PDA

View Full Version : FFVII Ultimania Omega Cover Art

Lord Magician
08-31-2005, 08:50 PM
BentStuff has taken out the cover art of the Ultimania.You can see the cover art is in English. A North America version could be comming out soon.

http://www.bent.co.jp/main/news/20050830FF7.jpg

Ultimania Omega is a complete redo of FFVII. Story Analysis, Staff Interviews, walkthroughs, concept arts, secrets etc.

NOTHING TO DO WITH ADVENT CHILDREN, BUT I THOUGHT IT WOULD FIT HERE BETTER.

kawakami Gensai
08-31-2005, 08:52 PM
Where did you find that?

Lord Magician
08-31-2005, 08:56 PM
Surfing google. Random web sites.

Tifa's Real Lover(really
08-31-2005, 09:33 PM
cooly cover :D

Lord Magician
08-31-2005, 10:02 PM
I like clouds old FF7 shirt! I hope the PS3 version (if it comes out) looks like that!

P.S. Tifa's Real Lover, your sig is gone, you took it off?

Big D
09-01-2005, 04:33 AM
Ultimania Omega is a complete redo of FFVII. Story Analysis, Staff Interviews, walkthroughs, concept arts, secrets etc.Yay! Hopefully it'll clear up some of those unanswered questions that make bitter oldbies conjure up all kinds of strange and convoluted theories ^_^

BackRoomKid
09-01-2005, 10:01 PM
excuse my IGNORANCER but what's this about?

is this a "remake" or just someone who just took sum images and slapped em' on the net?

G SpOtZ
09-01-2005, 10:29 PM
hmm i'm not so sure about this
Ultimania Omega... what does that even mean? lol. And why would they rename a remake of Final Fantasy Ultimania Omega? Sounds like a rumor that a kid would make and use big words to make people interested in it. but thas just me.

And you're saying they're coming out with an american version soon. Does that mean there is a Japanese version out already? Or they didn't make one at all? Wouldn't there have been more about it in the media?

i'm asking questions like whoa, haha. But seriously, i dunno if it's reliable if it's just from a "random site."

Lord Magician
09-01-2005, 10:39 PM
It's offical words from square enix, if that helps you out. :rolleyes2

Squall of SeeD
09-01-2005, 11:08 PM
To any who are confused: An Ultimania Guide is a Japanese Strategy Guide published by DigiCube, a subsidiary of Square-Enix. Unlike foreign Strategy Guides, the Ultimanias are extensive analyses of the games, including plot information, character backgrounds, and interviews with the creators.

In the case of the Ultimania Omegas (of which there have been only two others; one for Final Fantasy X and one for Final Fantasy X-2) they are pretty much scene-by-scene analyses of the game's storyline with extensive -- correction, massive amounts of information concerning background events and otherwise unelaborated information.

For example, the Final Fantasy X Ultimania Omega Guide contains a timeline of important events in the world of Spira going back to before Sin's first appearance, explanations of every character's background, role, and how they came to find themselves in the present, and tons of other miscellaneous information. To quote Sephiroth, it's a "treasure house of knowledge." I expect that to be the same case here. God knows VII needed such a tome.

By the way, this thing won't be coming out in North America in all likelihood. No other Ultimania has before (there've been 9).

Lord Magician
09-01-2005, 11:14 PM
But it's in english. So most likely....yes, it will come out in NA.

Squall of SeeD
09-01-2005, 11:31 PM
But it's in english. So most likely....yes, it will come out in NA.

...Uh... no. The cover is in English, and some category headers inside the book will be in Romanji. That's it. All of the Ultimanias are like that. Like 1% Romanji and 99% Japanese. I should know. I own all of them for Final Fantasy but the one for Crystal Chronicles.

By the way, the book itself hasn't yet been released in Japan and won't be until September 9.

TheAbominatrix
09-01-2005, 11:34 PM
Many MANY Japanese products come out with English titles and credits on their covers. It's a matter of preference there.

ZeZipster
09-01-2005, 11:39 PM
Ultimani-wha?

BackRoomKid
09-02-2005, 12:05 AM
Ultimini-me

so okay, thanx for clearing that up, never heard of these "ulitimania omega's" before....hmmmm, so only for Japan huh?

aw well

Shoeberto
09-02-2005, 12:40 AM
From reading the thread name it seemed like a Kishi thread.

Oh, and Japan puts a lot of random stuff into English with their products. Probably having something to do with their fascination of western cultures. They may have a shirt that says "Love Heart Time is Greatest" in English but it doesn't mean automatically that you'll see it anywhere else.

Shoden
09-02-2005, 12:46 AM
By the way, this thing won't be coming out in North America in all likelihood. No other Ultimania has before (there've been 9).

Not if we start bitching and flooding the inboxes of Square Enix!

anyway what exactly do these guides or w/e they are contain?

Big D
09-02-2005, 01:23 AM
anyway what exactly do these guides or w/e they are contain?Try reading this very thread... specifically, Squall of SeeD's first reply to it.

BG-57
09-02-2005, 01:29 AM
From reading the thread name it seemed like a Kishi thread.

Oh, and Japan puts a lot of random stuff into English with their products. Probably having something to do with their fascination of western cultures. They may have a shirt that says "Love Heart Time is Greatest" in English but it doesn't mean automatically that you'll see it anywhere else.

Confession time:

I actually own two T-shirts like that. One says 'Cubic Cube: I Think Square is the Top of Cool Shape in the World' and the other one says 'Hot Space Station Justice'. :greenie:

Any luck translating the Ultimania guides into English or it going slow like Xenogears Perfect Works?

Shoden
09-02-2005, 01:31 AM
I already read (too fast actually) I read it again and "It'sh all kleer hnow"

Squall of SeeD
09-02-2005, 02:00 AM
Any luck translating the Ultimania guides into English or it going slow like Xenogears Perfect Works?

Depends on what you're looking for. Translations of the important stuff for X has long since been taken care of, and some of the stuff for VIII was recently translated by DarkAngel (who some of you may know of as the one translating Final Fantasy VII: Before Crisis). (Spoilers for X ahead) It's known that Dream Zanarkand is within Spira, Sin is millions of Pyreflies held together with Gravity Spells, and a few other things that aren't so obvious in-game, but became so with the Ultimania in mind. (Spoilers for VIII ahead)DarkAngel's translation of the section on Witches/Sorceresses renders it impossible for Rinoa to be Ultimecia due to the statement being present that Witches have the same lifespans of normal people.

Stuff for IX hasn't really been translated very much. Someone named "PMog" is currently translating some stuff for it, but hasn't gotten to anything that important yet.

Lord Magician
09-02-2005, 08:34 PM
Tell me squall, ARE YOU 100% absoulutly sure that it won't come in america?

Big D
09-03-2005, 01:17 AM
None of the previous guides have been released in the US, so I don't see why they'd go to the expense of translating FFVII's guide - unless they do a limited number of copies to add to the Advent Children sensationalism. As popular as the FF series is, I just can't see there being sufficient demand for a really deep, analytical guidebook outside of Japan - and translation isn't cheap.

MysticD
09-04-2005, 07:00 AM
*Gasp* They PAY for translations?????
GOD!

Off topic:Big D,I didn't copy ur name.:)