PDA

View Full Version : got a psp

Cloud No.9
09-01-2005, 09:19 PM
randomly bought a psp today out of cheer chance walked into gamestation and asked if they had any left after the night before. and with my huge store credit bought one, metal gear acid, a 1gb memory stick, a thingy that puts music and movies on it (not dvds though), a charging cradle, and a spare case and other small things.

is there anything else i should consider for it? how do i put dvds on it? is there a better mp4/mp3 converter. can it accept wma? (on version 2.0)

and what does everyone else make of it?

Lindy
09-01-2005, 09:33 PM
Make sure it's not upgraded to 2.0 and get some Homebrew Emulators.

Cloud No.9
09-01-2005, 11:27 PM
it is now

Lindy
09-01-2005, 11:37 PM
As far as I know, 2.0 PSP's can't support any of the current Homebrew hacks 'cause they're for the earlier version, and 'cause the new version added in code to prevent some haxxorz.

ultima88
09-01-2005, 11:51 PM
i dont really know anything about psp's really except i hope to get one very soon, you know you were talking about emulators, do you think it would be possible to play emulators such as epsxe ?

ZeZipster
09-01-2005, 11:59 PM
i dont really know anything about psp's really except i hope to get one very soon, you know you were talking about emulators, do you think it would be possible to play emulators such as epsxe ?

No. The PSP has problems emulating SNES, it's not likely we'll see PS1 emulators.

ultima88
09-02-2005, 12:07 AM
lol oh well, do you know why that is ? beacouse i just assumed as the graphics seem very advanced i just assumed it would be able to ?

Mo-Nercy
09-02-2005, 12:09 AM
Give me money you rich sob.

:love:

Maxico
09-02-2005, 12:13 AM
lol oh well, do you know why that is ? beacouse i just assumed as the graphics seem very advanced i just assumed it would be able to ?

I assume that running a game off the hardware specificaly designed to play that game and running a game off an emulator are rather different. Therefore the system running the emulation needs to be significantly more powerful than the actual hardware to play games at the same rate.

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong.

ultima88
09-02-2005, 12:18 AM
I assume that running a game off the hardware specificaly designed to play that game and running a game off an emulator are rather different. Therefore the system running the emulation needs to be significantly more powerful than the actual hardware to play games at the same rate.

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong.

meh.... good point

Shoden
09-02-2005, 12:22 AM
I'm getting one in November hopefully prices will firgging drop!

ultima88
09-02-2005, 12:28 AM
yeh, hope so, so you can take pictures with it, listen to mp3's on it play games and watch movies on it, correct ?

Shoeberto
09-02-2005, 12:31 AM
As far as I know, 2.0 PSP's can't support any of the current Homebrew hacks 'cause they're for the earlier version, and 'cause the new version added in code to prevent some haxxorz.
I thought the homebrewers already circumvented the 2.0 restrictions. Might want to check up on that.

Black Mage
09-02-2005, 12:31 AM
I've never heard of it having a picture taking function. Unless there's some sort of add on that I have never heard of.

The others it can do, though how well is subjective, I suppose.

Lindy
09-02-2005, 12:32 AM
That's why I said as far as I know.

I just think it's safer to not upgrade to 2.0 for now.

ultima88
09-02-2005, 12:35 AM
oh, mabys not take pictures, but im sure i herd of some sort of picture function, maby its just viewing them ? how do you get songs/movies on it, is it just via USB or... ?

Shoden
09-02-2005, 12:37 AM
Memory stick uses USB likely.

Shoeberto
09-02-2005, 12:44 AM
Well, not exactly.

You connect them to your computer via a reader that uses USB, but they don't natively go into a USB port.

I think there's a USB cable for the PSP that allows you to plug your PSP into your computer and just copy files over. Otherwise you'll have to shell out for a USB Memory Stick Duo reader, which would be retarded, but then again, it's a video game company. They tend to have no problems holding your hardware hostage until you buy some fancy add-on.

Shoden
09-02-2005, 12:51 AM
So it's like a card?

ZeZipster
09-02-2005, 12:53 AM
It comes with a USB cable and 32 mb duo pro stick.

ultima88
09-02-2005, 01:03 AM
32 mb, thats pritty useless

Cloud No.9
09-02-2005, 08:34 PM
it doesn't come with the cable.

the cable though is the same one you probably go with your digital camera. but there are normally cheap and easy o get a hold of (accessory packs or xploder multimedia for psp)

you put the card in the psp and link it up. though transferring files can be awkward due to file types and names.

i have a 1gb memory stick and it's got lots of things on it right now.

now i need someone to release a dvd to mp4 software so i can get a few films on there.

the camera function is possible. it was demonstrated when it was unveiled. same with it being able to be used as a phone and pda. but addons will need to be released first.