PDA

View Full Version : Kefka, too weak?

The legendary Shadow
08-30-2005, 10:26 PM
I beat Kefka in one round at lvl.60. I think,that kefka should have made stronger, because the last fight should not be over after a minute.It should be a bit harder.
What do you think?

Fithos
08-30-2005, 10:56 PM
how did you beat him. because if you (like I) used ultima on him 5 times (4+gem box) then its kinda cheap but understandable. but if you were just hitting him then yes. that was way to fast. of course there are ways to kill him in one hit. but just by fighting seems like he is really week.

Mo-Nercy
08-30-2005, 11:36 PM
Too weak. Especially given that the battle music rocks. I don't think I've ever heard Dancing Mad in it's entirity in game.

XxSephirothxX
08-31-2005, 12:50 AM
He was rather disappointingly easy. I would have preferred a more difficult boss battle, but, alas, it was not to be.

Desperado
08-31-2005, 01:46 AM
Kefka himself was not too difficult, but his Tower, especially Tier Two, was a $^@#ing mess. I still cannot beat the Second Tier, at level 50, without using Psycho Cyan.

Sepho
08-31-2005, 02:36 AM
Yeah, getting to Kefka makes up for the lack of a tough fight. And I don't think he was any easier than, say, Sephiroth, but that's not saying much.

Ichimonji
08-31-2005, 03:44 AM
FFVI was the beginning of the easy final boss trend. I did expect him to be a lot harder, but yeah... Dancing Mad was cool.

Vyk
08-31-2005, 04:16 AM
Well seriously, I know it's a game, but you gotta consider, he's just a dude. How long would it take you to realistically beat up one of your team members? Kefka's just a guy that got really powerful. The same with anyone on your team. Why should he be any more powerful than your people? He's not (despite his opinion of himself) a God. His major premise was being the new emporor. His power was in authority mostly. Anything more than that was equaled in your own characters (i.e. Esper powers)

Though I agree, an end boss should pose a challenge.

Sepho
08-31-2005, 04:19 AM
I think easy end bosses are kind of an ongoing thing in FF, paired with the inclusion of 'superbosses' or what have you for players that want some sort of a challenge.

MAS82587
08-31-2005, 05:10 AM
well the last boss is never really ment to be all that hard. its more of a destination than a final challege. if ur guys are good enough to get to the final boss, then you can basically beat him with no troubles. braska's final aeon is a different story...

Sepho
08-31-2005, 05:30 AM
Yeah, that's what I was thinkin'.

boys from the dwarf
08-31-2005, 06:52 AM
its like FF9.his low health makes it easy.

Armisael
08-31-2005, 12:01 PM
Too weak. Especially given that the battle music rocks. I don't think I've ever heard Dancing Mad in it's entirity in game.
Yeah, me too! ^_^

The legendary Shadow
08-31-2005, 04:38 PM
I think in FFVI there is no strong enemy.Maybe the braciosaur,but hes still easy to beat.

cookieface
08-31-2005, 04:54 PM
when I got to kefka the first time, I doubt I was at level 60, and it took a while to beat. If you want to be forced to spend time leveling up, try any FFV and back. I have never liked spending time to level up, that's why I always kept on going to the next place as long as the party didn't die and I found save spots. in FFVI and all other RPGs. but in a lot of others that doesn't work out too well. the difficulty was just right in this game if you ask me. but i don't care about being forced to do the same battle a million times just to gain some points. when you already know you can do it, why repeat it a million times. as far as I'm concerned, if you survive a dungeon, you should already have enough level to survive the next one, if you know what to avoid doing. the going in and out of dungeons to gain exp, sucks. if it's over the top that is, because then it goes too far the other way after this one.

Yoruhoshi
09-10-2005, 08:57 PM
Kefka's supposed to be stronger to battle than Sephiroth, I know that much. And Sephiroth can be a real pain to beat if you do it right.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
09-10-2005, 09:01 PM
They made an effort to make him difficult by having him span four battles. Its unfeasible to beat him in under four rounds, really.

The legendary Shadow
09-10-2005, 09:03 PM
okay!I meant the last form of Kefka.

Yoruhoshi
09-10-2005, 09:06 PM
Hmmm........I am not entirely sure. If anyone gives me some pocky and time to think, I'll give you a good answer.

TurkSlayer
09-10-2005, 09:48 PM
I beat Kefka in one round at lvl.60. I think,that kefka should have made stronger, because the last fight should not be over after a minute.It should be a bit harder.
What do you think?

I was able to beat him at Lv. 45. Kefka should have been much stronger.

crashNUMBERS
09-11-2005, 01:35 AM
It's natural in RPG's for the final boss to be weak...

Momiji
09-11-2005, 01:52 AM
well the last boss is never really ment to be all that hard. its more of a destination than a final challege. if ur guys are good enough to get to the final boss, then you can basically beat him with no troubles. braska's final aeon is a different story...

Braska's Final Aeon? That was so simple! I had the most trouble with Zeromus, honestly, since I was so underleveled. It was FFIV hardtype, too.

ThroneofDravaris
09-11-2005, 04:18 AM
no...

Slothy
09-11-2005, 01:42 PM
I beat Kefka in one round at lvl.60.

You overlevelled. In fact the only FF I've played through where levels in the 60's would almost be required to beat the game is FFIV hardtype. And using Ultima always makes things easy. If you want a challenge, try beating the game around level 35-40 without using Ultima. Odds are you have some characters you never really used in that range, so you could always teach them some decent spells (Cure3, Fire3, Osmose, etc.) and have them try and beat him.

Sasquatch
09-11-2005, 05:04 PM
I like games where you don't HAVE to level to win. Or to beat any boss, really. Like the Superboss crap. Just play the game and make it through, don't worry about spending time levelling. Sure, challenges are great, but it gets redundant, tedius, and redundant to have to level up for hours on end just to get past a few things. It's just redundant.

Polnareff
09-11-2005, 07:35 PM
Yeah, I thought he was pretty easy. I beat him in my first try O_o

The other bosses before him were much harder.

The only attack you really have to watch out for is Fallen One, and even then, most likely someone in your party has a high-as-hell magic stat and an Economizer equipped on themselves so they can use Cure 2 or Cure 3 ad infinitum :P

I had Celes, Gau, Locke, and Sabin in my party. Yes. You read right. Freakin' GAU. And that was only because Gogo and Terra got killed off before Kefka.

And I didn't even have the Genji Glove, so I couldn't attack eight times with X-Fight. I just had everyone equipped with Economizers, casting Flare and Pearl, and doing Sabin's Bum Rush. Everytime he used Fallen One, Celes would be right there to heal everyone almost back to full health.

Gau got killed in about three turns (he was only about lvl 35 =/ ), but in the next round, I killed Kefka with a final Bum Rush.

I don't remember all the armor and weapons I had equipped, but I do remember EVERYONE had all their spells except for Ultima (I didn't get Ultima that time because I got the Ragnarok sword and not the esper), and everyone had an Economizer equipped, with Celes having X-Magic.

Skarr
09-14-2005, 08:22 AM
http://pics-48.hi5.com/userpics/448/689/68992448.img.jpg

oh...did i let him have too much...damn and i was really enjoying the music... :(

Vyk
09-14-2005, 05:25 PM
it gets redundant, tedius, and redundant ... It's just redundant.
LOL XD

Sasquatch
09-14-2005, 06:42 PM
it gets redundant, tedius, and redundant ... It's just redundant.
LOL XD

(I was waiting to see if anybody would get that...:D)

Wiegrahf42
09-15-2005, 01:15 AM
I think in FFVI there is no strong enemy.Maybe the braciosaur,but hes still easy to beat.
Hey, don't forget Siegfried at the arena. Not much to gain from fighting him, but with only one A.I. controlled character he can be a challenge.

Brian The Pink Shark
09-17-2005, 09:31 PM
Kefka can defeated really easy, however if you take too long he'll cast Ultima :choc:

ThroneofDravaris
09-18-2005, 01:46 AM
Kefka isn't too easy, they just made it really easy to level up in this game...

bipper
09-18-2005, 03:56 PM
I think the last boss should offer a moderate challenge as Kefka did. Granted I beat him with only three characters to see the minmal ending before. I used the genji offering of the atma weapons to beat him though.

I think the last battle should look cool and present a feeling of awe, as kefka does. Getting one shotted by some badass boss when you are so close to the end of the game, would not be fun. Star Ocean: Second Story was like that for me, but I was only level 70.

With the proper leveling and over preperation, I think the boss should be fun, rather than challenging.

bipper