PDA

View Full Version : Controversal Thread 101

crashNUMBERS
09-01-2005, 12:28 AM
A disturbance in the forum's recently..Called spam. I have recently read some old threads and post's. So..What I wasnt to say is I think we should end it. I like spam and all but only to my usernotes. I really think we should end it. Cid said he personally hates spam. But that's not it. i have seen he hasn't been posting in a long time. He may have some problems to deal with at the moment but when he is online you never see him post. I think we personnally destroyed his forum every time we spam. Piece by piece.I agree with him now. Spam is stupid on forum's ubless in usernotes. Though he hates spam in general. I know this is one of those threads that will usually get locked up and done with right away but please hear me out. Mod's swear they will delete spam but everytime it happens all they do is warn. Destroy the damn post. It doesn't deserve to live. And they also say they would ban someone who spam's all the way. Psy isnt banned is he?? Not that I want him to be. I love that guy and all but c'mon. Only a few were banned for this cause. And me. I used to spam a hell of a lot after I started posting in general chat. I deserve it. But not that I want to be banned. I could list a a lot of spammers that never go or get post's deleted. This isn't fair. What im trying to say is that from now on we should delete all spam crated outside of usernotes starting today. Please hear me out..

-Crash

Rye
09-01-2005, 12:29 AM
But spam is fun, man. :( If you don't like it, just delete it in your forum. Some of us like it. EoFF HAS been a bit spammy lately, but it's not like this is a spam forum. It's only been excessive because it's summer, which is newbie time, as someone put it very well.

And Cid has never posted often, even before you were a member here. I think this thread is kinda ridiculous. What's a forum if you're not having fun?

Hawkeye
09-01-2005, 12:30 AM
Wow, I guess it is true. The bigger they are...

People spam to release tension, or else thats just the way they are. Its kinda like asking a gay man to marry a women; doesnt really connect

Okay, that was a bad example

Kamiko
09-01-2005, 12:31 AM
It was good.
Spam is a way of releasing inner tension and psychiatric disorders.

crashNUMBERS
09-01-2005, 12:31 AM
But spam is fun, man. :( If you don't like it, just delete it in your forum. Some of us like it.
Fun it is but I've relized thing's. How do you know I have a forum?? And I know a lot of you like it but please re-read my whole paragraph and listen to me. Please..

Hawkeye
09-01-2005, 12:34 AM
In my opinion, when you try to be sappy serious, I dont really pay attention. If you where to have more aggression in your post, I wouldve probably have heard you better. And I find it hard to hear out hypocrites also, no flamming inteneded

boris no no
09-01-2005, 12:34 AM
O__o
k
well without accidently putting spam here....
eh??
if there was a problem with spam the staff would do something about it
you're not staff no matter how hard you try
leave it to them

Rase
09-01-2005, 12:36 AM
How do you know I have a forum??

She probably either knew you had a forum already, or just checked your profile.

Anyway, I don't care either way, though it's much less work to just leave the spam there then run around checking every thread for spam and then deleting it.

(Waits for this thread to become a cesspool of spam).

Psychotic
09-01-2005, 12:36 AM
WEEEEEEEE SHALLL NOT WE SHALL NOT BE MOVED
WEEEEEEEE SHALLL NOT WE SHALL NOT BE MOVED!

Hawkeye
09-01-2005, 12:37 AM
The wrath of Psychotic! :eek:

Rye
09-01-2005, 12:38 AM
WEEEEEEEE SHALLL NOT WE SHALL NOT BE MOVED
WEEEEEEEE SHALLL NOT WE SHALL NOT BE MOVED!

:<3: xD

Jojee
09-01-2005, 12:39 AM
Um, crash.... what are you talking about?

Spam control has always been a thing here :p. And every other week, someone will say, "EoFF has been too spammy lately." But since they say that all the time, then it's ALWAYS been too spammy, hasn't it? ^_^ It's just different people saying it.

Maybe Cid just lost interest in posting... it happens. :) Maybe he's just too busy with real life or whatever. He did a fair share of spamming when he posted, too, y'know? ^_^ I'm sure if you started banning every person that spams, then this forum would be a less enjoyable place for everyone.

It wouldn't be a forum without spam :p

DK
09-01-2005, 12:40 AM
What happened to you, Crash? You used to be cool. :(

crashNUMBERS
09-01-2005, 12:40 AM
Kyono: I was never cool. No one liked me. No one will..

Atleast have some decency for our creator. We're destroying his dream's...

Psychotic
09-01-2005, 12:41 AM
Cid's dream was to be the first man in outer space, Crash, and he achieved that later in the game.

DK
09-01-2005, 12:42 AM
Cid's dream was to get drunk. I think he realises this dream every weekend.

Doomie
I am whole-heartedly sure that I would make that list. Wouldn't you agree? What I don't understand is how you say spammers should be banned and that Cid hates spam when you had a "Let's spam Cid's User Notes" in your signature. What makes me laugh is how you end your post with "Please hear me out" and then expect us to feel sympathetic for you. What's the point. Why feel sympathetic for someone when you're the only one who thinks that way. If you ask me, mods are harder than ever when it comes to spamming, and you make a thread whining about how you want to ban spammers. About how this is such a noble cause. It's not noble. It's just some member whining about something he did himself. A little hypocritical, don't you think?

Yamaneko
Uh, I'm pretty sure Cid doesn't post because he has more important things to take care of. And I don't think he ever said that he hates spam. Anyway, you just can't tell people to stop spamming. That's Nazi-like. We try to keep a balance between spam and serious discussion. If you let either one dominate then you end up alienating a large percentage of the forum population.

EDIT: Before this becomes a big argument...

Polyonymous
Atleast have some decency for our creator. We're destroying his dream's...

Who are you to say what Cids dreams are?

I really don't see too much spam here. I don't know if that is just me being blind, or if I really don't go into the threads that have spam in them.

Hawkeye
09-01-2005, 12:43 AM
Cid's dream was to be the first man in outer space, Crash, and he achieved that later in the game.
Omg thanks for ruining the game for me :mad2:

Oh, and crash, you are making no sense whatsoever man. You seem to be adding stuff along the way. "Cids dreams"? wtf?

Loony BoB
09-01-2005, 11:43 AM
And Cid has never posted often, even before you were a member here. I think this thread is kinda ridiculous. What's a forum if you're not having fun?
For what it's worth, Cid was in the top five posters for the first two or so years of EoFF's existence.