PDA

View Full Version : Rikku's "secret"

Light Mage
09-01-2005, 01:03 PM
Near the end of the game I was talking to Paine and she said something like "Rikku's secret? I think I already know."

I've heard rumors, but is thre any indication of what Paine was actually talking about?

Flying Mullet
09-01-2005, 01:10 PM
Well if you don't mention what the secret is then we have no way of knowing what you're talking about.

Light Mage
09-01-2005, 01:15 PM
That's the thing. I don't know what they were talking about. It was just one of those comments that Rikku and Paine make between missions when you talk to them on the bridge.

Laugh at face of Danger
09-01-2005, 02:58 PM
Rikku's secret?!

she has one? Chapter five is it?

Christmas
09-01-2005, 04:35 PM
She like Gippal cause she is worry about him when he dissappeared off to the farplane?

Painex2rules
09-01-2005, 06:52 PM
i know rikkus secret she needs someone to teach her how to dress :eek:

SammieBabe
09-01-2005, 10:31 PM
It probobly has something to do with Gippal and her .....

Rengori
09-01-2005, 11:16 PM
Her secret is she's a lesbian monkey.

Painex2rules
09-01-2005, 11:21 PM
well she does look like a monkey but lesbian i didnt see anything that tells you that in x-2

So-Luna
09-02-2005, 12:56 AM
lesbian i didnt see anything that tells you that in x-2

erm... have you seen the hot spring scene were the three girls are in there bathing suits and all. :joey: :bgl:

Yew-Yevon
09-02-2005, 01:43 AM
hav you seen in chap 5 when Y and R are talking about rikku having a story?

Painex2rules
09-02-2005, 02:23 AM
lesbian i didnt see anything that tells you that in x-2

erm... have you seen the hot spring scene were the three girls are in there bathing suits and all. :joey: :bgl:
come on thats not enough to tell me shes a lesbian ok kissing yuna or paine now thats telling me something ok and yes i seen it like 100000 times ok

Light Mage
09-02-2005, 12:01 PM
Rikku having a story? I must have missed that scene... any more info about it?

Yew-Yevon
09-03-2005, 07:17 PM
rikku wants a happy ending so yuna tells her what her story might be...you dont get to here it though :C

Laugh at face of Danger
09-03-2005, 07:37 PM
That springs scene is so overrated

sheesh, it's terrible anyway, most irritatingly - unskippable :mad2:

Doomie
09-04-2005, 02:58 AM
The secret is she was dropped on her head as a baby.

kikimm
09-04-2005, 04:58 AM
That's not much of a secret. =/

if I'm going to try and think about this seriously, I'd probably agree that it has something to do with Gippal. But I'm not going to think about this seriously.

Del Murder
09-04-2005, 07:09 AM
I thought it was pretty obvious that she is gay.

Rengori
09-04-2005, 07:17 AM
She just didn't want to admit it.

Light Mage
09-04-2005, 12:52 PM
I thought it was pretty obvious that she is gay.
Pretty obvious? How do you mean?

ImaViet
09-04-2005, 07:44 PM
It's kind of obvious she was talking about Gippal. I mean, she said something like... "I have this special connection with someone" or something like that. I don't remember. She also said she's not telling who, and Paine was like "I bet I know who." (or something like that.) Throughout the game, it's kind of noticable that Rikku really cares for Gippal. Haha. ^^

Yuna Braska 19
09-09-2005, 04:22 AM
It's kind of obvious she was talking about Gippal. I mean, she said something like... "I have this special connection with someone" or something like that. I don't remember. She also said she's not telling who, and Paine was like "I bet I know who." (or something like that.) Throughout the game, it's kind of noticable that Rikku really cares for Gippal. Haha. ^^

Yeah, it has to be about Gippal, who else she really gets along with him even at the ending when you are going to bet Shuyin he was standing by her alot and so was she. So yeah it show alot.
But they do make a cute couple.
^.^

Fireblade13
09-09-2005, 09:49 PM
Its Gippal To many scenes prove it. Maybe Cid set up a blind date or as many agree dropped her and her maturity level extremely.

Yliette
09-13-2005, 04:35 PM
Well she did become unnaturally defensive when Gippal paired himself up with her! Although it doesn't provide an extrinsic part to the story, this "secret" still intrigues me.

FFX_fanatiq
09-15-2005, 03:23 AM
that shes a n00b who likes gippal but he likes men like paine so whatever

deathtrooper
10-04-2005, 10:23 PM
if i remember you have to get 90-95% then go to the deck
but i cant remember what it is...
heck, i cant remember if she even told you! :S

~*~Celes~*~
10-05-2005, 02:27 AM
Okay, I don't know what you guys have against Rikku, but it's pretty darn annoying to hear about what you say about her. She may not dress all that great, but if you think about it, who cares? My boyfriend made an interesting point to me about Japanese anime characters. The artists that draw them make them have big boobs. Know why? Japanese people mainly eat rice, which has no fat in it. You need fat cells to have bigger boobs. The Japanese men dream all day of women with big boobs and as a result, we get characters like Rikku, who dress in that way. It's not like she's a real person anyway so what's the big deal? Stop talking about her in that way >.> She never did anthing to hurt anyone...unless you're all just jealous that she looks better than you dressed that way.

~*~Celes~*~

Rengori
10-05-2005, 02:30 AM
It's pretty damn annoying to listen to you stereo type about Japanese too.

~*~Celes~*~
10-05-2005, 02:35 AM
Who says I am? I'm not, I'm simply stating facts. If you don't like that I guess that's too bad isn't it.

~*~Celes~*~

Just because I know how to use logical reasoning doesn't mean you have to be all upset with me like that. Do us all a favor, get a life, and stop calling Rikku a lesbian. You have absolutely NO proof.

~*~Celes~*~

raskerino
10-05-2005, 02:46 AM
Stereotype: A conventional, formulaic, and oversimplified conception, opinion, or image.

The Japanese men dream all day of women with big boobs

Who says I am? I'm not, I'm simply stating facts. If you don't like that I guess that's too bad isn't it.

And you're saying that wasn't a stereotype. Saying that a race of men does one thing all day is definitely a stereotype. No way around it. So don't lie. It's clearly a very oversimplified image of it.

Edit: and now you've posted again calling that logic I'm gonna say that it's pretty bad logic to say Japanese men think of big boobs all day so this happened. It's much much fairer to say that popular culture is pro big boobs, and they aquiesced to that. I however do think Rikku's a good character though more so in X than X-2.

~*~Celes~*~
10-05-2005, 02:48 AM
Oh, so what do they do then, pick their noses? I sure don't think so. What does it matter anyway? I was trying to point out that Rikku's only like that because the artists made her that way, she's not a real person like me or anyone else.

~*~Celes~*~

raskerino
10-05-2005, 02:53 AM
No of course she's not a real person, but yes stereotypes do matter (sorry that this is off topic) they cause horrible generalizations (part of the definition) and can very easily cause racism. For example what it sounds like you said, and you've defended not denied of apoligized for. All japanese men are filled with lust and dream their whole lives about boobs. And saying that is horrible so I do have a problem with it.

But yes I agree that's how the artist's made her and she should be judged based on her character (she can still be called a monkey but I'd disagree).

~*~Celes~*~
10-05-2005, 02:58 AM
Well, in that case you're right, and I appologize. I never meant to sound mean like that.

Anyway, I agree that people should look at her personality, not her looks. I happen to think she's pretty (not that I judge girls like that but just saying).

~*~Celes~*~

Rengori
10-05-2005, 03:15 AM
Just because I know how to use logical reasoning doesn't mean you have to be all upset with me like that. Do us all a favor, get a life, and stop calling Rikku a lesbian. You have absolutely NO proof.
I'm not allowed to joke around every now and then?

RSL
10-05-2005, 04:07 AM
This thread sure veered off topic.