PDA

View Full Version : Advent Children in Venice

KoShiatar
08-30-2005, 09:22 AM
I'm writing this to announce I finally got the tickets for the Venice show. (There will be two other shows in other cinemas next week, but I'm going to the prime).
So if the admins want me to write a short report, or if someone wants to ask me any questions, I'm here.

Leene
08-30-2005, 09:53 AM
:save:You are very lucky.:save:

Tifa's Real Lover(really
08-30-2005, 08:43 PM
take me with u?

Big D
09-01-2005, 04:44 AM
You get to see the entire movie... subtitled... one the big screen in Venice?
"Lucky" doesn't even begin to describe it. :thumb:

Also, you and I have the same birthday which is irrelevant but kinda cool.

KoShiatar
09-01-2005, 02:59 PM
Hehe yes, that's what happened. It was Japanese subtitled both in English and Italian (Italian titles were more faihful to the original in my opinion). Nomura, Kitase, Cloud's and Tifa's voice actors (sorry Social Moon Firesky, I must have told you it was Aeris...) and some other were there, too.
Yes, I feel really lucky ^__^ Feel free to ask me questions if you want.

Ah, and for those who did not know, the movie's gonna be showed again twice next week in two other cinemas (on Monday and Tuesday), on a more human time schedule (this one was at 00.45 in the night!!)

Edit: The same birthday? Coolie! ^__^

Larahl
09-01-2005, 09:37 PM
I think the big question that everyone wants to know is:
"Is it way way way way way way way better then TSW?"

KoShiatar
09-01-2005, 10:08 PM
LOL! I haven't seen The Spirits Within, but since people complained because it was visually stunning but had a crappy storyline, then I'll tell you it should be better.
I considered this storyline like a big fanservice, but a good one. Better than I was expecting. My overall judgement on the movie is positive.

Tifa's Real Lover(really
09-01-2005, 10:46 PM
u saw it already?!?!?!?!

Lord Magician
09-01-2005, 11:09 PM
If you did, don't screw me the ending. Or I will not show my face in this web site for a LONG time! :(

Big D
09-02-2005, 04:17 AM
Some questions for KoShiatar...

Does AC have an open ending, or is it quite 'conclusive'? (I don't want to know what happens at the end, but it'd be nice to know if it wraps things up).

Does the story answer any of the big unanswered questions from the game? (Again, all I wanna find out is whether the movie provides answers, not the actual answers themselves).

And lastly... did AC live up to your expectations, and did it live up to the phenomenal amount of hype we've seen on the internet?

KoShiatar
09-02-2005, 09:59 PM
AC has an open ending, in the sense that nothing is solved definitively (except maybe that Cloud seems to stop feeling guilty for Aeris' death). You don't even clearly understand if they definitively got rid of Jenova or not. Nobody states that clearly. And there are a lot of plotholes, too. Good stuff for fanfictioners. I wonder if they will explain them in Crisis Core (Nomura said they were NOT going to in DoC), add another title to the Compilation, or simply leave them as they are.

Hum...it depends on what are the big questions you are talking about. Some of them are answered (like what happened to Rufus...well, I suppose everybody knows that by now), other (the majority, I think) are left just as they are.

Final answer....well, AC did live up to my expectation, but I always was extremely careful not to hype it too much for myself. (I won't hide I was incredibly excited abou it, though. The night before I went to buy the tickets I just tossed and turned in my bed and got, like, 2 hours of sleep.)
I was afraid the plot would be just an excuse for some fanservice, but luckily there *is* fanservice, but there also are other things to it.
It is, basically, a BIG special. And a good one at that - a really good one. It won't win any Oscars, though, I suppose. But even the two senpai I went to see it with quite liked it, and they are EXTREMELY criticizing persons. If they had thought it sucked, they wouldn't have exitated just a second to say so.

Personally, as days go by I start feeling like I want to see it again. And that means I enjoyed it really a lot.

Big D
09-03-2005, 01:15 AM
Ah, thanks for that:) I haven't read what's behind your spoiler tags... but the rest of your review's been handy.

*Looks forward to the movie as much as ever*

Lord Magician
09-03-2005, 04:05 AM
Bull sh*t!!!

I took a peak under spoiler for two words I only saw. Cloud and Jenova.

I STILL DO NOT BELIVE WHAT YOU SAID, SO I WILL JUST STAY AWAY FROM THIS THREAD FOR 3 MILLLION YEARS!

KoShiatar
09-03-2005, 09:01 PM
Spoiler is marked as such, so read it your own risk....*shooes LM out of the thread* :P

Lord Magician
09-04-2005, 12:06 AM
Well I am still here.

and I have questons, and tell me the truth if you really did not see the movie.

(1) Is there too much action, too little, or just right?

(2) Is it rated G, PG, PG-13, or R?

(3) Will the story line make me fall asleep?

No spoilers or I will be tempting to see them. Only two or three word answers. I felt bad when my friend screw the ending of FF7 to me before I beat the game. :(

KoShiatar
09-04-2005, 09:43 PM
http://koshiatar.altervista.org/_altervista_ht/ACticketfront.jpg
http://koshiatar.altervista.org/_altervista_ht/ACticketrear.jpg

No, I won't tell you I haven's seen the movie, because THAT would be a lie.

(1) Is there too much action, too little, or just right?
I think just right. Even though so much actions means that some characters had to be left undeveloped.

(2) Is it rated G, PG, PG-13, or R?
It had no rating. Yet the violence in it wasn't graphic. There is very little bloodshed and just for a second or two at time.

(3) Will the story line make me fall asleep?
Definitely not. The only one I saw falling asleep or something like that during the screening was Nomura, but he had probably seen it to death already.

No spoilers or I will be tempting to see them. Only two or three word answers. I felt bad when my friend screw the ending of FF7 to me before I beat the game. :(

Is it ok? ^__^ No spoilers!

Tifa's Real Lover(really
09-04-2005, 10:09 PM
good job ^_^

Lord Magician
09-05-2005, 05:39 PM
I can't wait till it comes out in english! :D

KoShiatar
09-05-2005, 09:15 PM
I've written a report for a site now. I'll link it when they put it up.

Tifa's Real Lover(really
09-05-2005, 10:21 PM
OMG GIMME THE LINK11111111111

Lord Magician
09-05-2005, 10:49 PM
If it will spoil the movie for me, I pass.
------------------------
Hey KoShiatar, this picture is near the end of the movie, right?

http://www.final-fantasy.it/Commercial2_screen10.jpg

KoShiatar
09-06-2005, 09:12 PM
Yes it is. But since you don't want spoilers I won't tell you what it is because it's an important scene.

By the way for those who don't fear SPOILERS (I warned you!!! Read it at your own risk!!!) here's the link:

http://flaregamer.com/b2article.php?p=107&more=1

Tifa's Real Lover(really
09-06-2005, 09:15 PM
Y IS THERE LOTS OF WORDS?!~?~?~?~

Lord Magician
09-06-2005, 09:23 PM

I am serious no spoilers for me!

Oh and the reason I knew thats near the end, cause......WELL IT JUST SEEMS LIKE IT!

Plus in a comercial I think I saw aries reaching for cloud? Well don't spoil it!

I'll shut up and find out my self! :D

KoShiatar
09-06-2005, 09:26 PM

Ehm..because I had lots of things to say????

Tifa's Real Lover(really
09-06-2005, 09:31 PM
lol, even wut u did in the morning!

KoShiatar
09-06-2005, 09:40 PM
I was asked by the site mantainer. She told me to put in things the other reports didn't say, such as the atmosphere in Venice and so on.