PDA

View Full Version : The Great Raid (2005)

Channing
08-30-2005, 10:17 AM
If you have not seen this film, and enjoyed movies like Saving Private Ryan I recommend you see this movie. It was great.

My synopsis:
The movie revolves around American POW's captured in Baton while fighting the Japanese. They are held prisoner for three years before American legions decide to take action and rescue the POW's. (This was delayed because American forces were focusing on eliminating Hitler and the Nazi party.) When Japanese troops learn Americans are moving torwards prison camps. They begin forcing American POW's to dig air-raid holes and then lay in them to be burned alive. With that said a young man in the rangers must develop a plan to sneek 30 miles behind enemy lines. Where over 10,000 Japanese troops patrol and save 512 POW's. With the help of Philippino forces they devise a plan and with 112 total American soldiers go to rescue the POW's.

Dreddz
08-30-2005, 11:24 AM
Funny, Ive never heard of this film.........

Channing
08-30-2005, 11:34 AM
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0326905/
You can read more about it there.

It's strange that some of the best movies can lack good advertisement. I hadn't heard of it either until I had read the synopsis off of the theater's website. (AMC.)