PDA

View Full Version : Blue Ultima Weapon?

Migitman
08-30-2005, 08:22 PM
Why does my Ultima Weapon sword occasionally change from white withg blue in center to fully blue and then d less damage?

G SpOtZ
08-30-2005, 09:34 PM
it's an ultimate weapon, and like all the other ultimate weapons, it has a special way of having attack power. i'm thinking that the less hp cloud has it does less damage, and vice versa. also, the less hp, the blue-er the ultima weapon gets. i can almost be positive that somebody is going to post something in here that tells u all of the abilities for each ultimate weapon.

Migitman
08-30-2005, 09:54 PM
So I guess that would explain why his attack looked different one time, he like held down his sword then swung it horizontally I think.

Just got Vincent his best weapon but when he has full hp at lke 3400 he only hits for 2500 stead of cloud and tifa hitting aound 6000, Cloud has 4700 hp though but tifa hass only 3300.

The legendary Shadow
08-30-2005, 10:05 PM
vincent ultimate weapon deals more damage if you kill more enemys with it.

Migitman
08-30-2005, 10:33 PM
So the more he kills the better his weapon is? Is the damage boost permanent on Vincents?

The legendary Shadow
08-30-2005, 10:38 PM
Yes.i remember that other characters MP can boost the damage to(Barrett,RedXIII i think maybe others,too)

Mirage
08-30-2005, 10:59 PM
Cid and Red XIII's weapons are based on MP, as far as I know. Barret's is based on the amount of AP in the materia junctioned in the weapon. Yuffie's is based on the opponents level, Cait Sith is mostly like Cloud's, I think, though I never used it.
I think Yuffie's is the best, because it deals the same damage when morphing, while all other weapons deal 12.5% of their max (unlimited*) damage, or something like that. She should be doing 9999 at level 50-60 or so against northern crater enemies.

*By unlimited I mean the damage it would have dealt if the limit wasn't 9999.

Mercen-X
08-31-2005, 01:50 AM
Cait Sith is mostly like Cloud's, I think, though I never used it.
It's called the "HP Shout." Of course it's based on HP.

Tifa's Premium Heart does greater damage the more her Limit gauge fills. (you could use a Steal materia with Mug, or Added Cut, or Deathblow, since you can't attack normally when you Limit is full.)

Mirage
08-31-2005, 02:04 AM
Yeah, that's right. Forgot about her. Just too bad that limit breaks disregard the special attack power rules for ultimate weapons.

Migitman
08-31-2005, 02:43 AM
well thats sucks! i use tifa....
but whats with vincent, hes killing everything yet his damage stays at stuff like 1200 while the outsider gun was doing 2200
Cloud hits for near 7k and cid is 5k, havent used red 13 or yuffie with there ultimate weapons though.

XxSephirothxX
08-31-2005, 02:49 AM
The advantage of Cloud losing HP is that his Ultimate Weapon looks way cooler. The disadvantage, of course, is the lowered damage.

blackline77
08-31-2005, 03:04 AM
the weaker he is the weaker the weapon becomes also the more bluer.

Mercen-X
08-31-2005, 04:10 AM
Yeah, that's right. Forgot about her. Just too bad that limit breaks disregard the special attack power rules for ultimate weapons.
'scusie? How do the limits disregard the special power? Cloud does, like, 9999 damage per hit with any of his limits when his HP are maxed (in the 7000-9999 range.)
The advantage of Cloud losing HP is that his Ultimate Weapon looks way cooler. The disadvantage, of course, is the lowered damage.
Not to mention, being near death.

Mirage
08-31-2005, 05:38 AM
My regular attacks always deal 9999 damage when I have 8k and more HP, even against targets with relatively high defence, however, each hit with Omnislash only deals ~9500 damage each hit (regardless of current HP), or a bit less if the enemy has high defence. This is with 255 attack power.

As for his other limits, they deal 9999 damage, but you can get 9999 meteorain with far from 255 attack power, same with many other limits.
And this is why we don't like reachable limits :(.

d£v!l'$ ph0£n!x
08-31-2005, 03:35 PM
This is a message for migitman:

go to mythril mine then enter the room that is to the north of the last screen. then have vincent use slash-all (or matra magic if u dont have slash-all) to kill everything. enemies appear in groups of four or five so it wont take long to rack up ur kill count with vincent. :)

Light Mage
08-31-2005, 03:45 PM
Does the Princess Guard have a special feature like the others?

TheSpoonyBard
08-31-2005, 04:18 PM
Yes, if the other two allies are KO'ed the Princess Guard will deal massive damage.

So I guess that would explain why his attack looked different one time, he like held down his sword then swung it horizontally I think.
Cloud's attack animation was different because you used the Morph command.

Light Mage
08-31-2005, 08:38 PM
Cool. I'll keep the other two KO'd after I get the Princess Guard, that way I should be able to defeat enough enemies to get Aeris powered up on all her Limit Breaks...

Mercen-X
08-31-2005, 09:41 PM
Cloud's attack animation was different because you used the Morph command.He also does this when you Long Range against a high flyer (like Zemzelett's flight mode) and when you use Slash-All.

Mo-Nercy
09-01-2005, 12:47 AM
A full list for clearer reference (I am just too nice):

Cloud/Cait Sith: Damage depends on current HP in relation to maximum HP. The closer he is to death, the weaker the attack gets.
Barret: Damage increases with more mastered materia equipped.
Tifa: Damage increases as the Limit Bar fills
Aeris: Damage increases with two KO'ed party members in the battle
Red XIII/Cid: Damage depends on current MP in relation to maximum HP. Less MP = less damage
Vincent: Damage increases with more enemy kills
Yuffie: Damage increases if Yuffie is a lower level than the enemy. When she hits 99, Attack will always deal 9999.

Mercen-X
09-02-2005, 08:17 AM
Vincent: Damage increases with more enemy kills.
I thought that said "enemy skills."

Emerald weapon
09-12-2005, 09:21 PM

It actully delivers more damage depending on how many deathblows you delvier with vincent bfore you get his weapon

Carl the Llama
09-12-2005, 09:43 PM
Cool. I'll keep the other two KO'd after I get the Princess Guard, that way I should be able to defeat enough enemies to get Aeris powered up on all her Limit Breaks...

[TR][TD]the best way to get aeris limit break is to go to the small forest north east of fort condor and you get into fights with group's of either 3 or 5 enemy's which if you have bolt coupled with all you can kill them quickly and get her limits id also recomend going to the battle square and getting a enemy lure materia it will make it 10 times ezer

TheSpoonyBard
09-12-2005, 10:03 PM
It actully delivers more damage depending on how many deathblows you delvier with vincent bfore you get his weapon
LIES.

Carl the Llama
09-12-2005, 10:38 PM
Lies.

[TR][TD] *points at ForestOwl* Fuijin XD

Skyblade
09-12-2005, 10:45 PM

Shameless lies. It's based on kills.

Also, Fujin would say it more like this: LIES.

Gilgamesh of Legends
09-12-2005, 11:47 PM
TRUTH!

Captain Maxx Power
09-13-2005, 12:55 AM
TRUTH!

JUSTICE!

bipper
09-13-2005, 01:15 AM
TRUTH!

JUSTICE!

and the persuit of fine spam!