cool that you can interact w/ folks via wire hookup, but... to trade items and soldiers? Lame. I'm pretty sure you can't actually battle your friends, so what's the point? and on that same note...

-Secret Hunt. Poaching is totally better than relying on friends to help your stores get stocked.

And finally, as a difference (not really good or bad about either game), I thought is was kinda cool that in FFTA, you could start using your new abilities as soon as you found the corrseponding items, while FFT required planning. Do you save up for Hamedo, or buy Chakra now?

So there's my 2 cents. I didn't see anybody else really defending FFTA, so I felt it was my duty to do so. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go play through FFT for the 5th time. :D