PDA

View Full Version : Lunar Cry (no theory)

Future Esthar
09-02-2005, 12:34 AM
This is a thread I was waiting to post many time ago.
It was supposed to had screenshots,but I think we will not need it (depending on your memories on the situation).

This is not a theory thread.
The purpose of this thread is to discuss the most strange things happening on FF8.
They happen during the events happening on space.
Clarify-me and explain this to me:

1-There is this spot on Obel Lake in which we talk with the shadow.
Looking to it from Space we see it as an inlet on the middle of Obel Lake.It is surrounded by water.
2-The monsters werenīt supposed to fall on Esthar? But we see them at some point falling on the direction of Galbadia.At this point the Galbadia continent is seen covering the face of the globe we see which means that the Esthar continent was on the other side.
3-At some point the flood of monsters become very bright.Before this we saw some set of monsters.However after the bright the set was different.Really,I downloaded the FMV and saw it carefully.
I think one of the sets were the monsters already on Esthar and the other the monsters that appear later.
4-Is it me or in the end of the FMV we saw the floor breaking on pieces due to the impact?The break generates rivers and all that.Maybe it was just the shade of the monsters who falls on separate balls.
But that IS strange because there were no changes when they went to Earth.
5-There was another FMV in wich we see the monsters falling inside the Pandora.How did they overpass the roof?It seems as if they were falling on water.
But what is really strange is how is it that the monsters scattered when they reached the atmosphere?Even if they died werenīt they body to fall on earth?Why were they suspended on midair.For instance the Esthar sky became red for too long which is impossible.Monsters werenīt clouds.And what is this bright thing that falls?Adelīs Tomb?

BG-57
09-02-2005, 01:38 AM
I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop here.

Megalixir
09-02-2005, 02:02 AM
How many times does the game list the lunar cry as happening? three!

Once in Trabia, once in Centra, and once in Esthar

and how many characters make up your party? why three!

coincidence?

Skyblade
09-02-2005, 02:29 AM
How many times does the game list the lunar cry as happening? three!

Once in Trabia, once in Centra, and once in Esthar

and how many characters make up your party? why three!

coincidence?

Shut up. This seems to be the first valid discussion thread Future Esthar has made since I've known him. Don't try to put the cosmos back in place, just go with it.

I have a couple chores to do now, but I'll be back to post on this in a bit, Future Esthar.

Shoden
09-02-2005, 02:41 AM
I don't really understand the lunar cry myself. It makes no sense.

Fonzie
09-02-2005, 03:04 AM
The moons cry's monster onto the planet. The End.

Shoden
09-02-2005, 03:05 AM
but it makes no sense. How did the monsters get onto the moon, how can the moon cry. theres no gravity in space so the cry would just scatter besides no water on moon. Logic out weighs it I try to understand but can't.

Raven Nox
09-02-2005, 04:00 AM
It's not an actual cry. I guess in the FF8 world, mosnters are born on the moon, and at certain times, the monsters gather together and fall to Earth. That's what I saw it as though, I've never really thought about it, so I could be worng, I haven't played FF8 in a well either.

G SpOtZ
09-02-2005, 06:08 AM
this should get interesting...

in fact, i HOPE people start making up crazy theories about this, just to see how creative we can all get. of course, masamune or SoS will come along and prove every theory wrong with verified evidence from the game. but hey, that'll be sweet too cuz i'm up for anything right now.

Skyblade
09-02-2005, 06:40 AM
this should get interesting...

in fact, i HOPE people start making up crazy theories about this, just to see how creative we can all get. of course, masamune or SoS will come along and prove every theory wrong with verified evidence from the game. but hey, that'll be sweet too cuz i'm up for anything right now.

You forgot to mention Sir Bahamut...

Megalixir
09-02-2005, 06:56 AM
okk.. from what ive gathered from the game.. The Lunar Cry occurs every so often years where the monsters are pulled from the moon to earth.. this has something to do with the Lunatic Pandora.

Lunar Cries have happened in Centra (the Centra cry destroyed the magical continent), Trabia (although it seems Trabia may have recovered?), and Esthar.

Players get to witness the Esthar Cry and the Trabia Cry (Laguna flashback in Trabia Canyon, he sees the Lunatic Pandora.)

There is also something special about hte Esthar Cry because the Lunatic Pandora was aligned with Tears Point (i believe).. I think this made the cry stronger?

Monsters populate the moon, when the Lunar Cry occurs, they inhabit the earth. Some die, others breed and migrate.

During the Esthar cry, Adel's tomb was aligned with the moon, so the Lunatic Pandora drew her to earth as well.. I believe it is the Lunatic Pandora which decides where the cry will happen and pulls the monsters off the moon to earth, however, I do not know what force is behind the lunatic pandora.

also :tongue: at skyblade. i love you bro. youre my dog.

boys from the dwarf
09-02-2005, 07:49 AM
so simply the shadow monster at obel lake is one of the monsters that fell from the like every other monster because monsters are all from lunar crys.

Crystal Tears
09-02-2005, 09:18 AM
Except it was there before the Lunar Cry.

This is how I comprehended the situation; the monsters live and breed on the moon, which is perfectly logical. At certain points in time, the monsters fall from the moon to land on the Earth to keep a steady supply of monsters to the Earth when numbers dwindle. I also thought that the Lunatic Pandora was able to start the Lunar Cry and thus guided the animals all over the earth - mainly to Esthar, because that was where the Lunatic Pandora was. The reason why none of the animsl managed to penetrate into the Lunatic Pandora was because it had a forcefield - remember trying to break into it in the Ragnarok? - it can only be penetrated with high power gun/missiles, and it's highly doubtful that the monsters could break through.
The reason the sky remained red? Well, most of the monsters probably broke up as they entered the atmosphere, or even before hand, so their broken up particles would scatter and fall slowly, creating a red aura for quite some time and it doesn't appear to last that long over Esthar. But about there being no visual changes to the physical landscape, maybe the animators got bored and forgot? ^_^;;
Hope it cleared a few things up.

~*Crystal

Shoden
09-02-2005, 04:04 PM
Wheres SOS when you need him?

Captain Maxx Power
09-02-2005, 04:15 PM
Magic. Simple as that. Now let's all go home to our loved ones before FE explains the link between FF8 and Ginster's Pasties.

Sir Bahamut
09-02-2005, 06:10 PM
The Lunar Cry:

As has been mentioned, all monsters from FF8 originate from the moon. They all live there really. Don't ask why, that's just how it is.

Now, at regular intervals, as has also been mentioned, the monsters fall down to earth(probably because there are too many on the moon, or because of the Crystal Pilla, explained later) in what is called the "Lunar Cry"(the meaning of the name being obvious).

The Crystal Pillar is a big stone from the moon, which made it's way to earth somehow. This Crystal Pillar reacts with the moon, and can trigger the Lunar Cry(whether this is the only reason the Lunar Cry happens is unknown to me; we might get Ultimania information soon though) artificially. The Lunatic Pandora is the vessel which was created to contain the Crystal Pillar, so it could be studied(it was probably thought it could be used for potential warfare too though). The Lunatic Pandora floats due to a reaction between the Crystal Pillar and the Lunatic Pandora itself.

Now, Tears Point has been discovered to be the location on earth which harbours the greatest natural 'attraction' to the moon. In other words, if you want to use the Crystal Pillar to trigger a Lunar Cry, your best bet is to position the Lunatic Pandora over Tears Point.

Now, for the Lunar Cry we see during the game, there are some oddities about it(why the monsters didn't burn up in the atmosphere, why they suddenly spread out to form a sheet, and how they survived the 'fall' to begin with) but these are all aspects which are merely explained by the fact that this is a game.

2-The monsters werenīt supposed to fall on Esthar? But we see them at some point falling on the direction of Galbadia.At this point the Galbadia continent is seen covering the face of the globe we see which means that the Esthar continent was on the other side.

This is not true. We never 'see' where they are going to land. We only know they fall at Esthar because that's where Tears Point, and the Crystal Pillar, is.

http://www.ffshrine.org/ff8/ff8_fmvshots.php

Find a screenshot in there which backs up your claim. I dare you. Maybe this is what you're talking about:

http://www.ffshrine.org/ff8/fmvshots-disc3/17-lunar/00020.jpg

But please, we cannot see what part of the earth that is. All we see is clouds and water.

3-At some point the flood of monsters become very bright.Before this we saw some set of monsters.However after the bright the set was different.Really,I downloaded the FMV and saw it carefully.
I think one of the sets were the monsters already on Esthar and the other the monsters that appear later.

Bull****. Go to the link above and point to this change in brightness. Better yet, find the appropriate video here:

http://bluelaguna.net/movies/ff8/fmvs.php

and tell us exactly where, and in what video this happens.

4-Is it me or in the end of the FMV we saw the floor breaking on pieces due to the impact?The break generates rivers and all that.Maybe it was just the shade of the monsters who falls on separate balls.

Floor breaking on impact? Please, what on earth are you talking about? Again, please refer to the pictures of the FMVs linked to.

5-There was another FMV in wich we see the monsters falling inside the Pandora.How did they overpass the roof?It seems as if they were falling on water.

As mentioned, the Lunatic Pandora has a forcefield.

Megalixir
09-02-2005, 07:36 PM
so what is PuPu's relation with the lunar cry, if any?

Sir Bahamut
09-02-2005, 09:18 PM
He has no relation to the Lunar Cry at all. He is just an alien from some other strange planet =P

BackRoomKid
09-02-2005, 09:41 PM
that bright light, ha....i am convinced (just by my own reasoning) that it's Adel's tomb

but, there are no rules to these kinda things, so i think that'd be funny if PuPu was caught in the Lunar Cry and fell down to earth with the monsters, poor guy, he does look a bit dazed

G SpOtZ
09-02-2005, 09:47 PM
here's my poorly backed up and insanely false theory:

*enters future esthar mode*

I believe that FFVIII is related to FFVII. In FFVII they talked about the ancients travelling from planet to planet, or something like that. Well the "moon" in FFVIII wasn't actually a moon. it was a planet, of the ancients. yes. the ancients were actually monsters. their planet was roaming around in space then decided to get caught into earth's gravitational field, so it could orbit around like a moon and be disguised. Now these monsters, these ancients, they decided to stay at first a long time because it was a nice place, and the place where to "cool" ancients/monsters hung out was at the islands of heaven and hell...
well anyway, ancients from ffvii were supposedly supposed to travel to a planet, settle, and move on. This ffviii world is simply far into the future of the ffvii world, and the whole "last remaining ancients" thing is all bs. they were lying. yes that must be it, it's the only explaination.
so in the future from ffvii, they find the ffviii world. they're like hey, this is a pretty insane world. lets freak em all out by beaming ourselves down to the planet!

and THATS where baby's come from!

BackRoomKid
09-02-2005, 10:17 PM
^^^uh huuuuuh

then Aeris's mom is a monster? or is that a lie too?

redxiii, that makes a bit more sense, he's more of a beast then a monster though

Megalixir
09-03-2005, 04:02 AM
that bright light, ha....i am convinced (just by my own reasoning) that it's Adel's tomb

definately.

Big D
09-03-2005, 04:22 AM
Now, for the Lunar Cry we see during the game, there are some oddities about it(why the monsters didn't burn up in the atmosphere, why they suddenly spread out to form a sheet, and how they survived the 'fall' to begin with) but these are all aspects which are merely explained by the fact that this is a game.Nah, the answer's simple: the Crystal Pillar, when it's 'activated' by being in a particular point, establishes a strong energy field - we know this for a fact, because it directly triggers the Lunar Cry. A huge amount of gravity manipulation would be required in order to mess around with the monsters like that, but there'd have to be other factors involved to prevent the monsters dying from exposure to space, atmospheric re-entry or from the fall. So, I figure it's something like this: The Crystal Pillar's energy field is basically an annular force field that creates an enclosed 'corridor' between the planet and the moon. This corridor has less gravity than the moon or the planet itself, but there's enough of a force to draw the monsters toward the planet, along with a sufficient amount of the moon's atmosphere to keep the monsters alive. They're protected from space, from re-entry and from terminal velocity - problem solved.

BackRoomKid
09-03-2005, 08:25 AM
^^^physics honors ey?

makes sense though, notice the monsters are all red to begin with...kinda reminds me of how a meteor or ANYTHING for that matter gets "red" cuz of the heat it gathers up when entering earth's atmosphere

but the lunatic pandora has sum kind of protection to prevent these monsters from "over heating" so-to-speak and has a grativational manipulation

Christmas
09-03-2005, 12:04 PM
Looking to it from Space we see it as an inlet on the middle of Obel Lake.It is surrounded by water.

Incredible...You can see an inlet of Obel lake from outer space? So you assume it is falling towards the Galbadia Continent?

I have one very good explaination to this. The monster fall to the place where initiate the Lunar Cry so you know where it is. Since the place is pretty near the sea, you might have mistook it for Obel lake. But if you are pretty sure that with your super observant eyes that it is 100% it's Obel lake, then you still can't change the fact that it fall in Esthar and not Galbadia.

And I know how your eyes really works seem you can see Ellone's doubling image as Rinoa, I guess you can also see anything in the FF VIII world from outer space.

For instance the Esthar sky became red for too long which is impossible.

My FF VII have a image of Meteor up in the sky for centuries and it still haven't crashed onto the planet.

Future Esthar
09-04-2005, 02:26 PM
I am good at recognizing lands.
This is Obel Lake,not Esthar.
The land spot on the lake appears as an island from Space.
Point 1 and 2 werenīt related.Why you relate it?
And no,somewhere on the FMV we can see nearly the entire continent.
But itīs interesting that you misunderstood it with Esthar.

To Sir Bahamut-Itīs the FMV in which we see the moon,the planet and the monsters falling to it.
And no,itīs not that picture.But the FMV I am talking contains it.
The part in which the floor is broken is at the end.
The part about Obel Lake is at the beggining.

Christmas
09-04-2005, 03:06 PM
Why dun you post a screenshot of the FMV you are talking about?

Squall of SeeD
09-04-2005, 04:01 PM
Now, for the Lunar Cry we see during the game, there are some oddities about it(why the monsters didn't burn up in the atmosphere, why they suddenly spread out to form a sheet, and how they survived the 'fall' to begin with) but these are all aspects which are merely explained by the fact that this is a game.Nah, the answer's simple: the Crystal Pillar, when it's 'activated' by being in a particular point, establishes a strong energy field - we know this for a fact, because it directly triggers the Lunar Cry. A huge amount of gravity manipulation would be required in order to mess around with the monsters like that, but there'd have to be other factors involved to prevent the monsters dying from exposure to space, atmospheric re-entry or from the fall. So, I figure it's something like this: The Crystal Pillar's energy field is basically an annular force field that creates an enclosed 'corridor' between the planet and the moon. This corridor has less gravity than the moon or the planet itself, but there's enough of a force to draw the monsters toward the planet, along with a sufficient amount of the moon's atmosphere to keep the monsters alive. They're protected from space, from re-entry and from terminal velocity - problem solved.

To add to this, remember that Lunar Cries normally just smack into the ground. This wasn't a normal Lunar Cry, however. It was artificially initiated by the Lunatic Pandora's presence over Tears' Point.

Obviously, the Lunar Cry was heading straight toward the Crystal Pillar in this situation. Even more obviously, allowing them to impact with the facility wouldn't be a good thing. Using the Crystal Pillar's gravity manipulation, the Lunar Cry was simply dispersed in the sky, while still allowing Adel's Tomb to descend and enter.

Sir Bahamut
09-04-2005, 04:01 PM
Exactly. Future, I linked to all the FF8 FMVs, both in video format and in picture format. Please tell us which FMV it is on that site, and link to the picture for the specific scene you refer to.

Future Esthar
09-06-2005, 12:44 AM
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a53/Futuresthar/ObelLakespace.jpg

This is the picture of Obel Lake from space.

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a53/Futuresthar/Galbadiaatthecenter.jpg

This is the picture of Galbadia from space.I recognize it because I see the Dollet region on the middle.You are right,this was the picture you showed me.

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a53/Futuresthar/Bright.jpg

This is when the set of monsters start to get bright.
Before this the monsters are like this:

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a53/Futuresthar/monbefore.jpg

Here we can easily identify that bluey tranparent monster we fight on Esthar (before LC) and that poney type monster we fight on Trabia.

After the bright the monsters are like this:

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a53/Futuresthar/monafter.jpg

Here we see that demon gremlin like monster we fight on Esthar (after Lunar Cry).

And finally:

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a53/Futuresthar/Lunarcryfloorbreaking.jpg

The part in which we see the floor breaking due to the impact.

G SpOtZ
09-06-2005, 01:03 AM
interesting.... i don't get it.

ThePheonix
09-06-2005, 03:03 AM
That is more likely the sea/lake in Esthar (not the dryed up one), especially since there is a river leading to it.

Skyblade
09-06-2005, 05:48 AM
Um, I don't usually agree with Future Esthar, but judging from that last pic, it looks like it is indeed hitting on the Galbadian continent. You can see the bay near Deling City, and Long Horn beach (where you find Adamantoises) there. I spent a while comparing it to my FFVII map, but it looks like the Lunar Cry hit the atmosphere just over the Float draw point on the western side of the Galbadian continent.

G SpOtZ
09-06-2005, 01:25 PM
so what does this tell us?

Big D
09-06-2005, 01:34 PM
so what does this tell us?It tells us that Jenova is Ultimecia (http://forums.eyesonff.com/showpost.php?p=1280786&postcount=214).
After all, Jenova was a violent alien being with magical powers, that fell from the heavens and created an enormous crater. Jenova also brought destruction, obliterating an entire advanced society - the Cetra.

The Lunar Cry brought a flood of violent, magical monsters falling from the heavens. Wherever they fell, they created an enormous crater. These monsters brought destruction, including the annihilation of the advanced Centra civilisation.

Coincidence?
I think not.

It's further flawless and 100% utterly watertight proof of the connection between Jenova and Ultimecia. I even gave a hyperlink, which means that my evidence is stronger still.

G SpOtZ
09-06-2005, 02:11 PM
so what does this tell us?It tells us that Jenova is Ultimecia (http://forums.eyesonff.com/showpost.php?p=1280786&postcount=214).
After all, Jenova was a violent alien being with magical powers, that fell from the heavens and created an enormous crater. Jenova also brought destruction, obliterating an entire advanced society - the Cetra.

The Lunar Cry brought a flood of violent, magical monsters falling from the heavens. Wherever they fell, they created an enormous crater. These monsters brought destruction, including the annihilation of the advanced Centra civilisation.

Coincidence?
I think not.

It's further flawless and 100% utterly watertight proof of the connection between Jenova and Ultimecia. I even gave a hyperlink, which means that my evidence is stronger still.
simply genius. i guess my PuPu=Jenova theory was a little off then. they're both aliens, so i just made the connection.

PS i always did notice the Cetra and Centra connection... i questioned that the first time i played ffviii, after playing ffvii many times.

ALSO: Jenova had the ability to control those injected with her cells, yes? well Ultimacia is able to control sorceresses of the past and future. the only difference between them is how they take control, but they get it done, nonetheless. everything else is the same. i mean look at em. they're both horrible ugly female manbeasts.

Future Esthar
09-06-2005, 07:18 PM
It was the first two pictures who resemble the Galbadia continent.
But I donīt know the location of the land of the last picture.
I played FF8 many times and never saw that land.It has a crater-like lake and part of some kind of star shaped lake.
Is this one you say that is Galbadia,Skyblade?

To The Pheonix:
Estharīs sea?No,the river is not so long(considering that you can call that little channel of water a river).Also,I compared it with the map.And itīs nothing like the sea.

G SpOtZ
09-06-2005, 08:15 PM
so even if ur right, FE, what does this mean?

Future Esthar
09-06-2005, 09:01 PM
Thatīs what I wanna people to explain to me.This IS really strange.

BackRoomKid
09-06-2005, 09:05 PM
star shaped lake...kinda reminds me of the star-shaped island on FFVI where you find Locke and you get the Phoenix Esther am i correct?

hey, Terra is an "advanced form" of life...hmmmm

Future Esthar
09-07-2005, 01:52 AM
Can you give a more especific information on the location of this Float draw point Skyblade?

Skyblade
09-07-2005, 01:57 AM
Can you give a more especific information on the location of this Float draw point Skyblade?

About as far west as you can go and still be on the Galbadian continent. Right before the series of islands leading to the Island closest to Hell.

G SpOtZ
09-07-2005, 02:38 AM
star shaped lake...kinda reminds me of the star-shaped island on FFVI where you find Locke and you get the Phoenix Esther am i correct?

hey, Terra is an "advanced form" of life...hmmmm
oh my god. esther sounds like esthar. there MUST BE SOME KIND OF CONNECTION!

sayen
09-07-2005, 01:55 PM
wow what weird theroy. i have a few points to make.

1. the bit where the luna cry is seen form the outside it looks bright because of light from sol (sol means sun but only our sun.)

2. the bit with the monsters in the screenshot on the other page is inside the luna cry which is why it is dull.

3. i think that the monsters that died/expleded created a mass of blood in wich the other monsters survived in/held breth/swam.

4 the moon dosent have an atmosphere because of all the craters we see couldet be the if there was one as they wold of been flattend out.

5. the gravaty filed from the lunatic pandora cant have been strong enught to keep the steam of monsters going towards it. so the monsters spread out aboth esthar and containd in the blood the monsters wherent effected by the impact.

6.in the game we only hear of it happerning once at centra witch destryed the continent. we then see the luna cry at esthar. which makes a total of 2 luna crys. i get this cause in the informaction it says that the monsters only appeard after the luna cry that destroyed centra.

7. the "dream world" with laguna we wander around the crystal piller wich is being excavated by esthar. it is in esthar that the dream takes place because there is no snow to be seen and trabia is coverd in snow.

i think ive coverd everything.

ps dorry about the grammer folks.

MJN SEIFER
09-07-2005, 08:15 PM
I'm actually on Future's Side for this thread. Them pictures make sense to me to.

Skyblade
09-07-2005, 08:17 PM
wow what weird theroy. i have a few points to make.

1. the bit where the luna cry is seen form the outside it looks bright because of light from sol (sol means sun but only our sun.)

2. the bit with the monsters in the screenshot on the other page is inside the luna cry which is why it is dull.

3. i think that the monsters that died/expleded created a mass of blood in wich the other monsters survived in/held breth/swam.

4 the moon dosent have an atmosphere because of all the craters we see couldet be the if there was one as they wold of been flattend out.

5. the gravaty filed from the lunatic pandora cant have been strong enught to keep the steam of monsters going towards it. so the monsters spread out aboth esthar and containd in the blood the monsters wherent effected by the impact.

6.in the game we only hear of it happerning once at centra witch destryed the continent. we then see the luna cry at esthar. which makes a total of 2 luna crys. i get this cause in the informaction it says that the monsters only appeard after the luna cry that destroyed centra.

7. the "dream world" with laguna we wander around the crystal piller wich is being excavated by esthar. it is in esthar that the dream takes place because there is no snow to be seen and trabia is coverd in snow.

i think ive coverd everything.

ps dorry about the grammer folks.

Incorrect. The game also refers to the last Lunar Cry, which occured in Trabia (probably where that crater is).

Christmas
09-08-2005, 02:01 PM
This is something from other thread:

Shinra Rocket: When they launch the Shinra No.26 into space, and you see the FMV, the whole logo "Shinra No. 26" is completely flipped around.

For further references, read this thread: Game Errors (http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?t=69754)

This could be your answer or maybe you have something else in mind or the picture isn't what you think it is.

Future Esthar
09-09-2005, 01:14 AM
Skyblade is right.To keep saying "itīs just a game" itīs annoying.
Specially when things finally start to make sense.
Do people realize that the argument "itīs just a game and this is just an error " is an argument that canīt be proofed on specific situations and it always guarants the victory to the opponent of the vality of an observation or theory.
For instance if I say that Cid ordered Squall to brought the information he heards from Edea back to Garden you will say thatīs a stupid theory because Cid just ordered Squall to go to the flower field (garden) to get on harmony with nature and talk with
flowers.All of this just because the creator of the script get sleepy and accidentally pressed "shift" along with "g" making the "g" into "G"(the guyīs hand rested over the "shift" button").
Of course this donīt make sense.
To say the inlet was seen as an island from space due to graphical errors donīt make sense either.

Pouring Rain
09-09-2005, 01:21 AM
Um, I can just tell you, that the moon looks sick with all them monsters, and doesn't hit over there by Esthar and Lunatic Pandora and all that?

Future Esthar
09-09-2005, 01:53 AM
You guys are trying to explain what the Lunar Cry was.
Thatīs not what I asked on this thread.
I asked about the weirdness of these five things (go see the beggining of the thread and the pictures I post).
If you could just explain the Obel Lake weirdness I would be happy.

Skyblade
09-09-2005, 02:19 AM
This is a thread I was waiting to post many time ago.
It was supposed to had screenshots,but I think we will not need it (depending on your memories on the situation).

This is not a theory thread.
The purpose of this thread is to discuss the most strange things happening on FF8.
They happen during the events happening on space.
Clarify-me and explain this to me:

But what is really strange is how is it that the monsters scattered when they reached the atmosphere?Even if they died werenīt they body to fall on earth?Why were they suspended on midair.For instance the Esthar sky became red for too long which is impossible.Monsters werenīt clouds.And what is this bright thing that falls?Adelīs Tomb?

Ok, Future Esthar, he's my best attempt to answer your questions.

1. There is an inlet in Obel Lake, because you stand on that inlet when you speak to the shadow inside Obel Lake. I don't see a problem there, whatever you are misunderstanding will have to be stated more clearly.

2. Just because the Crystal Pillar in conjuction with Tear's Point creates an energy field that can cause the Lunar Cry doesn't mean that the Lunar Cry would hit anwhere near Tear's Point. I don't believe that it is said anywhere in the game that the Lunar Cry would strike where the Lunatic Pandora is. The Lunatic Pandora is just an activation device, not necessarily a target for the Lunar Cry.

3. I think that it's safe to assume that the monsters can't survive in space under normal conditions for any lengthy period of time, or there would be hundreds of them out there all the time. That being the case, they would need some sort of field to protect them against the rigors of space for the journey to Earth. The brightening you speak of could be a gathering of the energy required to create a protective barrier large enough to extend to the planet. Once the barrier is formed, that energy is used and the barrier only needs to be maintained (which would probably require less energy). Thus the darker portion is because the energy that was used for the field's creation was no longer present once the barrier was in place.

4. I noticed no such thing. Even looking at the pic you provided, I didn't see what you're talking about. If you could edit the pic to point out specifically what you mean, I'll try to resolve that issue.

5. We never see the roof of the Lunatic Pandora, only it's underside. The Crystal Pillar itself could be hollow, and the top of the Lunatic Pandora might be open. Problem solved.

Hope that help some.

Squall of SeeD
09-09-2005, 07:59 AM
I just want to point out that the Lunar Cry was, indeed, heading for Tears' Point:

Crew Member
"Tons of monsters...!"
"I...I believe they're headed for Tears' Point in Esthar..."

Researcher
"Then, that means Lunatic Pandora is at Tears' Point. When did this
happen!?"

Also, the Lunar Cry never penetrated the Lunatic Pandora. It was dispersed in the air above it, while Adel's Tomb was allowed to float down into the structure. As to how it penetrated the roof, that's a good question. Some weird kind of material, I guess.

Christmas
09-09-2005, 03:55 PM
Skyblade is right.To keep saying "itīs just a game" itīs annoying.
Specially when things finally start to make sense.
Do people realize that the argument "itīs just a game and this is just an error " is an argument that canīt be proofed on specific situations and it always guarants the victory to the opponent of the vality of an observation or theory.
For instance if I say that Cid ordered Squall to brought the information he heards from Edea back to Garden you will say thatīs a stupid theory because Cid just ordered Squall to go to the flower field (garden) to get on harmony with nature and talk with
flowers.All of this just because the creator of the script get sleepy and accidentally pressed "shift" along with "g" making the "g" into "G"(the guyīs hand rested over the "shift" button").
Of course this donīt make sense.
To say the inlet was seen as an island from space due to graphical errors donīt make sense either.

Anyway, this is what you once said:

It was a mistake of mine(DONīT YOU MAKE MISTAKES?).

And I even highlighted "could".

I know what you mean, there is a path that could be walk over to the center of the lake but now it is completely surrounded by water. But the path is very short so it is probably not so visible from space or it isn't Obel Lake or "see above".

-The monsters werenīt supposed to fall on Esthar? But we see them at some point falling on the direction of Galbadia.At this point the Galbadia continent is seen covering the face of the globe we see which means that the Esthar continent was on the other side.

From various past experiences of Lunar Cry, the Crystal Pillar is usually dug on from the scene of the Lunar Cry judging from Trabia and Centra which might imply that usually Lunar Cry occur somewhere near or at the Crystal Pillar. So it is heading towards Esthar and is a fact that is dropped at Esthar and from the last picture, I can't really judge it to be Esthar nor Galbadia.

If you mean the last pic, then look more like the wave of monster hit the planet and upon impact, dispersed and scattered around the place. And the "?red energy barrier/aura?"that protected them in space dispersed into the sky and this might be the reason why the sky is red in Esthar.

But this is what I saw and what I deprived.

There was another FMV in wich we see the monsters falling inside the Pandora.How did they overpass the roof?It seems as if they were falling on water.

This is something about the Lunatic Pandora

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a155/Unknowns2/Lunatic.jpg

It is made by Esthar using unknown technology and we do witness their technology. So it might be one of the function that they allow Adel's tomb to get inside there.

Skyblade
09-09-2005, 06:03 PM
I just want to point out that the Lunar Cry was, indeed, heading for Tears' Point:

Crew Member
"Tons of monsters...!"
"I...I believe they're headed for Tears' Point in Esthar..."

Researcher
"Then, that means Lunatic Pandora is at Tears' Point. When did this
happen!?"

Also, the Lunar Cry never penetrated the Lunatic Pandora. It was dispersed in the air above it, while Adel's Tomb was allowed to float down into the structure. As to how it penetrated the roof, that's a good question. Some weird kind of material, I guess.

Ok. I forgot about that. But the FMV does show the Lunar Cry hitting the Galbadian continent...

Future Esthar
09-09-2005, 06:25 PM
So you allways believe in passing through walls(or other solids) technology,Unknowns.

Christmas
09-09-2005, 06:28 PM
So you allways believe in passing through walls(or other solids) technology,Unknowns.

And what make you think that?

Future Esthar
09-11-2005, 12:26 AM
Look,a "I donīt know" answer is also acceptable.
1-No,Unknowns,at that scale the land path should be pretty visible.
Skyblade,I am saying that the inlet appears as an island from space.
From space it is surrounded by water.On the ground it is not surrounded by water.How to solve this discrepancy?
2-Just to Unknowns
I usually donīt mistake places on maps.Thatīs Galbadia.I know the Earth is a little too far but I can see the Long Horn peninsula and Dollet region.Itīs hardly difficult to had a similar place on the Esthar region.Also,believe on Skybladeīs eyes.
Looking at the events on the Lunar Cry we see that they concentrate on one point and then fall.Since the monster tangencial average velocities inside the "tunnel" werenīt astronomical they fall into a straight line.The ones who get out of the "tunnel" will not fall much further than the tunnel hit point though.
3-What really bothers me is not the bright itself but this:
a)-There were a type of monsters on Esthar before
our characters went to space.
b)These monsters were saw on space before the bright light.
c)After this bright another set of monsters appear.This were the ones heading for Esthar.
d)After this the monsters on a) were not found anymore on the planet.

Lines a,b and d added together is strange.

4-Itīs impossible to see it on the picture.One has to see the FMV to note the slight change on the geography.
And I am really sure there were rivers forming and the flood of monsters is not blue of course.

5-Itīs interesting that we see the flood of monsters over the Pandora since we already
saw it hitting the Galbadia continent HITTING THE FLOOR.At least we know it already crossed the atmosphere.

Behound all that I also note recently that there were smoking coming from the flood of monsters.This is seen for example when the pod separates from the Lunar base and the flood engulfed the latter.

Christmas
09-11-2005, 09:55 AM
Look,a "I donīt know" answer is also acceptable.
1-No,Unknowns,at that scale the land path should be pretty visible.
Skyblade,I am saying that the inlet appears as an island from space.
From space it is surrounded by water.On the ground it is not surrounded by water.How to solve this discrepancy?
2-Just to Unknowns
I usually donīt mistake places on maps.Thatīs Galbadia.I know the Earth is a little too far but I can see the Long Horn peninsula and Dollet region.Itīs hardly difficult to had a similar place on the Esthar region.Also,believe on Skybladeīs eyes.
Looking at the events on the Lunar Cry we see that they concentrate on one point and then fall.Since the monster tangencial average velocities inside the "tunnel" werenīt astronomical they fall into a straight line.The ones who get out of the "tunnel" will not fall much further than the tunnel hit point though.
3-What really bothers me is not the bright itself but this:
a)-There were a type of monsters on Esthar before
our characters went to space.
b)These monsters were saw on space before the bright light.
c)After this bright another set of monsters appear.This were the ones heading for Esthar.
d)After this the monsters on a) were not found anymore on the planet.

Lines a,b and d added together is strange.

4-Itīs impossible to see it on the picture.One has to see the FMV to note the slight change on the geography.
And I am really sure there were rivers forming and the flood of monsters is not blue of course.

5-Itīs interesting that we see the flood of monsters over the Pandora since we already
saw it hitting the Galbadia continent HITTING THE FLOOR.At least we know it already crossed the atmosphere.

Behound all that I also note recently that there were smoking coming from the flood of monsters.This is seen for example when the pod separates from the Lunar base and the flood engulfed the latter.

Look, I already answered your little questions like others. Whether the hitting the floor or whatever stuff, I already shared what I deprived. If you think that my answers aren't up to your standards and will rather prefer a "I Don't Know" as an answer then so be it, I am not obliged to impress you with my answers anyway.

Personally, I dun think you were accepting the public's answers anyway, you were just accepting answers that is in favour to you, answers that you like to see.

Several others had answered your questions and if you are still not satisfied, why not you show some answers yourself? And if you dun know and this thread is for us to provide you with comments but none of it is up to your standards and better well off answered as "I don't know", then this is the best we have done as we bother to put in effort to read your questions and anaylsis it. If you dun appreciate what we are doing, then just keep these questions to yourself the next time.

And lastly, the Obel lake is completely surrounded by water from space and isn't when you see it from the world map. You claim the land is pretty visible, then this question the credibility of the world map seen from space itself.

Future Esthar
09-12-2005, 05:09 PM
Do you get upset because I said a "I donīt know answer is acceptable"?

What I mean is that you should give your best answer even if it is "I donīt know".

And many thanks for your efforts.

The divergences here were due to subjective ways of seeing the pictures.
And I know some of you only had it for Playstation which makes it impossible to use some important computer tools.
Do you think I should make this thread die(I hope so)?

MJN SEIFER
10-02-2005, 09:33 PM
Even if the LP is in Ether the monsters could be scatterd. It still makes no sense they seam to START OFF at Obel Lake though...

Also what I'd like to know is how come the monster rates don't DRAMATCIALLY change?

Future Esthar
10-02-2005, 09:50 PM
Thatīs it MJN Seifer.

MJN SEIFER
11-18-2005, 11:25 PM
Originally Posted by Big D:
That's debatable

The truth is... Jenova is Ultimecia.
Yep, FFVII's 'background villain' is actually Ultimecia.
There is IRREFUTABLE PROOF in both games.

Jenova can survive travel through space. Thus, Jenova could get from one world to another. If the worlds of FFVII and FFVIII are in fact the same world, then this is fine too - Jenova can survive for millennia, buried in solid rock.

"But Jenova was destroyed!" you all cry. Actually, Jenova's body has the ability to re-form when it's dismembered - even when it's apparently dead.

Both Jenova and Ultimecia are female, and both want to attain God-like power and rule over an entire world.

Jenova has the power to change her form. Ultimecia transforms, as well. Jenova can alter her appearance, gaining the appearance and voice of other people. Jenova and Ultimecia look nothing alike, which proves that they are one and the same, just using different forms.

This is utterly, completely, irrefutably, incontrovertibly, undoubtedly, undeniably, undisputably, indubitablly, unquestionably true.
Coz I sez so.

I don't know how serious you are, but you're actualy right!