PDA

View Full Version : New FFXI Q&A

Miriel
08-31-2005, 02:41 AM
http://na.square-enix.com/events/ffxi/tour2005/ny/transcript.html

Most significant in that interview (at least to me) was:

Community: Are there any plans to transfer characters between worlds whenever the player wishes?
Sage Sundi: Actually we do have a plan in place. When we recreate the billing system at the end of the year, then we can start creating new systems like world shifting. For instance, GM's have the ability to move characters between servers so all we need to do is connect those systems with the billing system. So yes, we have started working on that.
!!

I WOULD LOVE TO BE ABLE TO WORLD SHIFT. SO MUCH SO THAT I HAVE TO WRITE THIS IN ALL CAPS. AND WITH A BUNCH OF EXCLAMATION MARKS!!!

lordblazer
08-31-2005, 03:11 AM
how come players hate dragoons?

Rostum
08-31-2005, 06:05 AM
how come players hate dragoons?

I love Dragoons. =)

zoti
08-31-2005, 06:56 AM
=( nothing about RNG's =(

Lionx
08-31-2005, 08:11 AM
If you can World Shift i hope you pay money for it. Because i dont like people migirating wherever they want, kills the community.

DRGs are not as well liked becuase they cant do high dmg numbers at one time and instead their Damage over Time with Wyvern can beat any job assuming the Wyvern doesnt die. But no one cares about Damage over time even if it overpowers your one hit super dmg. Everyone is all about OMG I DID 1000 DMG!!1111one!1. Which is pretty retarded.

RNGs are fine the way they are -_-;

Miriel
08-31-2005, 09:13 AM
If you can World Shift i hope you pay money for it. Because i dont like people migirating wherever they want, kills the community.

Oh be quiet you, if I world shift, I'd come over to Midgardsormr.

Shhh...but don't tell anyone, cause I'm supposed to dislike you Midgar people and all.

And I'm quite sure that there will be a fee and a limit to how many times a character can be shifted over to a different world. Otherwise, it'd be far too easy to grab a weapon or a scroll for 20k on one server and world shift to another and sell it for 100k. Gil sellers would have a field day.

lordblazer
08-31-2005, 10:00 AM
Nothing about Bards therefore It doesnt matter for me either lol.

zoti
08-31-2005, 04:36 PM
RNGs are fine the way they are -_-;

have you even played Rng before and after update?? <.< (like higher than 50)

Khaotic
08-31-2005, 07:52 PM
Community: I realize you can't talk about the next expansion, but if there are any possibilities for new jobs, what kind of jobs have been considered?
Yasu Kurosawa: You're right, I can't talk about that. But I can ask you what you want!

Geomancer
Blue Mage
New tank
Gambler
New refresh job
Mime
Pirates
Necromancer

o_O eh? he can't talk about it, but he can say something that dramatic? O.O or was this just subtle hints, and these jobs are not truely what are coming?

hmm.. mime... interesting..

Miriel
08-31-2005, 08:05 PM
Pirates! That would be so awesome.

lordblazer
08-31-2005, 09:34 PM
Ship ownership,chocobo ownership,and a awesome PvP system. would enhance FF11's gaming experience.

Lionx
09-01-2005, 12:57 AM
have you even played Rng before and after update?? <.< (like higher than 50)

Partied with a few, those that sub NIN and stick their butts up meleeing and shooting will suck. Like this one RNG that melees with two axes and refuses to shoot. The weak ones will get weeded out. Those that sub WAR now have said that they equal if not exceed the damage they did pre-patch with more Ranged Attack gear and finding the spot for Acc and its fine. Would you rather spam /ra or actually try to play your job? They arent as strong as before but i doubt RNG was supposed to be so strong that every other melee is overshadowed. The mentality was always throw more RNGs at it, i am glad that mentality is gone. The only part where i see this as an issue is certain HNM fights, the rest, deal with it, i find nothing wrong with RNGs currently, at least those that are smart. Its not like i like parts of the patch when i wanna shoot bolts for status too you know? But i deal with it and i find it fun to judge distance. Its a new challenge i like to do sometime.

a awesome PvP system

Already have one, try playing with friends >>

strawberryman
09-01-2005, 05:57 AM
Mime
If they did make a Mime job, it'd be my new main. :love:

zoti
09-01-2005, 06:47 AM
still, we pay like 11+ for each of our shoots... i don't say it's hard to do good dmg anymore but for it to be done you have to stay far back in the camp (maybe near where other aggroing mobs spawn) wich most likely will get you killed... anyway i don't play Rng anymore =/ not because i can't do dmg, just that it's not fun anymore i want my old level 66 rng back =(

Lionx
09-01-2005, 08:15 AM
Just because you pay doesnt mean that you should be the top king dmg dealer for every situation. If thats the case then only the rich and those that are willing to do hardcore money making will be doing dmg, everyone else is a cheap bastard that isnt choosing a worthwhile class. Its sorta like NIN, you pay for what you get, play it to have fun like everyone else.

You know if the distance thing was true then mages would have a hard time. Adjust yourself in the backline with the mages and usually it will work out fine. Unless the case of mages backline being unsafe which leads to a very bad camp in the first place.

That and i dont find spamming /ra to be really fun....many RNGs before complained about how while they are doing good damage, all they did was spam /ra and wanted some skill into it. Now that there is a skillful way of doing it, i see those same RNGs piss and moan. -_-;

zoti
09-01-2005, 01:28 PM
the fun thing about the job is to see those massive numbers anyway im done with ranger just wanted a unnerf XD

Lionx
09-01-2005, 03:56 PM
So whats the part about not caring about the damage pre patch then? >_> Be a RNG because you want to, not because of numbers..

lordblazer
09-02-2005, 05:33 AM
The fun thing aobut being a Bard is.

If hte party goes into danger mode and the mages died and the tanks are fighitng fo rtheir lives.

The Bard can run off or warp out and won't get yelled at for doing so becuase lol they couldnt help if they wanted to lol.

Alos another perk aobut being a bard is. you can slack off every one in a while (once oyu reach crawler's nest... slacking off isn't in your vocabulary.).

Miriel
09-02-2005, 05:49 AM
So you're basically saying that the thing you enjoy about being a bard is that you can run off when you're partying is in a tight situation and that you can slack off while partying?

SNOOZER
09-02-2005, 06:02 AM
So you're basically saying that the thing you enjoy about being a bard is that you can run off when you're partying is in a tight situation and that you can slack off while partying?

What she said. Usually in that type of situation brd would cast Foe Lullaby and put the enemy to sleep giving everybody ample time to zone out.

Lionx
09-02-2005, 07:49 PM

If hte party goes into danger mode and the mages died and the tanks are fighitng fo rtheir lives.

The Bard can run off or warp out and won't get yelled at for doing so becuase lol they couldnt help if they wanted to lol.

Alos another perk aobut being a bard is. you can slack off every one in a while (once oyu reach crawler's nest... slacking off isn't in your vocabulary.).

Nice job >_> You run away alone..? What happened to the Divine Seal Curagas? Or putting up stoneskin? Or what happened to Foe/Horde Lullaby? -_- Slacking off..? Theres always something to do if you are really a good BRD...Etudes..? Prelude? Threnodies? Requiems? Status Cures? Bar spells? Theres tons to do.

But yeah nice job...-_-; Theres a big difference between a good BRD and one that just goes with it for fast invitations.

lordblazer
09-03-2005, 08:50 PM

Nice job >_> You run away alone..? What happened to the Divine Seal Curagas? Or putting up stoneskin? Or what happened to Foe/Horde Lullaby? -_- Slacking off..? Theres always something to do if you are really a good BRD...Etudes..? Prelude? Threnodies? Requiems? Status Cures? Bar spells? Theres tons to do.

But yeah nice job...-_-; Theres a big difference between a good BRD and one that just goes with it for fast invitations.

lol you sure like ot start crap do you eh?

Lionx
09-03-2005, 09:02 PM
No i dont, its just true isnt it? I mean when i played BRD there was always at least something to be done. I dont see how you can be lazy as a BRD really unless someone wants to take advantage of their fast invitations.

Theres tons of stuff you can do when things hit the fan that can turn the tide, Lullaby is just one of them only. I dont see it any other way and just saying it like it is. So seriously, what else do you expect other people to think by what you posted? That it was a good job? When clearly that there IS stuff you can do that can save the party?