PDA

View Full Version : How long to rebreed Chocobos?

Migitman
08-30-2005, 11:42 PM
How long ruoghly do I have to wait to rebreed the same chocobos? Iflew around the world twice, got my blue chocobo to A class and then flew back and it still isnt time yet. Then I watched Seinfeld for around 10 minutes....

Mo-Nercy
08-30-2005, 11:49 PM
I don't remember it taking that long. Usually, I would raise the Chocobo I just breeded to S class and come back to breed again and it'd be fine.

Migitman
08-30-2005, 11:58 PM
I cnat get my chocobo to S class...for some reason the speed wont go higher than 75. I could maybe get S if I got lucky though...but I can get A for sure at least.

Fonzie
08-31-2005, 12:04 AM
It doesn't have to be at class S be good at breeding. Also go fight a couple monsters or something like that.

Migitman
08-31-2005, 12:10 AM
I know that it doesn't NEED S Class but that would pass the time.

blackline77
08-31-2005, 03:09 AM
what u should do, is just wait it out, like go play some gold saucer games, yes the better the class the better the breed. if u want more speed buy the best greens.
and black chocobos r really good too.

Mo-Nercy
08-31-2005, 03:22 AM
I cnat get my chocobo to S class...for some reason the speed wont go higher than 75. I could maybe get S if I got lucky though...but I can get A for sure at least.
You can try the cheat for Chocobo Racing. Hold down all shoulder buttons (or whatever the equivalents are for PC if you play on that) through the whole race. You'll never lose stamina unless you sprint and even then it's only a little.

And make sure you've fed them a tonne of greens to get their stats up majorly.

Sepho
08-31-2005, 04:54 AM
I thinking racing to S class results in offspring with higher stats, too, so I make it a habit to race all my chocobos to S class anyways.

I've never busted out a stopwatch and tested it out, but I'd say it probably takes at least 30 or 40 minutes for chocobos to be ready to breed (hah, I almost wrote bread right here) again. I'm sure it's just my imagination, but it seems like doing something (i.e. continuing the story or racing chocobos) hurries up the process, while it takes longer if you just leave Cloud standing there while you go find a good magazine. Or it could just be that racing chocobos and the like passes the time.

fantasyjunkie
08-31-2005, 05:05 AM
I just did some battles outside of the ranch for a few minutes and that did the trick for me.

boys from the dwarf
08-31-2005, 07:04 AM
i levelled it to A rank and thats mucheasier than S rank and it almost always works and by the time your at A rank youll be ready to breed again.

Mo-Nercy
08-31-2005, 09:14 AM
i levelled it to A rank and thats mucheasier than S rank and it almost always works and by the time your at A rank youll be ready to breed again.
I would have thought that you, an advocater of finishing every game 100% even if that means getting Excalibur II and every other item in the game in the same FF9 file (probably), would go all the way to Class S.

The higher your rank is, the more chance that you'll get the right chicobo out of your breeding. Although with an A rank, you're likely to get it right anyway (and if not, you can reset). The prizes in S rank are way better.

Brian The Pink Shark
08-31-2005, 04:41 PM
i bred chocobos throughout disc 2 so whenever i had completed a bit of the storyline i would go back and bree chocobos, and then continue, it shouldnt take too long if you do it like that, but i know it can be hell waiting :choc:

Doomie
08-31-2005, 05:40 PM
I think I speak for everyone when I say: Which episode of Seinfeld?

SeeDRankLou
08-31-2005, 06:15 PM
To rebreed chocobos after they have mated and had a baby chocobo, I think you have to progress the story. To get a baby chocobo to an age where it can mate you just need time, but I don't think it's the same for chocobos that just had a baby. I don't know, maybe I'm not patient enough, but when I did a small bit of storyline, that seemed to do the trick.

LastCetra
08-31-2005, 06:55 PM
I just raced my chocobos for an hour! The FUN! Did anyone actually ever go to the trouble of breeding a whole stable of gold chocobos? I did! It took AGES, but it was great!

Mo-Nercy
09-01-2005, 12:49 AM
To rebreed chocobos after they have mated and had a baby chocobo, I think you have to progress the story. To get a baby chocobo to an age where it can mate you just need time, but I don't think it's the same for chocobos that just had a baby. I don't know, maybe I'm not patient enough, but when I did a small bit of storyline, that seemed to do the trick.
Don't think so because I always leave the Choco-breeding sidey until Disc 3. No more storyline to progress into.

raskerino
09-01-2005, 03:20 AM
I'm pretty sure it takes 10 fights so just going and fighting outside the stables is a probably best.

KoShiatar
09-01-2005, 09:24 PM
I raced my chocobos to class A, but it wasn't enough. So I fought some battles (3 or 4) and when I came back, it was fine.

Anniexo
09-24-2005, 09:51 PM
how long does it take to get a class c chocobo to class s? and what is grrens are best to use?

Carl the Llama
09-24-2005, 10:15 PM
how long does it take to get a class c chocobo to class s? and what is greens are best to use?

[TR][TD]the bast greens to use are Sylkis Greens and you get them from the old man, altho they are MEGA expencive so id recomend waiting till disk 3 and useing the W-Item materia trick to get 99 and so on. It doesnt take long at all I mean whats a few races remember the race you did with the chocobo to get out of prison well that was a short race and the track that was blue was a part of the long track the class works out that you need to first win then short race and then win the long race to go up a class so about 20 mins to get a chocobo into s class altho you can mate by the time you get a chocobo to a class id recomend getting to s as the best chances of breeding a coloured chocobo is getting it to s class and feeding it Sylkis Greens (i have never failed at getting a coloured chocobo when doing this) KD

Brian The Pink Shark
09-24-2005, 10:20 PM
i wouldnt say mega expensive, a few battles worth of funds maybe :choc:

Carl the Llama
09-24-2005, 10:46 PM
i wouldnt say mega expensive, a few battles worth of funds maybe :choc:

[TR][TD]your jokeing right, they cost 5k each and if you think you feed the chocobo ALOT more then 99 Sylkis Greens and you have to raise like 6 of them so lets say you have like 300 sylkis greens per chocobo times that by 6 (1800) now lets see 1800 x 5000 = a hellava lot of money new think you probly get at most 5k per battle thats like 1800 fights for the chocobo's now if that isnt a long time (and a smurf load of money) then im the pope :D

DarkLord
09-24-2005, 10:47 PM
Tell ya what, if you're one of those really strong types who could do it this whenevr you like, like I almost can, go beat ruby weapon and you have yourself a Gold Chocobo, although it's no good for races, at least you've got one, right? I have three gold and black at the mo. I, uh, 'lost' the other three.

Brian The Pink Shark
09-24-2005, 10:48 PM
by that time you've probably got a few mastered all materias so sell them, also why would you need 99 sylkis greens? :choc:

Carl the Llama
09-24-2005, 10:56 PM
[TR][TD]you dont NEED the greens: he asked what the best greens are and i told him: Sylkis Greens which is true they are the best and why bother selling your mastered all when you can use the W-Item materia trick to get 99 of them every time and also you would WANT 99 of them as it is the best food for the chocobo and his stats (as i like to have a Wonderful Gold Chocobo for the S class races) so that is the reason you use (or i as the case may be) Sylkis Greens KD

Brian The Pink Shark
09-24-2005, 10:58 PM
a chocobo's stats will be maxed easily from only a few sylkis greens, and please keep in mind that some chocobos are female and have feelings too :choc:

Anniexo
09-26-2005, 09:26 PM
does the blue chocobo and a green chocobo have to be an s class to get a black chocobo cus when i breed them i got a another green one and i did use a carob nut

Carl the Llama
09-26-2005, 09:40 PM
does the blue chocobo and a green chocobo have to be an s class to get a black chocobo cus when i breed them i got a another green one and i did use a carob nut

[TR][TD]I would recomend it as it does help but if not you can save before you breed them and if you dont get one then just load up your previous save and then do it. KD

Anniexo
09-26-2005, 09:46 PM
thanks i'll try it tomorrow when i get home from college (or maybe now lol)